April 2020 Moms

STM+ Check In August

EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/14 or 4 weeks based on LMP. I expect that to change at my first appointment.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS turned 2 in July

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?
Doing good. Some days he's so sweet and other days are all tantrums. Definitely feel like 2 is gonna be a hard age with the tantrums. I do love this age and how much he's learning and talking.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family?
Seeing DS be a big brother. I was an only child and hated it, so I knew I always wanted my kid to have a sibling.

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I just worry in general about handling schedules of 2 kids. We have such a good routine with DS that I worry about changing that

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I want to attempt to eat healthier and keep my BP down to avoid an induction again.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ Check In August

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/3 5W4D based on LMP

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is just about 16 months

He's doing ok. We are in the middle of a move and living with my parents while DH starts his job out in NYC. DS is handling it like a champ but misses his dad and sleep has kind of gone out the window.

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? I’m so excited for DS to have a sibling. He is super social and I hope he is going to love having a build in buddy at home.

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? This happened a lot faster than we expected. It took a year and a half and *TW* two miscarriages *end TW* before I got pregnant with DS. I was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease and so my OB thinks having that under control might have made things go a bit faster. Trying to think positive and not about my past history! I am concerned because I will need to be looking for a job in a few months after I stop working remotely in my current role and I have no idea what a job search when pregnant will be like. A little stressed.

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I'm gluten free now thanks to Celiac disease so that will be a change. I'm really hoping that I can be more present with this pregnancy. My last one I was so worried the entire time that I feel like I didn't get the chance to enjoy it.

@mercury94 I second the double the daycare worry! We are moving to a part of the country where daycare is twice as expensive and with two kids it will be more than our rent!

@Kathryn0903 my DS has started laying down randomly in grocery stores when he gets frustrated. Hasn't yet gotten to a tantrum yet, he just lays there as if he's given up on us haha
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: according to my calculations i think I’m about 5 weeks 1 day.  I assume it could change at my first appointment though.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS1 is 10 and DS2 turns 8 next month.

They are good!  We’ve been enjoying summer, but they go back to school tomorrow!

I’ve wanted a 3rd for so long, our family just doesn’t feel complete.  I think this baby is our missing puzzle piece!

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I think my youngest is going to struggle a bit with not being the “baby” anymore.  He’s the more sensitive of the two for sure lol.  Just a general concern as well, I had a miscarriage last September, and I’m slightly terrified I’ll lose this one too.  I’m trying to be optimistic!

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? This will be our last so I want to make sure I soak it in and enjoy every second!!
  • @sunshinedays-2 Yeah. Daycare for 2 kids will be more than our mortgage. It’s so expensive, but DS is at a really great school, so I don’t want to find somewhere cheaper. Good luck with the move and the upcoming job hunt. I can’t imagine doing all that while pregnant. 

@rae2919 Wishing you a sticky take home baby. I’m sure it will be an adjustment for the kiddos, but it’s such a blessing. This is likely also my last, so I’m going to use your positive attitude and focus on every bit of it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 I'm concerned about 2 in daycare, too. DH was hoping DS would be in the preschool room where rates were lower when we had 2. Hopefully, he can move to the jr preschool room shortly after he turns 3.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Edd/weeks+days: April 12(ish?) I'm not entirely sure since I haven't had a PP period yet.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3 and 9 months

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? It will be interesting to have 2 kids close in age. 

What are your concerns? I am high risk and had cholestasis both pregnancies. I know more than likely this babe will be a preemie too. It's  hard knowing you will have a preemie no matter what. I'm hoping my body can handle this. I'm very concerned about only being 9 months PP after a c section. 

Anything you are doing differently this pregnancy? I'm just trying to survive, haha. I'm hoping I can still BF through the first trip. It will get ds1 to a year and I will be happy with that. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/6. I'm 5+1 today.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD will be 2 in October.

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She's doing great. I know I'm biased, but she's the best kid. She's curious, smart, and fun and is usually a sweetheart, except when toddler brain takes over, lol. My SIL is currently pregnant and DD is obsessed with "Auntie Natalie baby tummy," so I'm hoping it will be pretty easy to introduce the idea of "Mommy baby tummy" when we're ready for her, and therefore the entire world, to know.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? I'm really looking forward to fostering a good sibling relationship. H and I are both really close with our brothers, and we've always wanted that for our kids as well. I'm also looking forward to snuggling a squishy baby again. :)

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I'm worried about how having a newborn will impact DD's sleep, and also about her being jealous since she currently gets not only all Mommy and Daddy's attention, but also all of her grandparents' attention.

