March 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in w/o 8/12

1. Weeks/EDD

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What was your first car?

Re: PGAL check-in w/o 8/12

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD 9 weeks + 3 days/March 12

2. Previous loss(es)? One loss this past May, D&C was on May 8th

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Well, here is PGAL crazy for you. Had the US and first appointment Friday. I should be SO happy! They said baby measured PERFECTLY (dumb me forgot to ask for CRL) and had a perfect heart rate (150 BPM). I was feeling so great and then, dumb dumb dumb, did some google research. If baby was 10 weeks, 150 would be great, but at 9 weeks, it should be peaking, and should be higher... dumb, right? But now I'm concerned because a lower than average HR was a sign prior to my loss. But it's so ridiculous! The last one was never even close to 150! 150 should be so reassuring, but here I am, freaking out and terrified of a LATER loss now. Physically, I'm about the same. Some nausea, usually about 1 throwing up episode a day, exhausted haha. Obviously.

4. Any appointment updates? Getting bloodwork done for Informaseq on Friday afternoon. If it weren't for (dumb) work, I could go Thursday AM. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? See the emotional comment above. I'm VERY thankful I have my at home doppler for peace of mind.

6. Any milestones coming up? If I can find the HB this Thursday, I'll have passed the DPO we confirmed the last one had no HB... BUT that baby always measured behind and was never as big/as high of a heart rate as this one has based on last Friday's visit... so...

7. GTKY: What was your first car? It was a Saturn ION, which they don't even make anymore!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD 7w5d, March 25

2. Previous loss(es)? Missed mc at 3 months in Feb.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I've been reassured by the pretty constant nausea and fatigue. Today my nausea lessened pretty significantly. I know this is very normal... it's just exactly what happened right before I lost my first. It's hard to disassociate. 

4. Any appointment updates? I'm counting down to my intake apt Aug 29th. I had an apt at 6w after some spotting and they said everything looks good. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just starting to get excited. It's scary to feel excited. 

6. Any milestones coming up? 8 weeks on Wednesday! I read that the chance of mc drops a lot by 8 weeks. Almost there!

7. GTKY: What was your first car? Umm Pontiac grand prix 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 oooh I’m sorry! Google is rarely my friend, but I can’t stop myself from wanting the information! Also—my first car was ALSO a Saturn 🙈

@-susan- saying it’s scary to feel excited pretty much sums it all up! 

1. Weeks/EDD 7w6d (by my count...will find out for sure on Thursday) 

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC in March 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? It’s finally the week of my appointment so I feel like I’m counting down the minutes until Thursday afternoon! Still battling the on/off nausea and of course I’m exhausted. Late last week I started to feel light crampiness on and off too. Everything I read say it can be normal and I have no spotting or bleeding...but jeez I freak out every time. It’s getting old. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? HOO boy so. Today was my first day back at work for some all-day school planning meetings. Our admin provided a bagel breakfast for everyone and I was SO EXCITED to eat a bagel/cream cheese. No idea why. But the thought of that bagel was all-consuming. Flash forward to this morning, and I don’t know if the cream cheese had soured, or if maybe my taste buds have changed, but I took 2 bites of that bagel and was keeping back the gags. Had to throw it out. And then of course I was starving (and probably cranky...sorry teammates...). Absolutely devastating. 😂 

6. Any milestones coming up? Getting through the first u/s is my big milestone right now. Very nervous to go back to that office. Big fingers crossed for a different outcome. 

7. GTKY: What was your first car? My first car was a Saturn L300 which everyone in my family aptly called the white whale! That thing was a beast to drive. 

• Options
    hmjensenhmjensen member
    edited August 2019
    Ooh...and I see now that the username change I did over a month ago actually took? I guess no more @hmjensen 😬🙄🙄

....edited because it changed back so this now makes no sense. Sorry y’all. 
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD? 8w5d 

2. Previous loss(es)? Blighted ovum, mmc from triploidy and chemical pregnancy

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? A little worried. I had an ultrasound at some free clinic so they could let their techs practice and I keep worrying that the 30 min ultrasound that early harmed something. I know it's dumb but I can't help but worry. 

