Pregnant after IF

3rd tri August check in

This is a monthly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!  (or are getting close to the third tri!)                                                                            

• How far along / EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling? 
  • Upcoming appointments? 
  • Questions?
  • GTKY: what is your favorite show to binge watch?

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list

@wabash15 Team green EDD 8/15

@leilee101 Team blue induction on 8/21

@dukie1001 Team ?  EDD 10/9?

*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 3rd tri August check in

• Just stopping by to check on you ladies!!! Good luck @wabash15!! FX for a swift labor and delivery 
  • Loading the player...
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited August 2019
    Hey @wabash15
    Way to go making it to 40 weeks! Hope you have good experience delivering your baby! 💕
    • How far along / EDD? 31+6/Oct9 but now may be induced earlier.
    • How is everyone feeling? I’m on diet control for my GD. I can control my day numbers, but my fasting numbers are always higher. It really sucks not being able to eat everything you want. My only cravings are fruit, I love fruit. But now I have to really limit myself.
      Other than that everything is how it supposed to go I guess 😊. Getting out of breath and feel like a whale in bed 😄. 
    • Upcoming appointments?   I have MFM appointment today and OB on Friday. I’m sure they’ll put me on insulin for fasting numbers 😔 that means induction at 38-39weeks. Oh well,  whatever it takes for safety of my baby boy. 
    • Questions?
    • GTKY: what is your favorite show to binge watch? last one I’ve watched was Magicians. Can’t wait till next season comes out. Was eager to watch new season of Orange is the new black...but stopped because they made it all political (putting ICE in it) I hate when they do it...mess up really good shows.

• @dukie001 sorry your still having trouble with your fasting numbers. On the upside its only for a few more weeks and then you can eat what ever you want. I liked OITNB for the first season or two but then it got to be too much....

AFM baby has up to one more week to bake, induction is officially set at 41 weeks.. though I feel like this kid will come before then. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 FX baby comes soon!! I'm glad kiddo is still head down!
  • @wildrainbow I am so sorry for your loss. I hope if you choose to try again that your next bean is super sticky. Hugs 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• wabash15 said:
    @wildrainbow I am so sorry for your loss. I hope if you choose to try again that your next bean is super sticky. Hugs 
    Thanks. I doubt we will try again, 2 miracles out of all the loss isn't bad.
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited August 2019
    @wabash15 41wks!!!wow you are my hero...I can’t even imagine. I’m already so tired and probably will be wining a lot toward the end about being uncomfortable 😄 Are you still working?

@wildrainbow I read your comment in other group. So sorry for your loss❤️ 

I had my MFM appointment today. The baby is measuring 4lbs 11oz and is head down. Got prescribed meds for fasting numbers, will see how it going to work. Next appointment with OB on Friday. I probably will get referral to nutritionist. 
  • @leilee101 I am so happy top hear that everything is going sup well and you got an extra week of bake time! Ds1 was born at 35 weeks and he did great! Keeping my FX that things continue to go smoothly!!
  • @dukie001 I hope the meds help with the fasting numbers and seeing an nutritionist couldn't hurt... sometimes its helpful to get alternative ideas of things to eat/try. Yes I am still working. I plan to work up till this baby shows up... i'm trying to save every last day of maternity leave that I can (stupid US and its lack of maternity/paternity leave) 
    @leilee101 you are such a rockstar!!!  33 weeks is amazing and the fact they are going to let you have even more time to bake is fantastic. I also bow down to surviving all the bed rest. Learning to crochet is great, learning to knit and do something with my hands was super helpful at one point in my life. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @leilee101 so nice to here from you! You are a trooper, hang on there 💕 It’s good that doctors allow you to carry your boy a little longer. How do you feel overall? I’m sure sick and tired of the hospital. 
    @wabash15 I hear you girl about the maternity leave...it (the law) sucks in US. I’m originally from Russia, still have 1 friend from there I talk to. So she had a son and was allowed to take 1,5 years maternity leave 100% paid plus another 1,5 with 30% pay. Now that is a sufficient time to bond and raise a baby.
    How long your work allows you to take? I consider myself lucky as military allows 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, plus I want to take 30 days of my regular leave. Hope my boss will allow me FX but it is a long shot. I just can’t imagine leaving the teeny tiny baby in somebody else’s hands 🥺. Plus after my return from maternity leave I have exactly 6 months and I would have to leave till Jan2021. Ahh.... DH would have to care for the baby on his own. 
  • @dukie001 my state has no mat leave laws so I get unpaid FMLA. I have 7 weeks of PTO squirreled away and so if I take the full 12 weeks I will have 5 weeks unpaid... oh and I have to take my PTO and FMLA concurrently (which I think is ridiculous, but that is the rule here).  Hugs for the impending deployment, they are tough especially with kids. (i'm a former military wife and my brother is army). 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 oh wow that’s tough. I wish there was a universal law for maternity leave. 

