Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL w/o 7/29

edited July 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What was your favorite storybook when you were a child?

*edit: needed a new GTKY*

Re: TTCAL w/o 7/29

• Options

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. June 2016 MC, January 2019 CP, June 2019 MMC

Status: WFAF. I'm a month post MMC and it seems the bleeding has finally stopped. I'm going to take a cheapo pregnancy test today. FX its stark white 🤞 I took one 4 days ago and still had a faint line.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? We found out DH's messed up cousin is pregnant with her 3rd child. It's such a messed up situation and it makes me so incredibly angry that someone like her (drug addict, psychotic, on and off again relationship with her husband ever since they've been married, abuse, etc.) can get pregnant but DH and I struggle. So frustrating.

On a positive note I've been wanting to lose 10 pounds for about a year and after getting KU'd and not drinking alcohol for 2 months and then ending up in the ER after the MMC I've lost the weight I wanted to lose and feel great about my body image right now.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

GTKY: What was your favorite storybook when you were a child? I don't remember my first favorite storybook but in elementary school I read Ella Enchanted and fell in love with the story. Then in 5th grade we read the first Harry Potter book and went and saw the first movie in theaters and it sparked my love/obsession for Harry Potter which still lives on to this day! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: miscarried 2014, 2019.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Rant: I have been doing a lot of research on clomid and I am kinda upset with my doctor. I have read that clomid can make a person’s lining thin which can increase the risk of miscarriage. I have also read that Letrozole doesn’t have this side effect and has a much higher success rate with live births.I don’t know why she wouldn’t put me on this medicine first. Since I cannot go in for ultrasounds this cycle for monitoring (due to school starting back) I am thinking about not taking it and trying on my own. Sigh...this whole process is so unfair!

Rave: I had s wonderful weekend with my family. We spent a lot of great time together which was much needed before school starts back.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope! Just got lab work back that said my thyroid was within normal limits and vitamin D was normal as well!!!

I loved the book Corduroy!!!
  • Options
    @ruby696 I work best under a deadline, so hopefully you have a super productive week!

@dumbledoredies Glad the bleeding has stopped, and FX for start white (I don't say that often around here).  Also really sorry about YH's cousin, but yay for feeling great physically right now!  I eat my feelings, so I've definitely gained weight after my losses and I do not feel awesome about it.

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls Can you ask your doctor to call you and talk to you about it?  There may be a reason they chose one over the other.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @maserrano714 Ugh, I'm sorry for everything you're going thorough too.  July can suck it, as far as I am concerned!  Good luck getting all your work done!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @maserrano714 Ugh, I'm sorry. For all of the things. Sending hugs my friend. ❤❤
  • Options

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MC at 7 weeks in January 2019

Pretty good! The weekend trip to visit family (*TW - and meet my new niece - End TW*) wasn’t incredibly emotional like I thought it might be. I’m glad I was able to work through my emotions before going! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? WFAF, and no more testing until I see the RE 08/15.

I always liked Where the Wild Things Are....not sure if it was my favorite, but I also really liked a couple already mentioned, Corduroy & Curious George.

@ruby696 hopefully the things you need to get done will go quickly/smoothly and you won’t get too stressed! 

@dumbledoredies sorry you are still bleeding, hopefully it stops soon! Also sorry about your DH’s cousin, that sounds like an incredibly frustrating situation! 😕

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls sorry for the frustration/confusion about your doc prescribing Clomid. I’m with @shamrocandroll maybe call and see why they prescribed it over Letrozole. I think some older docs go with that first and newer go with Letrozole first (at least that was my experience with 2 different OB’s at the practice I go to). If you talk to them, hopefully they can explain, or even switch you to Letrozole if you would prefer. 

@shamrocandroll so sorry about the lost pendant, I hope you can find it!! 

@maserrano714 sorry for everything you have been going through! Hopefully the bruised tailbone doesn’t affect BD this cycle, and you can get all your work done without too much stress! 

@emeraldduchess that sounds like a tough spot to be in, but that’s good your DH will be there for you! I don’t think I ever read that book as a kid, but it sounds awesome! 
  • Options
    @ruby696 FX IVF works and you get your take home baby!!!

