Weekly Group 4 Check-in (3/25 - 3/31) w/o 8/12

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved?

Re: Weekly Group 4 Check-in (3/25 - 3/31) w/o 8/12

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 28 / 7w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: still haven’t decided!

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appts: ultrasound August 26

How are you feeling?: pretty normal, except I just can’t sleep!

Rant/rave: My 2.5 year old has a really bad cold and ear infection. I can tell I’m fighting it...I’ve had a tickle in the back of my throat the past couple days and some congestion. I’ve been fighting it with lots of water and vitamin c from oranges. I love citrus when pregnant anyway 😋🍊

Questions: is anyone else lactose intolerant during pregnancy? I’m fine with small amounts of dairy, like butter on toast or a bit of yogurt. But a glass of milk, ice cream, or pizza make me extremely (embarrassingly) gassy! I vaguely remember this from my first pregnancy but not so much my second one.

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? I read all of the Harry Potter books this year for the first time. They were amazing! Faves were Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows.
    Baby #1 - 5.29.13
    Baby #2 - due 12.17.16
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 7w/3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): Altoid

Upcoming appts: Intake apt is tomorrow. Im guessing just lots of questions and blood work. I am not expecting an ultrasound until 20 weeks or so. 

How are you feeling?: Great. My skin is breaking out a bit, but other than that, I feel good. 

Rants/Raves: My best friend is amazing. She came by my house last night with her daughter (10) who is cleaning out her room because she wants to have a "big girl" room... get a more "adult" bedspread and take all the kid books/toys out. So anyway, they brought over a TON of books and a stuffed animal for Z (my son, whos 4.5) and he was just in complete AWE. He just loves K (her daughter) and brought the snuggly to school today to show his friends. 

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? Firefly Lane, Kristin Hannah
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
     EDD/W+D: 8wk

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): Denise's pygmy seahorse 

Upcoming appts: dating scan on friday

How are you feeling?:  mostly ok, quite a bit more nauseous than I was with my 1st. and I'm getting a lot of muscle cramping

Rants/Raves: starting to get very touched out by my toddler who is still breastfed 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 27/ 7w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): Brookesia micra chameleon 

Upcoming appts: not until 8/21 :(

How are you feeling?:  still not feeling much nausea, but have waves of feeling like I could vom, but don’t.  Boobs are still sore, but wearing a sports bra to bed (wearing a bra 24/7) helps.  My pants are getting tight, which is disappointing and frankly uncomfortable.  I’m also having a terrible time with acne - I can feel a new zit forming every day 😔 

Rants/Raves: a tree fell on our house the day I found out I was pregnant and we STILL don’t have an insurance quote 😡. At this rate, it will be a race for getting the roof completed before the baby comes!!
  • Options
    @doe2531 Harry Potter is the BEST! Never gets old, I grew up reading them and read them every couple of years. Thanks for the reminder, I need to read them again! I’ll certainly be reading them to our little bean one day every night at bedtime. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 25, 2020

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Wild 🍓 

Upcoming appts: midwife appointment on September 3, which happens to be our second wedding anniversary 😊

How are you feeling?:  exactly like @julia_xo ! I have literally the same symptoms plus by IBS has flared up and all I want to do is eat. I used to eat so healthy and love salads and now every time I have a salad I feel like I’m going to puke (but I never do). I’ve never had so many fast food burgers but they are starting to make me feel sick too. 

Rants/Raves: just insatiable hunger is driving me crazy. But I know it will pass and it’s just our little buddy growing and making me hungry all the damn time 

Questions: nothing yet! The NIPT thread has been very helpful for recent questions I have had. 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? “The Inconvenient Indian: A Curious Account of Native People in North America” by Thomas King (one of Canada’s most celebrated Indigenous Authors) is amazing, I highly recommend it. It’s not fiction but his method of story telling is very unique and it is great for learning about current and historical issues that have plagued Indigenous communities through colonization. 
  • Options
    @dunder_mifflin @doe2531 FFFC, but I hate the Harry Potter books. I also tried to read them for the first time as an adult, and I just couldn't do it. I think it would have been much better if I had been a child, and then I could have reread them as an adult with the nostalgia of it. I do love the movies, I think it's a very interesting story! But I hate JKR writing style.

EDD/W+D: 3/27, 8w

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: should know the sex sometime next week!

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry!

Upcoming appts: I had an appt with my midwife last Friday, and have our ultrasound in about an hour! I've been pretty nervous, and can't shake the anxiety that the u/s won't go well.

How are you feeling?: Diclegis has saved my life these past few weeks. I'm still a lil nauseated, but it's not the overwhelming, 24/7 stomach-flipping feeling it was before. However, I think I can't keep lying to myself that my allergies are just bad this week, and own up to the fact that I probably have a cold. So that's a bummer.

Rants/Raves: I stg, every single time I get hungry, I feel like I'm ravenous, and then the second I'm two or three bites in to a meal, I'm DONE. Completely full. It's incredibly annoying, but I don't think it's bothering DH much because it's an excuse for him to finish my food.

Questions: None

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? JUST finished Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins yesterday and it was incredible. It was published in 2012 so not like it's new or anything, but a friend recommended it to me. If you like thrillers/mystery stories, definitely worth sitting down with. It's only about 300 pages and I read it in a day and a half.