Pregnant after IF

1st/2nd Tri check in week of 8/12

Happy Monday! I remembered! Yay :)

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment?

Calling!!

@PoeMasqueEDD 2/8

@emmasemm EDD 3/7

@k_mama91 EDD 12/5

@Tulips25 EDD 1/11

@cigaline EDD 2/10

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/10

@bluguitarhannah EDD 3/10

@caitiemae EDD 1/30

@akak23 EDD 3/27

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@wildrainbow EDD 4/?

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st/2nd Tri check in week of 8/12

• Yay @PoeMasque thank you! 

• How far along/EDD? 7w3d/3/27/20
    • How are you feeling this week? Better than last week thankfully! Not feeling normal, but much more functional - less nauseous all day.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? What do y’all think about massages in the first tri?
    • Any upcoming appointments? This Friday I have my second US.
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? Now this doesn’t seem like a big deal, but when i was a freshman in high school i was hanging out with a bunch of my friends, including guys, and I sneezed and farted at the same time. Everyone heard it and I wanted to die! LOL
    Have a great week everyone! ☺️
  • Thanks @poemasque

@akak23 personally I would avoid massages in the first tri. You should find any massage place will refuse a foot massage before you are in second tri - because of some of the pressure points on the feet. If in doubt for your specific case I would ask your doctor. They might agree to some kinds of massage being ok.

How far along/EDD? 10+3 7th MarchHow are you feeling this week? Tiredness ramp up again, dizziness kicked in over the weekend, nausea seemed better during the day but DH thinks it’s because I just sleep all day! He could be right ;-) Food cravings and aversions together leave me guessing from hour to hour what I can eat! Only thing which seems constant is berries and the almond cookies I keep making.Rants/Raves? Questions? Bit of a rant, My blood pressure is always high at the doctors and low at home. So now I have to measure morning and evening at home and take in all the readings each appointment and if I get a high one at home, have to repeat n half an hour and call if it doesn’t go down... I think this is really going to be a tricky one if they can’t get true measurements outside my home. Don’t want them missing if something is really wrong, but also don’t want them panicking over nothing. Second rant-ish is my weight is still slowly dropping. Now they’ve told me if it drops after 12 weeks then I have to see someone. Not sure who “someone” is, but hoping I turn the corner before the next appointment! I mean I’m still just in the overweight bracket, so it’s not like I’m dangerously underweight, but I know it’s possible to be overweight and still malnourished... Rave - adeno is still not growing faster than LO and not affecting the placenta so that’s really good. Second rave - DH is still devouring all the info in the books and loved quoting things back to the dr yesterday much to her amusement! Question - what cream or oil for trying to minimize stretch marks can you recommend? Both for stomach and breasts? Any upcoming appointments? Had our Harmony blood draw yesterday. We go back in 2 weeks for results as a DH is away second half of next week. We had an US before and oh wow how much LO has grown in just a week again! We saw both hands and both feet very clearly. It was holding its hands up by its face like it was about to start boxing and after 20 seconds or so of the US started dancing around again. It makes my heart feel like it’s going to burst when I see it. GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? When I was sixteen we did a Fiddler on the Roof at school. I played Chava one of Tevye’s daughters. There is a scene where he is introducing his family and how many daughters he has, says I have 5 daughters... but there were only 4 of them on stage! Because I was in the costume cupboard kissing one of the Russian soldiers! It was a bit too early in the story for that part  :D:D
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, @PoeMasque, for starting us this week! 

@akak23 - I was wondering the same thing about massages in the first trimester, so thanks for beating me to it! Glad to hear you’re feeling better this week. I know what you mean with still feeling icky, but at least being functional. Feeling like I can’t do simple things and can hardly stay awake is just a horrible feeling because it feels so foreign to me! Good luck at your US on Friday!! 

@emmasemm - ugh, sorry to hear the tiredness and dizziness have increased! I feel you with the food cravings/aversions. The only food that seems to always be okay with me are mini wheats cereal. Almond cookies sound good though too! Mmm! 

Sorry to hear about the fiasco process with your blood pressure!! Sounds like it can be quite time consuming which probably is the last thing you want to do when feeling crappy and tired. Do you have to do it your whole pregnancy or only until a certain point that your doctor agrees to? Also sorry to hear about your weight situation - man, you need to catch a break!! Glad to hear your last scan was positive and that you had such a great view of the baby! 