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? Not particularly... I feel lucky that had a pretty easy time with DD (knock on ALL the wood), so I don't feel the need to make any big changes. I will just need to make sure I take care of myself physically since this pregnancy will roughly line up with the school year and I won't have summer break in the middle of it.
  • @soprano19 I'm worried about sleep with DS, too. He's mostly been a good sleeper and I'm so worried about that with a newborn being in the next room.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:
    4/5/2020 / 5w3d

How old is/are your other kid(s)?
    DD Turns 3 in October

my little one is very smart and absolutely not afraid of anything! she is my own personal little terrorist angel :smiley:

We have always wanted 2 kids so its perfect!

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family?
    After trying for 2 years I had a perfect pregnancy! then two miscarriages and now pregnant again. My fear is that I wont be able to add to my family. Once Baby does get here I will then have to worry about day care for 2 since my mom is "retiring" in January.

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy?
    I want to track my pregnancy with photos. Looking back at my first full term I only have a few sporadic pictures, not any kind of pattern or progression and it makes me sad. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/3/2020 5w4d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 2.5

Good for the most part. The tantrums are going strong over here as well. Sweet as an angel one minute, exorcist the next, but that's toddler life for ya. 

I have always wanted 2, so I'm glad for that. Also, glad DD gets to be a big sister. She LOVES babies. 

Just the adjustment and expenses of another child. Also, not sleeping again during the newborn phase is gonna suck.

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I worked night shift throughout my entire first pregnancy, so I'm glad I will be on a more normal schedule with this one. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/4/20, 5w3d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD turned 2 in May

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? If you had asked me 2 days ago I would’ve had a different answer. We started potty training recently and she was so resistant it was making my head explode, but we’ve finally turned a corner and I’m so proud of her. Potty training stress aside though, she’s amazing. She’s so bright, social, curious, and kind. I love being her mommy.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? I’m looking forward to giving DD a sibling. Both my husband and I come from a family of 4 so it’s all we know. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? DD is so attached to us that I worry about how she’ll adjust to a new baby. I will be so sad if she’s sad :cry:

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I’d like to be more active. I had really bad round ligament pain and awful carpal tunnel last time that made it difficult. I’m hoping this time will be better!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 good job in potty training. I'm terrified of doing it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wifeinraleigh28 and everyone else concerned about how your little will react to new baby, I was very concerned too. Ds1 was basically with me all day every day (SAHM) so I worried about how he would react to me splitting my time. He did really well. The big thing is he bonded with the baby before he was born. He would kiss my belly every morning and talk to his baby brother. It helped him be a part of the process. I made sure to talk to him every day about the baby and where he was, etc. When we finally got ds1 home (he spent 21 days in NICU), I made sure to still do one on one time when ds2 was sleeping. The biggest thing that I can't stress enough tho, is do not deviate from the routine! That routine helps keep them grounded, so when you can stick to it like glue. I really think it was a major factor in ds1 adjusting so well. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/15 (although that might change)

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Son turned 4 in June.

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Great! Gaining independence like crazy and is so silly and fun to be around. We've also recently introduced an "okay to wake" clock in his room and his sleep has gotten so much better. No more 5:30am mornings!

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? My husband and I each have a sibling and have always wanted two. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? The early years were really tough on me physically and emotionally, so I'm nervous about doing it all again, five years older (I'm turning 36 next week). We also live in an expensive area, so I'm nervous about what it will do to our budget. I know it will work out in the end and we'll have options, but it's one of the things I think about a lot.

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I was pretty active the first time around, but have gotten out of shape a little in the last year or so. I really want to be intentional about taking care of my body this time.
  • EDD/Weeks+days: Due date 4/1. I'm 6 weeks today.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 6 and my youngest DS is 2. 

Both are doing good. My oldest is beyond excited and keeps calling the baby "sister". My youngest is still a mommas boy. Wants to be near me allll the time. 

Seeing my boys love on the baby & hopefully adding a girl to to the mix. Either way we'll be totally happy if it's another boy! 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Adjusting to 3 kids. My DS is 6 and pretty much independent. My baby is 2 so he still needs momma. It'll be interesting to see how I can adjust to 2 under 2. 

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? To eat healthier and exercise. This might be our last baby, so I want to take weekly bump pictures. Also keep this pregnancy to ourselves as long as we can!.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @NiceyMeany I also had pre-e last pregnancy and am worried about having issues again this time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/2 5+6 based on LMP but I expect to move back to 4/6ish

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD will be 2 in December 

She is awesome! I am starting to make moves with the big future change in mind. This week we are dropping her zippadee zip. She sleeps so well in it, and has always used it, so I had a ton of anxiety about it. She’s been a champ though. I’m considering doing a transition from crib to floor bed next. 

