November 2019 Moms
Options

Twat Waffle Tuesday

Re: Twat Waffle Tuesday

• Options
    I'll play today! My younger sister and niece came to stay with me for a few days. I don't get along with my sister, but adore my niece so I was feeling really anxious. Overall her stay was fine but she was just not a good house guest and I felt used for my house. 

She came home a couple nights with a bunch of takeout, didn't call to ask if we wanted any, and then didn't even offer any! LOL - not like I was hungry, but still - I was like ummm that's weird? She also did laundry like 3 times a day...which is whatever...but went through half a case of detergent pods in like 3 days! She also didn't ever ask if she could help with anything around the house or cooking so I would come home exhausted from work and she wouldn't help me unload the dishwasher or set the table or help cook....I just thought it was so weird to not offer to help when you're over someone's place using all their stuff! And then she got miffed because I asked if she could pick me up a loaf of bread - honestly thought she was going to venmo me for it LOL! She didn't want to spend her final day with MH and I so she left on a trip from 6am-9pm.

Blah! I don't know if I'm the one being crazy, but I've had some really good house guests, including my older sister. I'm glad to be home alone with MH though! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mc0303 that sounds terrible and is your sister a teenager? I would be SO mad. Sorry she was such a terrible guest. 
  • Options
    @cl4157 I won't tell baby 😜

@mc0303 that sucks and sounds like she is really inconsiderate. At least it's over with and you got to see your neice 😊
  • Options
    @cl4157 - It isn't like it is the last time they will be your TW haha my daughters definitely get the title on occasion :)

@mc0303 - That would be SO annoying.  I am not a fan of guests in general but a bad guest is THE WORST.  Like why are you here?!?  

My TW for the day is the baby.  Here I was just saying in a different forum that I wasn't having much in the way of back pain and WOOF today he decided that my penance was back pain.  Ow.
  • Options
    @mc0303 omg I would have lost my freaking MIND. Good for you for not strangling her in her sleep!

@Dancer688 I'm having terrible back pain. I woke up in tears about 1:30 this morning because it hurt so bad. Trying to decide at what point I should go see my doctor about it. 

My TW is everyone. Which probably means it's actually me, but whatev 🤷‍♀️ (rant ahead, sorry in advance)

I'm just freaking irritable. I have a box of stuff here for a friend whenever she decides to move out of her current situation. Shes supposed to get it today. So far havent heard from her.

Another friend just being the biggest douchecanoe ever and ignoring me because he "doesn't like that I'm being negative". Refuses to believe that me being negative is a direct result of being ignored. Working on ending that friendship.

My boss once again seemed surprised that I want to stay on day shift. We've talked about it multiple times and he keeps telling me he'll make it work for me, but nothing else comes of it.

The guy who is supposed to be training ke basically bailed after my first day of training. Fine, I mostly understood. But now he keeps bringing me back parts that I pulled wrong, and when I tell him I didn't know he says "well I showed you". Maybe, once, on the first day I started this position, at 6am. And then you left me to figure it out alone. 

Baby is bouncing on my bladder, I think hes mad I'm getting up so early lately lol. The first three hours of work are HELL until he chills. 
  • Options
    My TW is my current daycare for my daughter. They're lack of organization and communication astounds me. I was so livid today because long story short she had two sets of clothes from FRIDAY that were soiled that nobody told her dad about and I just got them tracked down today. Oh, and we all got drinking water notices in the cubbies today because they currently don't have potable water. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm looking into other daycares. I don't really have anything to compare this daycare to, but come on people. 
  • Options
    The ice cream man is the biggest TW.   Ugghh.  First of all, we got an ice cream from him around at the beginning of the summer.  I could not believe that they charge $5 for a freaking popsicle now.  I clearly haven’t bought from the ice cream man in like 20 years, but that seems excessive.  Secondly, this week he keeps driving by our house at bedtime, or right after I tuck my son in.  I’m going to lose it and can’t wait until the kids start school and he doesn’t drive around anymore.  I may be a grinch, but I need my alone time at the end of the day, and having an almost 3 year old run out of bed when he hears it is not doing me any favors.  At least he just calls it the “music truck” and dances to it and doesn’t expect a treat 😂.  
  • Options
    @cl4157 😂 I feel you on the baby! She’ll never know! Lol

@angieeeeee sorry about all the TWs!!! 😤 I get in a really irritable mood and hate everyone about 2-3 times per day 

@dani_0921 wtf with that place?!? No potable water 😧 and no communication?! Hope you find a new place!

and thanks guys! I was feeling crazy for being annoyed...but like really, don’t be a crappy house guest
  • Options
    @dani_0921 that seems like it would be hugely frowned upon to not have potable water in a place of business. Wtf? I dont think you're overreacting at all. 
  • Options
    Why is so much of maternity wear made of lycra and polyester? Pregnant ladies are already dealing with hot flashes, let's add in some non-braathable fabric!

