Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS week of 8/12

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would it be?

Re: TFAS week of 8/12

• Loading the player...
  • @mamaqdubu ugh, I'm sorry you got hit with a cold! I am glad you're feeling better and refreshed though - let's tackle this week!

@gingermama29 I LOVE Lin Manuel!!!  So glad DD loved the zoo - Isn't it so fun watching them explore new things?!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 12/13/1 AL #2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 22months DD

Any thoughts about this cycle? This cycle I think is more for just getting back on track with things.

Any questions? Can't think of anything.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant:Wish the RE's office would call me soon for an appointment, sucks to just be left waiting. Rave:50% off sale at my favourite thrift store today! Going to check it out only because I want a new dress for the wedding I am going to in a few weeks. Brag: Nothing really to brag about.

GTKY: If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would it be? Anna Ferris. She is so funny in every movie I have seen her in, I think she would be a fun friend to have.

@mamaqdubu that is so not fun coming back from a trip with a sickness. Good to hear you're feeling better from it.

@gingermama29 good to hear the first trip to the zoo went well. I have yet to take my DD to ours here.

@kpearse99 work drama is never a good time, sorry you have to deal with that. The 7th member of friends would have been awesome! I love those guys.

• @ottergirl81 I was thinking Anna Ferris too!
    @kpearse99 I'm glad you had a good weekend with family also that you have a plan going forward with the RE.
    @gingermama29 Yay for a fun zoo trip!
    @mamaqdubu Glad you are feeling better.

Month/Cycle? 5/5 (2 benched)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.75

Any thoughts about this cycle? O should be next week and it looks like DH's work shifts should help us get good timing.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD woke up 2 hours early this morning and had the biggest meltdown. I am tired.

GTKY: Hmmm female it would be Kristen Bell, male would be Ryan Reynolds, reality celebrity would be Chelsea DeBoer (Houska).
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua ugh sorry for the early meltdown. rough way to start the week!

@kpearse99 i'm so looking forward to get togethers when I can have adult conversation without watching my children like a hawk! (especially around a pool). I'm sorry about the work drama. It definitely gets old, especially when you're traveling and completely immersed in it. 

@gingermama29 The zoo sounds fun! I love watching the kids see *new* things they have never experienced before. They are always in such awe! 
  • @kpearse99 ugh sorry about work drama. That's the worst. I'm glad you had a good weekend with family friends though!
    @ottergirl81 I hope you hear from the RE's office soon. 
    @m6agua sorry for the early wake up. I hope she takes a good nap for you today.
  • @mamaqdubu Glad you're feeling better! Love Leagally Blond! 

@gingermama29 We're stopping at a zoo on our trip in a couple days. It's smaller and not too expensive so it's really just to break up our car ride but I know DD will love it. I think I'd fangirl too much around Lin Manuel Miranda! 

@kpearse99 Good luck on Thursday!

@ottergirl81 Enjoy the sale! I had a good outing on the Kohl's clearance rack yesterday and threw a couple coupons on top of it all. It was awesome. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Any thoughts about this cycle? Only on CD 2, but it is my first month temping so that adds an exciting new element. 

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD has started drawing simple faces on things but they all look like their having a bad day! 😕 It's too cute! 😂 I was getting drawings home from her summer camp and didn't think they were hers because of the faces. 

GTKY: If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would it be? This is tough! Eddie Redmayne would probably be the best match with my personality!
  • @mamaqdubu Glad you’re feeling better! 

@gingermama29 glad she enjoyed the zoo! 

@jrouge12 Good luck temping! I love adding new stuff to my cycles, it really does make it exciting and slightly makes up for your period starting. 

@m6agua Sorry for the extra early wake up and tantrum. 

@kpearse99 Eeeek! I hope you’re ready to trigger on Thursday. I have my everything crossed for you! 

@ottergirl81 I hope you hear from the RE early this week. Sorry you’re just hanging out there. 

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/3 AL 

WTO/TWW? TWW 

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 and 2 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just waiting for AF. I was PMSing hard yesterday and broke out like I usually do before AF. So I’m not hopeful. 

Any questions? None. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Today my son started pre-K! I am so excited to get back into a routine. And he had a blast. So if I’m not as present this week it’s because we’re getting back into a routine. 

