Group 4 check-in (12/25-12/31) w/o 8/12

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you?

Re: Group 4 check-in (12/25-12/31) w/o 8/12

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/26 20+4

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: still undecided - major discussions taking place in our house right now!

Baby is the size of a(n): microphone?

Upcoming Appointments: AS on Wednesday!!

How are you feeling?: Physically I'm doing well, coped with jetlag/travelling pretty good I think. I am so hungry. Emotionally I am excited and a little anxious for our scan Wednesday. 

Rants/Raves: starting to put a registry together and feeling the annoyance of shipping to Canada - grrr.

Questions: 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Oh jeeze.... Smart, fun, impatient?
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20w2d / 12/28

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green (but it’s getting harder!)

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Upcoming Appointments: Next appointment is 9/6 at 24 weeks. At 28 weeks I’ll start getting scans every 4 weeks. At 34 weeks I’ll start weekly NSTs. The benefits of “geriatric” pregnancy. 

How are you feeling?: I feel really good!  A few muscle twinges here and there, which is probably RLP. I’m definitely getting slower at the gym, but I’m still going, so I feel good about that! 

Rants/Raves:  I love feeling this babe move more and more!  Best part of pregnancy for me. 

Questions:  Not today. 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Hmmmm ... funny &
    neurotic.  :D

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @McKBaby - I feel you on the team green challenge! My husband wants to find out and obviously I wanna know but I wanna wait - I almost wish we could find out but not tell anyone...

Also, good on you for keeping it up at the gym! Other than going for walks my exercise routine is seriously lacking right now.
  • Options
    McKBabyMcKBaby member
    edited August 2019
    @jandawg Same. I want to know but I also want it to be a surprise! We found out with both DS & DD, so I am looking forward to that “it’s a ...” moment. But knowing it’s in my online medical file, and I could know right now is driving me crazy!

The driving force for me is that my kids both want something different, so it’s easier to wait than have someone be disappointed for the next 4 months. :D 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @McKBaby that is a great driving force. We might just not pick a name until we know the gender - DH is awful at making decisions. That said, I just convinced him to buy a rug for the nursery so thank goodness for small miracles?
  • Options
    Sorry for posting then going MIA. I tried going off my morning sickness meds again and it didn't go over too well. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Dec 28/ 20w4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green!!

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 

Upcoming Appointments: AS today!! Baby measured a few days ahead which I'm thankful for

How are you feeling?: Still having MS so have to keep taking my meds, tired but trying to get a walk in everyday plus 300 squats (heard it is good for labor), heartburn, 

Rants/Raves: So happy that my AS is done and baby is measuring ahead a little. Wiggle worm would not let the tech get a good picture of it's face but she got all the important images so not another U/S until 36 weeks. 

Questions: anyone else going for a med free birth?? With DS I wanted to go med free but after almost 24 hours of contractions with 8 being active labor I gave in and got an epidural but I was unlucky because it made me feel worse so I want to try med free with this one. 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Quiet, patient, loyal, 
  • Options
    @Peachie89 sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Congrats on your AS! I just had mine today too - so cool and exciting to see. 

I'm hoping for a med free birth. I need to reread the Expecting Better chapter on labour and delivery though.
  • Options
    @jandawg I've been looking up natural birth on pinterest and reading those suggestions but I feel like I need to find a book book on it. I feel like last time I caved because I didn't know how to work through the pain 
  • Options
    @Peachie89 I just watched YouTuber Lily Pebbles' birth story and she talked about hypnobirthing which I didn't intially think was something I'd be into but the way she talked about it and decision making made me want to look into it. Expecting Better is great for understanding what the meds do and risks and benefits etc.
  • Options
    Gonna follow up tomorrow after my anatomy scan but today’s appt went well :) can’t wait to check in. With our small little group. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @Peachie89 I’ve had two med free births and will go med free again provided no medical reason not to. Which in my mind there aren’t too many reasons. I did hypnobabies home study the first time and loved it. I didn’t do anything to prep for the second one and I still think it went well but wish I had refreshed on the hypnobabies. I need to start ASAP with this one! But at least I know I can do it without. I do think it puts you in a better mind set though. I have 16-18 hour labors, so not super fast by any means but not as long as yours. Was yours induced? 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: I think 12/29 and my doctor disagrees. But I’m staying with this group and I’m sure it’s going to create some “issues” later but whatever.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink! So all three are pink. 

Baby is the size of a(n): I’m not sure without looking it up. 

Upcoming Appointments: glucose soon I think and appointment in two weeks.

How are you feeling?: pretty normal other than getting tired easily at work.

Rants/Raves: Yeah for not having to buy anything besides a crib because I already have everything I need for a girl! 

Questions: None

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Hardworking, likes to sleep, and laid back. 
  • Options
    @jstinkz is there a specific course you did/would recommend looking into? 
    @mecoats glad your appointment today went well! 
  • Options
    @jstinkz no mine was not induced. I was scheduled to be induced on Monday but went into labor Friday and had him Saturday. I joke with MH that DS changed his mind about being ready to come out is why it took so long. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/26 21w1d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 💙 

Baby is the size of a(n): endive. He was 15 Oz this morning. 

Upcoming Appointments: not until September 

How are you feeling?: great! Good news at the anatomy scan in that the heart looks great and everything is growing perfectly. 

Rants/Raves: my baby is stubborn. He wouldn’t cooperate until the end with pictures. 

Questions: 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Loyal, trustworthy, funny, and sarcastic. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19