Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car?

Re: Weekly Group 3 Check-in (3/14-3/24) w/o 8/5

• Got my dating ultrasound today so I can finally participate in a check-in!

EDD/W+D: 3/20, 7w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!  We'll probably do an elective ultrasound to find out before the anatomy scan.

Baby is the size of a(n): "Wee Raspberry" according to Ovia lol

Upcoming appts: This Friday for my first midwife appt

How are you feeling?: Not great!  Similar to my other pregnancies in that I'm not throwing up, but constantly nauseated.  Major food aversions to most healthy foods.  All the white carbs these days.

Rants/Raves: So happy to finally have a due date!  Baby is due on my FIL's birthday, and my dad's birthday is the day before that, so baby could come on either.  Though DS1 came a week early and DS2 was a week and a half early, so baby #3 would have to stay cooking to share a birthday with either of them.

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? Usually if I am in the car so is at least one of my boys, and they rule the radio.  We listen to the Kids Place Live station on SiriusXM.  It's a decent station - plays more than just "kid songs" but all family friendly content.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • EDD/W+D: 7+3, 3/20

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appts: I had one today! It was pretty anticlimactic though. No dating scan and no HB this early. I loved talking with the midwife though, and she said everything sounds normal. 

How are you feeling?: Meh. I haven’t had any vomiting this pregnancy, but I feel semi-nauseous all day. I’m tired. I’m GASSY. 

Rants/Raves: Tomorrow is my last day of summer break before going back to work. 😭 The beginning of the school year is madness already and I will 8.5 weeks when kids start, which my MW pointed out is typically the peak of nausea. Yay.

Questions: GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? Usually NPR. Sometimes the classical radio station. But lately I’ve been tired of those and listening to the Hamilton soundtrack, Lizzo’s new album, or the Terrible, Thanks for Asking podcast.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D:  3/18 - 7w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): headphone earbud

Upcoming appts: September 3 - I will have an ultrasound and the doctor's visit. We will draw the NIPT test then!

How are you feeling?: Like I've been run over by a truck. I'm nauseous 24/7 and the exhaustion really hit me this week. One of these days I'll eat something that's not a carb but that day is not today.

Rants/Raves: My mom is visiting and she's been so great. I'm so spoiled with her around. 

Questions: If you had the NIPT before, how long before you got the results?

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? I got a new car recently so I have the Sirius XM free trial, so I listen to a lot of Pop2K and 90s on 9.
  • EDD/W+D: 3/18/ 7+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): keyboard key

Upcoming appts: First OB appointment is this Thursday

How are you feeling?: The exhaustion continues. But so so grateful that yesterday’s appointment went well.

Rants/Raves: I graduated from my IVF clinic yesterday. Baby is measuring a few days ahead and has a strong heartbeat of 168. I still can’t wrap my mind around what a miracle this all is. 

Questions: Any tricks to get through the day with extreme fatigue that don’t involve caffeine? I’m usually such an energetic person but I just feel so... lazy.

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? Mostly podcasts— Jenna and Julien and She proves faithful are my favorites. And during the Big Brother season I add in some big brother fan podcasts. 
  • orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D: 3/18 — almost 8 weeks! 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: TBD. Probably finding out. We’ve been brainstorming boy names mostly and I don’t want to go too far down the rabbit hole. I feel like we won’t be able to stand the wait!

Baby is the size of a(n): prenatal vitamin ;)

Upcoming appts: next Tuesday. I’ll be almost 9 weeks! I didn’t have my first appointment til 10ish weeks last time, since I was being picky about the midwife I saw (and didn’t yet realize I love them all). 

How are you feeling?: I have a cold and all the first tri nonsense, so not so great. I hate being at work in this phase cos I feel so useless and grumpy, but can’t explain why. 

Rants/Raves: My H just left for NYC for four days for a professional development teacher workshop thing, so I’ll be solo-parenting for the duration. Longest stretch ever! We truly split childcare/household work down the middle (with some hiccups because #livinginapatriarchy), so I’m not feeling prepared to do All the Things while pukey and sniffly. 

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? Usually NPR. Music if I’m already in a bad mood and can’t handle facing the perpetual apocalypse we’re living in. 
  • silverhopesilverhope member
    edited August 2019
    @kantobean love Lizzo!

@orbmaker I hate it when DH isn’t home in time to help with bedtime. I’ve found it really rough to feed DS while I am nauseous and get so sad when DH won’t be home to do dinner for DS. 

EDD/w+d: 3/19, 7w5d

Team: Finding out

Baby is the size of a: Brookesia micra chameleon 

Upcoming appts: First appt is 8/20 :unamused:  not so patiently waiting

How do you feel?: low level nausea pretty much all the time. Very tired. I nap while DS naps pretty much ever day. And then wake up thirsty and nauseous  :D

Rants/raves: I just want everyone to leave me alone right now. I exert all my energy keeping DS alive, but we have every wknd in August jam packed with friend events. I’m sick of people right now. I would very much like a weekend to nap and have DH take over parenting. 

Questions: EDITED: Whoops forgot this is the preg week thread and not STM thread so my question was not relevant here so I’m deleting it. 

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car?: The alternative rock station, classic rock stations, or pop music (in that order). 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @silverhope lol I ALSO just want everyone to leave me alone right now, but also I spend too much time alone & that's been driving me up the wall, so it's a catch-22.

@orbmaker lolol to your answer to the GTKY--um, same. I feel like I usually don't even realize I am taking a break from NPR bc of all the terrible news until it's been, like, a WHILE since I've listened to it.

@faithoverfear716 Berries are supposed to help with mid-afternoon fatigue? 

@jpalacios892Yasss 90s on 9! I also like the one that plays 90s-2000s hip hop. after my free trial, I got my Siruis subscription on my dad's bill as an xmas present, so he just pays for it for me forever apparently, which I am fine with. #spoiled.

