December 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/29

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/29

• Options
    Someone at my office (within my line of cubicles) is shaking their foot and it's shaking my chair.  I'm annoyed.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @mecoats that sounds oddly intense. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Someone a cube away from me has the emergency alert sound as their ring tone and refuses to silence the damn phone. Thank goodness he left early or I might’ve thrown it out the window. 
  • Options
    @ale9687  omg I know which ringtone you are talking about. It's the worst
  • Options
    I don't think Orange is The New Black can save itself anymore...I have no desire to watch it which I feel sad about but wow. IT's sooooooo bad the last 2 seasons. 
  • Options
    @ale9687 my sweet loving husband uses that as his ALARM 🙈

@ktmaesim I gave up on it I think in season 5 sadly. 
  • Options
    Facebook Marketplace is a shitshow and people are so rude. We posted our kitchen appliances for sale because we’re renoating and getting new ones. People don’t show up to scheduled appointments and I wasted an hour of my day today.  :s

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    I gave up on OITNB last season I think. I couldn’t do it. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    We’re debating on watching the last season. We’ve tried but have had troubles with the last season. 
  • Options
    We gave up on it too.  I watch the season after the riot I think, and haven’t since.  Honestly, I was done with the underwear season, but DH wanted to keep watching.

i went ahead and just read spoilers to see what happens to all the characters, as I have no intentions to watch anymore.
  • Options
    CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited July 2019
    My husband woke up this morning and for whatever reason decided that today, after it being there for a few weeks, the basket of laundry that's been sitting in our room is an issue. It's been there so long neither of us know if it's clean or dirty. The thing is, if it's clean, then he's the one who left it there because I hate wrinkled clothes and always put things away immediately (except sometimes socks and underwear). 

His solution, which still makes no sense to me how he came to this conclusion, is that we each have our own labeled basket for our individual laundry which we will now be responsible for. So I now only have my own laundry, and our son's laundry to do, husband's doing all of his own, and he'll stop leaving my clothes sitting wrinkled in a basket for weeks.  A++ would agree to these terms again! 
  • Options
    @capricaandrea DH hasn’t let me touch his laundry since we got together (10 yes ago). He is also the only one that uses a laundry basket to bring his clean clothes up into our bedroom. So when his stuff sits around for weeks I just remind him, if he let me do wash for him it would be put away. Instead he prefers having to steam his outfit every single morning bc his clothes weren’t put away and are wrinkled. 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea We all have our own baskets plus one in the laundry room for odds and ends. Unfortunately I still get stuck doing it all. I literally despise laundry.
  • Options
    Have any of you ladies tried ScotchGuard on your furniture? I am so nervous because we just moved and bought all new furniture this winter, but I need to protect it from baby! Just here for peace of mind I guess before I go ahead and give it a go! 
  • Options
    rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited July 2019
    @ktmaesim All our stuff is ScotchGuarded because of our dog. Works like a charm. My husband has spilled coffee on our white chair before because a certain furry butthead thought he could jump in his lap while he was holding his mug, and it came out really easily.
  • Options
    I'm also a ScotchGuard devotee.  We use it a lot.  I just used it on my new comforter because the base color is white and a certain furry four legged baby likes to sleep on our bed (only when we aren't there, we disturb her too much for her to actually share the bed with us lol)
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited August 2019
    OMG, pregnancy brain was kicking in bad yesterday.  I had a birthday party to take my daughter to, and for some reason, I was absolutely sure the time was 3-5, and it was 1-3!  Needless to say, we were unfashionably late, but luckily everybody stuck around for another three hours (it was at a community aquatic park).  DD would have been heartbroken if she hadn’t played with her BFF!  I payed for my mistake- the heat of sitting by the pool without much shade wiped me out yesterday 🥵- exhausting!