(Your Fiddler on the Roof story sounds like something out of a movie lol 😆)

• How far along/EDD? 9w6d 3/10
    • How are you feeling this week? I had a pretty brutal weekend and part of last week. Just non-stop nausea and finally had some episodes of throwing up. That first trimester fatigue I kept hearing about finally showed up with a vengeance as well. To top it all off, it seems like I’m going to be one of those unlucky women who sees an increase in migraines while pregnant. I’ve had four bad ones in less than two weeks which is unheard of for me. I’m really hoping they start leveling out along with my hormones once I’m out of the first trimester. I had last week off of work, so it actually worked out well that I could just be at home and do nothing. Starting to feel better this week; still nauseous, but like @akak23 said, functional. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Did anyone announce their pregnancy on social media? I was planning on posting a very brief announcement, but turning it into more of an “infertility announcement” to bring awareness to IF and the crazy journey it is. Just curious what others have done or are planning on doing. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Eagerly awaiting my Sept 5th first OB appointment. 
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? Man, which one do I choose! Lol. The first one that comes to mind was when I was in first grade and pooped my pants in the middle of class. I remember my teacher got me out of the classroom as quickly as possible so the other kids wouldn’t find out which I am still eternally grateful to her. Still didn’t erase the embarrassment I felt for just not making it to the washroom in time. 😬
    • How far along/EDD? 23w5d 12/5
    • How are you feeling this week? Good but my body is so sore. I’m having the worst lower back and hip pain. My feet are also struggling to hold my extra weight
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I’m just so over summer. I’m ready to wear jeans and have cooler weather.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Thurs for 24w check up
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? Oh man so many! Once in 8th grade I was passing notes with a friend and the teacher intercepted and read it aloud. I wanted to die. To this day if I see her out, she remembers me and brings it up.
     @sincethelastday My first grade bff popped her self in the library and the teacher called her out on it in front of our class. Everyone called her poopy pants until middle school.

@emmasemm Sorry about the BP hassle! I suppose it’s better safe than sorry, pre-e can take a turn for the worse really quickly so it’s good they’re being proactive. I use Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion for Stretch Marks and I’ve heard vitamin E oil is good too.

@akak23 I would also avoid massage. Most places will want a letter from your doctor for clearance anyway so I would start with them first. They say pedicures are fine in the first tri so they may give you the ok for certain types of massage.
  • thank you @PoeMasque for the post!

• How far along/EDD? 5w2d (EDD 4/13)
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty normal. Been taking naps in the evening but otherwise feel fine. In fact i dont have very many symptoms. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I'm worried about not feeling anything, and cant wait for my first ultrasound. I'm trying my best to eat healthy but have totally dropped the ball on any exercise. The most i do is walks. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? first ultrasound Aug 30 (7w6d) 
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? I have tons, but i remember being in a birthday party and trying to do a few stunts with the boys and ended up falling down and my dress flying up. Gave everyone a free showing that day.
  • @akak23 I would personally avoid massages unless they specifically cater to prenatal women and know what they are doing. Those early massages typically avoid the back and stomach and only focus on the legs, shoulders and head. 

@sincethelastday - that idea sounds very cool. I myself have thought of that several times. 

