January 2020 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 8/6

Re: TW Tuesday 8/6

• Options
    edited August 2019
    So Saturday we are at a massive water park/ splash pad with DD. Anyway she is standing in line for a small kiddie water slide, as are all the other little kids. They are told to stand on one side and hold a railing since everything is wet and there’s one life guard at the top that helps them sit and slide down. Anyway all is going smooth until one little kid out of nowhere runs up and decides to weave his way through the line or kids up the stairs pushing other kids and DD and literally jumps over a girl who is already sitting to go down the slide and goes down himself. Keep in mind these are kids aged 1.5-3 who are waiting. I was having none of that, I turned around and said whose kid is this??? Then one lady all giggly shrugs her shoulder. And I told her he needs to stand in line and not knock all the kids over. She just giggles and shrugs her shoulders saying what to do when he likes to do that? I’m like you can teach him to be respectful your his mother how’s that for an idea ? 

Obviously I blew up, let’s blame hormones, but all the other parents were happy. But wow that’s such a pet peeve I have ! 

Edit: spelling 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k - What the crap! Why do parents think that stuff like that is cute and funny? It's not going to be funny in a few years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k wtf?! Shitty parenting at its best! I try so hard to instil manners into dd, always say please and thank you, wait your turn, sharing etc but its so frustrating when some parents clearly dont give a shit & let their brats run riot. Queue jumpers in general really wind me up! 😡😡
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k what in the actual? I'm glad you called her out, hormones or not. That's outrageous! It's not cute or funny at all. I don't understand why a parent would just let their kid run wild like that. They do grow up ya know and those are the same parents that end up on Maury Povich "my out of control teen"
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @leprechaunlady queue jumpers are literally get me so mad 

my favourite is when DD is waiting in line to go on something. And all you see in front of her are parents or grandparents waiting (no kids since they are running around playing since why should they have to suffer in line) I always call them out. 

Edit spelling again! Haha I’m on my phone today so auto correct is not helping me 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k that's awful for so many reasons! One, line jumpers are obnoxious in general. You don't get special privilege, you stand in line like the rest of the world. Two, running in a slippery area and weaving in and out could have seriously hurt someone! Three, that parent needs to at least take your concern seriously. I understand that maybe they can't do much in that moment. Maybe it's a rough day for all. But to just giggle??? I'm getting upset for you!
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I'm glad you called her out. It's so easy to just let people do stuff like that but someone needed to say something. Also agree with @leprechaunlady queue jumpers are pretty much the only people who will give me road rage. Not that I do anything reckless but sometimes get blinding mad when I see it. Like you are no more special than anyone else here.

My TW is air travel. Can I not go anywhere without massive delay/rerouting? I mean every time I travel by plane there is a delay. It doesn't even matter what city I leave from. Often the delay it means I miss my connection. One time I missed a whole day of a conference and a commitment there because of flight delays. I almost missed my interview for my current job because my flight was cancelled and rescheduled 5 hours later....uggh and now I type this sitting in an airport awaiting my date since you guessed it, we are delayed...🙄
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k people who don’t parent their children is my biggest pet peeve. What can you do? You can get off your ass and control your kid. That kind of stuff happens at the playgroup we go to. I have no shame though. If you’re going to ignore your child’s shitty actions, I’ll parent them. We can discuss it later if you have an issue 🤷🏻‍♀️.
  • Options
    My tw today is my ob’s office. Not only did they f up the whole scan situation, but it’s like they’ve never had anyone with my insurance before. Dh is military and we live in a huge military area so my type of insurance is abundant, people from base get referred to them all the time. I need a referral for everything so it will be covered. Well they sent the referral for the mfm but put my pcm on base as the dr who would be performing it 🤦🏻‍♀️. Thankfully I was able to switch it myself, but really? Why is this so hard! Thank goodness I called my insurance yesterday to verify the authorization was in place prior to my appt or I would have had a nice big bill show up for it. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 That's just incompetence. Why in the world would they lost your pcm for that?? Good thing you called!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 That would drive me crazy. I mean, this is their business. You’d think they would be able to keep this stuff straight. Thank goodness you were able to make that switch yourself. 
  • Options
    My tw shout-out goes to the local post office. Once again they have messed up my delivery!  They've had my package since SATURDAY. Today the tracker finally said "out for delivery". I got home from work expecting my package to be here. Nope- the mailman returned it to the post office before 3pm! The post office closes at 4:30 and I didn't get done work till 5. It's not like it needs a signature or anything...it's one ONESIE I ordered for my sil. But wth!!!
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My TW is me! I am a Bad Mom this week. DD has been especially needy since she's been sick, but I don't wanna deal with her right now. Just a reminder, she's 23 and living in China. She starts IMing me at 6am and goes until 8 or 9. And starts trying to video call all day. I don't feel like listening to her whine for 90 minutes via Skype, so I had my SO talk to her and I took a bath and watched CSI on Hulu. I can't wait for school to start back up so there's other teachers there and she's not as lonely. 

AND...DS is at his Dad's for the next two weeks, and all I can think is how much I'm going to enjoy my quiet and clean house. He has a Regatta this weekend  but with temps around 104 and heat indices over 110, I think I'm going to skip it. I really feel being outside for hours in the hot part of the day isn't healthy for baby and me. 

I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about either situation! The Bad Mom Award goes to FFR!