Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS week of 8/5

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What or where would your dream vacation be?

Re: TFAS week of 8/5

• What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle? Month 15

WTO/TWW? On Provera

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Well, I’m on Provera so my thoughts aren’t going on now

Any questions?  DD has been disliking bedtime lately. She’s tired and needs to sleep but screams when we lay her down. Is it just this age? Is there something else I should try to do so we aren’t basically making her CIO every night?

Rant/Rave/Brag:  DD has started singing more. I guess at daycare she even randomly started singing the other kids’s names haha. Hopefully that means that she has DH’s musical talent!

GTKY: What or where would your dream vacation be? Right now, I’d really like to go to Ireland and Northern Ireland to see a lot of the GoT filming sites. I think that would be a fun vacation!
  • Hi everyone, I intro'd last week and am jumping in here.  :)

@mokay19 Sorry about the bedtime ordeal :( No advice here as we still struggle with bedtime as well. But, solidarity! That's so cute your DD is starting to sing more. I hope the Provera gets things going for you and you can be optimistic about the next cycle!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 6/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm optimistic, my DH and I will finally be living in the same place so I won't have to stress about timing (hopefully!)

Any questions? Not ttc related but my son and I are flying to see family later this week. We flew a bunch with him when he was itty bitty but I haven't been on a plane with him since he was 5 months. Now that he's super mobile anyone have any great plane tips to keep him occupied?  :D

Rant/Rave/Brag: We had a babysitter for the summer while I got settled in the new house/job/etc, but my son started daycare yesterday. I'm stressing over all the things he needs to "work on". Definitely felt like a mom failure when I got the report from his teacher yesterday after school. Sigh. 

GTKY: What or where would your dream vacation be? Oh gosh, we used to travel a lot but haven't been anywhere in forever. Alaska has always been on my list but we haven't made it there yet- so I'll go with that!
  • Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 months on Friday 😭

Any thoughts about this cycle? AF finished yesterday technically though it was all spotting, so maybe Sunday actually. I'm looking forward to getting a full month of temps and data.

Any questions? Not that I can think of

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm taking DD to the zoo for the first time on Friday and am so excited! She loves animals and I think she'll have a blast.

GTKY: What or where would your dream vacation be? A Mediterranean cruise. I'm dying to see several countries in Europe and love going on cruises. 

Coming back for tags after I put DD down for her nap.
  • @mokay19 sorry about bedtime struggles. Can you put a book in bed with her? That really helped my DD with bedtime. She has a board book in her crib and when I put her to bed, if she's struggling to fall asleep, she'll read her book in bed. She does that in the morning when she wakes up too and it's helped us a lot. That's so cute about your DD singing more too. I love hearing mine sing. Also I agree completely about wanting to see Ireland and Northern Ireland for GoT filming locations! That's definitely on my travel bucket list.

@rachelg777 good luck with flying! No advice here. Alaska is also on my travel list. I think an Alaskan cruise would be fun!

@tyrion_ glad you got a nice weekend away to yourself! 

@photographerwife good luck with the funeral. My grandma passed a few months ago and DD did pretty well at the calling hours. It's so hard though. Hopefully with all the family around though, you'll have extra help if you need it.
  • @tyrion_ Thanks, I needed to hear that. There was definitely some stuff she was a little unrealistic about this early, but oh well doesn’t hurt to try I guess. I hope you can sort out O and that your timing is good!

@photographerwife Thank you, those are definitely good ideas. I’m sorry to hear about your loss, I’m sure your DS will do great and the family will all love the joy a child brings during a tough time. 

@gingermama29 yay for data!! Have fun at the zoo! We recently took my DS to a safari park drive through zoo where you can feed (with the zoo food) the animals from your car and it was so cute and a great time.
  • @mokay19 I'm just here to say solidarity. I don't know what is going on with DD, she has always been great at going to bed, but lately she just screams bloody murder and needs extra cuddles.

@rachelg777 Welcome! You are doing great, try not to stress about the report. These kids all develop at their own pace. Kids are resilient and I'm sure with time he will get the daycare thing figured out.

@tyrion_ I'm glad your weekend was fun!

