April 2020 Moms

August Symptoms

It's early, but any symptoms?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: August Symptoms

• The bloat is real here. I know it’s not baby, but there’s definitely some blump. Nausea off and on as well and so tired. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • I'm still BF the baby. I started having some tenderness last night, which prompted my test. Extra sensitive smell. Compete exhaustion
  • Loading the player...
  • Nausea on and off, exhaustion, serious boob soreness (especially in the nipples), and starting with some bloat. 
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    No real symptoms here except for the major bloat - and i know it's not the baby :( I've been spending an hour every evening looking for good maternity dresses. Is it too early? i have a muffin top when i button my jeans, it's uncomfortable. 
    Last night i felt period like symptoms - a feeling of heaviness and legs felt achy. This morning i'm having some pinching on my left hip. At this point i don't know what's the pregnancy vs my endometriosis. 
    STMs on this board, when did your MS start the last time? honestly, i'm freaking out about it despite not getting it yet. 
  • So far, mainly just bloat and constsntly having to pee already. I have had some cold chills, which prompted me to test. Last pregnancy, I had chills and had DH go out and buy me a heated blanket. 🤣
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sanpelligrino I remember morning sickness starting within a few weeks last time and lasting till I was 26 weeks. Not everyone gets it, so enjoy not having it. If you do get it, buy the preggie pop drops! They helped me to some extent.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I just bought those! I figure if I’m already getting morning sickness, it’s only going to get worse 😩
  • @sanpelligrino Usually not until 6-7 weeks and lasts until about 10ish weeks. I have endo too. It can cause some unnecessary cramping. I've dealt with cramping every pregnancy I've had. If you can, laying down helps me and taking tylenol of it gets super uncomfortable
  • @sanpelligrino As a FTM, you may not need maternity clothes for awhile. I didn't need them till around halfway last time. I will say that I loved maternity clothes. I just felt so comfy with all the stretchy clothes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sore boobs, have to pee ALL THE TIME (I don't remember that this early.) A little bit of bloat. Also, getting really tired in the afternoons, the last few days I've been dozing off when my 2 year old naps.

@sanpelligrino I literally just bought 2 clearance maternity tops from old navy this morning! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Also, my morning sickness started at around 6 weeks with my first pregnancy. But, no nausea over here yet either. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sanpelligrino First time, nausea started around 6 or 7 weeks. This time, about 7 dpo. I started wearing maternity clothes around 16 weeks last time. Thinking I’ll be starting earlier this time given the blump. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 My blump last time was awful, I was in maternity pants at 10 weeks because my regular pants basically put themselves on strike. 
  • Nothing major here yet. A little nausea on and off, but the preggie pop drops help. The thing that tipped me off that I might be pregnant was a burning sensation in my boobs, but that has mostly gone away. With DD I never threw up or had debilitating nausea, so I'm hoping I get lucky again.
  • Thanks ladies, i def plan to enjoy the non-MS phase while it last :smiley: 
    I feel like i'd rather buy maternity jeans and leggings now, than larger size pants. My pants are uncomfortable to button, i have a major blump and i'm afraid co-workers will start to notice. I dont plan on announcing until the 2nd trimester . @Kathryn0903 tell me about it, i pee every half n hour as well, i forgot that it is a symptom. I've been having this issue since the IUI so ovulation time :(
    @kerriann0o114 ooh i'm going to have to check out old navy now.

Do you ladies work out ? Ever since i've been on my medicated IUI cycles, i've taken it easy and i think that's contributed to the bloat, it's all the FSH shots I've taken to get my BFP. 
  • I thought I was tired because I have a ten month old, turns out I’m tired because I’m 5 weeks pregnant! ♥️
    So far so good. I was super nauseous at this point in my last pregnancy, maybe it’s the breastfeeding that’s holding it off?
  • @kat_u I have a 9 month old and I'm still BF as well!  
  • @sanpelligrino I try to hit the gym 1-3 times per week depending on my mood and how my toddler is acting. Last pregnancy, my gym had a prenatal fitness class which was awesome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm motivated to start exercising, at least a 2 mile walk and some body weight exercises. thanks @wildrainbow its good to know another sister with endo who's pregnant. The cramps come n go, nothing too serious. 
  • @sanpelligrino - my first pregnancy I found a belly band at Target so I could wear my pants unbuttoned/unzipped and that got me with all my work pants / jeans well into my 6th month.   I passed it on to a pregnant co-worker so once my pants stop fitting me this time around I plan on buying another one.  As far as MS - my first pregnancy it didn’t show up until sometime in my 8th week. HTH!

here’s the link to the belly band I bought first time around: https://www.target.com/p/maternity-bellaband--174--support-belt---isabel-maternity--153--by-ingrid---isabel--174--black-l-xl/-/A-52228525

• @mandarenee898 I used that belly band too. I also used it postpartum when my maternity clothes were too loose and my regular clothes were too tight. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I was wishing I didn’t give it away! I ended up wearing maternity clothes, sometimes falling down, until my regular ones fit! 
  • @sanpelligrino I have endometriosis too and I've also been having some mild cramping a lot of days. I keep telling myself that as long as there's not bleeding with the cramping then I'm fine, but it is disconcerting for sure.