@dumbledoredies I am so sorry you are still bleeding and finding out about DH’s cousin. I know those feelings are so hard...I too have struggled with them. Hugs

@shamrocandroll I am sorry about the pendant! I hate losing things!!! I hope you find it soon!!! 

@maserrano714 I am so sorry for the last two weeks! I hope this week brings you nothing but happiness! 🙂

@emeraldduchess I hope this is your month! I hope things go smooth for you at your cousin’s baby shower and DH helps. When I went to my best friend’s shower I felt those same feelings. It’s hard because you are happy for them, but so sad for yourself...

@bluetickgal I am glad meeting your niece was a positive experience! I hope I have the same experience when my friend’s have their babies.

Update: I talked with my nurse this morning and she said if I didn’t feel comfortable with the medicine I shouldn’t take it. Since I know my thyroid is working normally (I think this is why I ovulated earlier this cycle) I am going to try without the clomid and just do progesterone after ovulation. If I don’t get KU this cycle I will do the clomid next month with monitoring and trigger shot.

In the past when I spoke with my doctor about why she wanted me to use clomid, she stated clomid  was FDA approved for ovulation and Letrozole was not. This is why she wanted to try clomid first. Also she said clomid doesn’t mess with the lining too much if you ovulate on your own. I just still don’t feel comfortable using it without monitoring.
  • Options
    @ruby696 Hope you get through your work quickly this week. 

@dumbledoredies Fingers crossed for a stark white negative (ugh, I’m so sorry 😔) 

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls I’m sorry you had reservations about the meds you're on. But I’m glad you came to an agreement that will make you feel better. 

@shamrocandroll I‘m hoping you come back tomorrow with a update telling us the pendant was at home. Fingers crossed you find it! 

@maserrano714 That’s a really overwhelming load right now. I hope the rest of the week goes well and you finish your papers quickly. 

@emeraldduchess Your feelings surrounding the shower are valid and understandable. I am glad you’ll have your husband with you if you choose to go. I’ll be thinking of you as your anniversaries approach. I really hope this will be your month 💗

@bluetickgal Glad the meeting went well! 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: Early loss May 2019 

I’m just looking forward to the weekend. Getting away with friends and then coming back with my game face on. Until then I’ll be looking at my chart that tells me nothing right now.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No 

GTKY: Truffles in Trouble and anything by Shel Silverstein. When I could read on my own I loved Babysitter’s Club, Goosebumps, and Sweet Valley High. 

• Options
    @tyrion_ Thank you.  Sadly, no pendant.  I'm still hopeful, but if I can't find it in a couple of days, I'll have to submit a claim for a replacement.  :'( 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @tyrion_ yay for girls weekend! I hope you have a great time and get the break you deserve!!!!
  • Options

@dumbledoredies sure hope AF happens for you soon! Thats really rotten about your DH's cousin. People and situations like that really annoy me too. 

@maserrano714 won't it be nice when July is over and we can all start fresh in August with life? So sorry to hear you've been having a difficult time. I do hope August treats you well😊

@emeraldduchess yeah Paper Bag Princess is a great story!

@tyrion_ have fun on your weekend away!

CP Nov.'18 CP July '19

Nothing really to report. Had an U/S today to see if there was anything left in there from my recent CP and should be able to discuss the results/findings with my GP in a couple of days.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?Will try to remember to give an ETA of results if any.

GTKY: What was your favorite storybook when you were a child? I really enjoyed Dr. Suess stories, like Green Eggs and Ham.

• Options

@ruby696 I hope you've been able to get through all your work

@dumbledoredies I'm sorry about YH's cousin. I work at an imaging facility and see a lot of trashy/ungrateful people in for their OB sonos. My coworker (a sono tech) said "I'm not a doctor or anything, but I've noticed that the less teeth you have, the more fertile you are" lol. Sometimes we have to just laugh it off.

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls I'm glad your labs were good and that you had such a nice weekend.

@shamrocandroll I'm so sorry about your pendant!

@maserrano714 I'm sorry you've had such a hard time lately.

@emeralddutchess I understand how you're feeling. This month we passed the edd of our first loss and the 1 year anniversary of our cp. I never thought we wouldn't be ku again.

