April 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread

I have seen these on other BMBs and thought we might also have one to help support anyone who is spotting/bleeding. 

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support--the most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers: we can offer support.

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread

• Ugh... I finally had sex drive last night, but was terrified that I would start spotting. I just woke up and guess what? Spotting. Now I can’t fall back asleep! 😩 I know it’s normal, but my AL brain is freaking out. Calling the doctor as soon as they open. Ya’ll, I’m scared! 
  • @ejoseph16 I did the same yesterday, and it just spotted a tiny bit afterwards (like a few drops of fresh blood on tp), no spotting today. I also freaked out a bit, but I am sure it is normal from everything I read,  still a good idea to call the dr if you can do that, hope we all get through this trimester ok, it is so stressful.

• Loading the player...
  • @anxious35 yep, mine was fresh blood and stopped quickly, so I’m not freaking out. It just sucks! Lol it was scary at 3 am. Now I’m good. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @ejoseph16 @anxious35 Unfortunately, it is so common after sex. Freaked me out a few times with my first. I’m glad it’s stopped now for both of you, but it is so scary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 @anxious35 yep. I texted my sister and she had that with sex and vaginal ultrasounds. I just called my doctor and the nurse said it’s totally normal, I just irritated my cervix. So whew! I think MH is more concerned than I am. Lol
  • kerriann0o114kerriann0o114 member
    edited August 2019
    2 days ago I had a small amount of tan spotting along with some cramping that totally freaked me out. It lasted about half a day, then stopped. Still having some cramps off and on though  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kerriann0o114 I’m so sorry about the scare. Glad it stopped and hope it’s not anything to worry about. When do you see the OB? I’d be sure to ask about it. I’ve had some cramps off and on too. I think it’s normal and no concern unless there are other symptoms. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I don't see the OB until 9/6. I didn't call because it was such a small amount, and it stopped. I will definitely call if it happens again though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kerriann0o114 I'm sure it's going to be fine, probably some old blood dislodged due to baby implanting deeper. 
  • @kerriann0o114 As long as it stopped quick and it doesn’t come back, you shouldn’t worry about it. I don’t think it’s worth a call. I would just put it on my list to ask at the appointment so your OB can tell you when it’s worth the call in the future. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I’ve had a little tan and pink spotting this week. I’m away on vacation, so haven’t called my OB yet. It was super light, didn’t last long, and no real cramps, plus I had the same thing around 5-6 weeks last pregnancy, so I’m thinking it’s pretty normal. Will definitely call if it comes back, though.
  • Hi! I'm 5w 1d and have had some spotting the last day and a half. Only when I use the bathroom and has varied from pink to red to brown.
    Saw the doctor yesterday and she is testing my hcg levels over the course of a few days.
    Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm a FTM so I'm freaking out
  • @kerriann0o114 my first pregnancy I had tan spotting pretty much throughout my entire pregnancy. Early on my OB checked it and said it’s normal, and not to worry. He said the time to worry is when you’re soaking a pad with red blood.  There is so much extra blood flow down there right now, along with sensitivity.  
  • @knottiefcdef125b321ce8c hey there! I had spotting last pregnancy that got progressively worse, and TW: it ended in MC end TW. However, they kept telling me it was nothing to worry about and didn’t test me at all. Finally, they did an US at 9 weeks and I was measuring 6 weeks. I wish I would have worried less, because it made that pregnancy miserable. The best thing you can do for you and baby is relax. Lots of people experience spotting throughout their pregnancy. The doctor monitoring your levels is great! That will tell you where you stand. FX for you and baby! 
    Also, if you could change your username (check the knottie username thread), it would help us a lot with responding to you! Thanks! 
  • Thanks for the replies! I have an us scheduled for the 26th so hopefully I will have some more definite answers then
  • @katiemcoulter5271 I’ve known a few ladies who experienced quite a bit of spotting during their pregnancies, especially after sex or a transvaginal ultrasound. Many of them ended up with a healthy baby. I know it’s hard, but try not to worry unless the bleeding gets worse. Hope you get great news at your ultrasound. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thank you! I also had a yeast infection so I'm hoping my cervix was irritated as well.
    So many symptoms and I've only known I'm pregnant for a week and a half!
  • I have woken up the past two mornings to some spotting on my panty liner. The first morning it was a pinkish spotting, this morning just a small speck of reddish blood. It hasn't continued when I wipe though throughout the day so hoping it's not anything to worry about. My ultrasound is on Tuesday so just trying to make it until then.
  • @littleredm Thinking of you. I hope it’s not anything to worry about and you get great news on Tuesday. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @littleredm hope you have no reason to worry, and have a great ultrasound on Tuesday. 
  • So last night I started bleeding bright red blood. It was light and I called the emergency nurse line at my RE. She told me that it can happen with the vaginal suppositories but it’s really too early to know. She told me bed rest, hydration, and to call the doctor first thing Monday morning. It did stop for the most part and it’s just more so spotting brown blood now. I’m praying that the suppositories just irritated my cervix and caused it to bleed. So stressed out. 
  • Praying for you, littleredm. I know it's hard to wait and see what's going on and it's all very worrisome. I hope that everything will turn out fine.  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @littleredm Hoping so hard that it’s just the suppositories. I hope that maybe they can get you in early and you can get the ultrasound tomorrow instead of Tuesday. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @littleredm I’m praying so hard for you! Positive baby thoughts! 
  • @littleredm I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I'm thinking of you and hope it turns out to just be the suppositories. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had some brown tinted CM yesterday and woke up at 3am this morning to dark red blood. It wasn’t a lot and has since stopped. I called my doctor and they can get me in later today. With my loss history, I’m not overly hopeful that this isn’t the start of a MC. I’ll update when I know more.
  • @littleredm praying for you! I hope everything is as normal as it can be, and you get to see proof of it tomorrow at your ultrasound.

