Trouble TTC
Options

IS THIS A JOKE?? 6 DPO HELP!!!

(PICTURE IS OF OVULATION TEST 8/10/2019 and today is 8/16/2019)
I am on Metformin for my PCOS which I was  diagnosed with when I was 16 years old. I got off my birth control about a year-and-a-half ago and got on to metformin and prenatal vitamins to get my body ready for pregnancy. I honestly began to think that having a baby wasn't possible for me and I wasn't thinking anything about it anymore. I was over it. I was still taking my pills tho out of habit. I had been on keto for about 3 weeks and lost 17 lb! And no it wasn't horrible for me. It was healthy Keto. Extremely low bad/processed carbs with a lot of good carbs like few whole grains and many vegetables and fruits such as kale, avocados, spinach, berries.... Plus fish and chickens and turkey burger.. Alot. randomly after wiping one day I saw egg whites (tmi sorry). I took an ovulation test and it was positive! That was the first time I have ever ovulated. Then my husband and I did the baby dance every other day.. even before I found out I was ovulating. A couple of days before I took the test my nipples were very sore and at 5 DPO there were still very sore. At 3 DPO they got very swollen! I remember waking up in the morning and out of no where thinking holy hell, I'm pregnant.. I'm not nauseous, or cramping or spotting. But the symptoms I do have are are not normal for me. My nipples never hurt but I do start cramping right before my period and my boobs feel heavier. This time they have felt fuller since ovulation and sore! I'm also breaking out and more exhausted then usual. Then randomly at 6 DPO (which is TODAY 08/16/19 for me) it just almost completely went away! Is this a joke?? I hate this 2WW. It's like I was perfectly fine feeling infertile because I became used to it then all of this crap made me feel hopeful again. Was it for nothing? Help.. 

Re: IS THIS A JOKE?? 6 DPO HELP!!!

• Options
    Here's the picture 
  • Options
    Hello, 

First off, ovulation tests do not confirm you ovulated. They tell you your LH is surging. Your LH can surge without ovulation occurring.

The symptoms you are having are normal for many people after ovulation as sore and swollen breasts are related to progesterone which will spike after ovulation.

Sore and swollen breasts post ovulation are not a sign of pregnancy. I well know because it's a frequent side effect for me in the TWW, and exacerbated by fertility drugs.

6DPO is far too early for any signs of pregnancy to be evident.

So in the end, take the symptoms as a sign that you probably did ovulate and hang in there until 14DPO until you try testing.
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Symptoms can come and go and every cycle can be different.

I had a cycle once where my boobs were very sore, more than they ever had been for any other cycle we had been trying. But nope, AF showed later. Just because you haven't had a symptom before  doesn't mean you're pregnant.

Are you using OPKs regularly to track ovulation?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    (PICTURE IS OF OVULATION TEST 8/10/2019 and today is 8/16/2019)
    I am on Metformin for my PCOS which I was  diagnosed with when I was 16 years old. I got off my birth control about a year-and-a-half ago and got on to metformin and prenatal vitamins to get my body ready for pregnancy. I honestly began to think that having a baby wasn't possible for me and I wasn't thinking anything about it anymore. I was over it. I was still taking my pills tho out of habit. I had been on keto for about 3 weeks and lost 17 lb! And no it wasn't horrible for me. It was healthy Keto. Extremely low bad/processed carbs with a lot of good carbs like few whole grains and many vegetables and fruits such as kale, avocados, spinach, berries.... Plus fish and chickens and turkey burger.. Alot. randomly after wiping one day I saw egg whites (tmi sorry). I took an ovulation test and it was positive! That was the first time I have ever ovulated. Then my husband and I did the baby dance every other day.. even before I found out I was ovulating. A couple of days before I took the test my nipples were very sore and at 5 DPO there were still very sore. At 3 DPO they got very swollen! I remember waking up in the morning and out of no where thinking holy hell, I'm pregnant.. I'm not nauseous, or cramping or spotting. But the symptoms I do have are are not normal for me. My nipples never hurt but I do start cramping right before my period and my boobs feel heavier. This time they have felt fuller since ovulation and sore! I'm also breaking out and more exhausted then usual. Then randomly at 6 DPO (which is TODAY 08/16/19 for me) it just almost completely went away! Is this a joke?? I hate this 2WW. It's like I was perfectly fine feeling infertile because I became used to it then all of this crap made me feel hopeful again. Was it for nothing? Help.. 

**lurking**

2 bolded points - 1. First time you've ovulated and 2. Symptoms are not normal.

If this is the first time you've ovulated, then this would also be the first time you feel symptoms of ovulation (really, symptoms of progesterone increasing). You can't expect to feel your "normal" because ovulating isn't your normal.

Also, you should be temping. You don't know if you have in fact ovulated based off a positive OPK. Especially if you have PCOS. I have no experience but from what I leaned in my time TTGP is that women with PCOS have false LH surges frequently. The only way to know for sure you ovulated is a sustained increase in BBT.

• Options
    lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited September 2019
    I'm definitely no expert but 6 DPO is way too early to test (except maybe a blood test).  I learned from this board (mostly lurking) and through other readings that symptom spotting is not recommended. PMS and those super early days of pregnancy share a lot of symptoms.  My first month of TTC I had many symptoms associated with pregnancy.  It turns out I didn't conceive that month.