Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 8/12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 8/12

• Loading the player...
  • @begging4abump good luck at your ultrasound! I hope you can get off the bench. 🤞
  • brb for tags
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @begging4abump Wishing you lots of luck with your ultrasound! That sounds so stressful!
    @emeraldduchess I'm really sorry about your BFN and the tears that came with it. :'( I can't even imagine how difficult this time is for you.  *hugs* And you aren't being a downer at all! All of your feelings are completely warranted!
    @millpe Mondays are so hard!

@inthewoods23 LOL at your DH. That is so friggin' typical, isn't it?! I feel like my hubby has the cleaning skills of a lazy teenager. *rolls eyes* And ohhh,  I look forward to your paint pictures!
    @ttcbabyodo Your weekend sounds great! I'm probably nearly ready to head over to the TWW as well!

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @begging4abump FX for good news at your appointment today. 

@emeraldduchess so sorry for your tough weekend. That sounds like a lot to deal with all at once. 

@millpe there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed after being away for awhile. 

@inthewoods23 looking forward to seeing pictures. Sounds like quite the project, especially with a repaint.

@flowntheloop ugh I hear ya on the heat. I hate hot weather. Glad you got in a bunch of hikes this weekend. That flower is beautiful!

@jrouge12 have fun on your trip!

@ttcbabyodo glad you had a great weekend with YH

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CF, FF, prenatals

R/R: DH built us a fire pit in our yard this summer and we finally broke it in last night! It was a perfect night for one too!  I've always wanted a fire pit and am definitely looking forward to more fires, especially in the fall. 

CS/Q: not yet. Given my long cycle history, FW isn't predicted until the end of the month. I'm hoping for sooner, but in the meantime, there isn't much to see. 

• flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited August 2019
    @gingermama29 Thank you! And that firepit sounds awesome! We are hoping to get one built before fall, but I don't know how we will get it done with all of our other projects (and this heat)!

@bluetickgal Sounds like a great weekend to me! Good luck at your RE appointment and keep us updated!
    I don't think the heat is necessarily causing the migraines, but they are definitely exacerbated by it (dehydration on my part isn't helpful either). And thank you for the compliment!

@rachelg777 That first night back in your own bed is the best! Soak up every moment! I hope your O isn't too far away!
    As for the orchid I posted, it is rather rare in most areas, but it is abundant in some ecological niches (if you know where to look). This was at a protected site. Humans are destroying/influencing the habitats of many native species, so beauties like this are becoming less and less common.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @bluetickgal - Yeah, duty is overnight. :( But, if i can convince MH to HIO one more time tomorrow night, that would include +1. But we all know how big of a fan MH is of HIO in the middle of the week, so I'm not going to get my hope up too high for that.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Month/Cycle: 1/1 (intro'ed in the newbie thread last week)

CD: 1? 2? 3? see Q..

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs

R/R: Rave: we move in to our new house this week! Rant: I am having inconsistent wake times which makes temping harder. 

CS/Q: What do you count as your first cycle day? I spot for 1-2 days before my period seems to officially come. I spotted on Saturday. Yesterday (Sunday) I counted as CD1 but it was so light that I only saw it when wiping. In the past I've been counting day 1 as the first day after I start spotting, but that's been leaving me with a 10-11 day LP so maybe it's really not until the second day after I start spotting, which is usually when I need to put my cup in. Any thoughts?

DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• babyodobabyodo member
    edited August 2019
    @catem07 - I am having this same difficulty this month. Normally, my period just starts and it's light on CD1, heavy on CD2, then light again CD3, and then I spot for 2-3 days afterward. This cycle, though, I spotted for two days, had 1 1/2 days of medium flow, followed by more spotting for a day or two. I counted CD1 as the first day after the two days I was spotting, but mainly because that's not normal for me to spot like that. So, to answer your question (lol), I have no clue. How long does AF usually last for you?
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @flowntheloop that’s so true and so sad, it’s so unique. 

