Due date/W+D: 

Why are you high risk?

Any new appointments?

Questions?

Rants/Raves:

Re: High Risk Check-In- August

• Options

Due date/W+D: Feb 11th

Why are you high risk? History of Pre-E, but also just found out I am making antibodies against some red blood cells- we think my husband has a rare mutation causing this, but can lead to similar issues if Rh - people become sensitized to Rh + blood. So now I am seeing a MFM monthly, and then bi-monthly to make sure this baby doesn't develop hemolytic anemia since I am already sensitized from my first pregnancy

Any new appointments? waiting for the MFM doctor to call me back to set up my first scans

Questions?

Rants/Raves: Just freaking out until I have more answers

• Options
    DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited August 2019
    @kiwi2628 2628 that’s interesting and nerve wracking.  I hope all is well.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date:  Feb 15
    High Risk:  for incompetent cervix with preterm birth.
    Appointments:  Today with MFM.  Everything looks good and my cerclage is set for 8/20.  He also said he doesn’t know if he has put five cerclage in one person, lol.  I guess I will be memorable.  
    Rants/Review:  I asked for antibiotics this time around.  I think my last cerclage I got an infection and it cause way more pain than other.  I’d like to avoid all of that if I could.  He said that’s ok.  

• Options

Due date/W+D: 2/18 12w

Why are you high risk? I’m AMA and have severe PCOS. I’m on 2000mg of Metformin to hopefully keep my insulin resistance in check. I went through 4 years of infertility with my almost 5 year old daughter, and had an early miscarriage 2 years ago. 

Any new appointments? I have one coming up on 8/20

Questions? 

Rants/Raves: I am a teacher and had my first teacher day yesterday. I’m off today, but I’m so sore and exhausted that I’m anxious about how the first student day will go tomorrow. 

• Options
    @kiwi2628 wow that has to be super rare! 

@DDRRT1982 that has to be a record!  I would have thought antibiotics would be standard with a procedure like that but it's good you have a plan.

@TennisLove30 are they going to do an early GTT or other monitoring for your insulin resistance?

Due date/W+D: 2/27 10+5

Why are you high risk? I have a nerve condition called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) so I take a few different medications and have a spinal cord simulator.  Plus I'm AMA but at my MFM office and hospital they only consider you high risk if you are over 40.

Any new appointments? MFM last week went amazing and she was so reassuring.  It was the same MFM I saw for my preconception consult but they want us to see the other doctors in the practice as well.   I don't have to see them again until after my 20 week AS (10/11) but the visits will increase after that.  Monday we meet with the geneticist they recommended even though we did PGT on all our embryos.  

Questions?

Rants/Raves: I'm happy to have other high risk moms to talk with because it does help relieve some of the anxiety.  Also I'm super happy with how well my MFM appointment went because I was nervous!

Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    @celticknotfire I’m staying on Metformin for the entire pregnancy. I did the same with my first pregnancy and my sugar stayed in check.