edited August 2019 in March 2020 Moms
EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved?

Re: Weekly Group 3 Check-in (3/17-3/24) w/o 8/12

• kailanaekailanae member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D: 3/20 8w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out - we have a date for our sex determination scan!  9/28 :)

Baby is the size of a(n): wild strawberry

Upcoming appts: 12w midwife check 9/10, NT scan 9/17

How are you feeling?: Nausea 24/7. I hate all foods.  Having to force myself to eat is no fun!  Also so tired - I've been sleeping in super late lately (thanks DH for wrangling the boys so I can!)

Rants/Raves: So done with the nausea.  Please let up at least a little before I go on vacation next week!

Questions: Why is group 3 10 days long?  I'm a little confused as to how the groups got decided, as it seems like there is some overlap with the other groups' dates.  Just curious if we are actually 3/14 to 3/24 or if one of those dates might be off a bit?

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved?  I really want to get back into reading - I have a bookshelf full of fantasy novels but haven't read in months.  I was working on a series I was enjoying by Jacqueline Carey (Imriel's Trilogy) but I might bring a new book on vacation with me next week to try and spark the itch to read again.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • lusineglusineg member
    edited August 2019
    @kailanae, I think this week and the prior week dates are just typos? The beginning dates were 8 days. Think it's 3/17 - 3/24 normally.
    ------------------------------------------------------

EDD/W+D: 
    3/19, 8w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out. DH is very excited to find out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Still a small lego

Upcoming appts: This WEDNESDAY!! I think there are a couple of us with appointments this week!  :)

How are you feeling?: Vomiting has increased this week, but I'm grateful. Hunger pains are hitting hard again.

Rants/Raves: 3 weeks to vacation!!!

Questions: How is everyone with the pregnancy 'feeling real'? 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? The most recent book is Call the Midwives. It's a good book, but not one I'd read again. It's been awhile since I've read a book I really loved....
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• Loading the player...
  • @lusineg ah gotcha, thanks!  Last week was my first week participating in the group threads.  Makes sense if it is 3/17 :)
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • I think this is my group, but I won't know for sure until Wednesday after my first US.  Usually I've just been avoiding the EDD-specific groups until I know for sure where I belong, but I am feeling incredibly lonely lately and feel like talking... so here I am.

@lusineg My appointment is Wednesday, too!  FX for good exams for both of us!! :) 

EDD/W+D: Mid March is my self-calculated EDD; I am 8-9 weeksish.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: I definitely want to find out!  With all the rest of the unknowns that pregnancy has to offer, I don't think I can wait to know... plus my partner is dying to know.

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry or green olive!  :) 

Upcoming appts: Wednesday, August 14th for my dating scan and first US.  I'm so excited!

How are you feeling?: Nervous!  I'm anxious-ridden about all things baby, and I've got other stressful things happening outside of the pregnancy that I'm trying not to let stress me too much.  I'm exhausted, my boobs hurt, I'm always some level of hungry, and I'm nervous.  

Rants/Raves:  Rant mode: I wish people weren't so up in my business this early in the pregnancy.  My parents are my biggest supporters, but I feel like they're way too invested in my finances right now.  My partner's mom is already telling her entire dental office, and her information is WRONG somehow (she's telling them I'm due in December because she keeps forgetting I had a miscarriage and is just adding all the weeks together) and word travels quickly around here.  It's just really annoying when I'm trying to be comfortable and not stress out when so many people are coming out of the wood works, thinking they know everything.

Second rant: My OB called this morning to cancel my appointment and I almost panicked.  I was able to keep my appointment but I'm seeing a different doctor, so I'm a little unsettled.  I was just not about having to delay this appointment any longer, though.

Third rant: My job is pissing me off so much right now.  It's like they're trying to get me to cave and tell them that I'm KU because they keep adding more and more things for me to do every single day and I feel like I have been run ragged.  If I didn't need the income so badly, I'd have left today and just cried at home.

Questions: None right now, surprisingly.

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved?  Big Little Lies.  I hadn't watched the series or anything, but needed a book to read on my most recent work travel trip so I picked it up.  LOVED it!  I just got Where the Crawdads Sing but haven't started it yet.  Heard good things.
  • @Malidocious oof. So sorry about all your stressors—esp your overloaded job. Job stress always impacted the rest of my life a lot.