@catem07 I think technically CD1 would be when you start needing your cup. 
  • I feel like I'm doing this a lot lately, and I feel bad, but I have to post and run again!  I'm in first aid, CPR & AED training all day today!  Only have about 20 minutes to eat lunch and post!  I'll try to come back and skim/tag later.  I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Month/Cycle: 13/4 AL

CD:26

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, FF, VBBT, OPKs, PreSeed, Softcups, SMEP, sooooo much HIO

R/R:  My MIL visited Friday-Saturday, and it honestly wasn't terrible.  She did make one remark about me drinking wine, so clearly not pregnant, and we were in a restaurant, so I let it slide.  It's starting to clearly annoy MH too, so hopefully he says something to her next time.

CS/Q:  I think O will finally be today!  Longest (non-AL) cycle ever!  This would officially tip me into Early May due date.

**TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @emeraldduchess Came back just to send big hugs.  PM me if you need to talk.  Sadly, I know that would-be feeling well.  I have my second one coming up in October.  :(

@inthewoods23 YESSS!!!  My favorite GIF/meme!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @rachelg777 glad you had a good weekend with family! I always just post a screenshot as well since I do mobile...not sure how others do from a computer though. 

@flowntheloop thank you, I’ll update for sure! Ah, that makes sense about the migraines. Do you get them in clusters? Hopefully you won’t have anymore for a while! I get them randomly, but have never been able to figure out what triggers them...although I only get them 2-3 times a year luckily. 

@ttcbabyodo ah, bummer! Hopefully he’ll be feeling frisky and will be up for some mid-week HIO tomorrow! 

@misshelen86 thank you, I’ll definitely update! So glad you had a good weekend!! 

@catem07 yay for a new house, hope the move isn’t too bad! I’ve had some major confusion about CD1 in the past, and my doctor is adamant that it is the first day of “full flow” requiring a pad or tampon. So, if it’s just when you wipe or even a couple drops on a pantyliner, I wouldn’t count it as CD1 yet. Some things online say when it’s red is when you would count it as CD1, but that goes against what my doctor said...so I go with the full flow rule. There are some conflicting thoughts on that, and I still get confused sometimes whether I’m spotting or if it’s light flow (which is frustrating because I take meds on certain days of my cycle). Not sure if that helps or just made it more confusing! Are you tracking O by temping and/or OPK’s? I think that’s the only way you can accurately calculate LP.

@shamrocandroll hope your training goes well today! Glad your visit from your MIL wasn’t too bad, but that stinks she even made one comment! Yay for O finally happening!! 
  • I'll be back later for tags.

Month/Cycle: 5/5 (2 benched)

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Tracking BBT/CM, getting my health in order

R/R: I am tired today, for two nights in a row I have been restless from about 3-6am when I get up. I am hoping I can get some good sleep tonight.

CS/Q: Getting all my temps in so far! 

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @bluetickgal glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. Good luck with your appointment on Thursday!
    @rachelg777 glad you had a good time with family!
    @misshelen86 oooh the beach sounds like a fun day.
    @catem07 I'm having the same issue with inconsistent wake up times for temping. I just can't bring myself to set an alarm during summer break.
    @shamrocandroll ugh the comment from your MIL is so obnoxious. I hope YH does say something next time she makes a comment like that.
  • @bluetickgal Yes, using temp and OPKs. Of course now I'm thinking all my old data is messed up but oh well. I'll just start EOD at CD 11 or so and continue until I confirm O since I don't really know which my historical O day is if I've been tracking my cycle wrong. 

Thanks everyone for the responses. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @begging4abump - Best of luck with the ultrasound! Fingers crossed you get great news!

@emeraldduchess - I was thinking of you this weekend! I'm so sorry you've had a tough few days, and about the family health issues on top of everything. I'm glad you're getting in to the RE this week to regroup and hopefully come up with a great path forward!! 

@millpe - hope you're having some delicious coffee! That's so nice to finally be home after almost a week!

@inthewoods23 - Ooh can't wait to see your bathroom pics! It sounds like it will be pretty. 

@flowntheloop - that sounds like a great weekend even tho it was crazy hot! That's an amazing photo.

