Weekly Randoms 8/6

What’s going on, ladies? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/6

• @ejoseph16 I feel like I need to watch this show, but I never have. Maybe when I catch up on the ones I’m already watching. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 I seriously can’t stop. It’s an obsession. Lol. But MH isn’t into it, so I watch it while he’s at work! 
  • I’ve been binge-watching Impractical Jokers.  DH thinks I’m crazy but it’s a show that you don’t have to pay attention to and is great to have on in the background while knitting. 
  • I'm still trying to comprehend how my birth control AND a condom failed, haha. H was getting a vasectomy in Dec. Best laid plans and all that I guess. Guess I can start crocheting my own baby blanket after I finish my friends'.
  • This week is my week of jury duty. Thankfully, I haven't had to go in yet. I cut back my hours at work preparing to go in, so I'm sitting at home watching Netflix now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mandarenee898 I love impractical jokers! Always good for a belly laugh! 
  • Trying hard to figure out this “eating healthy” thing. All of sudden things seemed to have gotten serious here lol 😂 
  • @mandarenee898 @ejoseph16 Impractical Jokers is amazing!

I'm enjoying my last two days of summer before I have to go back to work on Thursday. H took DD to daycare yesterday and today, so I'm cleaning the house and also binge watching Boy Meets World because #90schild.
  • @soprano19 I love boy meets world!
  • @wildrainbow it's so cheesy now as an adult, but so good!
  • @soprano19 Boy Meets World is the best

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @soprano19 yes! Boy meets world! 
  • @soprano19 Ahhh I love Boy Meets World! So nostalgic. :)
  • I got my first HCG test results from 5w2d it was 5,565. Does this seem high for so early in 5th week?

• @courtneya1620 I went back and looked at my last pregnancy’s HCG levels and at 5w4d it was 5442.  Per the chart from my clinic you are in the normal range for this time period.

Weeks Post LMP Approximate HCG Range:
    (Last Menstrual Period)  
    3-4 Weeks (9-130)
    4-5 Weeks (75-2600)
    5-6 Weeks (850-20800)
    6-7 Weeks (4000-100200)
    7-12 Weeks (11500-289000)
    12-16 Weeks (18300-137000) 
    16-29 Weeks (1400-53000)  
    29-41 Weeks (940-60000)
  • Curious - I’m from Canada and I’ve never heard of people routinely having beta levels checked. If someone had a lower beta than expected what would be done about it? 
  • @kath1414 It's  typically not common practice to do betas. The reason they are done is if there is a history of loss or IF. They really only tell a story after 2 or more. You want to make sure they are doubling appropriately. If they aren't, it can be indicative of an impending loss. As far as doing anything? Usually nothing. 
  • @mandarenee898 Thanks! All the ranges i have seen says 18-7,000 for 5 weeks. I am having my second test this morning, so we will see how my progression goes. 

• @wildrainbow I see! It seems like unnecessary stress to me! 
  • @kath1414 It so much stress. I'm glad I dont get them, just a very early u/s to confirm uterine pregnancy since I have a history of ectopic. 
  • @wildrainbow what were your symptoms during the ectopic? Was it because of the endo? 
  • @littleredm Yay!!

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @littleredm congratulations!! great news 
  • @sanpelligrino
    My ectopic was due to scarring I had during a lap to remove a dermis from inside my ovary and the endo. My symptoms were not super consistent with a typical EP. I started bleeding around 6 weeks, while on my honeymoon, but it was light and my dr thought it was due to sexy fun times and all the walking I was doing. Came home for an u/a, nothing in my ute, everything else looked clear and I was bleeding heavier so we just assumed I was MCing. 2 weeks later I was still bleeding heavily and had a twinge (not even something super painful) in my right side. My boss made me call my dr and they got me in for an u/a where they found the sac in my right tube. Surgery the next day where they found that it was partially ruptured and I was bleeding into my abdomen. My right tube was removed and I get very early u/s now instead of betas due to this and my other losses. 
    Endo was not my cause, it was caused by the scar tissue from removing a baseball sized dermis from in my ovary, my dr had to cut my ovary  open to get it out. 
  • @wildrainbow I'm so sorry about everything you went through. I'm glad they caught it in time, and you didnt have to endure a lot of pain before your surgery. It's a good thing you're monitored so closely, looks like you have a good doctor. 
    During my lap last year, they removed 2 endometriomas-  one was small , the other was a 7cm cyst which had been causing me months of agony and pain, and my ob gyn dismissed my pain several times blaming it on PMS  (*rolls eye* i know!), they refused to do an ultrasound. An ultrasound at the right time would have saved me months of TTC and have identified the source of my pain. 
  • Beta HCG test #2 was this morning and it doubled since Monday! DH and I are so relieved and excited! First U/S scheduled for 8/21 (at 6w4d). At that point, if all is looking well, my RE will release me to my OB. :smiley:
  • @mandarenee898 Yay! Such great news. :)
  • @mandarenee898 That’s great news. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @courtneya1620 yay! That is wonderful news!!
  • NiceyMeanyNiceyMeany member
    edited August 2019
    @ejoseph16 it’s my favvvvv!

• How is everyone today? Surviving? 

The baby woke up at 5:30. I'm not a fan. I'm exhausted and my coffee and I may not be friends for much longer. How on earth am I supposed to survive a 3 year old and a 9mo without coffee?! I'm not panicking, I'm not panicking....just practicing my new mantra.
  • My nausea and food aversions are back with a vengeance today, so that’s fun. 
  • @wildrainbow I would ask your doctor, but mine said i could have an 8 oz cup of coffee still. I wake up at 4 every morning and i would not survive without it!
  • I’m doing okay as long as I can find a way to keep my eyes open. Also, pulled out a maternity skirt this morning and it’s so comfy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @courtneya1620 Yeah I can have the coffee, it's  just that my pg self doesn't like it first tri. My stomach has been nauseated since I finished my first cup. Life is not going to be easy.