Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 8/14

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 8/14

• Good morning! Hope it’s ok that I posted the dailies...I’ve never done that before.

Month/Cycle: 15/11/1 AL#2

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Nothing, waiting for RE appt. tomorrow.

R/R: It’s Hump Day!! My boss (we are a department of only 2 - me & him) wants to start having weekly meetings to “check in”. First one is this morning...I think they’ll be good, but I’m also dreading it for some reason. 

CS/Q: None.

• @bluetickgal - Don't worry, you're good. :) If you hadn't done it, I might have.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT charting, CM & CP tracking, OPKs, Pre-Seed, Mucinex (CD10 to 1DPO), and baby aspirin.

R/R: If we don't get KU this cycle, then I'm considering benching us in September & October. With our WDW trip scheduled for April 2020 and then I walk in my graduation ceremony for my master's program in June, plus the possibility of transferring units next summer, I don't wanna be hugely pregnant or with a newborn during all of that. Then again, given our ages and everything, I am hesitant to put this off any longer. 

CS/Q: No temp spike yet, so I'm still here. CP is still SHOW, and CM is watery and haven't gotten EWCM yet, but that could be due to the Mucinex. I got a high reading on CBAD OPK on Sunday, Monday, and yesterday, so I dunno what's going on. We'll see what today holds for us. It's still early yet.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Good Morning! Sorry I had to post and ghost yesterday with my travels!

@bluetickgal I can understand your hesitation- I would be a little nervous too. Hope it goes well!

@ttcbabyodo That's a tough decision, hope you and YH can come up with a decision you are both happy with. Hopefully it won't come to that and you will get KU this cycle! I bet O is today!

Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, ovusense, OPK's, CM, CP

R/R: So I got an almost positive OPK this morning and I'm so confused  :p. I have never ever ever ovulated this early (for instance since I started tracking I have O'd on day 56, 54, 41, 38, and 24. I don't have my typical leading up to O symptoms so I guess we will just see what happens, I'm thinking it's just a fluke. On the plus side, my DH came to town for dinner last night since I haven't seen him in a couple weeks so we did get some timing in. :)  Other than that, it was so nice to sleep in my own bed last night! 

CS/Q: 

• @bluetickgal This is such a transient group of people coming and going that we don't really do thread posting assignments like some BMBs do.  You're good.  :)

@ttcbabyodo Only you know what works best for you.  I benched myself for Feb & March because MH is a courier and works basically 6 days a week from Thanksgiving through New Year's.  Although I do sometimes look back and wonder if I wasted that time.  Just know that no matter what you decide, things will work out okay in the long run.

@rachelg777 I get random high surges of LH leading up to O sometimes, too.  But then it's 100% unequivocal when I get my peak reading, so I generally ignore anything other than blazing positives where the test line is much darker/thicker than the control line.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @bluetickgal I work in a very small group too and we have weekly meetings every Monday morning. They are actually very helpful! You'd be surprised how much you both miss of what the other person is doing even though you are just a department of 2.  I think you'll find it helpful!

@ttcbabyodo what if you just took September and October "off" but not benched.  As in, not go crazy with timing HIO but just enjoying each other for the next two months and letting whatever happens happen?

@whitealbum29 so glad the soup turned out great! Enjoy your barre class tonight :)
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @shamrocandroll you are a freaking rock star!!!  Also, I really hope you're not catching that stomach bug!!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 Ugh, I'm sorry.  That's really hard.  MH responded really well to me giving him huge amounts of praise this month.  He used to say we shouldn't try to schedule it so much, but after all we've been through int he last year, it's finally clicking with him that maybe this isn't so easy.  So I just kept praising him an excessive amount and told him he was a rock star and I appreciated him powering through this cycle like he did.  I know we shouldn't need to shower them with excessive praise when this is the only part they're really responsible for, but FWIW, it did seem to help for me, anyway.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @kpearse99 - Yes, that's what I meant, lol. Not super trying, but also not trying to avoid either. We were using the withdrawal method for the years leading up to TTGP, and I don't wanna go back to doing that (or any other type of BC) for such a small break anyway.

• @bluetickgal totally ok for you to start a daily! I've done it before and no one said anything. Just you and your boss having a "check in" sounds kind of funny when its just the two of you. 

@ttcbabyodo sure hope things work out for you this cycle and in the coming months. FX that this is your month!

@rachelg777 nice you got to have dinner with your DH and sleep in your own bed! Hopefully O showed up as well.

