March 2020 Moms

Pregnancy Announcements

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• @merle89 Those are so cute! With my first we were at a big family birthday dinner for my grandma and we gave her a mug that said “Only the best grandmas get promoted to Great Grandma” and she was just like oh that’s nice you think I’m a great grandma. It was funny to see how long it took someone at the table to figure it out.
  • Hi ladies, I have a question. My partner and I want to announce my pregnancy to his parents but his brother and girlfriend's baby just arrived 10 days ago.  We have told my family but are waiting to tell his family just yet because we don't want to take the spot light from his brother and their new arrival.  What amount of time, if any at all, is appropriate to wait to share our news with his side of the family in this situation?  We want to share our news so badly but we also want to be sensitive to his brother and girlfriend.
  • Loading the player...
  • RanFan28RanFan28 member
    edited July 2019
    @lulu780 I don’t know what your family dynamic is like, but in our families it would be totally fine to share. Maybe tell it by including the baby, like “We’re so excited to announce that Baby ABC is getting a Cousin March 2020!” or wear a shirt that says Cousin #X” on your belly. 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• @lulu780 I think you’re probably good to announce. It would be one thing if you did it like on the day of their baby’s birth, but two weeks later I don’t think you’ll be seen as taking attention away. I bet everyone will be thrilled for another baby!
  • The only people that know right now are my husband and my best friend. Im 5.5 weeks. My parents come to visit (from out of state) in a few weeks, I will tell them at that time. Ill be 10 weeks. I will more than likely tell my coach in a few weeks... just so he is aware. But, no one else will know including our siblings and his parents until 16 weeks and more than likely that will not be via social media. 
  • @kantobean Thanks!  That actually happened to me with my first.  Maybe that's why I'm being overly cautious about it.  I literally just finished getting stiched up when my then sister-in-law decided to announce her pregnancy in my delivery room lol... I can laugh about it now but I was so mad at the time.
  • @lulu780 - That's really considerate of you! Eeeek....awkward with your SIL. I ordered a "cousin crew" shirt from Carter's for my niece (2), it was $5 and will be our announcement to them.
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• Any teachers have a fun way to announce in the lounge? I want to do something clever with food (always!!) but I work at 3 schools so I don’t want it to break the bank! 
  • @rs0806 bring in cinnamon bun rolls for breakfast and do something with the “bun in the oven” pun?
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• kantobeankantobean member
    edited August 2019
    @lulu780 haha, my BIL and SIL got married the day DD was born. It was totally avoidable since it was a shotgun wedding (their son was born a month later) and the only people there were my ILs, the bride’s parents, and the judge, and he proposed 6 months earlier. They literally could have gone any day but chose the week of my due date. Lol. It didn’t really bother me at the time, my ILs still came to the hospital after DD was born, but it annoyed me a year later at DD’s birthday when MIL was like “and today is BIL/SIL’s anniversary!!” Mmkay. 

ETA: they’re divorced now, which is sad but best for both of them. 
  • @rs0806 Bun in the oven is cute! I did something similar with my coworkers the first time around, and bought a bunch of donuts with a sign that said, "Eat Up, so mom isn't the only one with a belly!" But some of the men are dumb and didn't get it.  :#

@keeksie84 Love that, LOVE Ali Wong!
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @keeksie84 Since this is our third, I'm not sure that we'll do any kind of formal announcement either.  Once we have our first scan, if all looks OK, I think we'll just tell people individually as the opportunity arises.  My mom has already accidentally told her mom lol.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • @rs0806 You can always add donuts to the cinnamon rolls. “I donut know how else to tell you, there’s a bun in the oven!” 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• I think I've decided that we will do something after NT scan/NIPT come back clear (fx!) verbally to friends and family - our parents still don't know and won't know until then. I was thinking about waiting until the anatomy scan for social media, because that is right at halloween for me & I'd feel much more comfortable **tw** bc of our loss. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @keeksie84 OMG I loooooove the Ali Wong idea. 

This is our first so I’m really excited to tell people but also really cautious and nervous. I’m 6w+5d now and DH and I have yet to tell anyone.