4. Any appointment updates? Next Thursday I see my ob and get an ultrasound there.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My job is getting SO hard for me to do lately. I don't know how I'll make it to the 2nd trimester. I'm also mad because I want to work on my crafts but I just cannot. :(

6. Any milestones coming up? I found no heartbeat at 12 weeks, so if I can make it another month I will have passed all my milestones.

7. GTKY: What was your first car? Yet another Saturn!! Mine was the L200
  • Options
    @projectalice, I too worry about ultrasound for some reason.. this pregnancy I'm getting 2 early ultrasounds, my pregnancy w/ DS I didn't have any.  So I worry about it a little.  

@-susan- , I definitely agree.  I'm scared to be excited as well!

1. Weeks/EDD: New EDD, March 10th

2. Previous loss(es)? CP, MMC at 8 weeks, loss at 13.5 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? emotionally I'm in a better place.. I'm starting to feel more hopeful.  physically, the nausea is still a bummer.  I can't wait for it to go away!

4. Any appointment updates? had my first midwife check in yesterday, got my due date readjusted, got the harmony test sent off, and got another ultrasound scheduled.  I'm reassured that everything is looking ok at the moment, heartbeat is 170.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I know it seems weird to 'rave' about this, but summer is finally coming to a close.  :) It'll be nice to send DS off to preschool in the afternoons, and I'm pretty much just over the heat since it seems to make my nausea worse.  Then again, by the time it cools off, I'll be heading into 2nd tri so nausea should be going away anyway.  

6. Any milestones coming up? Passed my CP and MMC, still haven't reached the 13.5 week loss yet. I think once I get my Harmony screening results back, if they are good, I will finally feel more at ease.

7. GTKY: What was your first car? An '86 Celebrity.. lol.  It was originally maroon in color, however, after being in the sun for years it had faded to pink.  I liked my pink car.  
  • Options

@hmjensen Oh no to the bagel. That’s been my weird go to for about a week now. I am excited for you to get through the US. Going back in that room was—and for now on always will be—very triggering for me.

@projectalice I get the worry but NO way did that harm the baby! Lots of women are required to have MANY early US and their babies are just fine.

@treetop19 It’ll be nice to get those results back!

*TW*

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD March 13, 9w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? 2

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Anxious. So anxious. Physically, I just feel gross and tired. I've got gas and heartburn now and its just making everything worse. 

4. Any appointment updates? Tomorrow is my first ultrasound, so I finally get to see what's going on. Really hoping for good news. 

6. Any milestones coming up? none

7. GTKY: What was your first car? ford contour
  • Options
    @aerie_star Good luck tomorrow! I know how REAL the anxiousness is. It's seriously no joke!
    *TW*

• Options
    @Malidocious Good luck tomorrow. I'm excited for you! 
    *TW*

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 Thank you so much!  I'll definitely report back!  Hopefully with an US picture to share in the thread! :) 
  • Options
    @Malidocious happy thoughts for your appointment tomorrow! Idk about you but I can’t believe it’s FINALLY almost here. I found out so early that I feel like I’ve been pregnant for forever already but with no peeks at the lil babe. 

Also, @EmilyLove25 and @projectalice I don’t think I have ever spoken to that many other Saturn owners in my life 😂
  • Options
    @hmjensen Thank you!  I feel the same way!  I found out I was pregnant the 1st of July so I feel like time has been dragging while I wait for this first appointment.  I want to see the little baby! 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 Thank you 😊 Waiting is the worst! 

@Malidocious Thanks and I hope your appointment goes well too! ❤️ I’m so tired of feeling like this. I think I’m gonna ask my OB what heartburn med she prefers tomorrow cause tums already isn’t cutting it. 
  • Options
    Hi friends! Just popping in quickly while on vacation! Please consider love-tits my replies right now because I have limited time.  <3

1. Weeks/EDD 10w 3/11

2. Previous loss(es)? Two

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I’m starting to get nervous for the NIPT testing next week. Just another thing to have anxiety about. Physically still not great, and I’m getting a UTI. We are on a remote island with no clinic or pharmacy so I grabbed a huge bottle of pure unsweetened cranberry juice and I’m currently chugging it and praying it does the trick. It has worked in the past so FX. 

4. Any appointment updates? Nope. Next week! 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Has anyone done major travel while in the 3rd tri? SIL lives in Colombia, South America and wants us all to go down there for Christmas and stay in a resort. I love the idea but not sure what it would be like. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope. 