@jrouge12 - ooh a trip! I hope you're going somewhere fun!

@ttcbabyodo - so glad you had a nice weekend!

@gingermama29 - ooh a fire pit! Those make the transition from summer to fall even nicer.

@bluetickgal - great that you got to really recharge! Hope you have a great appt Thursday.

@misshelen86 - I'm glad you got some beach time!

@catem07 - agree with others...CD1 is the first day of real flow rather than spotting.

@shamrocandroll - glad you survived your MIL's visit! It's always so validating when men start to realize that something is annoying after it's BEEN annoying us for ages isn't it? :joy:

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: this month, just prenatals, acupuncture and will just observe whatever CM is totally obvious if you catch my drift. :# Taking a break from OPKs.

R/R: Our weekend ended up really nice after some grumpiness Saturday! SO (who works in theater and theater education mostly as a director/teacher but also sometimes acts) acted in a staged reading Saturday night and he was awesome! It seriously lifted my mood. Sunday was chilled out and so far I am really loving my break from tracking everything for this month, it makes sense to me b/c in about a month (9/6) we go to see the doctor for SA, etc. (That's the soonest we could get in!) I'm sure Ovia is wondering why I'm not logging every mood or twinge I have but she's gonna have to deal.

CS/Q: nope

• @m6agua ugh, that sounds like an incredibly frustrating sleep pattern! Hopefully that doesn’t continue! 

@catem07 sounds good. I actually read your original post wrong and thought you were somehow calculating luteal phase of one cycle based on AF of the same cycle...I couldn’t figure out how that was happening unless you just knew the total length of your cycle and you were cutting it in half or something. Clearly I need to read things more carefully, because I understand what you meant completely after re-reading! Sorry about that!  

@gingermama29 thank you!! 

@whitealbum29 thanks!! I’m glad you had a good weekend and the lower-pressure approach is going well for you! 
  • @inthewoods23 yay to a clean living room!  Ours is pretty cluttered right now but we didn't feel very motivated this weekend. We had a similar experience with bathroom paint when we first moved in. I painted it a bright turquoise and got sick of it VERY quickly!

@millpe thank you. <3 Welcome home! I hope the coffee was strong today. :)

@whitealbum29 glad you had a nice weekend! That's cool that your DH works in theater/theater education. I ran the drama program at the school where I teach for three years, so lots of respect to him for that! It's rewarding but also crazy stressful!

@m6agua sorry about the lousy sleep patterns.  I hope that tonight is better!

@flowntheloop that's a beautiful photo!

@ttcbabyodo that's definitely a nice weekend! Hope duty tonight goes by fast.

@jrouge12 are you going somewhere good for your trip? 

@bluetickgal sounds like your lazy weekend was perfect! I love those, too. 

@rachelg777 glad you have a nice visit with you family, but I definitely hear you on wanting to get back into your own routine. 

@gingermama29 a firepit sounds so nice!

@misshelen86 glad you were able to have that much-needed beach day!

@shamrocandroll hugs right back to you. I say we go together and take the May BMB by storm!

@catem07 congratulations on the new house!

• @begging4abump I hope your U/S goes well and that you get the best possibly news!  Keep us posted!

@millpe Glad you're home, and hopefully you get to go to bed nice and early tonight!

@inthewoods23 That feeling of having a nice, clean house is so great.  It makes me want to keep it like that forever, but MH is ALWAYS the one to mess it up.  Ugh.

@flowntheloop So sorry to hear about your migraines!  That photo is incredible!!!

@jrouge12 Good luck trip prepping and cabinet priming!

@ttcbabyodo Yay for feeling loved!  Maybe O will be tomorrow and you can get one more in.  My + OPK is usually the day before O.

@gingermama29 Jealous of your fire pit!  We need to build a new one.  Ours is falling apart.

@bluetickgal Those kinds of weekends are the best.  I hope you get answers/a plan at the RE!

@rachelg777 I usually screen shot it too.  I type my update from my phone, save the draft, then add the screen shot from mobile.

@misshelen86 So glad you had a nice weekend!

