Ask your questions here!
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Weekly Questions w/o 8/4

• What would you put in a First Trimester Survival Kit?
  • @kagesstarshroom some ideas: preggo pops, one of those water bottles that has the time on it (tells you how much to drink every few hours), a sleep mask (the ones that cover your eyes), the book Sippy Cups are not for Chardonay, meditation tape, a pregnancy journal.

If you want someone else to curate it for you, there is a company called Bump Boxes that sends out items based on trimester. But it’s more like ultrasound frames and cute stuff instead of a “survival kit.”
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited August 2019
    Alright ladies - carb and protein packed snacks that taste good?? Currently expecting 2 & am STARVING most of the day (but then get nauseous and heart burn lol) and I don’t want to eat empty calories 

ETA - currently turning to hummus & pita chips, Greek yogurt flip cups, and cereal as quick snacks
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited August 2019
    @kagesstarshroom saltines, maybe a nice set of PJs or loungewear that’s maternity friendly? 

@chichiphin I like Good Culture cottage cheese a lot (both the 2% and 4% are so much tastier than other brands). I do a savory thing with salt and pepper and chopped almonds, cucumbers, olives, kraut, whatever. Apple slices with nut butter. Cheese stick. Chia seed muffins or chia pudding. White bean dip if you get sick of hummus. 
  • @kagesstarshroom ginger ale? Hard candies. Granola bars.

@chichiphin I’ve been craving chicken salad so I splurged on some from the deli at Whole Foods. When hunger strikes I just put a little on wheat bread. 
  • @chichiphin I have been cutting up apples and dipping them in Greek Yogurt with a dab of honey and/or peanut butter--that doesn't help w/ the carbs as much, but should w/ getting the protein in? Today, I also added a dab of matcha powder today too--not enough to turn the yogurt remotely green at all. Just enough for a hint of flavor. I feel like (esp. plain) Greek yogurt is so versatile-- you can use it as the vehicle for granola/cereal, eat it on its on with like agave and nuts, use it as a dip--I was even doing savory yogurt bowls for lunch earlier this year. ALSO: egg salad sandwiches, but don't make my mistake--I added too many spices/flavors. I should have just stuck with a super simple version. Oh and I always have a bag of almonds (roasted, lightly salted) around for when I can't think of anything else. Even if I don't think I'm in the mood for them, they are still very edible.
  • @chichiphin string cheese, babybel light, 100 ca packs of nuts, mini kind bars. 
  • Hey yall, I have a general question--has anyone ever moved mid-pregnancy? Like, moved states? The way our lives are trending, we're likely going to be moving back to the area we're from in like December, and while it's the best choice for our lives, it's something that is already causing me a little stress. My SIL said there are OBs delivering babies everywhere, so not to worry too much about having to find one. I have a laundry list of other worries, but I am curios if anyone else has ever done this OR if any of you have any general advice for doing this. Since at this point it's probably going to happen, please no horror stories? I already can't sleep at night haha. Thanks!
  • @kagesstarshroom no experience with being pregnant while moving... BUT I have moved so many times with the military and during inopportune life events, and all I can say is take it day by day and it will all work out. 

I'd also start OB shopping now - call and explain how far along you'll be and see if you can get on the books/send records. I've heard it can be tough to get an OB to take you in after a certain amount of weeks but this could just be a rumor. No reason to not be on top of that part tho!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @kagesstarshroom Much like you, I was in the dissertation writing stage of my PhD when I got (accidentally!) pregnant with DD. I was living in Maryland/DC at the time, and knew it was the last year of my assistantship. I moved to Cincinnati, where I am from and where I live now, when I was 6 months pregnant. My main advice is to be very upfront with your current care provider and to start researching providers in your new area asap (now). Make sure you find one who has everything you need. Then on my last appointment with my MD provider, I had to get a binder of my paperwork from them and bring it to my new provider. It honestly went REALLY well! You have SO many more appointments in your third trimester, that I still had time to bond with my new provider and get to know all the doctors in the practice! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @chichiphin @emilylove25 Thanks this is all very helpful! I on the ACA for insurance because #GradStudentLife, & one of my concerns is about applying for health insurance in a different state for January--I can't even start shopping for my new health insurance plan until Nov. 1. (Also, current POTUS wants to do away w/ maternity protection w/in the ACA which is a whole other category of "keeping me up at night")--I suppose there's no way to know if an Ob will even talk to me w/out me knowing what my health insurance provider will be/coverage will look like unless I call & ask, though. (I had one appointment once w/ an ob in the Penn system when I lived in PHL, so maybe I will see if that person will still see me?) Anyway, this is good too bc it is forcing DH to be less "probably" about the move--like, I will need to know bc of the drs/insurance, at the very least. I also NEED to graduate this semester (or I can graduate from afar, which I don't want to do, but I digress), but I am READY.
  • @kagesstarshroom if you were under the care of that OB, i'd ask! also if your current provider uses EPIC for charting, Penn & that provider can be connected via Community Connect and all of your records will be instantly available :) 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @kagesstarshroom I moved when I was 7 months pregnant and all was fine. I also moved when DD was 6 weeks old, and I think moving while pregnant was MUCH easier!! I was able to find an OB right away (and I hadn’t done any research Prior to). I would suggest researching just because this was 10 years ago now and insurance has changed a lot. 
  • As @emilylove25 said be up front with your provider. They may even know a new doc in your area! My OB when I lived in Virginia recommended by OB in NJ because she had been a chief resident at an NJ hospital near where I was moving and knew the docs there. It was SO random but completely helpful!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • question for all - last night I was lounging on my couch on my left side (gif for reference)

and got this deeper pinching pain in the bottom left of my ute... to the point where i had to move off of my side. is this normal? is anyone else experiencing discomfort in certain positions already?
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin last pregnancy I had this deep, exquisite pain in my left hip joint by 9 or 10 wks. Felt tendon-y. Was worse when I walked or sat in certain positions. Super annoying and painful. My midwife said the hormones make things loosen in uncomfortable ways. It disappeared by 12 weeks and returned much later in the third tri. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @orbmaker ugh that sounds terrible! i've had a few sharp pains when I move too quickly or sneeze... but I'm only 5+6 right now - but currently packing 2 in there - perhaps I'll get these awful/wonderful things sooner than a singleton
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin since this is pregnancy #2, I don't think it's abnormal to feel RLP really early. I felt it once already when I coughed in bed last week. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder that's true too - I was 15 wks in March, so my ute is probably just getting back to what it knows. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin definitely RLP. I started having it at like 5-6 weeks this time around and now it’s pretty constant. Insane how early it starts!!! 
  • Has anyone had a yeast infection while KU? Got my pap results back and I have a very slight yeast infection. DR said to use Monistat 3 day after first trimester is over. Any experience with this? 
  • @chichiphin this is number 4 for me and I thought I was crazy when I was feeling what I’m certain is RLP already a week or so ago I’m 6 weeks now). When I sneeze or get up too quickly it’s really painful! 
  • @lemonlove86 I get yeast infections often while KU. Not fun at all. I was always told that the 7 day Monistat is the safest during pregnancy, but I’d follow your doctor’s advice. 
  • @chichiphin I have been eating lots of Kodiak products. They have a pancake mix that is full of carbs/protein and they also have protein muffins that you just add water and pop them in the microwave. You can find them at Target. 
  • @justcallmesamson ohhh i forgot about those!!! I love those too... thanks!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18