7. GTKY: What was your first car? A silver Honda Civic. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally First, I hope you are having fun. Second, we are twins again. All my anxiety is directed at NIPT results now as well, and I think I'm getting a UTI too which I've NEVER had... wtf? I REALLY hope the cranberry juice does the trick! Also I am traveling for Xmas, but in the states (flying to Denver from Ohio)... gosh, I'm not sure what I would do if I were you. Ask the doctor? Because it sure does sound FUN! 
    *TW*

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD 6w6d based on LMP, a little later by O date

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC at 8w5d

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  Anxious since still waiting To have first ultrasound, still POAS every few days to calm down but trying to think positive. DH and I had a night out with another couple who are close friends of ours and decided to tell them the news which makes it seem more real (the wife and I were actually pregnant at the same time when I had DD and delivered 5 days apart). It makes it seem more real. We also told my mom when we saw her last weekend but are waiting for after our first ultrasound or maybe NIPT testing to tell his parents/our siblings. Physically - off and on nausea, super tired, bloated. 

4. Any appointment updates? First appt is 8/23

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We move this Saturday! Excited but also stressful 

Question: What works for you ladies for nausea? I feel like eating helps and drinking ginger ale. Tried those preggo pop drops but didn’t seem to do much!

6. Any milestones coming up? Not for a few weeks 

7. GTKY: What was your first car? Pontiac Bonneville (named Delilah)! My grandparents gave me their old car when I graduated college (and bought themselves a BMW convertible instead!) Loved that car though! Drove it until it literally wouldn’t start for me like 50% of the time 😂

Good luck to everyone with upcoming ultrasounds/appointments this week! 
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • Options
    @miss.sally @EmilyLove25 ughhhh I’m so sorry! I’m prone to UTIs myself and they are horrible. I’ve been really anxious that I’ll get one while pregnant....the pure cranberry juice flush-it-out method has been successful for me in the past, so 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 for you @miss.sally!
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 are you having other symptoms? I started having horrible cramps and now blood when I pee. Not sure where it’s coming from. I went earlier to urgent care and they gave me an antibiotic but of course these symptoms started later in the day. And it’s two hours to go back there. So I’ll probably just call the OB tomorrow and hope they can get me in for a quick scan the day I’m home. Which is still 5 days away. 😩
  • Options
    Let me start off by saying, I'm sorry for being pretty MIA. I usually bump on my phone but the app honestly kinda blows and never wants to let me reply, and this is the first chance I've gotten to get on my computer. Also, I'm rushed for time right now so I'll come back to reply to you all after my u/s. I hope everybody with appts this week had a good experience. Can't wait to hear about them!

1. Weeks/EDD: 8w / 3-27

2. Previous loss(es)? 4

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Kinda bleh on both fronts. That unisom/b6 combo is no joke though, I feel like a halfway normal person right now. Still pretty tired all the time, but not as bad as a few weeks ago, even though I wasn't taking the unisom back then (wack, right?) And for seemingly no reason - considering the unisom - I have been having a terrible time sleeping this week. Just can't fall/stay asleep at night. I can nap midday like a pro though. Emotionally, I was riding pretty high until yesterday. Just yesterday morning I got this pit in my stomach and I felt like something was wrong. I can't shake the anxiety, and DH told me I'm just getting myself worked up but I can't help it. How can I not?

4. Any appointment updates? U/S in half an hour!! Hopefully I'll have good news to report back. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I've passed my CP and 6 week loss, and if today's u/s goes well, I'll have passed my 8 week loss as well! All that's left is my 10 week milestone.

7. GTKY: What was your first car? Grey Volkswagen Jetta
  • Options
    @hellobabys FX on your US (that has already happened as I am writing this). I hope to hear good news. I get that pit in my stomach too, randomly and unexpectedly, and I hate it. I really think that will keep happening until we can all feel LO move... but the fact that you aren't sleeping at night AND it was the day before your US makes total sense. I hope you get some peace today.
    *TW*

• Options
    @hellobabys I hope your ultrasound went amazingly today! :)
  • Options
    @miss.sally I hope you’ve been able to get some relief/answers regarding your UTI....being sick is bad enough without being away from your usual practitioners/comforts of home. 