@doraleigh35 thinking of you, fingers crossed its nothing. please update us when you're back from your ultrasound. 
  • Thinking of you all and hoping for good updates today. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thank you guys. I'm anxiously awaiting my ultrasound tomorrow morning.

@katiemcoulter5271 praying that it was the monistat causing the spotting!
    @doraleigh45 I'm hoping that you get good news and reassurance today at your ultrasound. Keeping you in my thoughts!
  • @littleredm Congrats! that's great to hear and surely a relief! 
  • @littleredm that is wonderful!! 
  • @littleredm so glad it looks good!

@doraleigh35 sending you good luck with your tests, it is a good sign it stopped :)

A few days ago I started having pinkish cm (first a tiny spot on tp, then increasing amounts each day) and today an hour before my dr appointment (just to get a requisition for blood work and an ultrasound, my first obgyn appointment is next week), I went to the bathroom and I had brown  cm and it is coming out enough I had to put on a panty liner. I am so scared it is progressing into a mc because it feels like my period sometimes starts like this (the brown cm)... but when I mentioned it to the dr. she said I shouldn't worry, to just wait for the ultrasound. I really wish I could stop worrying haha

I am almost 8 weeks, could this be from the placenta attaching? I didn't have implantation bleeding so maybe it is old blood coming out? 
  • @anxious35 I'm keeping you in my thoughts and I pray that it isn't headed towards a mc. I hope time moves quickly for you and that you get great news at your ultrasound next week. Please keep us updated. <3
  • I'm so happy to hear your ultrasound went well, littleredm!

Doraleigh35 and anxious35, I'm keeping you both in my thoughts. I hope everything will turn out fine.  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Woke up in the middle of the night spotting pretty heavy. As of this morning it slowed down but still blood on TP when wiping. Ultrasound is today and I am just praying it was my cervix being irritated from the progesterone. 

@doraleigh35 and @anxious35 I’m thinking of you both and hoping that the spotting goes always and your next appointments and tests go well.