@emmasemm - there are several new creams targeted towards eliminating stretch marks these days. I've generally heard Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula is very commonly used. I have bookmarked Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks from the Spoiled mama made of organic cocoa butter, vit E plus 11 organic oils. It's a bit pricey at $38 and i think you would need at least 2 jars to get through pregnancy, but its all organic so should be good to rub over your skin without worrying about harsh chemicals.
    Another thing i've bookmarked is the 8 sheep organics magnesium lotion which is supposed to help you sleep and soothe sore muscles and leg cramps.
  • @sanpelligrino - I was pretty much at the same spot as you at 5 weeks with really not feeling any different and it was driving me nuts not having any symptoms! I felt a lot better once I had my 6 week US and everything was good, but once I started getting symptoms in the mid-6 week range, it made me feel even better. I remember thinking that I would start feeling pregnant as soon as I found out at 4 weeks, but I know now that it can take some time before symptoms kick in. Hope your US goes flawlessly and that it helps you feel a little more reassured! 
  • @sanpelligrino i didn’t have any symptoms other than being tired and sore boobs until 6 weeks too. It’s coming for you probably lol! 
  • As i read this, i feel a small wave of nausea, i have officially jinxed myself! LOL
  • **TW** I just got the call from my dr. I've had another loss. This makes number 6. Even tho we weren't trying and it was a complete surprise, this babe was wanted. I wish all y'all a H&H pregnancy. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group, albeit for a very short time. **END TW**
    • How far along/EDD? 18w3d (1/11)
    • How are you feeling this week? Fine for the most part, which I'm even afraid to think or say out loud not to jinx myself. Been having some mood swings and everything seems to annoy me. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Any time I have to get up less than 3 times a night to pee is a good enough reason to rave about. Also, on Sunday my son slept in until 8:30 am which never ever happens, so DH and I were pretty thrilled to get the extra sleep. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 8/19 for a regular OB checkup and 8/28 for my anatomy scan 
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? When I was like 9 or 10, I remember running around the neighborhood with my friends (boys included) and everyone jumped over a fence to continue running. Well, I got stuck on the fence in my skirt and it naturally went up to my armpits and my entire butt in my undies was on display for everyone. I had to wiggle myself out of my skirt, jump down in just my undies and get the skirt off which ended up having a giant hole on the back anyway. I ran home as quickly as possible. 
    @akak23 I was told to avoid massages in the 1st tri unless they are specifically prenatal. 

@emmasemm sorry about the BP issues. But how exciting to have done the harmony test! Will you want to know the gender when results come back? As for cream, I like this one https://www.amazon.com/Burts-Bees-Butter-Butter-Vitamin/dp/B00DM14TYC?th=1

@sincethelastday ugh, migraines are the worst, but especially when pregnant and unable to take much for them. I hope you get some relief from them and that nausea! We didn't do any social media announcements, but I really love when I see those who want to announce, include IF into it. I've always loved the sonogram pictures with all the needles from IF treatments surrounding them in a heart. I'd do that if we did announcements.  

@sanpelligrino I also had no symptoms at 5 weeks. Enjoy all those naps! 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• How far along/EDD? 15.5 weeks Jan 30
    • How are you feeling this week?  Pretty good!  Husband is out of town and my 3yo daughter refuses to go to bed without a fight so I'm a bit more tired than normal.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Anyone have good healthy, filling snack ideas?  I'm hungry all the time and keep craving junk food.  I gained 60 pounds (and still carrying 30 of it) my first pregnancy.  I'm hoping to keep my weight gain to a healthy level, but man, these cravings are killing me!
    • Any upcoming appointments?  One next Thursday.  My new clinic actually has you do an early glucose test at this appointment in addition to the 28 week one.  
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment.  Nothing too terrible, but I feel like I was just awkward no matter what.  I do remember having a fancy dress for my 7th grade dance that my mom got at a super awesome clearance price.  One of the straps popped first song that I danced to 😂.  Thankfully, one of the teachers had a safety pin and helped fixed my wardrobe malfunction.
    @wildrainbow I'm so sorry for your loss.  Whether it was a surprise pregnancy or not, it's always a terrible thing to go through.  *Hugs*

@sanpelligrino I've gotten lucky and apparently don't get morning sickness.  Just exhaustion.  Hopefully the little bit you felt was a one off thing and you can be "symptom free" haha.  It is unnerving being pregnant, but not really feeling it.  I'm just waiting to finally feel some big kicks so I know my little guy is doing well!  Also, do t knock yourself for not exercizing!  Walking counts!

@sincethelastday ugh, the migranes sound terrible!  Hopefully, they'll let up soon!  I love the infertility birth announcements.  I'm part of a FB group for my clinic and I practically tear up when people share their IF pregnancy announcements.  I still haven't announced. I'll probably just put a "big sister" shirt on my daughter and post a picture.

@emmasemm the blood pressure measurements do doing like a pain!  I wish doctors had patients measure their own more often just to have a true baseline and to know sooner when there is a problem.  I wouldn't worry about the weight loss too much since it's only the 1st tri if you're not underweight.  I thought it was pretty common with morning sickness and all.  As for stretch marks creams, unfortunately I don't think there's anything that truly prevents them.  That's already in your genetics.  But they might help soothe your skin, though.  I did both Palmer's cocoa and bio oil last pregnancy and ended up with a million stretch marks.  But I wasn't surprised, as I got ton on my breasts during puberty and always got them with the tiniest amount of weight gain and even from weight lifting.  

