Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 8/9

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 8/9

• Loading the player...
  • @begging4abump I saw a rainbow two days ago and thought the same thing! I have always wanted a set of twins, there's just something about them. My grandmother always told us that twins skip two generations in our family (absolutely not based on science!) And that in my generation of cousins they are bound to pop up.

Month/Cycle: 14/10

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: pnv, opks, ava 

R/R: Went shopping at TJ Maxx yesterday and my rant is that Halloween decorations are out (goodbye summer 😥). My rave is also that Halloween decorations are out, I love Halloween. I Definitely bought some things!

CS/Q: Won't be charting until after my crazy weekend adventure with the IL's. 

• @ginevere I looooooove Fall/Halloween! I want to decorate niw, but will wait till after Sept. 1st (my bday party) when it is more socially acceptable, lol. 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @bluetickgal Michael's has had their Halloween/Fall stuff out for weeks now. I don't hate it, lol.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @ttcbabyodo maybe this just goes to show that I haven’t shopped much lately, other than the grocery! Haha. I love Fall too, but it’s hard to get into decorating or anything for it when it’s still 90 a lot of days! When the temp starts dropping though, give me all things pumpkin! 

@newmomtx06 oh, it’s still pretty hot here too...earlier in the week when we decided to go it said it was going to be 82, now the high is 88 (still hot, but better than it has been)! We decided we’ll go early and just sweat! Hopefully it starts cooling down a bit for you soon! Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend with your DH! 
  • @misshelen86 yay! I’m glad YH was much more reasonable last night!! Hooray for vacay too!! Enjoy your weekend! We took tubes down the river with friends for mh’s 30. It was a total blast!

@m6agua sorry for the tough decisions about detox. Hopefully you’ll feel good about your decision when it comes time to make it.

@inthewoods23 mid60s sounds glorious! Also, I hear you on the bittersweet dreams. It sometimes takes me a while to shake emotions from them!

@ginevere I had a good chuckle about your dual reaction to Halloween stuff being out. I’ve been thinking about fall a lot lately, but I kind of like the anticipation of it, knowing it’s coming, but not for a little while. I guess I just hate the gap between fun, active winter and comfortable spring, but otherwise I like all the seasons. 

@bluetickgal a hike and then relaxing sounds like a nicely balanced weekend! I hope the weather cooperates!

@newmomtx06 so many twin signs! I hear you on wanting the heat to chill out. (Ha, chill out) Enjoy the much deserved break this weekend!

@bows22 sorry about the disappointment of last cycle, but new cycle, new hope, right? Enjoy the beach!!
  • @bows22 I somehow missed you earlier. So sorry for AF  :( Enjoy the beach
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @beggingforabump I can’t ever remember my cycle day either! Have fun at the anniversary party! If I remember correctly it sounds like you might be heading my way?

@inthewoods23 yes what you said about the dream/book ending makes perfect sense!

@ttcbabyodo I hope your day goes by fast!

@ginevere noooo it is way too early to be thinking about Halloween! I need a little more summer! 

@bluetickgal a lazy weekend sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

@newmomtx06 I hope you guys get some relief from the heat soon. Have a great weekend!

@m6agua yay AF came for both of us!

@misshelen86 enjoy your vacation! Is your H off too or will you get the house to yourself?
  • @bows22 Thank you! I get the house to myself today and Monday, then he’ll be off with me!
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• *lurking from TWW* 

So sorry about CD1 @whitealbum29

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @ttcbabyodo that's awesome!

@shoogapoff your estrogen levels shouldn't affect the IUI process. I think it's more important when you're going through IVF since your estrogen levels shoot high from stims meds.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @bows22 thanks! So sorry about AF, but yay for the worst of it being over before the beach! Hope you have an awesome time!!  

@m6agua thank you! Good luck with your decision about the detox! Hope you have a great weekend! 

@misshelen86 thanks!! So glad you all made up and he apologized! Hope you have a wonderful vacation...your weekend sounds fun! 

