Pregnant after IF
Options

PPROM at 23 weeks

Hey ladies. 
Haven't been in here much lately, but y’all have given me so much support over my long journey of IF, loss and dealing with a SCH so I wanted to update you on the most recent blip on this ridiculous journey. My water broke last week at only 23 weeks, and I’m hospitalized indefinitely until this little rascal makes his appearance. I’m hoping that’s a long time from now, as he’s still way too little for this big world. I just hit 24 weeks on Wednesday (aka viability), which is hopefully the first of many milestones. Any stories of hope, or even just positive vibes, are all welcome ❤️

Re: PPROM at 23 weeks

• Options
    @leilee101 prayers to you and your sweet babe! It sounds like you two are right where you need to be ❤️
  • Options
    @leilee101
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and the little one. 24 weeks is a great milestone and hopefully you'll be able to squeeze a few more weeks out. Even extreme preterm babes do quite well these days so I'm hopeful for the best outcome for you two! We have a handful of 24-28 weekers in our practice and while they have some challenges early on, they're awesome kids ultimately.  <3<3 Hugs for you <3<3
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leilee101 sending you and your babe lots of prayers! There was a girl on here a few years back who was in a similar situation. I believe (if I recall correctly) her water broke even earlier than yours and doctor was telling her the baby wouldn't survive and that she had to terminate the pregnancy. Luckily she didn't listen and her baby stayed in nice and cozy for a while. She went on to have a beautiful baby boy. And like PP said, these things happen and babies grow up beautifully! I know it's stressful for you, but hang in there and FX all turns out OK! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @leilee101 oh dear, that must be so scary. I'm glad he's doing ok so far and I hope your able to keep him baking for quite a while yet without going too stir crazy. please keep us updated.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @leilee101 Sending prayers for you and your baby  <3 I can't even imagine what are you going through. Stay strong.  What is your doctor saying? Can your waters replenish themselves? 
  • Options
    @leilee101 that's quite a scare! A former coworker of mine had their son at 27/28 weeks. It was a long journey, but now he's completely on track with other kids his age and has been since he was 3 years (he's 6 now).
  • Options
    I wish I could click that love button a million times @PoeMasque

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited June 2019
    @leilee101 sending you and your little one all my love , Doll! Hang in there momma you’re doing everything you can for your little guy right now. And YGPM
  • Options
    @leilee101. Sending you the hugest hugs!!! You are such a brave and strong warrior mama already - keep up the awesome work!  I'm sure it's going to be a lot of up and down with the emotions, but I do hope first and foremost you will guard against blaming yourself,  if that has started to creep in, idk.  I know it's hard not to as moms, we blame ourselves over so much less!  But you do know you didn't do anything wrong or to cause it; you did all the things RIGHT by going in right away and getting the best care possible!  Your little fighter is so very lucky to have YOU as his mama!  Please remember that! ❤❤❤

How are you feeling?  How close are we now to 25w?
  • Options
    @leilee101 Thank you for sharing your update.  I know each one of these milestones and week you get to keep your LO inside is helpful.  PP have given you so much great advice.  I will definitely be thinking about you and I hope you can keep us updated.  Great job focusing on one day at a time.  
  • Options
    @BusinessWife thanks lady.. hope you and the little one are doing well! 25 weeks tomorrow 🙌🏽
  • Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    @leilee101 sorry to see you go through this. Good luck with everything. I LL keep you in my prayers
  • Options
    Ah!  Happy 25+1!!!!   🎉🎉🎉  Thank you! Yes, we are good. 9m today.  What a trip...
  • Options
    I hope you're still doing well and baby boy is staying put!

@Tulips29 you are thinking of @ADRIANAC1982! She and I are FB friends and her little boy couldn't be doing better. Her water broke at 16 weeks and she was on hospital bedrest until 34 weeks when they did a C section. Her doctors tried to get her to terminate the pregnancy which is just insane to me. So glad she didn't listen! I'm sure the owner of this thread will do just wonderfully.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    Oh wow!!! @leilee101. So happy to hear you both are hanging in there so well!  What an absolute trooper you are, mama! ♥️