Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 8/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 8/7

• Month/Cycle: 14/10

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: pnv, opk, ava, tracking cm

R/R: I'm going to a wedding this weekend so I am working a regular mon-fri schedule this week. I usually take Wednesday off so I am not really feeling it this morning, I just want to go back to bed and chill with my puppy all day!

I would be ecxited about the wedding, but it was a last minute plan (DH's cousin) and the invites went out last week! It's a 6 hour drive and I just found out that we will be staying fri-sun and sharing an "open concept" cabin with my in-laws... meaning apparently that there are no bedrooms, just bunks right next to eachother. I have a feeling it's going to be a little awkward 😐

Saturday also happens to be DH's birthday and I haven't gotten him anything yet 😑 I have way too much to rant about today.

CS/Q: nope

• Loading the player...
  • @ginevere geez, that’s a quick turnaround between invitation and event! Open concept living quarters with ILs definitely will be an experience! Oh man! This wedding sounds like it’ll bring you many great stories. 🙂 I hope work goes by fast today!
  • @begging4abump I usually count spotting as cd1, but I dont typically spot for more than a few hours before the heavy flow usually hits! I also feel you on bedroom temps, I was convinced that my temps were wacky last month because one night we'd have the a/c on and the next we'd just have fans and it would get hot, but I guess in reality it shouldn't make a huge difference? 🤷‍♀️ Also, I felt the same way when I first tried a fried oreo, I had always heard how amazing they were and I was just... whelmed, I guess. 

And I am sure I will have some great stories to share from this weekend.
  • @begging4abump you are so right that oddball things with weddings end up being quite the story! DH's friend that got married last year in October had so many weird things. It was at a park that has these shelter buildings you can rent and it ended up being 36 degrees that morning and the ceremony was outside. The shelter was not heated so they had a couple space heaters in there. The DJ was just a friend with a laptop and I swear their playlist had like 10 songs max on it but they were all older songs and almost no one was dancing (granted it was a super small wedding with like, 30 people or so and that's it). I think most songs were slow dance songs too. We were home by 4 that day. It was quirky in a not great way. And yes yes! All the luck is going to get you KU!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ginevere  good luck with the in-laws! That is a little close for comfort. Also good luck getting through the wedding. 

@begging4abump omg OINTNB had such a bittersweet ending. I’m still thinking about it! I need to go back to read yesterday’s WTO. Also, Fried Oreos are my favorite state fair food. Yum!

@inthewoods23 I have been on able to post lately as well. I’m glad he signed his consent! Do you guys have any preference gender wise?

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: temping, HIO, OPK

R/R: Sorry I have been MIA lately. Things have just been crazy and I’m just now really able to catch up.  I also let myself get into a bit of a funk with this last bfn. 

CS/Q: 

• @begging4abump I do the same thing with my CD1. Like is heavy spotting the same as light AF? 

@inthewoods23 I'm glad everything went well yesterday! FET is getting so close! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @ginevere I'm sorry about your Monday worthy Wednesday :(

@beggin4abump mmm I love fried oreos! So good. Hope your temps play nice this weekend!

@inthewoods23 I'm glad to hear your surgery went well, hope you have an easy recovery. 

Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: BBT, ovusense, OPK's, CM, CP

R/R: My temps have been weird for pre-o, like as high as in the TWW. I took a HPT  just to "make sure" since I'm BSC and BFN of course. I should be finishing AF today so I'll start my ovusense tonight and maybe that will be more accurate. I'm prepping for a big birthday tomorrow as the man I am nurse manager for turns 98! He's super sweet and I can't wait to see his face when he sees all his decorations and such tomorrow.

CS/Q: Nope

• @millpe I start the lupron injections tomorrow! Time to start counting down the days to FET! We're trying a boy embryo first, although honestly I feel like there are way more cute baby girl things. I freaking live for all the cute headbands you can buy them! But it would be nice to give my parents the first grandson. Ours would be the first for DH's parents.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU:
    -A more laid-back (low-pressure) approach, so no charting or temping.
    -No contraception, sperm-friendly lubricant, staying healthy in general (working out, hiking, eating healthier), pre-natal vitamins, avoiding unnecessary chemicals/nasties in environment/food/pharms.
    -Eating healthier. I've been adding in lots of extra fruits, vegetables (particularly greens and cruciferous ones), hemp hearts, sesame seeds, cacao powder, and olive/avocado oils. Trying to stop boredom snacking!
    -Maintaining a low caffeine intake. No alcohol (no biggie because I'm not a coffee or alcohol drinker).
    -Keeping a TTC journal. I slacked my last cycle, but I may pick this one back up.