@photographerwife I'm sure DS will be fine, just be prepared with snacks and some quite toys. Also sit in a place where you can easily excuse yourself. I've brought DD to a few funerals and she has been great. This weekend we were just at a full catholic mass type wedding and she did amazing! She ate, walked between me and grandma, and played with the books in the pew.

@gingermama29 Happy early birthday to your LO! Have fun at the zoo.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @photographerwife I forgot to mention we are (well will be more seriously soon) going to be working on night weaning. How is it going for you?

@m6agua I’ve got my fingers crossed for you. That photo is super neat!
  • @gingermama29 @rachelg777 @m6agua Thanks for the advice! I’ll definitely bring some quiet activities to keep him busy. 
  • @rachelg777 eh, okay. lol  I don’t nurse at all during the day unless it’s a special circumstance. But he always wakes up and that’s the only way to calm him back down. But I have been cutting him off after a couple of minutes each time, so maybe we can do that until it’s nothing at all. Lol I don’t know what else to do. DH can’t stay up too much with him because he works super early. I might just bandaid them off in a week or so and see how that goes! Good luck! 
  • @photographerwife That sounds like a good plan, I don't know that there is necessarily a right way to do it.  :D Good luck to you too! 
  • @m6agua that is a beautiful picture! Sorry about your BFN.

• What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 11 / 9 (AL)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 7

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nervous and hopeful.  It's my first medicated and IUI cycle. I'm hopeful for the medication and IUI to work but also nervous because I'm not sure how the timing will work out of when I O and when I have to travel again for work.  It's really REALLY hard for me to let go of the fact that I CAN'T control things like this.  I'm a planner, so I need to plan things out like timelines and such and I can't do that with this because there's no way of knowing (yet anyway) when I am going to O on the Letrozole.  My RE is having me start the letrozole today (CD 2) instead of on CD 4 to try an get me to O a little earlier so that we can have good timing for the IUI before I travel again for work.  Right now I'll be traveling on CD 15-17.  I need to take a deep breath and just let it be and accept that what will happen will happen.  I just don't want to waste a medicated cycle, ya know?!

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant: I'm supposed to be boarding my flight right now to New Orleans for a work conference and my flight is delayed until 8:00... so I've got another 5 hours to go before I board.  I'm so frustrated and being emotional from stupid AF doesn't help at all.  Thank goodness my RE said I can have some alcohol on this medication :D

GTKY: What or where would your dream vacation be? Anywhere that my flight can't be delayed or cancelled?!?! hahaha I'd love to go to Italy, Paris, Iceland or Hawaii.... I have a large bucket list, I guess!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 @shamrocandroll hmm... I never even thought about her ears.  Can you check at home for an ear infection? haha she has her 2 year appointment on Friday evening but if I could check at home, that'd be better.
  • @mokay19 I'm not sure of how you can really check at home.  Honestly a big indicator is that they are screaming when you lay them down.  Does she do it with naps too?  It's usually worse at night as well.  Has she been running any low grade fevers?

@shamrocandroll isn't it crazy how fast they catch on to reward systems and things like that?!?! Good for him! haha 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mokay19 The few times DS has gotten an ear infection, it's when he has a runny nose or pink eye.  He also tends to tug at his ears.  Nowadays, he can just tell me "my ear hurts" but he hasn't gotten one in a long time.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll how cute!! I bet that is so sweet! I’m exicited, and not rushing DS to get to that stage. They’re really little humans! 😭 I hope it’s a fluke too, but I’m not holding out to get KU on our first cycle... 

