Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 8/12

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What popular movie or TV show have you never seen?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 8/12

• Loading the player...
  • @emeraldduchess Add me to the bitterness club! I don't love that I feel this way but I just can't help it. Fx for the progesterone and TI!

@jennifer_louise I am the same way! I literally watch the same old shows over and over even though I've seen them a million times. I'm such a creature of habit. lol.

@mokay19 Hope AF shows up soon! Mine normally takes about 3-4 days after Provera if that helps at all.

@ruby696 Oh so are you taking injections in the morning and at night? I just sent an email to my nurse but yeah you are probably right, I'll bring a cooler with me. So excited for you too!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 I’m no help with your question, but I’m so excited for you that IVF is so soon! 

@emeraldduchess I hope your appointment goes well on Thursday! I saw your post in WTO as well and I’m really sorry everything is dumping down on you at once. Hugs to you!

@jennifer_louise I totally missed it / have a bad memory but where’d you go? Going back to work after vacation is the worst! Sorry you are struggling, we’re all here for you ❤️

@mokay19 I hope YH’s SA goes well tomorrow! Refresh my memory, what were the results of his first one? Hopefully the provera does it’s job ASAP! 

@ruby696 ahhh it’s happening! I’m so excited for you and hope the side effects aren’t too bad for you!
  • @jennifer_louise sorry about the fragile mental state :/ ... but my mouth watered reading about your bagel!

@ruby696 so happy that it's happening for you!  FX that the shots remain easy peasy with minimal side effects... other than awesome eggs of course.

@b_1029 I hate when people ask that question.  I want to slap them and tell them to rethink their words.  How many days past trigger are you now?  My DH's SA from earlier this year had elevated leukocytes so he took a antibiotic and was supposed to retest after but never did (men... *eyeroll* ) so I told him that he has to redo it before we start IVF since that would cause issues for that.  He was sick during the first sample so I'm hoping it was just some contamination but idk.  There's the blood-testes barrier so sickness shouldn't effect it and maybe I'm just being hopeful... idk.

@hanshotfirst77 yea, it's taken my body anywhere from 1 day to 10ish days to get a period after Provera... I think I've taken it close to 10 times so we'll see what this time brings!

@inthewoods23 sorry about all the confusion with the bleeding and meds... I spotted for a few days after my hysteroscopy and when I stopped the BC I never bled again.  If you don't start bleeding over the weekend, I would just mention that to your doctor because they might just start your baseline right away if you don't have a lining to shed.

• @hanshotfirst77 Yes, I have four a day because my ovaries are old and useless. 😂Lupron in the stomach and then an intramuscular of follistim and menopur. I've only done the lupron so far, but it's been easy.

@b_1029 yay for only one person asking rude, intrusive questions! Sad that we should be excited about that. Also, I'm surprised that you didn't get a second line after triggering, but on the plus side, now you don't have to worry about whether a second line is real in a couple of weeks. ❤

@inthewoods23 I'm so excited for you! It's impossible not to have doubts. I'm right there with you. ❤
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited August 2019
    @mokay19 ahhh gotcha. I hope it was just because he was sick! Sounds like a typical man 😂 my H finally has a primary care appt next week after me begging him literally since the month after we started TTC. Aka since December 2017. Slow clap. I’m at 12 days past trigger! I felt like my ovary was exploding 2 days after so my guess is that was O even though that would be a late O for me (I typically am consistent on CD 12 and this was 14) so who knows. 

@kpearse99 hey, whatever helps you keep a positive mindset! The beads themselves may not do anything but at least it’s a good reminder! I hope all the timing works out well with your trip!

@ruby696 I don’t think I worded that well haha, there was a second line but now the tests are coming back blank! I was just hoping for something by now but I am impatient. 

@inthewoods23 I’m glad everything is moving right along! I think it’s totally normal to have those doubts. Just know that for each one of your negative thoughts, there are a million positive ones from all of us on here! I know I’m very hopeful for everyone but myself! 

Eta tags
  • @hanshotfirst77 I'm just so excited that it's almost IVF time for you!!!

@emeraldduchess I'm really glad you responded well to the progesterone!  I hope you're able to start feeling positive again, I know it was rough weekend for you emotionally, bitterness is never a good feeling.  Also, I've never watched any of the Real Housewives shows either - I'm not into those types of reality tv shows.