I have a question: how much fetal movement is too much? If there is such a thing of course. I thought there should be a period of activity and a period of rest. I feel like my baby was constantly on the move yesterday during the day. And this morning, starting around 0800 he began rearranging the furniture in there 😁
  • @dukie001 I dunno. When I was pg with Matthew he moved constantly. I had an anterior placenta and I could feel everything. He is still a mover, even in his sleep. 
  • @dukie001 I don't think there is a too much. Some kiddos are just way more active than others (and this usually translates into their activity levels post birth), that and your placenta placement  you may just be able to feel it more. Sometimes they settle down when  your active because the movement lulls them but not always. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• 😁 Then I better brace myself and prep for an active baby.
  • @dukie001
    When Anne was born, I actually noticed she was moving and sleeping in ways that I remembered from pregnancy (the little kicks to the side, preferences for certain positions, etc). It was pretty cool. And I second what the ladies said -- baby will develop their own patterns over time and it's only when they deviate from those that there is cause for concern. I feel like I've told my story a billion times, but I just felt like something was "off" and while she was meeting the kick counts, something didn't feel right to me. My doctor had me go to Labor and Delivery for a peace of mind scan (I had just had a biophysical profile done earrlier that week which she passed with flying colors so he wasn't really worried) -- while Anne was doing loop de loops in my tummy and happy as a clam, they found my BP was really elevated and she was eventually delivered early a few days after that as the MFM felt I was developing severe pre-eclampsia. So always always trust your gut. You'll know. Your mommy sense is already turned on!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @dukie001 no such thing as too much.. I asked my doctors this same question. It is best to report any drastic change in movement to your doctor but wouldn’t worry too much about it. Prepare yourself for an active little Bebe!!
  • I had my OB appointment yesterday. Asked the question about too much movement and he said basically what you guys said 😊. But looks like my baby went back to his moving routine, I guess it was just that one day when he was hyperactive. 
    I also got my TDAP vaccine and signed up for breastfeeding class for 21AUG. Need to pick up the list of breast pumps covered by insurance and see what I can order. 
  • @leilee101 He's beautiful!! I can't believe how crazy your delivery was, but I'm glad things turned out well. Hopefully, Shane gets to come off the vent soon. My guy (now 10mo) did really well on surfactant. Fx for an easy recovery and a short NICU stay. 
  • mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited August 2019
    @leilee101
    You certainly have had a wild ride with this little one! He's perfect! Hopefully he'll continue to respond well to surfactant and be off the vent soon -- you're a champ for being able to keep him baking for so long! I hope you will have a quick recovery and the two of you will be home soon and enjoying all of the excitement of newborn life :smile:

Welcome to your new chapter, mommy!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @leilee101 Oohhh😊 he is such a precious beautiful baby boy. I wish both of you speedy recovery. 🥰
  • @leilee101 Congratulations my friend!!! He’s absolutely perfect!!! LOVE HIS NAME!!  Well that’s one helluva birth story! Wishing you both a fast recovery and sending you two (and DH) all my love! Looks like you’ll be getting some use out of the preemie clothes after all ;)!
  • @leilee101 congrats! He is beautiful! You’ve been through so much. I hope you can recover quickly and cuddle with your son soon!
  • @leilee101 Congratulations! Shane is just perfect. I am so glad he is recovering well. What a crazy story about the placenta, thank goodness they were able to get it out and save your ute!.  How are you guys doing now?  Is shane still no the vent? You are an amazing trooper.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• *lurking

@leilee101 Congrats mama! What a handsome boy! You are a rockstar and I wish you both a speedy recovery and lots of baby snuggles after this crazy journey. Baby Shane is a miracle and you have an incredible birth story to tell him one day 💙
  • Hi guys! How everyone is doing @leilee101 @wabash15
    I attended breastfeeding class yesterday, learned a lot, was very beneficial. Also got a script for a breast pump. Which one are you using? Any recommendations? 
  • Thanks ladies! This week has been a total time warp but I’ve recovered nicely and sweet baby Shane is doing so well. He’s still on the oscillator vent but we are hoping he will be off by the weekend. We haven’t been able to hold him yet since he’s still intubated but so soon, I can’t wait to get him in my arms. 