@jrouge12 I know a lot of people temp when they wake up. But since those times are inconsistent for me on a daily basis with work and what not I always set my alarm to temp at 5:30 am, it sounds crazy, but it takes me about a minute and my thermometer is blue tooth and syncs right to it, and if I forget to open the app before I lay down it has like a 30 temp recall! You should temp! It’s a learning curve, but it does give me peace of mind. And something to focus on during all of this! A vineyard sounds soo wonderful! DS hates public bathrooms too! 
  • @mokay19 that’s so cute about your DD’s singing! This is what seems to work for us at bedtime - we pick out 2 stories to read in the chair in DD’s room and then I hand her “goodnight moon” - if she takes it, I put her in her crib and read it there and then she will usually go to sleep after. If she pushes it away, I let her pick out another book or we read one of the books again. Then hand her “goodnight moon” again and repeat the process. (This will probably backfire someday and she’ll ask for 20 books, but she has kept it reasonable so far haha) I think she likes that she has some input on when she’s ready for sleep? She does make us sit in her room until she falls asleep so it’s not a perfect method but it works for us right now. I also agree with @kpearse99 about ruling out an ear infection!

@rachelg777 Welcome! What in the world does the daycare want a 15 month old to work on??

@tyrion_ I’m glad you had fun on your getaway! I always feel like something is missing when I’m away from DD overnight too 

@photographerwife I’m sorry about your uncle! Try not to stress too much about your DS at the funeral. I feel like people just like the distraction of cute LOs in those circumstances 

@gingermama29 ohhh a Mediterranean cruise actually might be my new answer. We actually looked into it once but didn’t pull the trigger. Have fun at the zoo! 

@m6agua holy cow that sky picture is awesome. I’m with you on the basically being out but holding out hope. Maybe we will both get a surprise tomorrow!

@kpearse99 oh I’m so glad you are going to be able to attempt the IUI! I know you were worried about the timing of AF showing up and being away for your trip at the beginning of this cycle. I’m glad your RE has a plan to accommodate your work schedule too. I’m crossing everything for you this month!

@shamrocandroll “just a week in Italy”

hahahah I’m kidding obviously, I know what you mean! We thought about doing one as well and I forget why we didn’t but we decided to just do a week in Sonoma instead. That is so cute about your DS and his reward. And I’m very impressed that he said all of that at one time. I love when they do things that make them seem more like little people. 

@jrouge12I temp at 5 M-F. I don’t set an alarm on the weekends but I still usually wake up briefly around the same time so I’ve just been temping whenever I wake up and then go back to sleep 

• @kpearse99 good luck with the first round of IUI. FX crossed for success!! Sorry about delayed flights. Hopefully you're finally on your way there.

@shamrocandroll that is so adorable about your DS! It amazes me how quickly their language skills grow! And yay for no potty accidents!

@jrouge12 I started temping last cycle. I don't set any alarms but end up temping somewhere within an hour of 7am, as close to 7 as I can. It'll probably get moved a little earlier when the school year starts up again but for now, 7ish is pretty close to my normal wake up time so that's when I temp. Also a chateau on a vineyard in France sounds amazing. 

@bows22 so sorry about your BFN. Have fun on your vacation!! That sounds like it'll be a great time!
  • rachelg777rachelg777 member
    edited August 2019
    @bows22 Well the kind of bogus things I think were that he wanted her to be in sight at all times or he would cry (um it is a new place with a stranger of course he was a little scared), that he wanted to be picked up a lot when they were outside (same thing), and that he wanted to be in her lap when she put his shoes on instead of sitting by himself on the floor..... yeah. And the other things were warranted - he pushed a little girl (he will learn, he hasn't been around kids much since he was at his other daycare at 8 months), and nap time. 

ETA I'm sorry for the BFN, fingers crossed it's still early. I'm glad you and your DH are on the same page, have fun in Hilton Head!!
  • mokay19mokay19 member
    edited August 2019
    @kpearse99 @shamrocandroll I took her temperature and there is no fever.  She did have a swollen eye over the weekend but it cleared it up in about a day or so... maybe she does have something going on.  Also, she might be teething more because she asked for medicine for her teeth last night and then went to bed easily and slept great!

@bows22 yes, we have our routine of 3 books in the glider and then we sing and lay her down.  She's usually really good about sticking to that plan and she's been seemingly good at it, but once you leave the room she would start screaming.  We had no cries or screams last night so hopefully it was just a short phase!
    ETA: I'm happy that your DH is on the same page as you for the testing and using the RE referral!  Have a great vacation!