R/R:
    Rant: 
    I have had a little bit more drama with my mom this week. I FINALLY got in touch with her on the phone after days of trying, and she put me on speakerphone (so my sister's kids could hear everything), so I was unable to have an adult conversation with her about how she has been treating me in recent years. She is the ultimate manipulator, and my patience is hanging by a thread at this point. I feel like I'm starting to boil over with emotion, and I need to get it all out.

Rave: I'm physically feeling pretty great (almost always this way near ovulation), so I am thankful for that! I fit in two small hikes already this week, and I hope to keep it going into my cycle. It is just so difficult when my energy levels start to plummet the week before AF!

CS/Q: none at the moment
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @ginevere Rant away! That is what we are here for! :)
    @begging4abump Oh my gosh! Deep fried Oreos! I still haven't tried those yet! They sound good but maybe like an invitation for stomach upset?
    @inthewoods23 I hope you heal quickly! Take it easy!
    @millpe It is hard to get moving sometimes, isn't it?
    @newmomtx06 I'm with you on feeling down after my BFN this past month! Ugh!

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @ginevere That level of last minute planning gives me a lot of anxiety.  That is a lot to ask of people on short notice.  The cabin sounds cool, though.  At least you won't be in your FW? 

@begging4abump I agree fried Oreos are just meh.  I don't like how they get soft.  

@inthewoods23 So glad your procedures went well yesterday!  I'm so excited about all of your embryos!  

@millpe Ugh, getting AF unexpectedly when traveling is the worst.  Sorry.  You're allowed to be cranky.  :)

@newmomtx06 Sorry about your funk.  I hope you feel back to yourself soon!

@rachelg777 Oh my gosh, the 98th birthday party sounds adorable.  That's so sweet!

@flowntheloop I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to talk to your mom openly.  Glad you're feeling great physically!

@ttcbabyodo That's irritating that you can't just go home.  Sorry about your headache.  I hope your day turns around soon!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @ginevere oh man, a 6 hour drive AND open concept sleeping. I don't know that I could do it. All the credit to you.

@begging4abump sounds like a fun night! And omg deep fried Oreos are amazing! 

@inthewoods23 glad everything went well yesterday. I may have missed it but when is your FET happening?

@millpe sorry for early AF. Getting motivated to get moving first thing in the morning with AF is rough.

@newmomtx06 sorry for the BFN and the funk. 

@rachelg777 awww that sounds like a fun party. I hope he enjoys it! 

@flowntheloop sorry to hear there was more mom drama. That must be so difficult to deal with. 

@ttcbabyodo that's super frustrating about no internet at work, especially since you need it to do your work. Hopefully it either comes back quickly or they just let you go home and snuggle your dogs.

@shamrocandroll sorry your cycle has been frustrating. Hopefully it's just a later O. Good luck with YH and the dog training!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CF, FF, prenatals

R/R: today is a much needed day completely to myself. I have a couple of errands to run, including the DMV for peeling license plates replacement, but otherwise the day is mine to do whatever I want.

CS/Q: no

• @ttcbabyodo Nice job getting a run in! I’m jealous if everyone’s cooler temps. It’s still going to be blazing hot for months here. 

@flowntheloop I’m sorry you weren’t able to have a real conversation with your mom. She really does sound like a master manipulator with that speakerphone move. 

@rachelg777 Wow, 98! What a privilege to be able to see that birthday. Hope he enjoys his celebration. 

@millpe Sorry about AF. That’s the worst kind of early surprise. 

@inthewoods23 Glad your procedures went well yesterday! 

@begging4abump I’m slowly making my way through this season of OITNB. I’m not a big cryer but I feel a sob fest brewing with each passing episode. And I do love that they’re just there for whenever I’m ready to watch. Best way to go about it. I wish they’d do that with Handmaid’s Tale. 

