Weekly Group 2 Check-In (3/9 - 3/16) Week of 8/5

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: (borrowed from group 4) What is the one thing you'll miss while pregnant? 

Re: Weekly Group 2 Check-In (3/9 - 3/16) Week of 8/5

• Loading the player...
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese man, I'm jealous that you're not worried about handling two kids. I'm terrified! And yeah, I vacillate between low-grade nausea and hunger. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• edited August 2019
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese man, I'm jealous that you're not worried about handling two kids. I'm terrified! And yeah, I vacillate between low-grade nausea and hunger. 
    Well saying I’m not worried at ALL is a bit of a fib on my part. More like ignoring that part of my anxiety so it isn’t all consuming. But it’s true that I’m less worried about that than I am how DD will handle it. 
  • lemonlove86lemonlove86 member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D: 3/10, 9+2 (my DRs method for calculating EDD is different from TB, I think)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming appts: First appt with my new OB on 8/30. #allthetesting done then! 

How are you feeling?: Better! Nausea seems to be on its way out and I have a little more energy in the mornings. Wiped out by the afternoon though. Also I’m SO HOT all of the time. 

Rants/Raves: A family member signed up for TB to follow along with how big baby is, and I’m annoyed they’ll check message boards and try to look for me. Hence why I changed my username. Boundaries, people!!!

Questions: 

GTKY: (borrowed from group 4) What is the one thing you'll miss while pregnant? Ditto on the booze @stassischroeder! Not sure how I’ll make it through holiday season without my wine!!  
  • @lemonlove86 Ugh, I never want anyone from "real life" to find me here.
    @miss.sally Hope you have fun at the beach and get to enjoy food soon!
    @EmilyLove25 You puked 8 times!? I'm so sorry.
    @jenEP We're also finding out because of DH's request. We didn't last time and I loved it, but it's not a priority for me this time around. Also, if you have the resources to hire a doula and take classes, I feel like the more preparing you do, the better. 
    @varimama Welcome to Group 2! Also FFTC, I still eat my eggs over medium, but haven't been digging eggs recently.  :#

EDD/W+D: 3.13/8w+4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out through NIPT. Blood draw next week. 

Baby is the size of a(n): peanut! Which is fun since I'm calling this baby peanut. (our last name starts with P, and DS was referred to as sweet pea through my pregnancy)

Upcoming appts: Exam, U/S and NIPT on Aug 14.

How are you feeling?: Luckily, I'm feeling pretty good, besides being tired.

Rants/Raves: Just trying to get through Aug 14th. Work is crazy busy until then, and it's my appointment, which I hope will give me some reassurance. 

Questions: Heading over to STM thread to ask. 

GTKY: (borrowed from group 4) What is the one thing you'll miss while pregnant? Just like @stassischroeder... Booze! 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • varimamavarimama member
    edited August 2019
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese and @stassischroeder +1 to be worried about how DS is going to handle a sibling (and how I’m going to handle 2, especially during the sleepless newborn phase) 

@lemonlove86 yikes I’m always worried someone I know will stumble across my posts on here or theknot. Not like I say anything terrible but sometimes I just need to vent ya know

@miss.sally i usually love food too and it’s hard that nothing sounds good ever. I’ve got aversions to sweets again and usually I’m someone who has chocolate every day but it just sounds horrible to me. DS offered me one of his Oreos the other day and it made me gag 

@EmilyLove25 I hope you start feeling better soon, I can’t imagine having to use public restrooms. I had to a couple times last pregnancy when someone microwaved something awful in the office (like fish or something equally smelly that just should never be microwaved). I used to joke to DH that the next person who made me need to puke I was going to right in their desk trash can 

@jenEP I think it might depend on where you plan to deliver for how much you need to put into an unmedicated birth. My hospital was very pro natural birth so they kind of tried to push everyone towards it but when I decided enough was enough and I needed an Epi they were totally willing to do so. So if your place is like that maybe just a class on pain management or something but if your place pushes intervention then a doula would be helpful to advocate for you. 