@bluetickgal I'm so glad the meeting with your niece went well 😊

@tyrion_ ooo girls trip! Have fun!

@ottergirl81 hoping for good u/s reaults!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Nmc 12/2016, cp 7/2018

Tomorrow is my Friday them I'm off to the beach for a few days.! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? 1st RE appt is 8/22 so nothing until then

GTKY: What was your favorite storybook when you were a child? I loved Bernstein Bears and the Little Critter books

• Options
    Have a great time @splashmountain!
  • Options
    @splashmountain that's hilarious and so true! Also depressing because I have an inkling that's why the world is in shambles right now. So many trashy people having babies left and right and then smart educated people struggle. 

Sorry I haven't been around much this week so far. I've been keeping so busy! Yesterday I had a bit of an emotional day so I'm happy to start a new day. I'm still getting positive pregnancy tests so that's annoying. I think I might have to stop testing. I only test every 4-5 days but its driving me crazy. I've never wanted to see a negative pregnancy so bad, lol.

How is everyone doing? What is everyone up to? I have a slower day ahead of me. I'm looking forward to relaxing a little.
  • Options
    @splashmountain have a wonderful vacation! Think of us when you are on the beach! I will be back at work tomorrow! 😭
  • Options
    @splashmountain Sometimes I feel like the only person in the "real world" who has trouble TTGP.  It can be such a lonely feeling, and feels SO unfair sometimes.

@dumbledoredies So sorry about the + HPTs still.  I hope yo get to have an easy going day today.  Today, I have to write a midyear review for my slacker lab tech who tried to throw our (amazing, hardworking) engineer under the bus as the reason why he hasn't made any progress on his goals, and I'm pissed about that because it's 100% untrue.  So that should be fun, haha.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    Thanks @ruby696!

@dumbledoredies I'm sorry you're still getting +hpts that has got to be super frustrating! I hope they stop soon.

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls you're back to work already? *tw lc* DS's preschool had an extended school year for some of the kids, like DS who has a hard time coming back from breaks and messing with his routine. Does your school have something like that or do you just start early? 

@shamrocandroll I hear ya! I don't know anybody in real life who is struggling with IF. I have a few supportive people in my, but so many of them try to minimize it (you're not infertile, you've been ku before or I know so and so who got ku as soon as they filed for adoption, just relax) I know It's their way of trying to be positive, but sometimes I just want an "I'm sorry, that sucks".
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess We are just doing a staycation. I’m in Orlando so we are spoiled by having so much nearby.

@dumbledoredies I am so sorry for the positives still. Such a cruel thing to have to see. 

@shamrocandroll I’m sorry you feel alone irl. I can name 5 close friends (and probably 10 old coworkers) that all struggled with IF. What was particularly cruel about this is that they are all NICU nurses. I just don’t get how some people get dealt such hard hands in life. I hope you’re IF journey comes to a happy conclusion very soon. 

As for me and what I’m up to. Wellll. I thought yesterday was Wednesday all day so cue my disappointment that today is actually Wednesday. I just want Friday to be here so badly! 
  • Options
    @splashmountain my school year ended around the last week of May, so we have been out for about 8 weeks. I know different states start and end school differently. And yes I think there are some year around programs for our sweet students who need them. ❤️ 

@emeraldduchess are you a teacher as well?
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls got it! Ours ended beginning of June and starts back up in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls yes, I am! Looks like we have quite a few teachers on this thread. I teach 5th grade. Never a dull moment with that age group! Most days they're fun. Others the preteen attitude kicks in and they drive me nuts. ;) Our school year ends in mid-June and starts again after Labor Day. What do you teach? 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I am a special education teacher. My focus grades are 3rd through 5th! I ❤️ It!!!
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2019
    Hey friends, I’ve been gone awhile on an intense work trip—there was barely time to even lurk & this week has been overwhelmingly shitty so I’m just gonna update for now and come back in a few to tag when I’m all caught up. Thanks for understanding. Also, I’m sad to see new names here but thankful for this group. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Late loss at 18 weeks in Oct ‘18, Early loss in Jan ‘19, Chemicals in April, June, & July ‘19