Side note:  the 2 screaming nights, she was laid down by DH and last night I did the whole bedtime routine... coincidence?? I think not!
  • @rachelg777 That’s pretty annoying. He’s still so young and like you said it’s a new place and situation and he’s going to need some extra attention to get through it. DD loves daycare and there are still plenty of days that she is in a teacher’s arms when we pick her up. Definitely don’t feel like you are doing anything wrong! 

@mokay19 oh I’m so glad your DD had a better night last night! Hopefully whatever was bugging her is over. 
  • @shamrocandroll Sorry about the confusing cycle. I think you mentioned before that you've had a slow temp rise after O previously too? Just wanted to point out that can be normal (your new normal maybe?), my BFF has a slow rise after O, every single time. That is so cute about the no accidents! I really need to get more serious about training, I have a chart with stickers/rewards but we have been so busy and not consistently home that I haven't started yet. I got a note from daycare that she will be starting morning 3 yo Pre-K and in order to get the discounted rate, she needs to be potty trained. :#

@mokay19 I was going to say it doesn't sound like an ear infection to me, I think you are on the right track with who is putting her down effecting it. FWIW when DD has had an ear infection the signs we have gotten from her is not eating much, I tend to see more ear wax, her balance is off and tripping/stumbling more, and I will see her poking her finger in her ear more often.

@jrouge12 I try to temp around the same time each morning. Since DD was born almost 3 years ago we have been using temping to avoid pregnancy so I didn't have to go on birth control. My temping times have been all over the place, they are generally around 6 am, but can really range from 3am-6:30am. I miss days here and there too. With all of that, I still can see a general temperature shift. Pairing that information along with CM, I am able to figure out O, even if FF cannot. It is about collecting the data and learning how your cycle works. Once you have several under your belt, it is much easier to predict.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• edited August 2019
    @m6agua We used the Oh Crap! Potty Training method.  It worked, but it's exhausting for sure.  Those first 3 days I felt like a prisoner.  Re: my temps... Not a super slow rise, no.  Here are my last 2 cycles for comparison.  They were based on oral temping and this month I've been doing vaginal.

ETA Tag

**TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @bows22 Sorry for the bfn... I’m glad you and YH are on the same page about testing now! Enjoy your time at Hilton head! 
  • @photographerwife Thank you! I never even thought about a bluetooth that just syncs. I've been looking on Amazon already. I'd definitely like some peace of mind my cycles go from 26-35 days! 

@m6agua Thank you. That's what I was worried about. But if I can still get a general idea even with a few inconsistent days I'll have to give it a try.

@gingermama29 I'm definitely not looking forward to my wake up time moving back to early with the school year. But at least I'll be consistent!
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle?  Jan 2018

WTO/TWW? WTO. CD2 :( 

Ages of other child(ren)? Three on Saturday

Any thoughts about this cycle? Too early to tell. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:  I am just struggling emotionally right now. I had a traumatic birth with my son, so around his birthday is always hard. I thought we would have completed our family by now too, so there is that.  I think if we don't conceive this month  or next(for a may or june delivery) we are going to push it off until it would be an October delivery. I just can't emotionally deal with a delivery date so close to my son's after everything that went wrong. 

GTKY: What or where would your dream vacation be? Croatia! There are sailing cruises I would LOOOOOVE to do

• @mokay Glad last night was better. It could be teeth, those last ones are monsters. 

@photographerwife what did your temp do today? 

@gingermama29 Enjoy the zoo Friday! Hope she loves it. 

@m6agua Sorry about the BFN yesterday. Your backyard is incredible. 

@kpearse99 Twisting myself like a pretzel crossing all the things for you that this is your cycle! 

@jrouge12 I set my alarm for 5am everyday, temp and pass back out. My thermometer has a recall so I just check it when I wake up. 

@bows22 That’s awesome you and your husband are on the same page about the RE but I really hope you get your BFP before you get there. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I wish we had more support for traumatic births/NICU stays. I’m sorry this is a hard time of year for you. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I 100% understand what you mean. I had a very traumatic delivery with DS as well, and for a while I said he would be an only child. Now if course I'm struggling TTC, and cursing myself for ever saying that. Hugs.

@tyrion_ OMG dead. 🤣 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19