@hellobabys hope everything went great!

Over here, feeling super relieved after our appointment yesterday. Couldn’t believe we actually saw baby MOVE ITS ARMS...my world stopped (in the best way) and I literally have been replaying it in my head ever since. I really love our OB. She walked in and basically was like, let’s talk about how you’re feeling and other care tips AFTER the u/s, because I know that HB is the only thing you can think of right now! I appreciated she knew where we were coming from. Now in-laws are due to arrive any minute and I’ve been a cleaning madwoman all day. Hoping their visit keeps some of the new fears that I know will come at bay for just a few days! 
  • Options
    thescarletmomthescarletmom member
    edited August 2019
    @hmjensen @Malidocious @EmilyLove25 Thank you!! I'm back to report on the ultrasound! Normally in my midwife's practice, the anatomy scan is the only u/s she does unless someone is unsure of when they conceived. I'm really glad I asked her for a dating u/s though, because it gave me a lot of peace of mind AND they found an SCH that would have given me a straight up heart attack if I hadn't been prepared for it. Baby was measuring 7w5d at 8w (she won't change my due date) and had a HR of 163! We could even see baby's little spine forming!

@EmilyLove25 how did your appt Fri go? Were you able to find the HB with your doppler?

@hmjensen edited because I saw your update, yay for seeing baby wiggling in there!

@projectalice How was your appt Thurs? Agree with others, early u/s definitely didn't hurt baby! I understand the anxiety your brain can make out of literally any situation though.

@treetop19 I hate the summertime... and it's definitely making my nausea worse. Bring on fall weather!

@aerie_star How was your u/s? 

@Malidocious how was your appt? did you get your due date?

@oliveoil-2 Yay for sharing the news! It always feels good to be able to talk about the baby with people you trust, and like a definitive and not feel so much like you're waiting for the other shoe to drop. As for MS, unisom/b6 is my recommendation! It's DIY Diclegis lol and it's been a lifesaver for me.

@kagesstarshroom How has this week been for you mama? I didn't see you check-in!

• Options
    @hellobabys I am not seeing tags all the time for some reason, which is making me mad! But I actually felt alright enough to post something today, sooo happened to open this thread. Looking forward to hearing back how your u/s went!! (Unless you included that above? I think you did! I am confused.)

@hmjensen YAY for arm movements!

@oliveoil-2 Okay, my nausea plan firstly is to eat as often as possible. As soon as I start feeling nauseated, I try to eat something. Popsicles REALLY help me when I am not hungry hungry but feeling nauseated. If I have to leave the house and I don't feel great, I leave the house with a popsicle. Staying away from strong smells! Which means--having things on hand that are easy to eat because cooking so often = strong smells. Finally, I turned the "animations" off of my phone so it's less movement when I open a thing, and when I am feeling nauseated, I try not to stay off my phone and off my laptop. If I am on either, I try to get what I need to get done as quickly as possible and try to look away when I have to scroll or type--which sounds kind of nuts, but has been helpful.

1. Weeks/EDD: 9w0d today, FTM, 3/21

2. Previous loss(es)? cp in Oct. 2018; mmc w/ d&c Jan/Feb. 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  Today is my best day physically in like at least a week and a half. I just posted in the symptoms thread about how I ate a bowl of cheerios in the middle of the night, and how that might have helped this otherwise no good very bad nausea. I am trying not to be overconfident that this endless terrible really very awful nausea means that the PG is progressing well, but at the same time, I am being optimistic because---if I am going to feel this absolutely terrible/garbage 24/7 for the most part, it better be because we get our rainbow at the end!

4. Any appointment updates? I had a great appointment this past Wed. Everything is on track and looking good. Next appoint is 9/11 & I get my blood drawn for a bunch of stuff, including genetic screening/sex.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Just glad to be able to function nearly like a full human today. It's amazing. I run a small lit journal and got  lot done. I am going to have to eat again soon if I am going to keep this Good Feeling up, but I think I can manage that.

6. Any milestones coming up? Mid-Sept. is my prev. EDD from my loss earlier this year, so there's that in the future. I am past all of my "this is where things went wrong" milestones.

7. GTKY: What was your first car? a 1989 Hyundai Excel, red. It didn't have power steering.