@whitealbum29 Yum soup! Been meaning to make some myself, even though the weather has been pretty nice, soup is so comforting to have.

Month/Cycle: 12/13/1 AL #2

CD:6

WAYDTGKU:perscription prenatals, tracking fertile days, CM, OPKs and am thinking of temping.

R/R: I am not sure if I should be waiting on the RE appointment for this cycle or not. Or if I should be taking a break after my recent loss. My age is making me want to just keep trying no matter what happens. I feel good, and theres currently nothing or no one telling me to do or change anything.

CS/Q: Nothing yet.

• @ottergirl81 Can you call your OB and ask what they recommend after loss?  Most OBs generally advise taking a cycle to reset.  Especially since your AL cycle is usually very long and you won't know when you O'd without tracking.  If you do decide to try this cycle, I would 100% temp because it will be the only sure way to track your O. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll thank you for the advice! This cycle may be a rest cycle and was told to do that last time. My body does need to rest. I'm just so excited to start trying again! Will not be preventing thats for sure. 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, maca, prenatals 

R/R: nothing really. I’m just ready for the week to calm down. I feel like I’ve been running around like a crazy person. 

CS/Q: nothing to see, I didn’t start vaginally this morning and the temp was already higher than last cycles coverline? 

• @photographerwife I mean, I get that we are a little crazy about this whole process (at least I am!) but it's not easy for us to just go with the flow... someone has to take control of the TTC situation, right?! And because they just don't usually get it, or it takes them a while to fully understand how it all works, I guess it's going to be us to be the ones to take control.  I asked him flat out last night if he understood that I only have a few days every month for there to even be a chance at us getting pregnant... and then I asked him how we aren't supposed to schedule sexy time when there are only a few days worth of chances.  He didn't really have an answer, just again begged me to not let me him think we are on a schedule...even if I am putting us on one.  Sigh.

@gingermama29 enjoy your day!!! I hope you get to squeeze a nap in, that's what I would do at least!

@shamrocandroll I over think EVERYTHING... so of course now I am over thinking that "does he think that I only want to have sex with him to make a baby"? LOL... I'm BS crazy right now over all of this!  I did reiterate to him last night that I don't enjoy timing sex either but that I do really enjoy HIO with him every single time. I hope that boosted his confidence a bit.
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 We have absolutely struggled with this too - MH has felt immense pressure and stress about it. In the last cycle or two though, he's rallied and has realized that this whole process is just not as easy for us as it is for other people, and we both need to be active participants. I agree with @shamrocandroll that even though it's kind of overkill, I praise him profusely for his participation and that seems to have helped. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @ttcbabyodo hopefully this is your cycle and you don’t even have to think about benching yourselves! 

@rachelg777 glad you got to see YH last night and you got to sleep in your own bed! 

@whitealbum29 haha, it was a bit of a rush...but I was nervous someone else would post them at the same time! Glad your soup turned out well! Have fun at barre...I used to do it and kind of miss it! 

@kpearse99 sorry for the tough discussion last night! That’s nice he apologized, but that’s still frustrating! Hopefully you can initiate and make it not seem scheduled...but it does seem unfair to have to make it seem spontaneous on top of everything else you have to do! No insight on the IUI, but I would think anything extra would just be a bonus! The meeting with my boss was really good! He is super busy, so some weeks I barely get a chance to talk to him about anything I’m working on, so I think these structured weekly meetings will be a good thing! 

@shamrocandroll ok, great...I thought it seemed like different people posted them frequently, so figured it was ok. My goodness, what a temp spike!! Bravo for sticking to it even though O was so late!! I really hope you aren’t getting the stomach bug! 

@ottergirl81 I have benched us this cycle since my OB had us do that after the first loss. Unless the RE says something different tomorrow, we’ll sit this cycle out and hopefully get started with a new plan next cycle. I totally understand wanting to try again, but I’m also nervous to start trying again until we have some answers. 

@gingermama29 thanks, I think they will be very good! I hope you have a relaxing day, despite the laundry! 

@photographerwife thanks, it was good! I hope your week calms down some! 
  • @kpearse99 I totally agree! I wish I was one of those people to go with the flow. But I’m not. And I told him, I like good sex too, but I’m also not trying to track and act like a crazy ttc person forever. So I’d like have the best chances possible while we are trying. I suppose they can let out their frustrations too, but it’s like they aren’t even really thinking about the stress it puts on the woman to ttgp sometimes. 
  • @whitealbum29 I’m using wondfo and CBAD- but I just started the CBAD today so it was still an open circle. I usually get weeks of flashing smileys with that one. But my wondfo isn’t usually so dark and I am pretty neurotic about testing 2x daily. It definitely wasn’t a peak yet though. Glad your soup was good and enjoy barre!