Status: CD3, not sure I even want to try again this next cycle or take some time off (even though my age doesn’t allow me to do that) 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Honestly, things are super shitty & I don’t usually get this down.  MH has been a jerk since I got back from my work trip, which coincided with starting to miscarry, so I think his horrible attitude is his way of expressing his sadness & frustration but it really sucks. We had a huge fight today & I don’t even want to speak to him when he gets home. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I was supposed to start taking meds on CD1 to do ERA testing as a mock cycle for info on ideal timing for IVF, but I called my RE’s office & they said don’t do it because insurance hasn’t approved IVF & obviously with all these recent chemicals it’s clear that IVF may not even work. I’m just stuck right now and seriously considering what’s next or if it’s time to just take a break and rethink this whole TTC thing. 

GTKY: What was your favorite storybook when you were a child? I had a ton of great books read to me as a child: Corduroy, Babar, Momotaro, Madeline, and all the classic Brothers Grimm fairytales. 

• Options
    @keikilove I’m so so sorry for everything you’ve been through and for your losses. This is so unfair. And I’m sorry your husband is being a jerk. I know he’s probably hurting as well but that isn’t very fair to you right now. 
  • Options
    @keikilove I get where you're coming from when you said that your age doesn't allow for you to take a break. Been trying to decide if I should take a break from a recent loss, but "I'm old" and feel that I need to just keep trying. 
     Your husband sounds very hurt by what is going on and just doesn't know how else to express himself. Its not a fair or fun time. Try your best to be kind and calm towards him and hopefully he will return the love.
    Very sorry for your losses.
  • Options
    Oh @keikilove, I'm so sorry. That's just so much to deal with all at once. Sending love and hugs. ❤❤
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry @keikilove.  Our 2 losses have been one of the hardest things our marriage has endured because we both process very differently and it's affected us very differently.  Honestly, this group has probably saved my marriage because I just plain can't talk to him about these things because it makes me so mad when he can't relate to how I'm feeling.  This stuff sucks and it's so hard and I'm sorry you're in this situation to begin with, but I'm happy you have this group.  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @keikilove I am so, so sorry. <3 This is so damn unfair.
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2019
    @ruby696 Thank you so much for your support. I am SO sorry you’re back here too. I know you understand the entire situation. Wish we could’ve been in that BMB together...
     @emeraldduchess Thank you, friend. It is so unfair. To all of us. I’m sorry you’ve hit the 1-year mark, which is so difficult in itself. But it’s good to hear you feel pretty well. Praying the progesterone is your ticket.
    @tyrion_ @ottergirl81 @shamrocandroll Thank you for your support too. I haven’t spoken to MH—thanks for the reminder to keep it cool & calm once we do speak. Shamroc, I’m sorry YH isn’t able to communicate with you about all this. That has to be so hard. Thank god we have each other here.♥️
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies That’s awesome about your weight loss & positive body image! You’re my #goals right now. 

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls Hi, sorry I’m just meeting you new folks after being MIA the last couple of weeks. It’s great to hear your BW came back normal. Those are two things very nice to be able to cross off your list. 

@maserrano714 Hey friend! I’m always so happy to see when your name pops up😊 I’m so sorry that life has been kicking your a** lately—and I can relate to the long rant & the sentiments. Hopefully things will start to lighten up on you soon! Hugs to you! 

@splashmountain Enjoy your weekend! Lots of RE appointments coming up for folks, I hope time flies for you and that the appointment is fruitful. 
  • Options
    Hi @keikilove! It’s nice to meet you! (I hate that it is under this situation) but still wonderful to know we are not alone in this journey! I am so sorry about all your losses and heartache. I hope you can easily decide what you want to do next in this unfair journey. 
  • Options
    @splashmountain Oh yeah, have a fantastic weekend away!!!!

@keikilove it is very nice to meet you here and I do hope as I hope with everyone here that your time is short.

ETA-from my U/S earlier this week (I am actually remembering to post this, sorry if its in the wrong board). Everything is clear and looked fine except for a small uterine fibroid. I'm being referred to my OB whom I have not needed to see in almost two years (or at least I didn't think I needed him). Am hoping the ball can get rolling on that soon. Also still waiting for AF.
  • Options
    @keikilove I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. Wishing you and your H the best.