@jennifer_louise I feel ya on the fragile state, it has been a challenge to get myself out of it - hang in there!  Going back to work after a period of time off is never fun! I really didn't want to go in today either, I so badly just wanted to work from home!

@mokay19 I'm really hoping AF arrives soon for you, now that you've finished the provera.

@b_1029 what do you mean by "testing out the trigger" isn't it just a one time shot to get the LH surge for O? Sorry, I'm still new to this whole process and I'll be doing the trigger shot sometime within this week, hopefully, so I'm curious!

@inthewoods23 I know the feeling you have about wanting to believe it's going to work but also having a feeling that it won't - I'm trying to block those feelings out from entering my own head about this first IUI!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I've never heard of those bracelets, but now I kind of want one! 😆 FX so hard for you this cycle!

@mokay19 I hope YH has great test results tomorrow! And I hope your bloating goes away soon. That's always so uncomfortable and I always feel so self-conscious 
  • @kpearse99 the trigger was HCG so I’ve been taking a cheapie pregnancy test every morning! I was curious to see how long it lasted in my system. Basically the idea is to see if a + test at the end of my cycle is a true + or just leftover from the trigger. Plus I was super excited to see a positive test even though it was fake 😂
  • kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited August 2019
    @ruby696 who knows if it will do anything but it's pretty and also a diffuser so you can add oils to it (which I've been doing with either the "Calm" blend or the "Stress" blend!)

Here's the link:
    https://www.vitalityextracts.com/products/fertility-diffuser-bracelet 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Update: bagel was delicious

@b_1029 I'm so sorry for the blank HPTs. Even if you already have, I won't give up hope for you this cycle yet! And AFM- I was in MN.
    **TW somebody's LC**
    My college bestie had a baby this summer so we went to meet him. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, the child is adorable, but I was reminded that newborns are hard and when I heard him scream in the middle of the night it was small consolation that I could roll over and go back to sleep. 
    The second half of the week we were camping with my family! 

@hanshotfirst77 maybe I just don't want to "waste my time" on new shows? Not sure exactly why, but being a creature of habit definitely contributes!

@mokay19 like others, I hope the SA looks great! I do think being sick can contribute but also I know nothing about it. So, FX it's looking good. 

@inthewoods23 the doubt is normal, friend. It's hard to have all your hopes riding on something. I personally think you will be graduating in September! The odds are in your favor! 

@kpearse99 Oooh so this is your first IUI cycle? Yay, fx so hard! 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited August 2019
    @kpearse99 I've never believed in crystals but I need all the help I can get. I totally just bought one. Hopefully it will be here soon! 

Eta: grammar 
  • @hanshotfirst77 So exciting that you start stims this week! Keeping everything crossed you get some good eggs!

@emeraldduchess Your feelings are completely valid. Glad you are choosing to look at the positive with your longer LP. Hope your appointment on Thursday goes well!

@jennifer_louise Sorry you’re in a fragile state right now. I hear you on trying to avoid all the triggers, it’s so hard. Hope you have a smooth first day back at work. And yay for the upcoming RE appointment!

@mokay19 Hope the bloating goes away soon. GL with your H’s SA!

@ruby696 So exciting you are starting stims. Hope the side effects are very minimal!

@b_1029 Sorry everything is coming up blank. <3 That’s the most annoying question that people ask and I just dread it. How do you usually respond? I usually say we’re not sure, or when we’re ready.. but I’m really tempted to just be snarky and say we can’t or we’re dealing with IF just to shut them down. 

@inthewoods23 It’s hard to be 100% positive when you’ve been through so much and it makes sense that you don’t want to get your hopes up too high. I’m rooting so hard for this FET to be a success! We’re all here for you no matter what happens <3

@kpearse99 Hope the timing works out for you! I’ve never heard of the bracelets, but doesn’t hurt to try it right?
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @b_1029 ohhh got it! That's different than the LH trigger shot I'll be doing then! I guess that's why I got confused!

@ruby696 Yes!!! Same here - that's exactly how I felt about it... I never really believed in the "healing" power that many people claim crystals have, or any other power behind them, but it can't hurt to have a little faith in it at this point, right?!  If wearing a pretty little bracelet gives me a constant reminder to feel good and positive than why not?!