@shamrocandroll me too but I wasn’t expecting it so soon, usually mine start getting darker (even though not positive) much later in my cycle! I’m hoping it means I O sooner but also not too soon lol. Yes definitely take a break, you deserve a medal lol. Hope you aren’t getting sick and good luck in the TWW!

@kpearse99 I’m sorry about the HIO woes with YH- we go through the same thing! It’s so hard sometimes.

@ottergirl81 I’m sorry, that sounds like a tough spot to be in. If no one said anything one way or the other I would do what you think is best for you.

@gingermama29 I’ve never been formally diagnosed but unofficially yes I do. My OPK’s usually behave for the most part though! Have a great day to yourself! 

• @misshelen86 - Let me know how it goes with your acupuncturist - My periods are only about 1.5 days, as well, so I'm thinking that might be something that will need to be addressed at some point.

• @misshelen86 is that what shorter periods tend to mean? A thin lining?? My periods are only 3 days but I only really bleed on day 2... day 1 and 3 are pretty light.  I've mentioned this to my RE but he didn't seem to think anything of it.
    Our TTC Journey

• @misshelen86 haha, it actually wasn’t bad! He is super laid back & easy to talk to, but I still may not want to have to meet with him EVERY week! Thank you! I did...it’s super sloppy so I need to re-write it  tonight in a better order with more room for me to write responses, but the hardest part is done. I showed it to DH as I was working on it and asked if he had any other questions, and he said nope looks good...then I came up with like 3 more after that! 😂 I didn’t have as many questions as I thought. Not knowing what the course of action will be at this point, it’s hard to know what to ask...I’m sure I’ll have a lot more at follow-ups though! Your evening sounds wonderful!! Glad you are enjoying your week off! Hope the herbs help!! 
  • @kpearse99 From what I’ve read, it could be a potential cause in some cases. Your RE should be able to tell how thick your uterine lining is when checking your follies though right? 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @misshelen86 I would think so!  :D He's done a few ultrasounds already during all of the testing and baseline appointments and has only said that I have a "beautiful uterus" hahaha (how awkward, right?!)
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 That’s not a compliment you hear every day  :D LOL
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @misshelen86 I know, right?! lol I laughed and I think I awkwardly said something weird like "I've never been told that before so... thank you for the compliment??!"  haha :D  I'm literally the most awkward person in the world though!
    Our TTC Journey

• @shamrocandroll hooray for a temp spike! So glad your HIO marathon is over!
  • bows22 said:
    @shamrocandroll hooray for a temp spike! So glad your HIO marathon is over!
    And that temp spike is pretty righteous, too! I'm jealous, lol.

• @shamrocandroll see you in the May BMB 😜

Back to lurking because I can't keep up here and I'm a 1 woman department yesterday, today, and tomorrow at work. No solid time for TB unless I'm home 😢
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ttcbabyodo I was kind of shocked it was so huge!  I wonder if temping vaginally made my pre-O temps consistent enough that the spike was so noticeable?

@inthewoods23 Oh man do I hope so!!!  <3

On that note... I know my OB will do my EDD based on my LMP, so my question is: Do I explain to her I O'd crazy crazy late and ask her to go by that instead, or do I lie about my LMP and put it so O is on CD14?  Putting the cart way before the horse here and this is early TWW optimism talking, but I just worry about being scheduled for a first u/s almost 2 weeks too early and having them see nothing.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Dodge the question of LMP with "I ovulated on 8/13". See if that works lol
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @shamrocandroll they did track my hcg and did a U/S and it's been confirmed that there was nothing left. What you're saying does make sense. Thank you very much.

@bluetickgal you make a valid point, and I will give my OB a call to see what would be safe. I am thinking benched this cycle would be best.

@gingermama29 no RE appointment yet, I will be calling them this week to see what's up. Been waiting on them, but am getting impatient.

• @ottergirl81 that’s just what works & makes the most sense for us. We have our RE appt. on CD11 (TW - it would have been CD15ish if I hadn’t had the loss - End TW), so this was probably going to be a benched cycle anyways since we missed the window for meds. Like @shamrocandroll said, I don’t think there is a hard & fast rule...you just have to go with what is best for you and/or what your OB suggests. Hope they can give you some clarity!