@akak23 I'd also be afraid of massages during my first tri.  Maybe find someone who specifically does prenatal massage and ask them?  I got one my 3rd tri my last pregnancy and it was amazing.  I'll have to treat myself to one again this pregnancy.

***pregnancy mentioned***

Me: 27/ DH: 29
    Dx:  obstructive azoospermia 
    IVF#1:  October 2015
    10/7/2015:  ER  11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI
    10/12/2015:  Transferred 5AA and 4AA blasts, froze one 4AA and 4BB
    Beta #1 9dp5dt:  122!!! BFP!
    Singleton, due June 2016

• @wildrainbow I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no words except that I hope you take care of yourself. Sending you lots of hugs. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @akak23 at my first OB appointment I asked for a PT referral, so from then on I got a massage from the PT once every other week. They had special foam blocks and stuff for me to lay on once I got bigger. Ask for someone who specializes in pelvic floor and pregnancy PT, they will see you post partum to tackle any scar tissue that might cause painful intercourse down the road. Every pregnant woman should see a PT!! 

@sincethelastday we have been very active on social media through our entire journey. It’s not always comfortable for my husband, but we both feel it’s important to put IF out there. It was pretty hard to announce the twin pregnancy and then the fetal demise a month later, but the comments we got from friends and even relative strangers, was totally worth it. Lots of people commented with loss stories and thanked us for shedding light on reproductive issues. I personally think it’s extremely harmful to women to pressure them into keeping pregnancy a secret during the early weeks when symptoms are often at their worst. That is when you need the social and work support the most!! Yet we expect women to “suffer in silence”? Anyway, that’s my view of it. 

• How far along/EDD? 14+3, 2/8
    • How are you feeling this week? Great! I know this is the “sweet spot”, I’m not whale-sized yet and the hormones have leveled out, trying to enjoy it while it lasts! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Anyone else feel like their partner just doesn’t step up? We moved about a month ago and my DH has done next to nothing to help me unpack. The one nursery idea I told him about he hated, yet he’s doing literally nothing to get ready for another kiddo. I do all the shopping, meal prep, buying of clothes for our son, packing away outgrown clothes, house tidying, and now all of the unpacking, buying, and washing of baby# 2 items. 90% of the time he is in the bathroom pooping for 30+ minutes while I get our son up and fed in the morning. I joke that he won’t know where to buy diapers or what size if I died tomorrow, but it’s actually not a joke. Maybe I should just start loafing/doing nothing and force him to step up? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not till 8/26
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? When I was 14 I volunteered to be an instructor for a summer program for kindergarteners. On a break another volunteer and I hopped a fence to check out a nearby playground. I didn’t realize that my shorts ripped on the fence until I went down a metal slide and it literally burned my butt. I had to finish the day with about 10 safety pins (very obviously) holding my shorts together. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you all so much for the feedback on first tri massages, I will ask my RE at my appointment on Friday and also ask about PT.

@PoeMasque omg you crack me up! Your hubby pooping for 30 minutes 😂😂 I can totally relate to you on the hubby thing. Maybe since I’m not showing yet he doesn’t believe it’s real, but I’ll be laying on the couch the color green from nausea and he’s like what’s for dinner? Ahhhh! 
  • caitiemaecaitiemae member
    edited August 2019
    @PoeMasque I totally get it with the husband annoyance.  My husband has cystic fibrosis and on top of occasionally working long hours, he also has to do 45 minutes of treatments an evening where he's strapped into a machine that shakes the mucus out of his lungs.  It really sucks for him and I'm totally sympathetic about it and I'd be a major b**ch not to be. What really irritates me, though, is when he goes to his office to do his treatments in front of the computer, then surfs the web for 30 minutes without starting treatments.  I want to strangle him every time! A)  it delays dinner b) he ends up missing out on like 1/4 of his time he can spend with our daughter. And there's no excuse since he can double task treatments and web browsing. And now there's a really cool cordless machine and nebulizer for treatments that has come out that I've been begging him to get so he can actually move around.  He's totally not into it cause he knows he won't have an excuse to just sit in front of the computer.  So irritating since all I want is to have him do is watch my daughter during treatments. He can just turn on tv and watch it with her and I'd be fine with that.  Just to have someone other than me generally keeping an eye on the tornado of destruction that is my daughter for 45 minutes would make my life so much easier.  And then he's tired on weekends (which long hours plus CF will do to you) and all he wants to do is nap on weekends.  Which is fine, but they're 3 hour naps each day, and then stays up until midnight or later watching movies instead.  I've been forcing him to at least carve out a little time on the weekend for us to hike or something cause I can't stand that our only time for family fun is spent napping!  Just go to bed at 10 and take a short nap instead! 

