March 2020 Moms

STM+ Check-In August

2»

Re: STM+ Check-In August

• @MrsVP614 The crib question really depends on your kid. With my first, she was 21 months when the baby was born and slept so well in the crib that I didn’t want to rock the boat while pregnant, so she stayed in there and we transitioned her when the baby outgrew her bassinet, at maybe 3/4 months. With my second, she was a terrible sleeper and asked for a bed at 2, so we gave her a toddler bed and also baby-proofed her whole room, plus put a baby gate at the door, and she’s done great. They have both been very cozy in the toddler bed, DD1 stayed in it until almost 4, but many kids do great going straight to a twin and you skip the need for a toddler bed frame and a second crib mattress. But twin mattresses can we super expensive. So really you can do whatever works for your family but remember the new baby doesn’t really need the crib right away so don’t boot your toddler if you don’t want to. 
  • Love @orbmaker ‘s suggestion of a twin size floor bed. That way it’s not up off the ground on a frame for a little one, but you can buy the frame/headboard when they’re older. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emilylove25 I can't believe I will have three under 4. What were we thinking?
  • momoftoddlersmomoftoddlers member
    edited August 2019
    Second time moms, and especially third time moms, is anyone else having a lot of round ligament pain/stretching/kinda painful tugging? I’m only 10 weeks but feel like I’m 7 months pregnant! I’m guessing it’s because this is my third baby and things are just loosening up/stretching out down there earlier on, but ugh. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 3/18/ 8+3

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Three is a fun age. She is very excited for the baby and asks everyday of the baby is coming out yet. She was such an easy baby and now she is becoming a challenging toddler. Ready for her to start preschool this fall for mental stimulation. I think she will love it! 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Being a complete family, this is our last baby. I’m also excited to give DD a sibling. I’m also looking forward to breastfeeding again, I love the bond it allows for, although I’m not looking forward to pumping. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? My main concern is having all of the correct pieces falling into place with work. As a teacher March isn’t the most ideal time to have a baby and I plan on taking the rest of the year off. I’m telling my principal next week so that should get rid of some of the stress. I’m also concerned for my sleep, lol. DD is a great night time sleeper and started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks so I am worried this baby will be the opposite! 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? So far this pregnancy is easier than the first. My nipples and boobs are sore and I already have a bump I can feel but isn’t visible. My first pregnancy was relatively easier, minus the weight gain. This time around I am trying to gain way less so recovery is easier. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• EDD/Weeks + Days: March 18/8w4d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3 years

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's been a little stir crazy because I can't take him outside. I've been miserable enough that he's been playing inside with toys and watching his favorite show. I lean heavily on my husband right now to take him outside when he gets home. My husband is a real lifesaver during the first trimester...

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? I'm hoping my son and the new baby will always be close and  be there for each other. My sisters and I didn't really speak to each other until we were all adults. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Loving the next one as much as my first. Getting any one on one time with each one. Getting any sleep....

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? It's pretty close to the same as when I had my son. Trying to stay optimistic.
  • Should I be worried I’m not showing at all yet? My bump weekly blurb said now is when you should be noticing changes and I feel like I was feeling them around now last time but I pretty much look the same and my clothes fit the same. Plus I read you should show around a month earlier in 2nd+ pregnancies. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @varimama No way no way no way! Don't worry. I allege that I showed earlier with my second and now my third, but honestly, it's mostly in my head! Your uterus is probably not even above your pubic bone yet (that should be at 12 weeks), so no shock you aren't showing!!! I'd say be thankful!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @varimama definitely don't worry! I feel like I'm bloated all the time and my whole torso has "thickened up," but I don't feel my uterus yet (I'm 9+2). So, I'm definitely not showing, just retaining water and eating too much junk. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Question: has anyone's LOs gone through a phase of hating baths? DS used to love baths, but for the last month or so (he's 16mo) he's been hating them. I know he hates getting water in his face, so I try to avoid that, but it's still an ordeal every time. We've tried actual baths in a tub, and sitting on the floor with him in our walk-in shower. He hates the actual tub more, but doesn't *love* the walk-in shower either. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @varimama I follow a fitness model on instagram who didn’t show with her second baby until 26 weeks. Her healthy baby boy was born at 8.5 lbs. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @stassischroeder What is your bath tub toy game? I found the Crayola bath markers and cups that allow some water in/out were game changers. Having said that, DD goes through phases of loving/hating baths. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 I'll definitely look into bath markers. Right now he's really into his toy cars, so we bring everything that's not electronic into the bath with us. It helps a little, but I'm sure some new stuff would help even more. Thanks!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder My nephew is 2 (he'll be 3 in October) and he has decided he no longer likes baths either.  He thinks he wants to take showers until he's actually in one, and then decides that he doesn't appreciate the water in his face, lol.  He has basically every bath game in the world (so spoiled), so I'm not really sure what his deal is.
  • @stassischroeder my 3 year old hates bathing in general. We don’t have a tub bc we have a large walk in shower and since she has been able to stand she has taken showers. She has no problem jumping in the pool and splashing water in her face but hates it in the shower. I just wash her as fast as possible to get it over with and then we all move on. Hopefully it’s just a phase bc she didn’t used to be like this!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Malidocious ok I'm glad it's not just my DS! 

@AAAG13 ha, yeah we definitely speed through the bathing process! Sometimes he's content for a little bit while he plays with his cars or legos, but the bathing has to happen fast because pretty soon he's banging on the shower door and crying to get out. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder I feel like at some point DD has gone through a phase of hating everything  :D baths, eating, sleeping, drinking, cuddling, reading, etc etc etc. Luckily nothing seems to last too long, except for her picky eating ughhh

@varimama definitely don’t be worried! I would say “im showing” but it’s really just that i stopped sucking in my stomach now that I’m pregnant hahaha, if anything i have bloat from all the carbs I’ve been eating but definitely am not feeling my uterus or a true pregnant belly here and I’m a STM too
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • @stassischroeder My DD has definitely gone through phases where she hated baths. Now she likes them but hates when I was her hair.

Someone gifted me these Crayola tablets that turn the bath fun colors. While I didn’t love the idea of her bathing in dye, lol, they did help entice her into the bath some nights. She also loves bubbles. 
  • @laurenm2123 @kantobean thanks ladies! It's reassuring to hear that the problem isn't specific to DS :) I have some bath crayons in the Amazon cart, so hopefully those help to ease his negative feelings towards bathing!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20