GTKY: If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would it be? I don’t really know. Maybe Chrissy Teigen. 
  • @tyrion_ mentally, I am SO SO SO ready!!! hahaha Just need to be physically ready!  Chrissy Teigen seems like  a true gem!!  Also, yay for pre-k! Let us know how he likes it :)

@jrouge12 I think that's hilarious about the faces! I think it's adorable and I've always loved seeing how kids draw things so differently.

@mamaqdubu it certainly is nice not having to watch DS like a hawk and to be able to give him his independence and also get to have adult conversations because I don't have to entertain him at all times. I'm trying to embrace it as I know I won't have that for a while once a newborn is back in the picture!

@m6agua ooooo Kristin Bell!!! That's a good one! Can I be friends with you both?!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mamaqdubu glad your timing happened to line up!

@gingermama29 ugh I’m sorry about the long cycles, I’m in the same boat. Do you have PCOS? Glad you had fun at the zoo!

@kpearse99 is this your first medicated cycle/IUI? Fingers crossed!! Adult conversation is so needed, glad you had fun!

@ottergirl81 Can you call the RE’s instead to keep asking? Or is it a waiting list type of situation? Im sorry, waiting is so hard. 

@m6agua glad it looks like timing can be good this month! It’s so stressful when you have to worry about that.

@jrouge12 love all the temping data, did you temp with your first?

@tyrion_ I’m sorry you don’t feel optimistic about this cycle. Good luck getting back to your routine!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 6/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? None yet, still early. But I’m optimistic. 

Any questions? I don’t think so

Rant/Rave/Brag: My DH and I live together again in ONE week! We’ve been living apart for 6 months because I got a better job in the town we were planning to move to. I can’t wait to finally be a family again. Also, DS did so great on the plane on Friday. I think he thought it was a giant party or something because he just kept smiling and high fiving everyone in neighboring seats. Our return flight is tomorrow but it could be hit or miss as it’s during nap time... I’m really hoping he just sleeps. 

GTKY: If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would it be? I’m gonna say Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds as a couple.
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited August 2019
    @jrouge12 it would be super hard not to fangirl around LMM. That's super cute about your DD and her drawings.

@tyrion_ that's so exciting about Pre-K! Sorry you're not feeling optimistic about this cycle.

@rachelg777 yes I do have PCOS. I'm torn between being frustrated with having long cycles but also thrilled to have any sort of "regular" cycle at all. Yay for being about to be back with YH. 6 months living apart had to be so difficult!

Edited for autocorrect
  • @m6agua I was also thinking Kristen Bell! Thats so funny we were thinking of the same two people.

@jrouge12 Awe, drawings with faces sounds so cute, even if the faces look angry or sad, lol!

@rachelg777 If I don't hear from the RE's office soon, I will call before the end of this week, maybe will tomorrow. 
    Yay to you and your DH living together again! It sure can be tough being apart, especially for a long time.

• @kpearse99 that’s so exciting! I’m so happy for you and have everything crossed! And thank you! I hope to never do it again  :D

@gingermama29 I get it, I’ve never been formally diagnosed but have always had long irregular cycles and when I was pregnant with DS they told me it looked like I had it as my ovaries had the typical pearl like appearance. But I’m thankful I ovulate and my cycles aren’t completely awful. And thank you! Feels like such a long time coming.

@ottergirl81 I don’t have experience with RE’s but in my last job I worked closely with many Dr.’s offices all over and called multiple times a day for appts, records, anything. I just know I had to call call call for anything, which is frustrating. Good luck and I hope they are responsive and you get in!
  • @tyrion_ Thank you! I was a mess the first morning trying to do it in the dark. I got a super cheap one to make sure I can commit! Also, I love Chrissy Teigen! Her snark back at parenting critics is too good!

@rachelg777 With DD we were NTNP but I've been ready for a second for about a year and just got DH over to the dark side. So I'm hoping temping will move things along. My cycles are 26-35 days long, so O was a crapshoot! That is adorable about the plane ride! That would make my day to be next to such a happy baby on a plane. And yay to being with DH again! That must have been really tough to be apart.

@ottergirl81 They just make me laugh! 

• @mamaqdubu glad you got one day in the FW and hopefully you’re feeling a lot better!  Sickness from kids is always rough

@gingermama29 I hope that you O sooner because I hate long cycles!  Watching kids watch the animals at the zoo is always such a joy!

@kpearse99 I hope Thursday shows some gorgeous follies!

@ottergirl81 waiting for doctors is literally one of the worst things everrrr!  Woo for 50% off sale!

@m6agua how has your gut health been doing?  I think I missed it but are you back in the game officially?