Singleton, due June 2016

• @wildrainbow So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you as you take the next steps in your journey. Be kind to yourself 💜
  • @wildrainbow - so, so sorry to hear of your loss! Will be thinking of you at this very difficult time. Hope you get smothered with support and love. 💛

@caitiemae - I also like your question about healthy snacks. I really go back and forth right now with what I want to eat with having nausea and all, but I tend to want to eat more unhealthy foods or just pick at stuff without really properly eating. Any suggestions from others would be appreciated as well! 

@PoeMasque - that’s pretty courageous of you to be so forthright on social media about yours and YH’s infertility journey. I haven’t had the guts to bring that all out in the open over these last years, but always knew I would have to say something if I ever got pregnant. I also totally agree with you on how women are kinda forced to not talk about their pregnancy until the second trimester. Without the support of my best friend and mom during this time (and DH and this board, of course) I would be a total nutcase. 
  • @wildrainbow so sorry to hear this 

@caitiemae so my DH doesn’t have CF but basically otherwise you could describe him. He loves napping for several hours a day on the weekend! He also goes up to do a job in his office and 3 hours later he’s still surfing or gaming instead... he is in for one hell of a shock with a baby!!! 

@akak23 ha the dinner thing! It took weeks of me explaining I wasn’t in shape to prepare big meals for myself and that eating at 7pm would match my peak nausea so we needed to eat earlier before he finally got it and shifted the times we eat on weekends. Seeing my weight drop and the doctor being a bit concerned seemed to change his interest in supporting evening meals though

@poemasque ditto on the long hours in the bathroom pooping!!! It drives me wild!!! I mean toilet seats are not that comfortable! Mine can buy things if he needs to (but only if life and death) but can he find where anything is in the house? Never! He calls me and asks me where everything is, even if it’s something of his that he had last! 

Ok this turned into a real husband bashing lol  ;)

Though I do have to say he is very interested in all the things going on with me and baby and absolutely will not let me do too much (he just doesn’t do it either  :D )

@sincethelastday I’m dreaming of making an announcement and making it an IF awareness post at the same time - but it will probably be with newborn pics as I’m too nervous before we get that LO home that something will go wrong. I also want to do a special event at work inviting all the people in the Women’s network to a talk about infertility, my journey, places you can get fertility assessments, basic overview of treatments etc. But not sure doing it either heavily pregnant or with a small baby is appropriate for the topic - and I won’t go super public until as late as possible at work. It’s tricky. I think it’s very personal, based on how open you and your DH are comfortable with being. 

And thanks everyone for the cream recommendations. My amazon prime account took a hit today!!!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @wildrainbow I’m so so so sorry. I can’t even begin to imagine the pain of repeated loss. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
    • How far along/EDD? 6w5d, 4/4/20
    • How are you feeling this week? Nausea has hit me full force. I haven't thrown up but I have frequent diarrhea. And I'm pretty much a couch potato. SO TIRED. I feel horrible for my 2 year old having to put up with me. I don't have the energy to do as much as I usually do with her. In more exciting news though, we had our first ultrasound on Tuesday and saw the little flickering heartbeat! That was such a relief.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I am over summer. The heat is making me feel so much worse.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next ultrasound with my RE is on Tuesday next week. I'll be 7+3. If all looks good then I'll be released to my OB.
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? As I was reading through everyone else's I was trying to think of mine. I definitely remember feeling embarrassed throughout my childhood but I think I must have blocked out the details because nothing is coming to mind!

@wildrainbow I'm so, so sorry for your loss. That really sucks. Hugs!

As for all the comments about massages, I'm actually pretty surprised that it isn't recommended. I had no idea. I definitely got a foot massage at the mall a couple times recently. Once the day of our transfer and another at about 5 weeks. I genuinely thought you only wanted to avoid foot massages later on in pregnancy because certain trigger points can trigger contractions. Didn't think that would be an issue this early. I'll definitely ask my OB before getting anymore.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 that's so exciting about seeing the heartbeat! Great news! 