@kailanaeWelcome to Group 3! I could have written basically the same answer to "how are you feeling." ugh. growing humans is so hard wahh.

@kantobean Lizzzooooo. So good. 

EDD/W+D: 3/21 7w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): jellybean

Upcoming appts: one week from today in for 2nd appt. (u/s & then I guess meeting w/ the ob for questions/whatever else)

How are you feeling?: today I'm okay--better than the past few days. I've been on & off nauseated, constipated, & I had a pain yesterday that was fairly constant and annoying that I'm hoping was my stomach?

Rants/Raves: I just want to be able to eat whatever I want to eat again and I am glad I've found things to do each day this week bc when it's just me and the couch or even me and the computer & unstructured time I've been a bit of a wreck. I really wanted a BLT and DH made that happen for me for lunch, so that was nice.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? I have Sirius radio, so I flip between a bunch of stations on that. During football season, I flip between all its sports stations. And also, our local NPR. Sometimes I plug my Spotify in and listen to the monthly mix I've made as well (I make one for every 2 months of the year--it's cool bc then listening to it reminds me of certain things.)
  • @kailanae - Good luck tomorrow!! 
    @faithoverfear716 - I am so happy for you!
    @orbmaker - Has it been easy to throw around boy names? We have talked about boy names prior to conceiving, but the pool is very very small. We already have a girls first name chosen though.
    @silverhope - I want to be left alone at work.  :s
    ---------------------------------------------
    EDD/W+D: 
    3/19, 8w+0d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): half of a Lego!

Upcoming appts: First appointment - 8/14 - which, whyyyy did I pick a 5 pm appointment? 

How are you feeling?: Okay. This week I've gotten sick a few times, so far it's been at home. Not ready to deal with that happening at work. Tired, but can't always sleep. Need to do more grocery shopping, but I don't want to look at food.

Rants/Raves: One week until my first appointment!

Questions: Any belly band recommendations? My pants/bloat were not working with me at all yesterday. 

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? Mix of music and NPR, also listening to some language cds as of late. What's the easiest way to listen to free podcasts without streaming? I have an iPhone, but I'm clueless....
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• @lusineg Lol I feel the same way about my appointment on August 14th -- I don't know WHY I chose one at 1 PM instead of first thing in the morning, ugh!
  • @lusineg We still have our top choices from last time (when we had a girl) and have added a couple to the mix. We just have such a strong boy vibe right now! I mean, it really doesn’t matter, but we’re a little bit hoping for the xy chromosome, I think. 
  • I'm finding it extremely difficult to fall asleep on my left side. I can kind of get comfortable on my right side, but I'm a back or stomach sleeper in real life. Anyone have some advice for this? 
  • @mauvelousone Same here! I am def gonna get a preggo pillow. But I read we are ok to sleep on back or stomach during first trimester no? 
  • EDD/W+D: March 18/8w1d

Upcoming appts: Aug 22

How are you feeling?: crummy. I can hardly leave my bed and I feel guilty because my son has all this energy. 

Rants/Raves: I can't even bring myself to rant or rave about anything right now. 

Questions: no

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? Whatever is playing in current pop/hip hop I guess, or if I can find classical. I don't listen to the radio much.
  • @mrsc918 It is okay to sleep on your back or stomach during the 1st trimester, yes!  As the pregnancy progresses and the baby gets bigger, it gets more and more uncomfortable to sleep in certain positions. 
  • EDD/W+D: 3/23. 7w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): jellybean 

Upcoming appts: Monday...can’t come soon enough.

How are you feeling?: Emotionally I am a WRECK because physically I’m doing better than I was last week. My morning sickness went from all day and night to more like quezy-ness in the morning and pretty much goes away in the afternoon, the mild cramping and back pain I was having everyday stopped, and not as fatigued as I was last week. Plus some weird swollen lymph node type thing in my groin area. So I am so beyond worried (already have an anxiety disorder without pregnancy) and just want to cry every day because I have this gut feeling something is wrong. I just want to be excited, and have tried so hard up until now to stay positive and remind myself worrying ain’t gonna change a thing. But I’m having a really rough time. 😓

Rants/Raves: I actually usually hate chicken (and love red meat), but the only protein I’ve been able to eat is CHICKEN lol! Well tonight I had McDonalds chicken nuggets and fries for dinner and I’m sure I’ll regret it later when acid reflux rears it’s ugly head.

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? Top 40 type stuff. Mainly hip hop and pop. And Bachelor Nation podcasts lol 
  • EDD/W+D: March 19-just moved over from group 1. My dates were way off. Baby’s due date is the day after my birthday 😊

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 
    Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    iphone app icon

Upcoming appts: 
    NT scan Sept 5

How are you feeling?: 
    Sooooo so tired. Just finished up teaching summer camp and really looking forward to taking two weeks off to rest before school starts. My nausea comes in the evening so I feel so bad for my husband because I never want to make dinner anymore. 

Rants/Raves: 
    My mom will be here visiting in a week! I can’t wait!

Questions: 
    none for now

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car?
    I usually listen to music on my way to work. I have a 20 minute commute. Then I usually call my mom on the way home. Since we moved halfway across the country I talk to her as much as I can. 
  • EDD/W+D: March 18/ 8+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team finding out

Upcoming appts: August 27th 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, mainly just tired. I had some bleeding this week and found out I have a small hemorrhage where the placenta attached so I am taking it easy.  

Rants/Raves: Rave: seeing DD so excited for the baby is adorable! 

Questions: none

GTKY: What do you listen to in the car? Audio books! I love to read and with a 3 yo it’s hard for me to get in the time to read. 
    Pregnancy Ticker