@jrouge12 that’s adorable that her faces are all having a bad day haha maybe to her they look happy…?

@tyrion_ good luck getting back into the routine… also, I hate the AF break outs.  The cherry on top of the evil witch’s arrival

@rachelg777 that’s awesome that you’ll get to live with DH again!  My H was active duty when we got married and we were separated for the first 7 months of marriage… it’s such a joy to finally end the different living quarters.  Though, it was also annoying because I had the house in perfect order before him arriving lol

• What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle?  month 15, soon to be 7th medicated cycle

WTO/TWW? WFAF

Ages of other child(ren)?  2

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I'm just excited for AF's arrival after finishing Provera, however, we have a pool party this weekend so that will be less fun with AF but worth it to move onto the next cycle

Any questions? nah

Rant/Rave/Brag:  DD's memory is awesome, but it's concerning since she remembers things that we jokingly told her so now we have to stop making jokes that she takes seriously.  Or, I have to watch how I speak to her... for example: last week, DD started running toward a parking lot.  I grabbed her and picked her up and told her "no running away from Mommy. You could get hit by a car!" and then last night she started walking toward the driveway at our apartment complex and DH told her "No going to the driveway or parking lot"  and she just kept repeating "I get hit by car. I get hit by car."  I'm just hoping that she doesn't start repeating that at daycare.....

GTKY: If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would it be?  hmmm.... I don't know much about celebrities actual lives, but I've seen Zac Efron does a lot of fun stuff and I could totally go travel in the wild with him.  Or Chris Pratt always seems fun and funny!  Or Ellen.  idk haha
  • @mokay19 DS has an incredible memory too!! He'll remember things that happened YEARS ago, like when he was 2 or something, and I'm like... how the hell do you remember that?! You were barely alive!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @rachelg777 you must be so excited! Was your DH able to take your toddler while living apart to give you a break here and there? 

@tyrion_ my oldest is going into pre-K on the 26th. It’s still essentially a full time daycare which he has done since infancy, but I still might cry. 
  • @kpearse99 LOL to the “you were barely alive!” ....but seriously. Or if you just brush off a demand like “oh we’ll have ice cream later” knowing damn well that there’s no ice cream at home. And then you get home 10 hours later and you get “I eat ice cream now?” Whoops!
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited August 2019
    ETA and AFM:
    DD was great at daycare but then had a huge meltdown at bedtime last night as well. It was rough until DH got home from work. This morning she was completely fine. I hope tonight goes well too.

@mokay19 My gut health is doing better, I wouldn't say I am back in the game 'officially', but yes I am. DH and I decided against my practitioner to see what happens last cycle and this one and if I end up KU I will stop the herbs and not do the detox at the end of this month. If I do not get KU, I will just continue on with my treatment as planned. My detox should be done by my next cycle so that is when we are completely back in the game, with my practitioners blessing... as long as he doesn't change timelines on me again.

A pool party with AF is no fun, glad you are able to put a somewhat positive spin on it. It is crazy how good these LOs memories are. DD is always telling me about so and so at daycare who bit her and exactly where, when it happened MONTHS ago.

@tyrion_ Yay for Pre-K, I'm glad he liked it! DD is starting 3 year old Pre-K at her daycare next month, I'm nervous.

@rachelg777 I bet you are so excited to be living with DH again, it must be tough being apart that long.

@ottergirl81

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @mokay19 sure hope AF returns soon for you and doesn't ruin the pool party too badly for you. So cute about your LO's memory. Mine is starting to remember things but thankfully can't talk yet. I'm afraid of what might come out of her mouth at this point, lol.

@kpearse99 "...you were barely alive!" LOL hilarious! 

@m6agua so nice to hear your gut health is improving and almost back on track. Exciting that you're almost officially back in the game! FX that you will be KU soon. 
    Love the gif btw! DH and I watched that movie last week!

• @m6agua glad you and YH came up with a good plan for you guys and it seems to make sense to me ☺️
    We always call the nighttime meltdowns “mush brain” because DD just seems like she actually doesn’t know how to feel or what to do. And it’s pitiful, adorable, and frustrating haha
  • @mamaqdubu I am definitely super excited! He came to town every weekend but since childcare was arranged where I live/I'm still nursing, he didn't take him back with him or anything. 
  • Hello ladies! Sorry I haven’t had the chance to catch up here this past week. I’m working on it! 💕 

Month/Cycle? 2/2 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 21 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hopeful. A busy week and AF has put a bit of a damper on my positive attitude. But it’s coming back around. 

