March 2020 Moms

GTKY Tuesday 7/30

What song is "you" - a song that you'd pick to describe yourself. 
**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

Re: GTKY Tuesday 7/30

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a "you should see me in a crown" by billie eilish with an "Everyone Needs an Editor" by Mates of State rising.
  • silverhopesilverhope member
    edited July 2019
    “I’m Only Sleeping” by the Beatles  :D

All the songs I liked in my teens and 20s were so emo. I’m glad I wasn’t asked this question a decade ago. 

Edited bc wrong emoji (I take my emojis seriously)
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited July 2019
    Oh man, every song I really like right now is super depressing.  I legitimately cannot think of any songs right now that could describe me.  :D

@silverhope Lol!  I, too, take my emoji selecting very seriously!
  • I don't really have a current song that comes to mind, but my default was always "El Scorcho" by Weezer.  The first line is "goddamn you half Japanese girls" and I guess I was kind of an alternateen heart breaker in my day...lol.

@kagesstarshroom Man, I haven't thought about Mates of State in forever!!
    @silverhope I was a total emo kid in high school too!  Just for funsies, what were some of your favorite bands?
  • @keeksie84 so I don’t know if they are technically “emo” or just what I considered music I could sing along and cry to haha, but my favorite band was Radiohead. I still love them and most alternative rock groups, but I also like pop songs. 

My HS yearbook quote was a Radiohead quote, but they messed it up :unamused:
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Oh wow - picking one is so hard.
    There are songs which go with different phases of my life.
    And from all different genres! 

I guess right now I would maybe go back to Eternal Flame by the Bangles - the line “is this burning an eternal flame?” could be a metaphor for me asking every day if this life growing inside me is going to keep on sticking... We also now finally see the sunshine through the rain... and I definitely don’t want to lose this feeling!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• If we are being silly here, definitely going with Barbie Girl!  :D I’ve been Barbie for Halloween three times. Mostly just because I am blonde and have always loved the color pink. 

For realz though, I’m not really sure. I love a lot of different kinds of music. And I can’t think of one single song to narrow it down to! 
  • This is hard!! The one I'm loving the most right now is probably Liberte by Madeleine Peyroux just because it's beautiful and makes me cry. Maybe Steal My Heat Away by Van Morrison? I've been on a VM kick lately and it makes me feel very very romantic and snuggled in. 
  • @silverhope That sucks about your YB quote!  I feel so old because I'm not nearly as into music as I was when I was younger - it seemed so much more important back then for some reason.
  • @keeksie84 1, I am like, ridiculously excited that anyone else has heard of Mates of State bc I feel like they're super random (hence why I linked the song--well and with the BE song, I figured I might as well link both)
     and 2, S P O T I F Y has been, for me, the best window into keeping up and catching up with good music. It took me a while to figure out how to use it the best for me, but I'm really on a roll now. I guess part of it, too, was having to give up how I used to consume music & letting Spotify be The Way, for the most part, that I enjoy it. 
  • @kagesstarshroom Yay for Mates of State and nostalgia!  They bring me back to my college days.  Spotify is a such a great idea.  TBH, music has sort of fallen off my radar lately.  I listen mostly to kids music at home with DD and NPR in the car.  This was a great reminder to listen to some stuff I love.  
  • @keeksie84 @kagesstarshroom I was a big mates of state fan in college, too! They actually lived pretty close to me in CT back then (no idea if they still do), so I’d see them around town. 
  • I don’t know that it defines me, so much as I love this song and the message it conveys. 

Here Comes a Thought performed by Estelle from Steven Universe. (Really, any of the songs she sing on the show are amazing!)