April 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in w/o 8/5

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 8/5

• Figured I would go ahead and get this started...

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  EDD 4/3, STM

2. Previous loss(es)? CP 2/2017, MMC 2/2018

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  I'm doing ok! The first thing I did when I found out I was pregnant was call my OB and get BW scheduled so I could get back on progesterone. I have had low levels in all of my pregnancies and took progesterone daily during my pregnancy with DS. Since it is pretty much all I can do at this time I'm trying to just stay positive.

4. Any appointment updates? My first US isn't until the end of August because I'm moving. I'll do intake bloodwork with my OB in my current town on August 23rd though. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing much today. Working from home and enjoying the summer weather! 

6. Any milestones coming up? Just passed my CP milestone. I won't feel like I'm past my MMC milestone until I've had a successful US unfortunately

7. GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? It's actually my mom's salsa recipe! It's super simple but everyone loves it. You just throw a can or two of RoTel tomatoes & green chiles into a food processor with lemon, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and salt. You can also add jalepenos to spice it up but I usually don't. 
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 4ish weeks? Earlier? I dunno. This is my 8th pregnancy, 2 rainbow babies. 

2. Previous loss(es)? I've had 5 losses

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm all over the place. I can't believe this happened, we used a condom and I was on bcp. Guess it was the sperm that could, lol. As always, I'm nervous this one wont stay, and if it does, I'm nervous I will get cholestasis again. I am only 9 mo PP and have PPD, so this a BIG blow! 

4. Any appointment updates? I'm going Aug. 12th for an early u/s to make sure it's a uterine pregnancy. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? See the emotional bit above

6. Any milestones coming up? September 9th is the anniversary of my first loss, an ectopic. It's  the hardest. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? My mom's cream cheese poundcake. She was an amazing Baker and passed that love on to me. I make it every year for Christmas. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 4w1d/April 13/FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? BO at 10 weeks in April of 2019

I’m actually doing really well. Keeping positive, and I think that’s because I actually have symptoms this time around. I stopped myself from taking pregnancy tests after over analyzing darkness from day to day yesterday. Just waiting very impatiently to hear from my doctor on getting a blood draw done to measure HCG and progesterone, and to schedule my 6-7 week ultrasound. 

4. Any appointment updates? Nope. Waiting on a phone call. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope, just hoping that this is our rainbow. I hate this beginning stage where you feel so different but you aren’t confirmed by the doctor and you don’t really know what’s going on. I’m way too much of a planner for this! Lol. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? My grandma was a professional baker, and she made THE BEST blueberry pie. I tried to make it a few weeks ago and failed miserably. I would love to master it. No one in the family has. Lol
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    4wk3d/4/11 / 2 times
    2. Previous loss(es)? 
    2 - May and July
    Scared. The last two losses really hurt, so I'm afraid it will happen again 
    Just waiting until the 26th
    Nope!
    Nope
    That's tough! I am craving some crack chicken!
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 4w3d , April 11th. I have 2 beautiful boys 

2. Previous loss(es)? 3

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Ok and Ok. Physically I am just super tired and my boobs hurt. Emotionally I feel stoic. Keeping it very even until I know what's what. My last loss was 4th of July weekend so I was shocked to get pregnant given we only DTD twice since then with no focus on timing ! So we'll see

4. Any appointment updates? first prenatal visit next thursday . Went for bloodwork yesterday. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? So the message i just got about my bloodwork was : for HCG its still early but progesterone is high and that's very encouraging.  I get my dates aren't certain since I didn't have a period after my last loss in July. But really??? give me a number on the HCG! No idea if this is good or not. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? We are Lebanese so all things middle eastern are my jam!
  • edited August 2019
    @ejoseph16 Blueberry pie is my favorite!! No one else in my extended family likes it unfortunately so I hardly ever have it. Now it is all I can think about though! 

ETA: @jd614 I hate it when dr's offices do that! Just say the number! When I had my BW done the nurse did the same thing. Fortunately my OB has an online portal where all the test results are posted 36 hours after the draw so I just waited it out. Do you have anything like that?

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 4w, EDD April 16, I've been pregnant 6 times- 1 rainbow baby 10/7/16

2. Previous loss(es)? 4 - (3) MCs (last one in April at 8w), DS was was delivered stillborn at 22+ weeks 1/26/18

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally- my last MC hit me really hard. It felt like I had all my hope after stillbirth taken away. Doing my best to stay positive this time around, I lived in fear a lot with my last pregnancy and I don't want to do that again. Physically- exhausted, hungry and nauseous.

4. Any appointment updates? Waiting a week before calling my doctor, I will have a lot of appointments so I am trying to enjoy the calm before the storm. I'll probably try to get in at the end of next week.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope, gotta make it through until an 8w dating U/S.

7. GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? My grandmother's biscuits.
  • I’m just over 5 weeks today and due April 11 2020. I’m a 2nd time mom, without my first child at home, so I’m also a 1st time mom in a way.

My DD was stillborn at 40 wks + 1 day in September 2018.  She was a beautiful 8 lb / 21 in baby with a head full of black hair, my nose and ears and my husbands eye set, chin and cheeks.

Emotionally - a little all over the board.  For our DD we had a failed IVF and then she was a successful FET.  We lost her on her due date, was induced and gave birth to her the next day.  It took a lot of prayer and consideration for my husband and I to decide to try IVF one more time.  We are overjoyed to be pregnant and see this baby as a sibling for our DD (stillborn) and talk to our angel baby letting her know that as overjoyed as we are, we will always want her.  

Physically - fatigue, bloated and gassy. 

Aug 21 is our ultrasound and I’ll be 6.5 weeks.  Crossing my fingers that all goes well but just trying to enjoy the day by day in the meantime.   

September 23 would have been our DD’s 1st birthday.

My family always called them “oven pancakes” but they are also known as a “Dutch Baby”.  (Pic in spoiler)

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    5w6d
    2. Previous loss(es)? 
    None
    Nervous that something will go wrong, excited for what can go right! Physically I feel fine so far. Some light cramping off and on and frequent urination. 

First appointment is August 30th. I’ll be almost 9 weeks! 

None so far! 

We plan to tell our parents not this week, but next week! We haven’t told anyone yet except the doctor’s office! 

I can’t think of any family recipes right now.. I would say meat pies that my dad makes at Christmas time and are a traditional Acadian recipe, but I’m a vegetarian so I don’t eat them!