Any questions? Nope 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has been soo sweet lately. It’s so amazing to see how much growth and development has happened just over the past 6 months. I brought him to the pool earlier this week and he handled it like a champ. We’re struggling a bit during the week with staying busy, and my mom guilt for not feeling like he’s being entertained enough. It’s so hot that we’ve had to limit a lot of outdoor activity. 

GTKY: If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would it be?
    Man, idk... I always thought Jeniffer Lawrence would be so chill. But I don’t really just can’t about a specific one. I’d be all about being besties with a few book characters though. 
  • @photographerwife we've missed you!  I'm sorry about AF, but I am happy to hear your positive attitude is returning :)<3
    Our TTC Journey

• @photographerwife I'm sorry about AF :( 
    my DS2 is the same age, and I totally agree. In the last 6 months it's been so amazing to watch him develop. I hate when he can't tell me what he wants though. The other day he had a meltdown i thought because I was just getting him dressed. When he finally got up, he went and grabbed his dinosaur shirt and brought to to me like *mom, THIS is what I wanted. jeeze*.... i promptly changed him. How was I supposed to know!
  • So i'm stalling my nap time break, instead of showering, and watching the finale of jane the virgin to try and catch up here! lol!

@mamaqdubuThat is soo cute! DS isnt so picky about stuff like that yet, its so funny what they like! It sounds liek your last week is similar to what this week has been for me. Crazy! lol Glad you are feeling better though. 

@kpearse99 AWW, thanks! 💕FX for you so much that the IUI goes well! I want to be friends with Friends too! 

@gingermama29 Im so glad you had fun at the zoo! im so ready for cooler weather so we can go and actually enjoy it! Its so sweet seeing these babes grow!

@ottergirl81 Im not 100% caught up on the dalies, but I hope you were able to talk to your RE. I hope you had some good thrift finds! 

@m6agua Hope DD has been sleeping better for you, and the nighttime tantrums stop:( I dont have cable anymore, but I miss teen mom! lol!

@jrouge12 The drawings sound so cute! Are you a HP fan, I love Eddie Redmayne!

@tyrion_ So happy youre able to get back in a routine! im not ready for school! 

@rachelg777 Im so happy that you and DH are back together again! That would be hard! 

@mokay19 Omg, Hopefully she doesnt start saying that in public! You should get a silly toddler pass though! It is kind of funny. 😬My sister was over the other day, dropped something and said sh*t, and now everytime we drop something or he hears a bump he says it. Ive been trying so hard to ignore it, but its even funnier when he uses it in context! 

• @kpearse99 Not sure if I missed an update but did you trigger today? How’d your follies look?! Thinking of you! 
  • @tyrion_ Hi! Thanks for remembering :)  I had my ultrasound and bloodwork today to see how everything was lining up and he said I'm responding really well to the Letrozole!  I have 3 follies: 2 on the right side that are measuring at 17mm and 1 on the left side that is at 13mm.  He said one needs to be at 20mm and then we can do the trigger and then the IUI.  Also my uterus lining was at 5.5 and they want it at 7mm.

He said he thinks my eggs need 2 more days to "cook"  :D So I go back Saturday morning for a follow up ultrasound and bloodwork.  He is predicting that appointment will go well and that I'll do the trigger Saturday night and come in Monday morning for the IUI (right before I leave for Atlanta... which is great, because I've been stressing about the timing occurring while I was away for work!) I'm not thrilled about not being able to DTD one more time the night of the IUI but it's okay.  He also said that if it looks like I'm Oing on my own come Saturday morning that the IUI could even be done on Sunday.  So we'll know more on Saturday but it's going to be a go pretty darn soon! My head has been spinning all day!
    Our TTC Journey

• @photographerwife Yes! Big HP fan here!
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited August 2019
    @kpearse99 Good luck tomorrow!
    @ottergirl81 I hope you can get an appointment scheduled soon!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 thanks!!! I’ll let you all know how it goes this morning! 
    Our TTC Journey

• Well, I have 5 follies now! 3 are looking the best and 2 look like they will be the winners. The two are at 15mm and my lining is still a little thin at 5mm. I go back Monday morning before my work trip for another ultrasound and bloodwork and she didn’t seem worried about the timing working out at all with my trip, she thinks it’s all going to work out perfectly... and I really hope she’s right!!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 Yay! Fingers crossed she’s right! This is a nail biter!