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? My girl is going to be such a great big sister. She is quite the leader (my feminist branding of bossy and demanding). She loves other kids so much, and isn’t exposed to them much (nanny). 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? My biggest concern is just getting through the 8 week u/s and being sure this is for real for real. 

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? if I can help it I would like to be healthier overall, mentally and physically. My HG last time made me lose a massive amount of weight, have a horrible diet, and just be generally depressed. I developed good coping mechanisms toward the end last time, so I am just focused on employing those if the HG does get me again. 
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• My EDD is 4/6 & I’m 5w4d

DD1 is 7 and DD2 will be 4 next month. 

Good!  My older daughter is wild but so fun and my little one is a typical sassy 3 year old!  

My husband has wanted a third so badly, so seeing him with a baby again will just melt my heart. Also, the only thing my little one wants is to “be a mom and make dinner” so I can’t wait for her to be a big sister.  I also think it will be great that DD1 will be 8 when this little bean is born... I’m hoping she can be helpful! 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? We JUST finally got to a place of general “ease” with our girls. I am scared to go backwards and start all over again.  I had bad anxiety and some depression after my first was born, so I am also really nervous about that. 

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I am in better shape this time around, so hoping to have an overall healthier pregnancy and bounce back more quickly. However, I have been like a human garbage disposal lately, so not off to a good start! 
  • @dmbjrgem24 I hear you on the human garbage disposal feeling. Seriously, I have no desire to eat appropriate food. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 right?! I normally eat pretty well, but I’ve been literally housing food. I made two lunches simultaneously today, because I wanted two different things and couldn’t commit to one. It’s like I’m not satisfied with my choices so I keep moving on to something else.  I don’t remember this with my prior pregnancies, so hoping it will pass soon! 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/20 or 3 weeks 6 days weeks based on LMP. 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS turned 3 in February 

Doing pretty good. Hes just about 3 1/2 and refuses to get rid of the diapers... He is super attached to me and wants my arm around him all the time. Just about to start preschool so im pretty excited for some quiet time while i get it! Haha

I am so excited to see Rocco have a baby brother or sister. I have 2 sisters and my husband has no siblings. I know hiw great it is to have that company. I know hes going to be a great big brother!

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I'm a bit worried with juggling 2 kids. No other worries have hit me yet.

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? Eat healthy (superfoods), take juice plus, move around more.
    My first pregnancy i got a pulmonary embolism at 26 weeks. So from 26 weeks on i was on lovenox and gained a ton of weight. Ive been on lovenox since march so ive already started to gain. I really need to watch myself. 
  • @dmbjrgem24 I hear you about the worries. We also just got to a less stressful period with our four year old and I’m worried about upsetting the balance. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/22 or 4w6d based on LMP. Dating u/s is Sept 9th.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? My DD will be 2 on Sept 8th

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She is so good. Healthy, happy...She is such a charming, kind, and loving kid. I am so proud to see just how much she cares about others already. I mean, sometimes she is throwing her shoes at me and yelling NO .. but hey, life's about balance. 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? My DH has 2 kids from a previous relationship and their mother likes to play games and deny him his parenting time so our DD has sometimes gone months without seeing her siblings. Aside from the obvious of having another little miracle, it will be nice for my daughter to have a sibling that won't be ripped away from her. Also, I always wanted two kids of my own so it is my plan coming together 💕

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Aside from the drama of blended families, my DH is going to be 42 in September so his attitude right now is kinda like "holy sh%$ I'm too old for this." So he is a little grumpy and not as present as I would like.

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I am using a midwife this time which is a welcome change. Besides that, I'd like to focus on being more active and being more assertive during the birth process.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/16 5W4D based on LMP

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS will be 2 in December.

He's really awesome. Genuinely happy unless he's hangry. He gets it from his dad. He's started screaming in stores when he doesn't get his way, so that's embarrassing.

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? Definitely for the kids to have someone to play with. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? It took me a lot of time to recover with DS and I do very poorly on little sleep, so trying to balance the toddler and baby will tough. 

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? Last time I only joined the BMB with a couple months left, so I'd really like to be more active and involved this time around. It's a great support system. And maybe more massages. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4+3. Early days!

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS1 is three, DS2 is 15 months.

I'm a teacher on summer break and it's the end of August. We're lucky to be alive at this point! Ha kidding... They're awesome kiddos but we're all craving a return to routine at this point... I thought the term "threenager" was garbage until having one, man oh man. 

I believe I will feel complete at three. I am excited for that feeling. I'm also eager to see if we have another boy or switch it up with a girl. I will be 100% happy either way but its a different feeling knowing its our last.

