Trying to Get Pregnant

Baking, Cooking, & Crafting Thread | August 2019|

Keeping this one rolling as a monthly! Feel free to share anything DIY-related here! 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: Baking, Cooking, & Crafting Thread | August 2019|

• That looks so good tho! @mvt2003. I have been totally slacking.  I need to bring a couple swatches to the fabric store and pick out something coordinating.

And by, "fabric store," of course I mean Walmart. 🙄
  • Loading the player...
  • @BusinessWife I'm going to call a local store this morning to see how much it will be to have my sewing machine serviced! I've been told I should be having it tuned up regularly (and since it's my mom's 25 year old machine and I've owned it for 15 of those years....) 

I found some super cute fat quarters at my Walmart last weekend, grabbed a few for some intro level projects! Post pics of what you pick out!

• @mvt2003 I don't know? I'm always hot one minute and under a blanket the next, so a one sleeve sweater sounds like an innovative solution! Looks good! 

I don't have any ambitious projects at the moment. But someone gave me a kit to make wine cork coasters like 4 years ago and I think I finally have drank enough wine with natural corks to make them. This is the first weekend we're not away or having company. I might actually have the time to do them.
  • @emeraldduchess legit!!!!! When I dropped sleeve stitches TWICE on sleeve 1 of this thing I almost flung it across the room! 

@jrouge12 I’m going to propose this innovative solution to the friend this is a gift for! She’s a fellow knitter so who knows she may be into it! 😂 Also I’ve been collecting corks for the last 7 years so I probably should start crafting with them at some point! Post your cork coasters for some inspiration! 😀

• @mvt2003 I expect to see it on a runway soon! I went to start my cork coasters and now I can't find the kit! 🤦‍♀️ I joked with DH that if I want to find it, I'll have to get rid of the corks...I made a trivet a few years back that's quite useful. 
  • @emeraldduchess Don't get me excited! You need an Etsy page so I can send you orders! 😁
  • edited August 2019
    Oh that is gorgeous! @emeraldduchess We will take ours in silver*, mint, blush/coral, please! 🤣
  • Oh, smart to give specifics @BusinessWife! I'd like mine in grey, blush, gold, and cream please @emeraldduchess! 😁
  • I don't knit, but seeing everyones projects makes me want to! I learned how when I was like 12 with my great grandma but never stuck with it, so I don't remember anything! There is a new yarn shop in town too, that teaches and hand dyes yarn. 
  • @emeraldduchess I'm loving that blanket! Those colors are perfection! (I'm going to need an exact breakdown of the yarn, colors, and how you blended them plzkthxbai!) 

@photographerwife Oh you totally should get started! Don't forget about YouTube as a resource too! Let me know if you have specific questions, I'm happy to help!

• @mvt2003 the yarn is "Wellness Baby" by Loops an Threads (Michael's brand). It's sport weight (2) and I used white, aqua and silver. You need to use two strands of yarn together, so I just bought one skein of each and unraveled to make two balls of yarn. I cast on 122 stitches with 10.5 needles, then knit about 6 and a half inches for each stripe. The pattern I based it on is here, it has an explanation of the colorwork. 
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-gradient-baby-blanket 

• Anyone here a vegetarian? I have a household member who recently decided to be veggie and I have very few meatless recipes. 

• Thanks @emeraldduchess !!! 

@SimpleJane I'm not a vegetarian, but I do have one meat-free go-to https://iowagirleats.com/2014/01/06/thai-peanut-chicken-quinoa-bowls/ (I eliminate the chicken and the chicken broth, and it's still great!) 

• @SimpleJane I am also not a vegetarian, but DH and I don't eat a lot of meat. Here's a few of our favorites:

Veggie pot pie
    https://lifecurrentsblog.com/moms-vegetarian-pot-pie/
    (you can make it without the wine)

Enchilada casserole, obviously leaving out the chicken.
    https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chicken-enchilada-casserole-recipe/

• This is my most used veg recipe probably: https://wendypolisi.com/avocado-quinoa-salad/
    I also recommended this one earlier today in wto: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/cold-sesame-peanut-noodles/

Those are both cold dishes, which is all I want right now since our central air is busted. I’m always looking for more vegetarian friendly recipes that are filling, so I’m excited to go through others’ suggestions too!
  • @SimpleJane I like to roast sweet potatoes and then top them with taco-y* seasoned black beans and then give them the regular taco treatment (cheese, sour cream, avocado, fresh salsa). It's very filling too. 

I know I saw a picture of it on pinterest. I tend not to read recipes just figure I can figure it out. 

*I usually mix in salsa, chili powder, paprika, garlic, and cumin. 
  • Aww, so cute! @gingermama29
  • @gingermama29 those are adorable! 
  • @gingermama29 Those are adorable!
  • @gingermama29 Those are so cute!!! Such a thoughtful and useful gift too!

• @shamrocandroll I don't even like tomatoes (or bacon, really) and I am drooling over that sandwich! 
  • @shamrocandroll fresh home-grown tomatoes are the best!!! That sandwich looks pretty legit - minus the avacado  :p
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @shamrocandroll omg I haven’t had my dinner yet and your sandwich is making me sooo hungry right now lol that looks sooo dang good.  :) 
  • @mindyb2019 omg that is adorable!!!!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mindyb2019 I love it! I’ve been wanting to make one too this might be the inspiration I need! I made my first amigurumi style project a couple of months ago - a Christmas gnome! I have to make a few more of those to finish the set, then maybe on to the octopus! What yarn colorway did you use? It’s beautiful!

• @mvt2003 thank you so much. I’m happy with how it turned out. That’s awesome you did amigurumi style too :) a gnome? How cute. Do you have a picture of it? I would LOVE to see it :) The yarn colorway I used was “beach ball blue” handicrafter Cotton by Bernat. I loved the colors of it. 
  • @shamrocandroll that sandwich looks amazing!!! Love avocado.

@mindyb2019 Adorable octopus! 
  • @mindyb2019 Thanks! I posted a pic in last month's thread, will see if I can dig it up! (Can't mobile bump at the moment, my phone is with IT!)