@catem07 What those ladies all said.  :)

@m6agua I keep waking up at 4am every morning, and it's messing with my temps!  Hope you get some sleep tonight!

@whitealbum29 So glad not tracking is giving you a mental break, and that you had a nice weekend after all!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• *Lurking from TWW* 

@inthewoods23 In our last house we painted our half bath a truly regrettable color. We lived with it pepto-bismol pink until we were putting the house up for sale and had to make it a non-egregious color haha. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @shamrocandroll thank you!! 

@m6agua yep, Jane the Virgin!! It has been my guilty pleasure for the past several months! I love it!! Oh, you’ll have to tell me how you like the ending once you watch it! 
  • Hey, all! Sorry to post and ghost today. Thanks for all the good wishes!! Unfortunately, I was told that I have too many eggs to ttc this cycle, so I’ve been trying to wrap my head around month 5 of being benched. I’m especially pissed because this was supposed to be my best cycle to try after getting my body in order with surgery and all those meds, and I have limited tries before my endometriosis becomes a big issue again. Plus, my re had me on 2 pills/night, and it seems like 1 would have allowed us to try this month. I had a couple tears silently roll down my cheek when I was told that I had too many eggs to try, but mostly kept it together until he left the room. Then, on my way out, he showed me that his notes said that he only had me on one pill. I definitely remember him choosing the higher dosage when telling the nurse as she was writing the prescription on my way out a couple weeks ago, so I’m not sure why he showed me that. I didn’t yell, but I had had it at that point, said I was upset, and left. He later called to apologize for the “confusion” and said it wouldn’t happen again. After getting his message, I got so angry all over again.

@emeraldduchess I’m so sorry for the tough milestone approaching. I wish I had something consoling to tell you, but I’m also in Debbie downer mode, and want to throw things. All your feelings are valid and so much of this crap is just not fair. Really hoping things turn around soon!

@shamrocandroll hooray for o finally!! I never lost hope for you. 🙂

@bluetickgal I hope your appointment goes well this week!!

@whitealbum29 I’m so glad to hear that your weekend turned around!!

@m6agua I hope your sleep improves soon!

@flowntheloop that flower is gorgeous! 

@ttcbabyodo sorry about the timing of your overnight duty, but you’ve definitely got a solid shot this month!

@inthewoods23 keep those renovation updates coming! Sorry about the color not working out. I’m terrible with choosing paint colors.

@gingermama29 I hope you get more use out of that fire pit soon!

@millpe I hope your temping is on point this cycle!

@rachelg777 I’m glad your extended weekend has been relaxing! I hope you have a smooth transition back to normal life.
  • Ohhh @begging4abump I am so incredibly sorry. I want to throw things for you. Biggest of hugs to you, friend. ❤️
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @begging4abump that's so irritating! I'm angry for you. Ugh, hugs girl ❤️
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @begging4abump I am so, so sorry. Your RE's error is unacceptable and I am furious for you. So many hugs. 
    And also, since throwing things in a rage is generally frowned upon, this will have to do. 

• @misshelen86 Thanks! I'm already starting to feel better (I've been avoiding going out in the heat of the day), so I'm hopeful!
    @bluetickgal I usually only get migraines a couple of times a year, so I though this week was pretty unusual. I guess I just overdid it in the heat? I have no idea. I have noticed that they can be triggered by certain foods: raw onions, dairy products (which I'm allergic to anyway) and raw radishes especially.
    @whitealbum29 Unfortunately, it is supposed to be even hotter today. We have an active heat advisory!
    @emeraldduchess Thank you!
    @shamrocandroll Awww thanks!
    @m6agua I'm glad you like it! <3
    @begging4abump I'm so sorry about your appointment. I'd definitely have a word with them in the future about all of this! You must be so frustrated right now. :'(

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @begging4abump ugh, I’m so sorry!! That’s awful that your doctor’s mistake lead to you being out this cycle! Sending all the hugs! 💜

@flowntheloop hopefully you won’t have any more for a while then! That’s good you at least know some of the triggers and can try to avoid them.