@dukie001 I have the spectra and I love it. My milk came in quickly and I’m already getting over 20 oz a day at only 5 days in. I’m pumping exclusively since baby is in the Nicu and going back and forth in between the hospital Madela and my spectra, both are great. 
  • @dukie001 thanks for checking in.  I had the spectra last time and loved it. its worth every penny to pay for the battery pack. the first time around I had the medulla symphony which is there hospital grade pump and it was also good, but more expensive.

@leilee101 have you gotten to hold Shane yet? I'm glad he is such a fighter.

AFM; our sweet boy arrived last week at 40+6. labor was fast and went very smoothly. so far this has been my easiest recovery. trying to soak in every moment as this is our last.  
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 Congrats on your sweet boy! I hope recovery continues to go smoothly
  • @leilee101 Hopefully you’ll get to hold your son very soon and go home together and have lots of wonderful moments together 💙

@wabash15 Yey! Congratulations!!! That’s wonderful that you had easy labor and recovery. 

AFM: I’ll most likely 99% will get Spectra, since it’s a closed system and there is less chances of bacterial contamination of the tubes. 
    I have my MFM appointment today for BPP and next week for growth scan. I’ll be 34 weeks in couple of days. It’s getting super uncomfortable to sleep, even propped with pillows I wake up with sore back. But this is not too bad, and my baby can cook in the belly as much as he needs💙 
    Rant: so my husband started on the nursery back in May and it’s still not done. It is super irritating because if he put 3 -4 full days of work it will be complete. His excuse for me not pressuring him is that he hasn’t failed yet, so I shouldn’t say anything. Jeez.....The worst thing is that before he started I just wanted to put fresh coat of paint and that’s it, more over I already painted the ceiling, closet doors and edged the walls. All he had to do is to paint the walls and trim....but I come home one day, and he pulled the carpet, the Sheetrock on the walls and even peeled the paint on the ceiling 😵 He knee I’ll be in shock, so he wrote on the ceiling with s sharpie “Vicky I love you”. Like that was supposed to help. God give me patience. 
  • @dukie001 I'd be ready to kill YH too! When does he think he needs to have it done by? Can you set a due date for completion? Do you think he's procrastinating because he thinks it delays the baby coming?
  • @persnickity I tried to put pressure but it didn’t give any results, we just argued. And I don’t want to stress right now 🤷🏻‍♀️ He knows that it’s no longer 5 months but 6 weeks before baby comes. All supplies were bought, the flooring the paint.., he just needs to get of his butt. Agh....And I knew it was going to happen. He hates renovations, and I warned him not to start this project. At this point I can probably turn our guest room in nursery.
  • @dukie001 if you started to just make the guest room into the nursery on your own, would that motivate him? Either way, that's what I'd start doing now. It sounds like you want a space done, and done soon, so that you can feel settled.
  • There's also a part of me that would just start working on the reno myself...😉
  • @dukie001 wow, that would stress me out. I hope he can get it done and your sweet baby bakes for a while longer yet!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @dukie001
    I went through the same thing with my husband -- we had to do a two part renovation to turn our former den into a nursery. The first part was easy enough because he just had to hire someone to convert the open wall space into a regular wall with a door. The rest of the work - moving out the furniture, building the nursery furniture, etc, he kept saying he would do. Eventually baby arrived early and he did eventually set up everything over his two month leave.It will work out :-)  Baby doesn't need too much at the beginning, just a spot to sleep (in your room likely) and a space to stow changing supplies. We used a towel and the pack n'play for alot at the beginning. Anne also refused to sleep in her bassinet so we set up the crib pretty quickly! She hates sleeping in small spaces still....loves to roll about and take up as much space as possible. I'm so hesitant to put her toddler rail on her crib for that reason -- she's such a roller! 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2