@lusineg this pregnancy doesn’t feel real yet. I’m low-to-mid level nauseous all the time, but it’s hard for me to believe there is a baby in there. Plus my first appt isn’t until next Tuesday. I don’t know if it will feel real until I see it flapping its arm buds around in the u/s.

EDD/W+D: 3/19, 8w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Denise’s pygmy sea horse (duh)

Upcoming appts: just living in a vast world of unknowns until next Tuesday. 

How are you feeling?: really just low level nausea most of the time. And tired. Puked today for the first time in two weeks. My mom is here to help with DS this week so that is nice. 

Rants/Raves: I’m very emotional. It’s annoying. 

Questions: nada

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? I haven’t read a book in forever. I watch TV, internet, or nap when DS naps and then DH always wants to hang out when he is home in the evening *eye roll*  :D so I haven’t read a book since DS was born. I wanna read Lethal White (by JK Rowling under a pseudonym) really badly and I just haven’t been able to make the time. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @lusineg It mostly still doesn’t “feel real” with the exception of our 2 ultrasound appointments. It mostly just feels like over a month straight of pms lol. 

@Malidocious Big Little Lies is such a great show! I really want to read the book now. 

EDD/W+D: 3/18/ 8w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out— waiting until our anatomy scan.

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear! Aww 🥰 also... I want gummy bears now! 

Upcoming appts: Sept 5th with my OB

How are you feeling?: Still tired. Bloating is uncomfortable after meals to the point that I usually need to lie down for a bit. Still only vague nausea but I do notice my aversions getting worse. I went to the grocery store today and literally only 2 things looked good and everything else made me want to gag. Especially meat. 

Rants/Raves: One week left of summer session and then I get 2 weeks off from work. But nervous because there are a lot of changes coming up for the new school year. 

And I'm anxious to have a bump. But my mom says when you’re tall you take forever to show (we are both 6’2”) because your abdomen has more room. 

Questions: hmm... I can’t think of anything. 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? Right now I’m reading grandma said to tell you she’s sorry. Liking it so far! 
  • @faithoverfear716 as a fellow tall girl (6’0) I can confirm. I just look bloated. I think I started really showing around 18 or 20 weeks last time. Before that I just looked like I’d put on some chunk. 😂

——————————————————

EDD:  3/20 I’m 8+3

Team: finding out. Can’t wait!

baby is the size of a: wild strawberry

Appts: I had one last week, but my next one isn’t until 9/6! I’m anxious because I haven’t heard the heartbeat yet. 

How are are you feeling? It’s different every day! Saturday was my worst day yet. I felt nauseous and exhausted all day. But today I almost didn’t notice any symptoms at all, until my workout. 

rants/raves: I worked out with a trainer today. Thankfully I told him upfront that I was pregnant and experiencing some fatigue and symptoms. About 30 min in I felt light-headed and nauseous and I just couldn’t recover. It took about 15 minutes of rest, water, fan, and a granola bar to feel ok. I’m so thankful he stuck it out with me and kept me calm (my nerves were definitely making it worse). After I recovered I was able to do one more set! I feel great now. 

Questions: Is anybody else going to 12 weeks before hearing a heart beat or seeing a US? I just keep worrying that things aren’t ok. 

GTKY: A Handmaid’s Tale!
  • @kantobean aw man, I was feeling sorry for myself that my first appt isn’t until next week. I’m sorry you have to wait until 12 weeks for the hb. Next week I think I’m abt 10 wks, but if I go by my lmp, I’m at 11 weeks (I’m assuming I ovulated late but temping was a lot harder this time around with DS and his poor sleeping waking me up at all hours). 

I have been trying to not think about the appointment and just try to be reassured every time I feel nauseous. 

• MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited August 2019
    @silverhope Thanks!  Job stress really does effect the rest of my life strongly, so it's not been ideal.  Oh, and I can relate to living in a vast world of unknowns right now.  My first US appointment is FINALLY tomorrow afternoon after having to wait for an entire month since I scheduled it.  I hope yours on Tuesday next week is great!

@faithoverfear716 I'll have to start watching the show!  I actually have HBO right now, so yay!  The book was really great.  I couldn't put it down!  Oh and your trip to the grocery store sounds exactly like me -- I don't really have a lot of nausea or straight MS, but my food aversions have been insane.  Going to the grocery store is rough because I'm usually starving but nothing sounds good, and the sight of the meat makes me gag.  