We’re planning to tell my brother & SIL on Monday (will be 7w by then) and then DH’s parents and our closest friends after our first u/s (8 and a half weeks). Then the rest of our friends and fam after 12w.

I’m torn about telling my own parents because they are the WORST at keeping things secret/private. When my nephew was born, they posted his photo and baby announcement on Facebook before my brother and SIL were even out of the recovery room. Will probably wait until 12w to tell them but it seems unfair to DH to have his parents know a month before.

I don’t know yet how I feel about posting a big social media announcement but might post a full body pic on our anniv (Oct 6) and let people figure it out for themselves haha
  • I thought we were going to end up telling the ILs and my SIL and nieces over the the phone, but turns out we will all be together at the end of the month so we’ll get to tell them in person! Any fun ideas to tell them all? My ILs are already grandparents twice over with our nieces so don’t want to do any “you’re going to be grandparents” stuff. TIA!
  • Ahhhhhh loveeeee @stassischroeder

• @aprileia love that card!

• So, I've already told my sister because we are very close and I was the first person she told when she was expecting her babies. She was super excited! Pinterest board and all has been started for everything baby. I don't think we are going to post on social till way later if at all but I do want to let my immediate family and close friends know so we were thinking of taking some photos during our cruise in September and sharing them with our parents and close friends. I found this really cute shirt on etsy that I am going to wear to pretty much announce it! (Picture in Spoiler) 

• Lurker.... @stassischroeder you could just tell him the noisy sex worked....    :D
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• How are people planning on announcing at work? I work with about 12 people (more if you include our other location). It's a family business, and I am part of the family so about half the people know already because of that. Any easy, fun ways to tell the rest? My husband is the CEO, even people I don't work directly with likely work with DH.
  • @jenEP I haven't told anyone at work yet and have no idea how I am going to break the news. There are about 12 of us in the department so I was thinking about doing something cute. My coworkers love sweets so I was thinking of bringing in something and writing a little message on the box.

@stassischroeder Super cute!  <3
  • @stassischroeder That announcement is so cute, but DS woke up at 5 (on the one random day I am taking off work), and I am wondering IF sleep really IS overrated? I'd pay $$$$ for 10 hours straight hahaha.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 Yeah I'll 100% be regretting that statement come March/April. I'm spoiled now that DS is generally sleeping through the night. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder Such a cute announcement!  I need a letter board!  Not necessarily for announcing the pregnancy, but just to have one in general.  They're so cute and fun!  I'm with @EmilyLove25, GIVE ME ALL THE SLEEPS.

@jenEP & @stacey6689 I wasn't really sure at first how I was going to tell my coworkers but since I ended up telling my boss a couple days ago (out of necessity), I might not do any sort of special thing to let the rest of the people know.  I work for a Budget & Management office for my city, and my department is my boss, me, and one other girl.  There are other departments, too, of course, but none that I see on a daily basis (probably only 20ish of us total).  I figure people will find out when I start showing.  No one has a filter or any sort of manners around this place, so I'm pretty sure they'll feel comfortable just blurting out questions like, "HEY ARE YOU PREGNANT?" even though that's typically frowned upon behavior.
  • @Malidocious these are amazing!! Love your work!
  • @Malidocious wow!! You are so talented! The ultrasound one is so cool—I’ve never seen one like that!

• @Malidocious those are GORGEOUS!
  • @Malidocious Those are amazing! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @Malidocious You are so creative! I'm amazed! I love your talent. The one you made for your friend is SO beautiful. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• My mother-in-law has been staying with us for the whole summer. Since we couldn't really hide it, we told all the parents (mine live only 30 min away) a week after we got a positive hpt. My doctor won't see me until 12 weeks, so that's when we will tell extended family and friends (after confirming everything is progressing normally).
  • MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited August 2019
    @aprileia @silverhope @sivosk @MrsVP614 @EmilyLove25  :):):)  Thank you so much!  I love cross stitching (I am so grateful to finally have found *my* hobby), and doing meaningful pieces is the best ever!
  • @Malidocious - Wowwwwwwwwww!