I've been feeling really bloated. It's uncomfortable to wear my jeans right now so I've been sticking to leggings and yoga pants when I can. Major fatigue. I've been lucky not to have morning sickness yet, although in the evenings sometimes I do feel a tiny bit nauseous. What's weird is that I've been craving milk like you wouldn't believe and I don't even LIKE milk! Definitely started noticing some aversions as well, I cooked brussel sprouts the other night and they just tasted kind of off and bitter, which normally I don't mind but this time it really stuck out. And then the green smoothies I've been getting at the juice bar for weeks also tasted bitter today. I'm thinking it's probably the kale in it.
  • @littleredm oh the food aversions! Seriously! Ranch dressing and coffee are my favorite, but not apparently for baby. 😩
  • @littleredm you're abolsutely right! as long as theres no bleeding it's all fine.
    Is this your first pregnancy?
    It's funny you mentioned milk, it's been forever that i've had milk, and i'm finding myself thinking of having a glass of milk very often, perhaps its my body and brain asking for some?
    No food aversions or MS yet, but the last 2 days i've been feeling wiped out in the afternoons. 
  • @sanpelligrino yes this my first pregnancy! :)
  • themamalionthemamalion member
    edited August 2019
    @wildrainbow and @kat_u I’m still nursing, too. Our little guy is 18 months. Has pregnancy changed anything for you, in terms of nursing?  I’ve heard it can make your supply drop, but I’m not sure how I’d even know? :(

The symptoms are mild so far: I can smell ALL THE THINGS, I’m ready to nap at any moment, and I have the occasional stabby boob pain.

@sanpelligrino The constant nausea starts around six weeks for me, and goes away around 13 or 14 weeks. Two weeks until it begins, ugh. And I was in maternity pants at about 10 weeks.  The only thing that cured my nausea was pasta, so it’s no wonder I needed the maternity pants early!

TW: MORE DRAMA THAN LIFETIME TELEVISION!

3 miscarriages.
    2 chemical pregnancies.
    1 infant loss.

8/2016: We lost our first baby to CHARGE Syndrome and HLHS when he was 3 weeks old. 
    1/2018: Our healthy son was born. :)
    4/13/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @themamalion I haven't  noticed any changes yet, but my little man is teething so he is nursing all. The. Time. I'm hoping we can last through the first tri so that I can get him to a year. 
  • @soprano19 you’re so right ! I have no symptoms , had my last HCG draw on Saturday, and I don’t know what’s going on since 😰 I don’t have sore boobs, or any of the other symptoms. The one symptom I do have is I can take unlimited naps and my belly is bloated . 
  • @sanpelligrino Usually not until 6-7 weeks and lasts until about 10ish weeks. I have endo too. It can cause some unnecessary cramping. I've dealt with cramping every pregnancy I've had. If you can, laying down helps me and taking tylenol of it gets super uncomfortable
    I’ve had cramping everyday since I found out. Sometimes it feels like my endo pains so I was also curious if the endo was contributing or making things worse. 

Other than that just sore boobs. I’m worried about MS starting. I’m 5w + 2 today. 
  • @maverick14 I’ve heard some cramping in early pregnancy could be normal. As long as there is no bleeding, it should be fine. The cramping is a result of the uterus and surrounding tissues/ligaments stretching to accommodate a pregnancy in the near future. I’ve read some women have cramps throughout pregnancies and have not had any issues. Hope this puts your mind at ease.
    However having said that, it’s also common for endo to cause some cramping because it reacts to fluctuations in hormones during pregnancy. Are you on progesterone ? My cramping is quite rare since I’ve been on progesterone. I just generally feel better on it. 
    Fingers crossed you don’t have any major MS 
  • @sanpelligrino I’m not on progesterone. That’s interesting though. I haven’t seen my obgyne since my follow up from my laparoscopy last fall. Most people here don’t see an OB until around 12 weeks. If you go to the doctor for confirmation of pregnancy they would generally just do a urine test. You also aren’t guaranteed to get an early u/s .. only if you’re unsure of dates. (This is Canada) I suppose I should ask if there’s a need for an early appt due to the endo. 
  • Hello all,
    I have also been super bloated! Not to mention the horrible constipation... :/ I have been eating so much fruit- plums, grapes, berries, and allowing myself 2 cups of coffee to get things moving, going for long walks, and nothing helps.

I also have sore boobs and am exhausted, I can't focus on work at all in the afternoons... but no nausea, if anything I am hungry. As I mentioned in the waiting room thread I am a tiny bit worried because I have no ms, but seems that it can be normal or come later, I am 6 weeks today.

• I am super early (I think 4w4d) but nausea started this morning and my boobs hurt. Also exhausted come the afternoon so Ive been splitting my 1 coffee a day in half and doing half in the morning half in the afternoon. 
  • I've had absolutely no symptoms. Besides cramps & bloat. With my last two boys I had sore boobs and nausea. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @kath1414 sorry I meant to tag you in my previous post and tagged maverick instead. 
    Yes I suppose you’re right, and I don’t think even endo would warranty an early doctors appointment unless you’re in a lot of pain and/or there is bleeding. 
    I had to see an RE to get pregnant, so I suppose my journey was a little different. 
  • @anxious35 - try having a glass of metamucil. It's a fibre supplement that you mix in water and can get you out of your bind and is considered safe in pregnancy. I had some constipation during my treatment cycles and progesterone generally makes you constipated, metamucil def helped. 
  • @sanpelligrino my username was maverick before .. I changed it! Sorry for the confusion! Lol 
  • @mandarenee898 i just ordered the belly band from target. thank you :)