I was so warm while teaching today. I hate sweating in front of the class.
  • Options
    @dani_0921 how can they not have potable water!? One day our daycare had a plumbing issue that they had to get repaired and it was a huge deal. All the kids had to be picked up within 1 hour because operating without water like that would be a big violation of state laws. 
  • Options
    @drama_llama yes to non-breathable fabrics!! I went to the dentist today and got super anxious and triggered a super hot response... I thought I was going to suffocate in my dress
  • Options
    rogro118 said:
    The ice cream man is the biggest TW.   Ugghh.  First of all, we got an ice cream from him around at the beginning of the summer.  I could not believe that they charge $5 for a freaking popsicle now.  I clearly haven’t bought from the ice cream man in like 20 years, but that seems excessive.  Secondly, this week he keeps driving by our house at bedtime, or right after I tuck my son in.  I’m going to lose it and can’t wait until the kids start school and he doesn’t drive around anymore.  I may be a grinch, but I need my alone time at the end of the day, and having an almost 3 year old run out of bed when he hears it is not doing me any favors.  At least he just calls it the “music truck” and dances to it and doesn’t expect a treat 😂.  
    At the beginning of the summer, the ice cream man came around the street at like 5:00, and MH and I were hanging out outside with DS and we thought it would be fun to get him an ice cream. DS also didn't know what it was and still doesn't. So we walk over and DS wanted the ice cream sandwich so we say okay. It was $4.50. I'm sorry... that is ridiculous. Literally the next day I bought a box of 10 ice cream sandwiches for like $3.50 at the grocery store. MH and I were horrified at the price!

@dani_0921 that sounds absolutely inexcusable not to have potable water. Did they say what happened?

@mc0303 a big wtf to your sister... she sounds like an awful houseguest and you are 100% not overreacting.
  • Options
    So, I checked the state website and can't even find them in the system...which I should be able to especially since an ID# was on the handout. I'm waiting to hear back from the director because the handout I got was the vaguest thing ever. I am a chemist, so I understand a decent amount about drinking water requirements and want answers, darn it! 

@drama_llama A-freaking-men to the horrid fabrics a lot of maternity clothes are made of. I just want to be comfy too. I got some leggings on sale from motherhood that I need to pick up today and I'm hoping they don't suck.
  • Options
    @dani_0921 - I would definitely be looking for a new place.  It sounds like they cut corners and you should definitely be getting soiled clothes back asap.  We had days where we were closed last year because of issues with piping and then waiting on an inspector to check.  Better safe then sorry especially with kids.

• Options
    My TW this week is the person at work who had the gall to say to me that the 12 weeks I wanted to take for maternity leave (all unpaid mind you since it's a small business and FMLA doesn't apply) was "too long" - that's been the standard in every employee handbook I've ever had at other companies (this company doesn't have a handbook) - plus in other countries they get a full year.  :|
  • Options
    @ladyninagold - UGH they suck.  My first job told me no for my unpaid maternity leave too, once my 6 weeks of approved maternity leave was up, I told them Bye.   My thought was if they weren't willing to be flexible now when I wasn't asking for money but just time to be with my baby then they weren't going to be willing to let me leave early when I need to pick up my child.
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    @ladyninagold That's so crappy! I still can't believe how awful our maternity leave is here in the US. I have friends that work for companies that are based out of Europe and they get anywhere from 4-6 months PAID leave. It makes me so angry when I think about it.
  • Options
    @ladyninagold 12 weeks is not too long! I don't understand people that take that attitude, they should look up "the fourth trimester" 

I am on unpaid leave too. Last time baby was born in the summer so I was able to be home with him 8 months, I am really struggling with having to go back in January, even part time. 

I wish the US had better family friendly public policy. 
  • Options
    @ladyninagold 12 weeks is "too long"?! Ugh, people. 

I have a TW for Friday (actually would have been Thursday but I forgot). My boss, again. Asked me if I was planning on taking my whole 12 weeks. I told him I hadnt decided yet, I'm taking at least 8 and then I'll see what happens from there. He said "I only took 3 days when my daughter was born". I just stared him straight in the eye and said "yea but you didnt shove her out of your vagina did you". He blushed and kinda went "oh yea that's true".
    I'm pissed at him anyway cause he told me I'm going back to swing shift after my maternity leave, so now I'm gonna take every chance I can to make him uncomfortable for a day or two. 
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    @angieeeeee I can’t believe he compared the two situations! I love your comeback though 😂 
  • Options
    @BNBT we joke around a lot, so I knew it wasn't something he would take offense to in any way, or I probably wouldn't have said it. But I think it still surprised him lol.