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? DS2 is intense, and a total mamas boy so I worry that will be hard. Also the children will outnumber the adults which makes me slightly anxious!

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? Cross my fingers I can avoid HG this time around? Ugh. Not really. Maybe do maternity photos for once?
  • @duckmama03 maternity photos! I thought they were silly in my first pregnancy but now I'm leaning towards them again. Maybe because it won't be happening again? And family portraits are always a win!
  • 5ish weeks. US the 29th for a real live eds

They are 8, 6 and 4

They are ...crazy. School starts Thursday and we are all ready for it! 

I'm looking forward to the interaction between the 4 of them. They are all SO excited to have a baby. 

I'm honestly just concerned about having FOUR kids in general 😳😳😳

Going to do my damn best to not gain a million pounds this time!
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4 weeks + 6 days

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS will be 3 in Sept.

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Sometimes he's a perfect angel, sometimes he's a little monster. As he's gotten closer to being 3, the moments where he's an angel happen more often, but the monster moments - while further apart - have gotten worse!

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? I've always wanted 2 kids, so I feel like our family will be complete once #2 is here.

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? My main concern is my job. Right now, I'm planning to stay home once LO arrives (job barely covers daycare for 2 kids), so I'm nervous about re-entering the workforce and having to sync up that re-entry with a daycare slot opening up (waitlists are like 2 years  :| which is a whole 'nother topic). I'm also looking for something part-time, so I can send LO to MMO instead of FT daycare, but it's hard to find a PT job with those hours. Decisions, decisions!

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I'm hoping to run more/longer this pregnancy. I'd also like to stress less about the weight gain.

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: April 8th | 7w2d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 4, DS is 3, DD is 1 next week (how did that happen? 😢) 

We haven’t told them about the new baby yet. After my MC in May (we hadn’t told them then either) I just want to wait and be sure everything is going well. Both girls are doing fine but my son has turned very clingy! He just wants me to hold him all the time so I make special moments just for him. 

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? DH and I both wanted 4 so I am looking forward to completing our family. You just know your family isn’t done when you feel like someone is missing! 😊 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I KNOW I am going to be sooo tired!! 

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? I don’t want to know the gender this time. I have always wanted to be surprised but it hasn’t worked out. 
  • @momtog89 I’m happy to see another mama on here expecting their 4th! Congrats. 😊😊 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/24 or 5w1d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? SD is 6, DD1 is 3, DD2 is 10 months 

The kids don’t know about the new baby yet.  *TW* we had a loss between DD1 and DD2, we already told the kids about the baby and explaining the loss was really hard

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? 
    More love 

Money!!! This LO wasn’t planned and will make three kids in daycare.  I literally don’t know how we’re going to afford it.  DH keeps trying to calm me down about money and tell me that we’ll figure it out but I’m freaking out. 

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy?
    I’m hoping to get more exercise and enjoy the pregnancy instead of complaining bc this is definitely the last one!  
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/23 and 5 W 2 D

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS1 is 6 and DS2 is 4

Challenging. My 6 year old has a lot of hyperactivity and behavioral issues just to start, and he’s been in counseling but the councilor thinks he needs more examination/testing so we see a psychiatrist next week. The 4year old has some concerning issues as well, but we’re waiting to see how things go in UPK. 

This is FI and I’s first child together, his first biological. I’m looking forward to seeing him go through all the baby years. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Schedules and splitting my tome more with two kiddos who need additional assistance. 

Anything you plan on doing differently? Planned c-section. I had a c-section with my first, and a failed v-bac with my second. Last on told me my uterus around my incision was very very thin and would probably have ruptured if I had labored longer, and highly discouraged trying another v-bac. I’m actually at peace with it, I don’t have to deal with labor AND a c-section for a third time.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/6 8w2d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS turns 4 in October and DD turns 2 in December 

They’re great. They don’t know the news yet, my son wouldn’t know how to keep a secret like that and we don’t plan on telling anyone until atleast our first ultrasound 9/17. 

My son was just over 2 when my daughter was born. So I’m excited to see how he’s differently excited this go around. And my daughter is obsessed with babies, everywhere we go “baby baby baby!” So I can’t wait to see her as a big sister 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I worry in being a momma to 3 kiddos. I’m very thankful my DH works actually gives him 12 weeks paid off so he’ll be home with us for the first few months while we try to figure it all out. 

Anything you plan on doing differently with this pregnancy? This is most likely my last pregnancy (I said that with my DD too lol) but I want to really capture memories with this one. I have so many photos pregnant with my DS but not my DD :( I want to make sure I have the photos to look back on with my kids.