2nd Trimester

True labor or Braxton Hicks??

Currently 18weeks along and have been having "contractions" on and off for the past 3-4 days. On day 1 had bad lower back pain, some crampy pain and stomach tightening, but mainly on my left side as well as some watery discharge in the morning of day 1. It continued all night(tossing & turning) same thing for day 2(strong back pain,mostly left sided & same crampy feeling and stomach tightening.  On day 3 was feeling better with the exception of some stabbing cervical pain, and light spotting. On day 4 now back to feeling strong pains in my back and stomach mostly left sided and stomach tightening. I don't have an ob/gyn since I just moved over 2hrs away/lost my insurance this month. Is this labor or Braxton hicks? Should I go to my local ER? Also wanted to mention I lost a piece of my mucus plug approx a week prior to all of this. Had same thing happen around 20weeks(1cm dilated)with previous pregnancy but nothing after he born @ 36wks 2day. And mucus plug regenerates.. I do have a growth on my cervix may explain the pain there??

Re: True labor or Braxton Hicks??

• If you are concerned about your contractions, especially this early in your pregnancy, please contact your doctor.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme Apparently she doesn’t have one. She needs to go to the ER given her history. Also OP- get an OB!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Insurance or not, you should see a doctor about this. Find one.
  • Currently 18weeks along and have been having "contractions" on and off for the past 3-4 days. On day 1 had bad lower back pain, some crampy pain and stomach tightening, but mainly on my left side as well as some watery discharge in the morning of day 1. It continued all night(tossing & turning) same thing for day 2(strong back pain,mostly left sided & same crampy feeling and stomach tightening.  On day 3 was feeling better with the exception of some stabbing cervical pain, and light spotting. On day 4 now back to feeling strong pains in my back and stomach mostly left sided and stomach tightening. I don't have an ob/gyn since I just moved over 2hrs away/lost my insurance this month. Is this labor or Braxton hicks? Should I go to my local ER? Also wanted to mention I lost a piece of my mucus plug approx a week prior to all of this. Had same thing happen around 20weeks(1cm dilated)with previous pregnancy but nothing after he born @ 36wks 2day. And mucus plug regenerates.. I do have a growth on my cervix may explain the pain there??
    Just gonna grab the QFP.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::