@jennifer_louise yes, it is my first IUI cycle!! I'm getting pretty excited about it, not gonna lie!
    Our TTC Journey

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited August 2019
    @misshelen86 this girl phrased it as “do you guys want kids?” Rather than “when are you having kids?” so I still have yet to use my snarky “once our IF ends” answer haha. I’m still just waiting for it. I just said yes and then she was like “oh so eventually?” and I said we had been trying for a while. She then went on to tell success stories of people she knows, ya know, the usual. 

@jennifer_louise ahhh now I want a bagel! But I’m also trying to drop like 10# in 10 days (LOL) before my SIL’s bachelorette party because one activity is on a boat sooooo. Sounds like a fun week, and I’m glad meeting him wasn’t too bad!

@kpearse99  oh that makes sense! I had no idea there were different kinds of trigger shots! I’m very excited for you!!

@shoogapoff lol I know right? The night we did the shot, I told DH I was so pumped to wake up and take a pregnancy test (for probably the first time since like month 3 or 4 of TTC haha) since I KNEW it would be positive. He was just like, uhhhh ok. I also stress about timing with all of this- I think because I’m no longer in control- but doctors know what they’re doing so I’m just trying to trust it. As far as IUI- I have heard either (that it’s pointless or it’s not) so it’s really hard to tell. I know it has worked for some people though, so FX for you!

Edited- missed a tag!
  • Aaaah! I was scrolling up and missed the two posts that fell before the jump!

@hanshotfirst77 Yay for getting this show on the road! I have no advice, but am so excited for you!

@emeraldduchess I'm so sorry about your BFN and AF starting. It goes without saying, but there have been so many times where I have told MH "This isn't even a little bit fair." And that's how I feel for you right now. Thinking about you, lady, and still holding out all kinds of hope.
  • @shoogapoff I haven't read many articles on IUI's (yet) but my RE is very positive about them, especially as a plan of action for us. I don't really see how they would be a waste of time when it's injecting the sperm directly into your uterus, completely passing the cervix and cervical mucus.  I mean, there's still no guarantee and sure, it's the closest thing to just having sex to get KU but with sex the sperm still need to make it through the cervix and CM....so this is just making the odds a little better, ya know?

Also, I feel ya on the anxiety of not being able to time the IUI just right. I'm nervous for that too for my first cycle doing it (this cycle) as I'll be away for work on CD 15-17.  I tend to O around CD 18ish but still....I just don't want to waste a medicated cycle since you can only do so many of them, ya know?!
    Our TTC Journey

• @b_1029 I didn't know there were different types either - but maybe there isn't and I'm wrong??  I just know that me RE explained the trigger to me by saying that it will make sure my brain is telling my ovaries to release the egg.
    Our TTC Journey

• @misshelen86 I’ve slowly been reading that book and think it’s great! I still haven’t gotten to the coping skills part. Glad you’re enjoying it and it seems to be helping!

@bluetickgal I know, I think back and I’m sure I did. I know for sure I asked my ex bf but I didn’t know they were struggling. Now I feel so bad about it! As far as the RE, I would ask about tests they run, typical treatment plans based on diagnoses, and that type of thing. I came with a list of questions the first time but found my RE more or less answered them all when she was talking. It was super overwhelming to me with all the info but a lot of it I already knew from research + the ladies here! 
  • @kiki047 I won't be too far behind you with my IUI!! I'm really excited for you for this cycle!! I know it's scary and I know it's hard to wrap your head around the fact that you need help getting pregnant, because who ever thinks they are going to need help, right?  I've struggled, and still do, with that - everything is completely normal looking for us - as in there were no issues with our testing and everything points to the fact that we should be able to get KU on our own...so why haven't we?  Why do we need to do medicated cycles and IUI's if we are technically healthy and capable of doing this naturally?! And yet, here we are.  So I know where your feelings are coming from.  I'll be lurking to see others response on what to expect post IUI, as far as what questions you've already asked, as I've never done this before either.  You're not alone though, so know that!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 That's how I feel about IUI in my head. Especially after watching "The Great Sperm Race", I feel like IUI has to help, since it's basically bypassing all of the treacherous waters leading up to meeting the egg. I'm just choosing to stay positive about it.