@ginevere That whole thing sounds like a hot mess. But some of my favorite memories were born out of hot messes. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3 AL 

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: HIO, whiffed on OPKs this cycle, preseed, CM (EPO through O), BBT, PNV 

R/R: I’m going to hang here one more day. If I still have elevated temps tomorrow (which I assume I will) I should get crosshairs and head over to TWW. 

CS/Q: 

• @shamrocandroll How freaking frustrating. Soooo much sex. I really hope it’s just a later O in the next day or so. I’ve O’d as late as CD 26 and as early as CD 12. Bodies can be such assholes.
  • @tyrion_ Thank you.  That makes me feel better.  Bodies really ARE assholes
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @inthewoods23 I’m glad you’re not in too much pain! But you’re one step closer now!! Also, 36* is a rough temperature for a party, especially with no dancing! 

@ginevere I’m definitely looking forward to the wedding detail updates! 

@millpe sorry about the surprise. Af is bad enough without showing up unexpectedly! And, yea, I have no idea how to differentiate, but I guess it doesn’t matter. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@newmomtx06 bittersweet sounds like an appropriate ending for the show. I love when it’s good enough to make me keep thinking about it! I hope things calm down soon! Sorry for the funk—definitely been there. 

@rachelg777 Your birthday celebration tomorrow makes me so happy. Your job sounds tough but rewarding! Sorry for the weird temps; hopefully things get back on track with your new gadget.

@flowntheloop I’m so sorry for your family heartache. You must have a lot of strength for trying to work through all that your mom is throwing at you. I’ll be thinking of you and hoping that you’ll be able to have a real chat soon. ❤️

@ttcbabyodo no internet at work sounds so frustrating! Just let them know I gave you permission to go home. 😉

@shamrocandroll I’ve got my fingers crossed that it’s just a late o. One of my first reactions to finding out that my tubes were crap and I couldn’t get pregnant without surgery was thinking about all that sex I didn’t have to have. Ha. Glad your pup’s training is going well. I feel like Winnie is growing up before my very eyes!

@gingermama29 I’d say it sounds like a fantastic day, but I really dread the dmv. I hope all your errands get taken care of easily so you have lots of time to relax.
  • @tyrion_ sorry, mobile bumping makes me behind since it refreshes so late. I still haven’t tried handmaiden’s tale. We keep saying we’ll pick up Hulu once we run out of shows on Netflix and prime, but we haven’t run out yet. Currently watching the new season of Derry girls now. Your chart looks great btw!
  • @tyrion_ oh it's still hot as heck here (it's 90F today), I just have gotten used to it at this point, I think. When I first took up running 10 yrs ago, I was living in Miami, so it was hot & humid pretty much year-round. The beginning of the summer is always hard for me, but then I get used to it by August. My favorite running months here are April, October, and November, though. Not just because the temps are more mild, but I just love being outside during the change from winter to spring, and then the fall foliage is just so gorgeous. Fall is my favorite season by far. 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @gingermama29 Enjoy your free day! Anything fun planned?

@shamrocandroll So sorry about your frustrating cycle! That was me last cycle, and honestly, I gave up HIO. But good for you for keeping on keeping on! That's not easy. FX your O is just late. 

@ttcbabyodo Ugh. Internet out is the worst! And especially when you are facing the possibility of puppy snuggles!

@flowntheloop Sorry about the family drama. That is such a stressor. 

@rachelg777 Turning 98 is a big deal! That's so fun! As far as the high temps go....that is frustrating and I can see why that would lead to the BSC coming out! I always have high temps compared to others, so sometimes I worry that I'm cooking my eggs!

@newmomtx06 I'm sorry you've been in a funk, but definitely understandable. It seems to ebb and flow for me. 

@ginevere The open-concept cabin does seem awkward. Glad it's not during your FW!

@inthewoods23 So excited for your FET. I can't believe it's almost here! I know it's felt like an eternity for you, but it feels like you were just posting about your ER, and now we're already ready for the big day!

Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Me: PNV, CoQ10, N-Acetylcysteine, Vit C, Vit E; DH: Multivitamin, CoQ10, R-Lipoic Acid, L-Carnitine, plus OPKs, BBT, CM tracking

R/R: Sorry I have been MIA this week. I work in a hospital, and our accreditation is this week, so everyone is on high-alert. I'm just doing this quick post now, but will try to mobile bump more this evening if I can. 