@kantobean That's so great you're working with a trainer!  I am jealous.  I used to be way into fitness for years up until my personal life got rocky at the beginning of this year and I sort of quit out of depression and stress.  I need to get back into it, start off slow due to baby circumstances (lol) but at least be working out a little.  I think it'd be great for my mental health.  Oh, and I think it's pretty normal for some doctors to wait until the 12 week mark before they see a pregnant patient just because things are usually progressing on their own naturally and whatever may happen is going to happen regardless during that time frame, as harsh as it is.  I'm sure your baby is healthy and growing perfectly. <3  I feel similar in that I've known I was pregnant since roughly the end of June and my first appointment still hasn't happened yet (it is tomorrow though and I am both thrilled and terrified).  Hang in there!
  • orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D: 3/18, 8wk6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: I think we’ll find out. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Jolly Rancher?

Upcoming appts: I had my first midwife appt today and was luckily scheduled for my dating ultrasound tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: Anxious. I was kinda expecting to get an ultrasound today, since that’s how it went last pregnancy. Now time is kinda standing still. She didn’t try the doppler, presumably because it’s too hit or miss this early. 

Physically, not the best. I’ve been feeling pretty bloated and nauseous and exhausted every afternoon. But ok in the morning.

Rants/Raves: I’m so moody cos I feel terrible and have lots of ultrasound anticipation anxiety. Sorry, husband!

Questions: I only bought two pairs of full panel maternity jeans from Gap last time and low-key hated them. The crotch was always slouching down to my knees (or so I felt). I’m thicker through hips and thighs and stretch jeans/jeggings have never worked great for me, so that might be part of the problem. I basically just wore my Storq leggings whenever possible. Anyone have recommendations for jeans? 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved?  I was just thinking about how I’d love to get lost in a great novel. I’m in grad school, so most of my reading has been related to my classes (or else parenting). So. I loved both of Janet Lansbury’s books and The Transforming Power of Affect by Fosha and Mothers, An Essay on Love and Cruelty, by Jacqueline Rose.
  • @lusineg darnit thanks for pointing out the dates thing--I thought it was a weirdly large amount of days! if i mess something up again, please tag me in it so i can fix it! i haven't been able to do screens very often bc they make me feel seasick, and then when i am feeling alright, it's not a good time for me to sit down in front of a computer and catchup, so i haven't been on my phone or laptop much and feel bad not participating in this community as much as i'd like! can't wait for nausea to lessen so i can jump back in. anyway. i do login once a day at least, so i'll notice a tag! thanks and sorry again.
  • @kagesstarshroom thank you for posting the weekly thread. You don't have to apologize about a date mix up—nbd!

I’m sorry about screens making your nausea worse. We can have someone take over the weekly posts to help you out until you feel better too. 

• @silverhope I just post when when I see it hasn't been done yet on Monday (same w/ PGAL) =) always hoping I'll feel good enough to reply to prompts =/ So yeah, any time it isn't done and it's a Monday, anyone can post it! <3 Hoping to feel better soon..... ! Ugh.
  • @kagesstarshroom I hope your sensitivity to screens goes away soon :( 
  • @orbmaker FX for a great ultrasound today!  I am having my first US today and I'm so excited and nervous!  Doesn't feel real.  Except for the moodiness and bloatedness and insane fatigue, of course, lol.
  • @kagesstarshroom - Oh, it's nothing! I didn't even notice it, no biggie at all. I hope the screen sickness goes away!

@Malidocious @orbmaker (I feel like there is someone else with an appointment today) - FX for a smooth ultrasound today! My appointment is this evening. I'm still nervous as to what exactly to expect! I was told that I didn't have to worry about coming with a full bladder, and that most likely they'll do an abdominal u/s, but may do a t/v if there's an issue with the abdominal. I though that a full bladder is better for an abdominal? I should just call and ask, but instead I'll sit here and stress over nothing. :)

• @lusineg I was told to come with a full bladder, but because they want to do a urine test.  I read in my upcoming appointment notes that a transvaginal was put in my procedures area, so that's why I'm thinking mine will be t/v, otherwise I would have gone in expecting an abdominal US.  My appointment isn't until 1 PM.  This morning is dragging!
  • @Malidocious @lusineg, good luck today! My first ultrasound at 10 weeks with DD was t/v and I’m expecting the same, esp since I’m only 9 weeks. I hardly noticed what was going on down there cos I was so excited to see the little flashing gummy bear! And I got a great picture. 
  • @Malidocious - You're almost there! Keep us posted. My portal notes didn't mention anything.
    @Orbmaker - That's what I initially expected. I guess I just worry that the image won't come out right. Hoping for a great appointment and photo too. Thank you!! 

