1st Trimester

Due date/time of conception.. how to go about?

Hi, so my cycles are pretty long. I had my period on June 9th and ovulated 30 days after. I am now 11 days post ovulation and got a positive pregnacy test. Would I be 3 weeks and 4 days or would I be 5 weeks and 6 days ? Any insight on how it should be calculated ? Thank you!

Re: Due date/time of conception.. how to go about?

• If you are confident in your O date, then that is more accurate. However, with my second, even though I O’d late, I ended up delivering on my original EDD by LMP. I would just mention the long cycles to your OB and they can get a dating scan to confirm. 
  • miap11miap11 member
    If you are confident in your O date, then that is more accurate. However, with my second, even though I O’d late, I ended up delivering on my original EDD by LMP. I would just mention the long cycles to your OB and they can get a dating scan to confirm. 
    Thank you for your reply! Yes I am confident I ovulated exactly on CD 30 as I take my basal body temperature and my temperature went up. Also, my ovulation tests stated it as well. So I will leave it up to the dating scan which I will call soon to book. Thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have long cycles and I always know O date. So with my first and with this baby, I lied about my LMP so they would have the right due date. My offices didn’t do an automatic dating scan so they wouldn’t have seen that my dates were off until 12 weeks at least. I felt confident doing that from temping and OPKs. 
  • miap11miap11 member
    calliah said:
    I also have long cycles and I always know O date. So with my first and with this baby, I lied about my LMP so they would have the right due date. My offices didn’t do an automatic dating scan so they wouldn’t have seen that my dates were off until 12 weeks at least. I felt confident doing that from temping and OPKs. 
    Thank you! I will do the same. I will just tell them I know I ovulated on the day that I did. 
  • Ihave found that they will not listen when you tell them you know when you ovulated. So I usually count 14 days back from when I know I ovulated and give that as my LMP. 
  • I was just about to post a similar question when I stumbled upon yours. So a big thank you! I understand how to calculate my due date.
  • Hello ladies I'm not sure if we have the same situations but I had ivf and I always got confused on how to count my days and weeks.  But FS told me to wait for my first scan and have my OB pinpoint it for me.