Tomorrow is our follow-up appointment with the RE to discuss our test results, so I am sure I will have more to R/R about then. 

CS/Q: No questions yet.

• sevennsevenn member
    edited August 2019
    Hi ladies.  I haven't been around the past few days- I've been slammed with work and pissed at my cycle.  Add me too the bodies are assholes group.  Ugh.

@ginevere - omg!  what an odd weekend and with the last minute invite... hope you can manage a good time
    @begging4abump - fried oreos are life changing.  thankfully, i feel like you can't eat too many of them...they're too rich!
    @inthewoods23 - so excited for your FET!  it's just so wild to know the sex of the embies.  
    @newmomtx06 - welcome back <3
    @ttcbabyodo - no internet at work?!  that sounds horrific
    @shamrocandroll - your HIO has been sooooo thorough.  it is positively cruel of your ovaries if they don't give you an egg for all that.
    @tyrion_ - hope you get your CH tomorrow.  lookin good!
    @shoogapoff - fx for good results discussion tomorrow

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CP, CM, BBT, Softcups, preseed, Fertilaid, EPO

R/R: this cycle is whack.  i got my P on CBAD on CD 10, had blazer wondfo's CD 10 and 11, lots of cramping/bloating CD 10-12, but my temp is still down.  Cervix seems to be post-O style now for at least 2 days.  i can't imagine O was any later than yesterday but again no rise today.  if it was yesterday then we're looking at -2 and -3 timing which isn't awful but not the -1 and -2 i'd hoped for.  and i have a feeling that FF is going to predict O today.  i'm thinking about quitting the temps the rest of this cycle

CS/Q: mobile isn’t letting me upload my chart. Ugh 

Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @shoogapoff Refresh my memory... did you end up Oing, or was it an-O?  Good luck with the RE tomorrow!

@sevenn That's the thing that kills me... So much wasted effort if I don't get an egg after all of that!  Ugh!  Sorry your cycle is being whack too!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I got CH eventually, but I wasn't really convinced that it was real. My temp shift was not dramatic, I never got a positive OPK, and, based on my supposed O day, my LP was 10 days, which is much shorter than usual.
  • @sevenn I'm so sorry your cycle is out of whack. That has got to be the most frustrating part of this whole journey. Yesterday, I printed off my cycle history from My Fertility Charts (all four years of it, phew!) and I never really just how screwy my cycles are. I have never had two cycles in a row be even close to the same length, it's always 31 days one month, 26 days the next month, 35 the month after that, 23 days the next month, and so on and so forth. I had not realized this could be a sign of PCOS until Flo sent me a popup last week (only been using Flo since May). I'm glad I have something to bring up to my doc at my appt on the 26th.

Anyway, that was a long-ass empathetic response, but there ya go, lol. Add me to the crazyladies with messed up cycles group.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @ttcbabyodo Thanks. I hope work wasn't too bad, it's so hard to leave your dog especially when they're being sweet! My dog cuddles up to me every morning while I drink coffee and I always hate to leave her.

@shamrocandroll exactly what I was thinking, thank god I won't be anywhere near FW! I hope O comes for you, whenever I O later than I expect to it's always frustrating. The first cycle I charted I didn't O until CD 37... aside from that random mess, this past year it's been anywhere between CD15 and CD25 for me so you never know. Bodies are stupid sometimes.

@sevenn I hope you get some confirmation on O. I am convinced my body is just playing some elaborate practical joke on me most days. I never have a clue what it'll do next!

@shoogapoff I hope your follow-up goes well and you get some good news!

@tyrion_ A hot mess for sure. Your chart is looking good!

@gingermama29 I hope you got to do something fun and/or relaxing today. I love days like that!

@flowntheloop Sorry about your mom, having to deal with family drama on top of everything is so hard. I hope you find the time and energy for many more hikes! 

@rachelg777 my temps are always wacky during AF. Hopefully yours will settle down. I don't really know anything about ovusense, but if you're taking your temp with a different method during AF than you do normally during your cycle that could cause a weird shift in temps. I've heard that even using two different BBT's in one month can mess up your temps because they are all a little different.