February 2020 Moms

Any single moms or unplanned blessings?

Hi there, I’m a soon-to-be single mother to this unplanned blessing! My boyfriend and I have been together 5 months and I’m 11 weeks and 3 days today. He is a great person but is 100% not ready to be a father, where as I was ready to be a mom the moment that stick said I was pregnant.

I know The Bump has a handful of threads for single moms, but I would love to start one here for moms going through the same ups and downs associated with our due date!

Re: Any single moms or unplanned blessings?

• Loading the player...
  • I am not a single mom anymore, but I was for a time there.  It was rough at times, but parenting can be in general.  I am glad you are here and I hope we can support you on your journey.
  • @fallonpartyfor2 Can I ask how old you guys are? I bet it's a shock for him since being a dad wasn't on his radar at all. I hope he comes around. It's still early, it probably doesn't seem real yet. 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• I’ll +1 to what @rikiteacup said. It’s harder for a dad-to-be to grasp the concept of a baby early, especially when they haven’t had it on their radar. Our first was planned and it still didn’t really click for my H until he could feel kicks. I do hope he comes around, but I’m sure you’ll be a fabulous, loving mom either way! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @rikiteacup and @ibabyloveb87, I'm 28 and dad-to-be is going to be 31 soon. Luckily, I have a huge support system and very supportive family or else I don't know how I would be managing! I agree with what @rikiteacup
    said about it being early, I don't think it's hit dad that this is real yet... maybe once I start showing it'll be real for him!
  • @fallonpartyfor2 I'd be so grateful for support! My partner was excited intially for our baby and then some how, lost his mind and accused me of carrying another man's baby. I've spent the last three years dedicating my life to him, so now we aren't together and damn, is it painful. I live in a foreign country away from my family and his family have attacked me based on these lies. 

It's not really the dream I hoped it would be but I just feel like now is not the time to break down, I couldn't be more in love with the idea of becoming a mother. I'm in my mid 30s,  have the means to support myself so I'm trying to embrace every silver lining possible.... Now if only I could catch a break from all this crying!? Those first trimester feels are rocking. 
  • @raspberrycustard I am so sorry you are dealing with that! 
  • Thankyou! Gosh it's hard to see the forest from the trees but it's so helpful to hear and read the experiences of others, makes me feel less alone. 
  • Not a single mom but this babe is definitely unplanned. Good luck to all the single moms in here, my friends that have done solo parenting say it is both the greatest and hardest thing they have ever done.
  • @raspberrycustard I’m so sorry you’re being disrespected in that way! Do you want him in the baby’s life at all? If not, I totally understand and I wouldn’t push it any further. If you do, or are okay with the idea of it, I’d get paternity testing done so that he has to pay child support. 
  • edited August 2019
    @doodledoodle it would be ideal to have my baby's father around, but not for my own good. Frankly I don't really care if he pays child support or not, I'm quite self sufficient - if I have the means, I'd rather not allow him the leverage. The irony of getting paternity testing, he would certainly know he's the father then! I believe he knows full well that I'd never betray him, he's just trying to make himself a victim in the face of responsibility. Emotional intelligence is not his strong suit.