November 2019 Moms
Options

Twat Waffle Wednesday

Oops. Missed twat waffle Tuesday..

Re: Twat Waffle Wednesday

• Options
    Me, for forgetting the stuff I need to finish this project at home today, and also for letting this project overtake SO MANY DAYS and not just banging it out.

• Options
    You got this @creamcheeseplease! Don't be too hard on yourself
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    Mine is my company and kinda me too. Somehow I got it in my head that after 5 years here, I got an extra week of vacation (3 instead of 2). At our company town hall on Monday, it was brought up that you don't get the 3 weeks until 7 years!  :| I find that ridiculous. So my company for being so stingy with benefits and me for letting my imagination go wild and thinking I get the extra week already ha.

@creamcheeseplease I second the don't be too hard on yourself. Also, it's super impressive that you are able to do a side hustle!
  • Options
    @BNBT that’s insanity!! Sounds like my company and I hate it! Why are companies so stingy with vacation?? And then I have friends who are like ugh I only have 5 weeks left this year...😒 

@creamcheeseplease you got it! And then you’ll be done and it’ll be in the past!
  • Options
    My DH.  We've had a sick household, and I thought he would step up more to fill in the gaps by making dinner, getting kids ready for bed, etc.  NOPE!  Ugh.
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    @perfectoops ugh, don't they understand that sometimes they can do extra things??? This is a constant annoyance of mine lol
  • Options
    @perfectoops @BNBT they can do extra things & that it’s not considered doing you a favor!
    so annoying. As soon as mine does anything remotely out of his routine he acts exasperated and under appreciated. 
  • Options
    @BNBT @perfectoops @cl4157 - So amused since my husband is right there too.  I asked him the other day what happened to putting his dishes in the dishwasher.  I became a SAHM once I had my first so we had to go through a lot of expectation...training when I first started staying home.  8-4 is me doing childcare and when he complained about the lack of cleaning & cooking i explained that a daycare doesn't clean my house.  If I get anything done while he works that is extra. 

My twat waffle is my darling second born since she decided to essentially jump sit on my stomach this morning. Ow.
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease I’m just super impressed you have a side hustle on top of your other job! You’ll get through it!

@BNBT Oh no! That’s super frustrating. 

@mc0303 if anyone ever complains to me about only having 5 weeks of vacation (not even 5 weeks left) I will not contain my rage on them hahaha

@perfectoops ugh yes my husband does nothing unless I ask him to it’s so annoying 

My twat waffle this week is also myself. I was signing the consent form for the tdap vaccine at my OB appointment yesterday and noticed it said you can’t get it if you’ve had Guillain-Barre Syndrome and I was like omg I had that in high school when I got mono. The doctor was confused why it wasn’t in my history and i was like idk I guess cause it was so long ago and it never came up. She seemed confused so I said I’d call my pediatrician to get confirmation. I didn’t even need to do that- a quick google search revealed that no I did not have that very rare and serious syndrome, I had Epstein–Barr the one that’s causes mono... 🤦🏼‍♀️ The other twat waffle in this is Sprint for my sucky service so I couldn’t google while still in the office and avoided this.
  • Options
    bmmimsbmmims member
    edited August 2019
    I found out this past week that the company I work for will be sold. I know tons of people have dealt with this type of transition but I have been quite comfortable being in a small business for 6 years (less than 5 employees). Thankfully it wont happen for about 2-3 years and I know I am fortunate to have this much notice but the end of an era causes a little bit of grief. 
  • Options
    @bmmims that's stressful. I've had two small businesses I work for change hands rather suddenly, and it sucks. The first one (restaurant) called everyone in on Christmas eve to inform us that "we're closing until new years and then you can try to get rehired with the new owners, Merry  Christmas". 

My twat waffle today is my dog. She came in from running around feeding horses with me and decided that the BEST thing to do would be try to jump into her water dish, and splash it everywhere. So now my kitchen floor is wet. 
  • Options
    Hahahaha @angieeeeee would much rather have the water dish than horse poop/mud combo in a fit of post chore zoomies into the house 😂😂😂
  • Options
    @cl4157 true, but right now shes afraid of the horses so she wont even go in their pasture. Just stands about 10 feet from the fence and stares at me while I'm in there 😂
  • Options
    @bmmims sorry for the stress around the business being sold! Its good theres a lot of notice for the transition.

@angieeeeeee that is so awful about the restaurant! I worked for a company about 10 years ago and it was pretty small (less than 40 employees) and they purchased a much larger company and the deal was done around Christmastime. They did layoffs the week between Christmas and New Years. There was one woman who worked in my department who was getting laid off and she had a really horrible and sudden death in her family so she wasn't in the office around that time and they legit MADE HER COME TO WORK after the new year and then told her she was let go. It was horrible and extremely uncaring.

@kopp5988 that's too funny about the mixup about the Barr diseases! I have AT&T and also have trouble googling at important moments like that. Stupid cell service/ no wifi places!

Re husbands, I'm with you all. MH wants a medal when he runs the dishwasher or something. And he has had the nerve to say to me on many occasions that I "never clean" and that he "does everything" around the house. He has a huge blind spot when it comes to himself.

Thanks for all the cheers yesterday guys! I got it done and now just gotta run out and mail it. On to the next projects!!