@inthewoods23 @begging4abump thanks ladies!! 

@whitealbum29 thank you! Sorry for AF...and while testing no less! 😒 I Hope you get some answers and a plan moving forward...I am looking forward to the same as well! 

@shoogapoff thanks!! So happy you have a plan moving forward with the RE! Oh, painting cabinets...I’ve heard that is a difficult process! I would love to paint our wood cabinets white at some point. Would you recommend doing yourself, or hiring it done if you could do it over again?
  • @bluetickgal It is a big process. I am a total diy-er, so it's hard for me to imagine paying someone to do this for me. That being said, cabinets are a totally different beast than just painting walls, so if I were going to pay someone to paint anything, it would definitely be cabinets. However, if you ever do diy it, definitely make sure you have an electric drill to remove your cabinet doors. I stupidly started out with just a screw driver, and it was awful
  • @bows22@whitealbum29So many of us coming over here today.  :'(   I almost tested yesterday morning but didn't, I did however go through about 4 Dollar Tree tests in the TWW.

@shoogapoff I'm glad you had a good appointment and a solid plan for this cycle! I want to paint my kitchen cabinets so bad, but I don't think I can get DH on board.

@misshelen86 I think I've talked about it mostly in another thread. I've been working with a new functional medicine practitioner trying to get my health better. I've been having thyroid and digestive issues. We are working on 3 phases, Repair (my gut/digestive system), Detox, Rebuild. I was benched for 2 cycles during the Repair phase because of one of the herbs I am on. Then at my last appointment he said I need to hold off getting pregnant until after the detox and he pushed out the timeline about 2-3 more months than what we originally discussed. Last cycle DH and I decided that we would try anyway, despite my treatment plans, and if I got pregnant we would just adjust and push off the treatment. So basically if I don't get pregnant this cycle we just continue on with the detox and that will be done by my next cycle and then we will no longer have to worry about my treatments (unless my dr pushes things back again).

Yay for make up sex! Your vacation plans sound amazing!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @whitealbum29 so sorry about CD 1
    @misshelen86 enjoy the trip!
    @shoogapoff glad it was a good appointment and good luck with cabinets.
  • @m6agua so speaking on Dollar Tree HPTs, I finally looked what those look like and I'm like well shit, I better go buy those because those are the ones in the last 2 dreams I've had of POAS (in addition to me also using FRERs). I must go buy some to make my dreams a reality!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shoogapoff ok thanks for the insight! We just finished painting the whole house, and I don’t think DH is up for painting the cabinets any time super soon! We plan to remodel the kitchen hopefully in the not-so-distant future...so we will deal with the cabinets then, one way or another. We like to diy when we can...but those just make me nervous for some reason! 
  • @whitealbum29 I’m sorry for AF! We’re cycle buddies! Maybe we should use the buddy system to get to the May BMB😂

@shoogapoff I’m glad your appointment went well. I think I remember reading that your RE wasn’t overly concerned about your tube blockage? Which is great news. Good luck with the cabinets, I hate doing stuff like that but I’m sure you will feel so much better once you can cross it off your to do list!
  • @bows22 @whitealbum29 is it already time to start the May BMB hype?!?! I'm so there!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bows22 Yes. He said that it was a proximal blockage rather than a distal one, so it wouldn't be causing fluid to build up and cause problems. Yay for no surgery or further testing. He offered to repeat the HSG if I really wanted to, but I politely declined. :smile:
  • @inthewoods23 - lol I'm all about the May 2020 hype!
    @bows22 - yes buddy system! :joy:
    @shoogapoff - yeah I'm looking forward to getting some answers instead of trying to DIY this! haha. I'm glad your appointment went well, what a relief! The IUI plan sounds good, FX for you!
  • @inthewoods23 yesss! that’s perfect!

@shoogapoff oh that is wonderful news! 
  • @inthewoods23 Yes!! Love it. 
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!