@MrsVP614 over medium probably isn’t that bad, I prefer mine sunny side up so I can’t really justify it 😬

edited bc bc I hit post too fast
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @varimama Who on god's green earth microwaves fish... in a public space?!?!?!? EWWWWWWW. And thank you! So far today is better :smile:
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Same with the snacks, except I still feel nauseated. The only way to stave off the nausea is to eat basically every hour. I. do. not. have. time. for. that. ish. 
    @stassischroeder @WorkingOnMyNightCheese - The 2 kid thing really does just work itself out. I know every kid is different and they all react to things in different ways, but in my experience, the best thing was allowing DS1 to be a part of anything. He could watch baths, or diaper changes, or me nursing, or whatever, when he wanted and we tried to let him play with the baby, gently, pretty quickly. As for your own preparedness, having a 2nd baby will immediately make your first baby love feel GIANT. I was all kinds of emotional about that. But the getting out and making a schedule for 2 just sort of happened. You'll both do great! 
    @EmilyLove25 @miss.sally You 2 have had it so bad and I'm so sorry! I can't imagine! 
    @jenEP The advice I got from my L&D nurse friend, is absolutely pay for pain management type classes. She says you won't be able to get through if you don't know those tricks and tips for relieving labor pain/pressure specifically. As far as the doula, I agree with others. You have to know how intervention prone your hospital is and also how likely you/your partner are to be bulldozed by nurses or doctors. I am not afraid to stand up for myself, and my DH is supportive of my choices, so I don't feel like I would need the doula, but not everyone has that support or personality. 
    @varimama I also still eat over medium eggs...I think you'd be okay! I wonder if Expecting Better says anything about eggs? 

DD/W+D: 9+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out...probably next week!! 

Baby is the size of a(n): blackberry

Upcoming appts: TODAY! First appt. and u/s. 1:50 feels like FOREVER.

How are you feeling?: Nausea comes in waves, but the B6/Unisom thing is helping and if I ALWAYS have something in my stomach I do okay. The Unisom is definitely NOT helping my fatigue. 

Rants/Raves: Baked potatoes are life right now and I'm not even mad. I have recently diagnosed celiac, so I can't eat a lot of my previous pregnancy go to carbs, but baked potatoes have always been there for me. 

Questions: Nothing I can think of! 

GTKY: (borrowed from group 4) What is the one thing you'll miss while pregnant? I am really hoping I get this back second trimester, but right now COFFEE. Gah, I miss coffee. 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• @RanFan28 thank you for the reassurance! I'll need you to repeat that about 89 times during the next 8ish months  :D And YAY for your appointment today! Sending such good vibes :) 
    And, now I want a baked potato lol. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder You got it. 👍🏼

**TW**

• @varimama I worry about the NB phase as well. DD had reflux and basically never slept and cried constantly for the first two months. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen again!
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese DD1 had horrible colic for the first 10 weeks. DD2 was basically the opposite. She was calm as can be during the witching hour (she wasn't a great sleeper in the middle of the night, but that's a story for another day). It made my experience completely different. I actually enjoyed the newborn phase! I hope that is your experience this time as well. 
  • jenEP said:
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese DD1 had horrible colic for the first 10 weeks. DD2 was basically the opposite. She was calm as can be during the witching hour (she wasn't a great sleeper in the middle of the night, but that's a story for another day). It made my experience completely different. I actually enjoyed the newborn phase! I hope that is your experience this time as well. 
    This gives me so much hope, thanks! <3
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese yea DS didn’t sleep for a couple months either unless DH or I was holding him. We took 3 hour shifts all night and watched so much Netflix to try and stay awake. Then he started sleeping well like 5-6hr hour stretches and then the 4 month regression hit and he didn’t sleep more than 40 minutes at a time at night until 19 months when I finally night weaned him. 

FX our.next ones are better sleepers! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Good news in the ultrasound thread...☺️❤️

**TW**

• EDD/W+D: 3/11

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appts: 8/22, which may include genetic testing since I'm AMA

How are you feeling?: Constantly hungry and constantly tired. My boobs hurt.  I have to pee a lot. Other than that, I guess not so terrible. 

Rants/Raves: My house is a disaster right now and nobody seems to care except for me, and I'm too tired by the time I get home at the the if the day to do anything about it. 😭

Questions: Nah. 

GTKY: (borrowed from group 4) What is the one thing you'll miss while pregnant?  I'm in a weekly run club. We meet at a brewery, run three miles, and meet back at the brewery to drink beer and eat dinner together. Obviously the beer is now out for me. I have also been having a hard time running because I'm so tired, and I seem to get winded so fast now. The whole thing is not the same for me anymore and I miss it terribly already.
  • Hi mamas I’m new here was over in February but instead I’m supposed to be here. My ovulation is all out of wack I am still nursing my 13 month old and now my
    EDD/W+D: 3/14/20 I suspect I’ll go early but I would love a Friday the 13th baby. Lol

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we are not finding out’nn

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appts: my 30th birthday on the 23rd!