Ladies - anyone else suffer from frequent headaches and how do you deal with them? Outside of pregnancy, Excedrin is the only thing that helps me but since I can only take Tylenol now, it doesn't always work as quickly. I've had a headache since yesterday morning and took Tylenol 4 times in 24 hours. On dose 5 already and it's still not going away. The only thing my doctor recommended was to eat magnesium-rich foods, which I'm trying, but this headache just won't go away. On top of that, I'm just having a rough week. My son has been sick with a fever that won't go down for 3 days now and doctors are saying it's just a virus. But he's so miserable and not himself. And I am stressing myself out because all I keep thinking about is that I was hoping to feel the baby kicks at this point and I'm not feeling anything I don't think. There were a few days where I convinced myself I felt something, but it was really faint so I may have ever imagined it. And then I keep reading that 2nd time around others feel is sooner and I'm still waiting. Makes me that much more nervous for my upcoming appointment next week. Anyway, sorry for all the rants, just feeling crummy and needed an outlet. :disappointed:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @tulips29 sorry you’re having such a rough week. Unfortunately no advice but sending your virtual hugs across the Atlantic  <3
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• @Tulips29 - ugh, so sorry to hear about the headache that won’t go away!! I suffer from frequent headaches and I have found it hard to only be sticking to Tylenol as it really doesn’t seem to do anything. I was in a similar boat a week ago where this headache just wouldn’t leave. I wish I had some advice to give, but all I have found to somewhat help is putting pressure on the spot where the headache is and to just try to close my eyes for a bit and pray it goes away. I also put a cold cloth on my head sometimes, but again, Im sure these aren’t new suggestions. Will be thinking of you and your son as well - hope he gets better real soon! When’s your appointment next week? Hope the time flies by fast before it arrives, but also hope you get some relief from the stresses of life right now! 
  • Lurker*** 
    @Tulips29 sorry aoout the headache and the sick kiddo. How are you doing with drinking fluids? sometimes if we don't really push the fluids it can contribute to headaches. If it doesn't go away you might message your doc. as for the movements, do you know if you have an anterior placenta? I did with my 2nd and 3rd term pregnancies.. with the second I barely felt any movement till the third tri and never completed a kick count, with this one I started feeling some occasional movements probably around 23-25 weeks, I feel more than I did last time but its still pretty occasional (like 1-2 briefly active periods a day).  I hope you all start feeling better soon
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @Tulips29 I don’t get too many headaches outside of pregnancy but the heat has definitely brought them on this summer. Other than Tylenol, cold rags, and water I don’t have any advice. You’re not alone though!

@wifeinraleigh28 I heard that about foot rubs too, apparently a pressure point in the ankle can prompt contractions? If I’m told I have to quit getting pedicures soon I will come unglued. My poor feet kill me these days! 
  • @Tulips29 with both pregnancies I have had about a 4 week span with horrible headaches (I never get headaches outside of pregnancy). I tried all the things, but nothing helped. My OB told me to drink some coffee and that was literally the only thing that took the edge off. Well that and time. You could also try some Benadryl, we give that to patients with migraines in the ER and it’s safe in pregnancy. Hopefully these go away as your hormones level out, but definitely seek medical care if you have any visual changes, balance issues, or dizziness with the headaches. 

I’m sorry that you aren’t feeling movement yet. I know how stressful it is to not have symptoms or feelings that you expect to have. Even though I felt movement super early with both pregnancies, I often go days without feeling anything, and even when I do feel something, it’s fleeting. Do you have a Doppler at home? I use mine all the time just to keep the anxiety at bay (plus it’s a way to feel a little more connected in these earlier days). 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque - never heard that about Benadryl. Totally stealing that idea! Thanks! 
  • Thank you ladies! I appreciate all the advice and good thoughts. I took a few more doses of Tylenol yesterday and the headache subsided by this morning. It was a rough one. 
    @sincethelastday I have an OB checkup on Monday. My doc doesn't do scans at the office, but they use a doppler, so at least that always reassures me. 
    @wabash15 I think I'm drinking enough, but sometimes I get really busy and I know I should be drinking more. Chugging away a glass of water now with this reminder. I have no idea about my placenta, but I will ask at the next scan. The tech I go to doesn't share a lot of information and last time I asked her if she could see if I have placenta previa again and she said she couldn't tell yet. Which is odd because last time they saw it pretty early on. 
    @PoeMasque I have never heard that about Benadryl, but I will definitely give it a try next time I have a bad headache! I drink a cup of tea a day, but it doesn't seem to help me get relief. Maybe I will try coffee and see if it works. And I wish I had a doppler, but my husband is really against it. My old school doc once made a comment how it's unnecessary ultrasound waves for the baby so DH was really adamant on not getting one. He also worries that if we don't find the heartbeat or hear the right thing or know what we're listening for, it will add to my anxiety.