@bluetickgal Of course! Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer"
  • @shoogapoff let's be positive together!! <3
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 you hit the nail on the head about how my DH and I feel with unexplained IF/RPL. There's no medical reason (that we know) why this isn't happening for us. I saw some fertility bracelets on Etsy but I don't know if they were crystals or not.  I say get them, it doesn't hurt!

@shoogapoff I wouldn't get too worked up over the negative things you hear about IUI. It works for some, but not for others and everyone picks what's best for them.  If you RE is optimistic, then you should be too. 

@jennifer_louise I hope the transition back to work is smooth! What kind of bagel did you get? Inquiring minds need to know! I hear you on trying to avoid triggers. I feel like the time between a confirmed BFN and about CD3 or are the hardest for me. Probably a mix of hormones and disappointment. 

@mokay19 FX for good SA results tomorrow! My DH dragged his feet on getting his SA, too. He stopped complaining and hesitating about his side of testing after seeing my hycosy and all the bloodwork I've had done. I haven't called the RE about getting my period, they didn't say anything about me needing to do that. Their instructions were just to stop the progesterone and make a follow-up appointment. It will be CD5 on Thursday so they might be able to at least do some extra monitoring this cycle. 

@ruby696 glad day 1 of stims went well! I hope that if you have any side effects from the combo of meds, they're mild. 

@b_1029 glad you had a nice time at the wedding despite the nosy question. I like the snarky answer you have prepared. I might steal it to use on certain over-opinionated people in my life. ;)

@misshelen86 I'm glad you're focusing on coping with the stress. I might have to check out that book. I hear you on trying to sift through all the conflicting info out there.   

@kiki047 hiiiiiii!!! Good luck with IUI this week! Crossing everything for you. So many hugs to you, I know that "broken" feeling. <3 

@inthewoods23 uuuuuuggggghhhh to the bleeding and confusion. That blows.  I hope that the hysteroscopy bleeding stops so that you'll be able to tell when AF starts. 
  • @emeraldduchess It's such a struggle to wrap your head around, right? I honestly find myself constantly going back to that thought or feeling.  I just don't get it.  I know it's better that everything is "normal" and "healthy" for us and that all of our tests came back great, than to say that my eggs are bad or he has no swimmers or that I needed surgery... I know I am really fortunate that our tests came back perfect, but at the same time... it makes it a little harder to wrap your head around then, because there should be nothing holding us back. 

As my doctor said to me once, and I've been holding on to this quote for the last few weeks after he said it... "There is more than one way to win!" .... hopefully that phrase will help you too!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kiki047 Yes, post here, we've missed you! It's a complicated feeling knowing you need ART. I was mortified the first time I walked into my RE's office - like I was ready to duck behind a plant if anyone saw me. I was surprised by the level of embarrassment I felt because I needed help doing what should come naturally. Sending hugs. ❤
  • @b_1029 I’m sure I have at some point too, but it has definitely made me more conscious to not do it now! Thanks so much! Haha, I kind of have a feeling I’ll write out all these questions too, and then he’ll answer all of them before I ask them! That’s ok though...at least I’ll have the info we wanted, and probably way more! 

@kiki047 hi, I’ve joined since you were active...although I’m pretty sure I saw you post when I was still lurking. Sorry for the broken feeling, it makes total sense to me though! I don’t get why my body won’t do what it is supposed to do, even with meds...I either can’t get pregnant or can’t stay pregnant. I think it is amazing that there are things out there to help us with that though! I’ll be crossing my fingers that the IUI works for you!! 

@shoogapoff I love that! Thanks for sharing!! 
  • @bluetickgal we are appointment twins this week! FX DH can get his SA done. 
  • @kiki047

Just kidding, friend! Welcome back ❤️. Yeah it's sometimes hard to jump in on here because it's basically an acceptance of the IF situation. But we all missed you, and we're right here with you! 

@emeraldduchess it was an everything bagel, easy on the cream cheese. 👌I used to only feel depressed CD1-CD3 ish but lately it can come on at any time during the cycle (even after HIO, which is awkward 😬). The good news, it makes AF less hard by comparison. She's always expected.

@bluetickgal limbo is a terrible place to be. Hope you can move on soon! I'm glad your RE appt is so soon, how exciting! Can you do me a favor and make a list of all your Q's so I know what to ask at the end of the month? TYVM! (lol jk).