March 2020 Moms

Telling Your Boss Your Pregnant. (Did I mention he hates kids?)

Hey ladies. I am 10 weeks on Wednesday. According to the bump app I should start preparing how to bring up to my employer that I am pregnant. Well he is not a fan of kids at all and would properly say ew if he saw a baby. So having a pregnant woman in the office would probably be his nightmare especially since we are a small company of 8. 

So I am trying to find a proper way to tell him and control the situation. Any suggestions on how or what to say? 

Re: Telling Your Boss Your Pregnant. (Did I mention he hates kids?)

• Hi there and welcome,

As a new participant, I'd encourage you to read this thread and intro here

As you'll see in the Board Organization thread, we don't do one-off threads here. We prefer more organization. I'd suggest you change this thread to be all inclusive - something explaining your experience/conundrum, and asking for other ladies' experiences. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Oh yikes..... He sounds like a nightmare. Well he can't react badly or hateful towards people because of their color, sex, religion, sexuality, etc. So he also can't react in a nasty way because of you being pregnant either. Sounds like he should get some counseling or something. 
    I would wait till 2nd trimester personally, before saying anything.