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @wildrainbow Sorry for your loss. :( I hope the best for you

@sincethelastday I think we are going to wait until week 13 or 14 to announce. All our friends don't live here so this is the best way to share the news. But I have no clue how yet.
    • How far along/EDD? 10w4d
    • How are you feeling this week? Nausea is still there a little but nothing I can't handle. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Had my last RE appointment yesterday, and my OB on the 27th.
    • GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing childhood moment? Lol, off the top of my head, probably my terrible makeup choices I made before I knew what I was doing. I hope to never see any photos of that era ever again. 
  • @tulips29 glad the headache has eased a bit today
    For water consumption, I bought a 1 liter decanter and fill that up to use to fill up my glass each time. Then I know how much water I drink per day based on how many times I refill the decanter. 
    And I have another 1l chilies water bottle for when I go out - always using 1l makes tracking easy.
    I also know before lunch I need to have emptied one, one by early evening and another before bed. So it’s an easy check on your progress through the day
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• Intro: Hey, I’m finally joining this group. We did FET early July, which is our second transfer. First FET was at New Years and ended with MMC at w10 (baby stopped at about w8). I had issues with retained material which required a second surgery after D&C. I’m super nervous about this one but FX this one sticks.

EDD 3/25

This week I’m super nauseous, which is hard since I’m not “out” at work yet. But - at least it makes me feel like I’m still pregnant.

Question - how is the switch to an OBGYN after seeing RE?

I have U/S & B/W at OBGYN on Monday.

GTKY: When I was maybe 7, I was at the grocery store with my mom. I picked out a cereal I wanted and held it out to my mom - except it wasn’t her, it was a random woman. Most embarrassing part was both her and my mom laughed hysterically while I hid behind the shopping cart.
  • @LauraJon2015 welcome! I'm sorry about your first loss and FX for a healthy pregnancy this time around! For me, the switch from RE to OB was pretty seamless. I like that my OB didn't treat me any differently because of IVF but also understood our history and what we went through. He sent me for all the regular pregnancy tests like anyone else, even though I'd say that we had something similar done already as part of the IVF process. The biggest adjustment was not getting ultrasounds as often. Hope your appointment today goes well! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @emmasemm hahaha our poor husbands.  Yours will do great.  Just tell him what I tell mine- you can only nap when the baby naps haha.  I think mine just doesn't realize how much I value his time in the evening.  Only a few minutes in the evening for him seems like ages for me since he's gone all day.  

@Tulips29 so sorry you had a rough week.  Hopefully, your little one is feeling better now.  Sick kiddos are the saddest!  Hopefully you can find some relief from the headaches

@LauraJon2015 welcome and congrats!  First OB appointment will probably a lot of scheduling and testing info.  As for the actual appointment, it might just be a typical gyno appointment with a possible ultrasound.  

Singleton, due June 2016

• @Tulips29
    @LauraJon2015

I think the RE --> OB transition is such a big one for us mentally and emotionally since we go to being "just another pregnant lady" at the OB's office. My OB was great about not actually treating me differently than any other patient while always keeping in his mind that I -WAS- different. The only time IVF came up for my OB was at the very beginning (I was asking the medical student who was rotating with my OB's office about whether or not the research said sushi was safe to eat -- they were like, 'technically, it's FINE as long as it's from a reputable source but you've been through alot to get here, I just wouldn't risk it') and then again at the end (when I developed pre-E around 35 weeks and the MFM doctor and my OB said they were being more aggressive than they might otherwise be because they knew what it had taken for me to get to this point.) That's ideal, IMO. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."