So I called and was told that I didn't need to have a full bladder, and they'd do an abdominal. But, it still doesn't make sense to me.I feel like I should have a full bladder if it's abdominal this early, and should have an empty one if it's t/v. I just hope that the appointment doesn't get messed up because of what I was told.

• @Malidocious @orbmaker @lusineg Good luck ladies!!!! FX and positive thoughts ur way! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
  • @lusineg My OB's office says we never have to have a full bladder for any u/s. Hm!
  • Thanks @mrsc918 and @orbmaker and @Malidocious! They didn't want a full bladder, no urine test, just a t/v. The tech didn't know why I was told they'd be doing an abdominal, though. I came with a mid filled bladder just in case lol.

• Reporting back!!  I had my first appointment yesterday afternoon and it was so exciting!!  They did an abdominal ultrasound first and took some pictures of my little bean, who is measuring exactly 9w+6d today! <3  EDD is March 13th which is absolutely great to me because I love Friday the 13th, lol!  Then they had me use the restroom and give my urine sample before doing a transvaginal ultrasound and that was even cooler because I got to see the little bean up closer and I could see everything — the head, body, legs, arms and cord.  Baby was almost dancing in there (almost the exact same dance that the groundhog from Caddyshack does LOL), just squirming along.  The heartbeat flicker was AMAZING.  Strong little heart rate of 171.  I posted a picture of the US in the ultrasound thread!  :) 

Then I met with the nurse to answer a ton of medical questions before eventually getting with an OB* and getting a pap and a breast exam.  I scheduled some follow up appointments, got a shit-ton of blood drawn, and was finally done, three hours later, lol.

*I haven't actually met my OB yet because she has been unfortunately out of the office due to a terrible circumstance.  TW - she is a cancer survivor who is unable to have healthy pregnancies on her own, so she had been using a surrogate.  The surrogate was 21 weeks pregnant with the last of my OB's embryos when she unexpectedly miscarried a few weeks ago.  So tragic.  My OB has been trying to come back to work slowly, but this line of work is obviously incredibly difficult for someone going through such a sensitive situation.  I sort of want to just stick with the OB I've been seeing, because I'm used to her, but I also don't want to hurt my OB anymore than she's already hurting.
  • @Malidocious oh my gosh. Your poor OB. 

• EDD/W+D: March 19/9 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): sushi roll

Upcoming appts: OB appt Sept. 4

How are you feeling?: Tired. School starts again in 2.5 weeks and I’m hoping to have the energy to keep up with 20 preschoolers. Usually I drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day so wish me luck!

Rants/Raves: 
    I'm feeling ultra lazy in the last two weeks before school starts. Each time I try to motivate myself to do something I end up snuggling with my cats and watching more TV. I seriously need to take a shower....
    Rave: My SIL just got engaged! So we will be celebrating with her this weekend. And my mama will be here on Sunday!

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved?
    I read Where the Mountain Meets the Moon when it was part of a school-wide reading event and it was actually pretty good.  @Faithoverfear716 I read that book a few years back then bought A Man Called Ove which I think is a prequel. I haven't quite finished it but it's good too.

@Malidocious I'm a fan of Friday the 13th as well. My husband and I met on a Friday the 13th and we celebrate whenever one comes up! So glad your appointment went well
  • EDD/W+D: 3/18, 9w 2 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: not sure yet. Didn’t find out with our two girls but leaning towards knowing this time 

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan (!?)

Upcoming appts: sept 4 for 12 wk appt with my Ob. Last time I saw her was in May for my annual and I told her we were thinking about trying again. She predicted I would be back to see her in a few months and she was right!

How are you feeling?: okay. Off and on nausea. Feeling like I’m just eating all day to keep it at bay and feeling pretty bloated and gross because of that. 

Rants/Raves: my husband just started back at work (works in the school system) and is also coaching this year. He has barely been home the last few weeks and I am running on empty with our two girls at home. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? Ugh. I need to up my book game. I read half of Michelle Obama’s book and need to finish it. Loving the suggestions here.