How are you feeling?: this first trimester is the pits. Nausea so much round ligament pain and I love to sleep. Which is not easy with a 1 year old who doesn’t sleep through the night. 

Rants/Raves: I’m tired. I want energy. That’s it

Questions: how in the world will I do 2under2!?!?

GTKY: (borrowed from group 4) What is the one thing you'll miss while pregnant? Sushi! And hard cider. It sounds so refreshing right now!

@jenEP you can do it naturally! I had my first epidural free. And loved it! Literally excited to give birth this time! I didn’t have a doula but I highly suggest one. Make a birth plan. You will rock it momma!!
  • 9 weeks 2 days 😊

Finding out the sex after NIPT at 11 weeks. Next appt is NT scan at 12 weeks.

I feel nauseous and snack all day to keep from getting excessively nauseous. Hope to get back to healthier eating in the second tri. Also so tired!

Rave: Now that my family knows they’ve been trying to be helpful when we’re together, telling me to sit down and chasing after the kids for me, so that’s been nice.

Rant: I have to pack our family, including 2 and 4 year olds, for a 14-hour road trip and week long vacation in a lake house. Super excited for the vacation but not the prep or the drive. Any packing/road tripping suggestions I haven’t seen on Pinterest? We’ll be driving five hours, stopping for dinner, and then “putting the kids to bed” (switching to pjs, watching a short movie, blankets, etc) and hoping they (and I) sleep the rest of the way while hubs drives. 

Thing I miss most while pregnant is eating normally. Pregnancy IBS plus first trimester nausea means I have to eat so carefully and there is no fun in it. I hope this doesn’t last all pregnancy. 

• Sorry for being super late with this....this week has been hell!!

EDD/W+D: 9wks+2d Getting official DD at next appointment

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: We are definitely finding out but discussing whether we will share it with everyone.

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry 

Upcoming appts: Aug.15th First OB Appt.

How are you feeling?: Ehh...Lately, I have been feeling so nauseous but haven't had to throw up. I figured out it's from the prenatal I've been taking. I normally take it in the morning with breakfast so I've switched to taking it later in the day and it's helped. Tums and ginger ale have been my go-to the past week. 

Rants/Raves: Super excited that I have vacation coming up. We are going on a fall foliage cruise. Looking forward to some much needed R&R. 

Questions: None

GTKY: (borrowed from group 4) What is the one thing you'll miss while pregnant? Like most people booze but particularly Sangria! Also, sleeping through the night. The peeing is out of control lol

• @stacey6689 My doctor had me switch from taking my prenatal first thing in the morning to right before bed.  It has eliminated almost all of my nausea, which is amazing!  I would get sooo sick when I would take them during the morning or afternoon.
  • @Malidocious Yeah, I've been taking it in the afternoon but by dinner the nausea starts. Today, I am going to wait till right before bed. Hoping that helps. Glad it worked for you...I think nausea is by far the worst symptom!
  • @stacey6689 Thanks, and I hope it works for you, too!  Honestly, I haven't even had much nausea at all since I switched what time I take my prenatal vitamins.  I have a handful of other symptoms, but no morning sickness really... which usually makes me feel pretty anxious, but I'm trying not to let it get to me!
  • I’m so late on these but I CANNOT SLEEP. So I’m just jumping on all my boards now 🤣

EDD/W+D: March 13th! 9W+1 (

Team: We have to find out for my toddler. He’s convinced it’s a baby sister and if it’s not he will be devastated and we will have to prepare him for it 🤔

Baby is the size of a(n): Grape/Cherry

Upcoming appts: Just had my first one!!

How are you feeling?: After being stuck to my bed with overwhelming tears, nausea, and fatigue... I am starting to have a few hours a day where I feel human enough to go for a walk!

Rants/Raves: I GET SO HUNGRY AFTER 9:00PM. I want to literally eat everything in my house. At least my daytime craving is boxed mac and cheese so my toddler stays happy with our lunch choices 🤣🤣

Questions: Hubby is convinced there are two babies... is it possible to miss one of them on the first scan?? It was vaginal. I would love twins! So fun! But I’m also 1000% okay with one! But he isn’t giving up hope yet!! Lol.

GTKY: (borrowed from group 4) What is the one thing you'll miss while pregnant?

Sushi! And really warm baths. Also runny eggs. And being able to sleep at night. Pregnancy makes me nocturnal... 🤷🏽‍♀️