Group 3 (2/15-2/21) check-in w/o 7/29

EDD/W+D:

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appts:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: If you were on death row, what would you pick as your last meal?

Re: Group 3 (2/15-2/21) check-in w/o 7/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nhh11nhh11 member
    Congrats on making partner @malloryfrommn !! Lots to celebrate :)  hope the nausea goes away soon so you can enjoy eating again!😕
  • Options
    Congrats @malloryfrommn!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
  • Options
    Wow @malloryfrommn congratulations on making partner! 
  • Options
    @optimism3 I don’t have any experience with a MFM but if you feel you aren’t getting the care you need, then I’d definitely press or find someone else who will hear you out. You are your best advocate! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @optimism3, if you feel you aren’t being heard, definitely advocate for yourself. I also think it’s worth looking carefully at your concerns and deciding if the doctor’s aren’t acting upon them because maybe they are not actual medical concerns to those who know more about medicine. What I mean is, you mention anxiety about being released from RE (I have it too, I get it) but make sure your anxiety around pregnancy isn’t looking for trouble where there isn’t any. 
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn congrats! Another lawyer here too! That takes lots of hard work - good job!
  • Options
    @optimism3, we start in early August and finish at the end of May. I will only take 8 weeks off. I don’t have enough days to take the rest of the year off. 
  • Options
    DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2019
    @optimism3 I see a MFM due to incompetent cervix and previous premature birth.  What are your concerns?  I know it varies on what MFM’s will see you about, but they usually work in conjunction with your OB.  My OB has to submit a plan regarding how I am going to be monitored/medications/other interventions and submit it to my MFM.  Not sure if this is standard practice, but I could see how some issues don’t require that much monitoring and could be monitored by a OB alone.  With that being said, I wasn’t listened to by a OB and ended up with a 25 weeker and a three month NICU stay, I now take on the perspective that you should stop at nothing until someone listens to you.  Maybe call one to see if they will see you if you think it’s necessary.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb. 17/11 weeks 1 day

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appts: 8/7 - 1 week!

How are you feeling?: More energy but also more throwing up. 😂

Rants/Raves: I'm a teacher and I am contracted to be back on the 12th. My school/district has trainings scheduled for almost every day next week. This leaves me with only this week to finish prepping, with a 6 year old in tow. 

GTKY: If you were on death row, what would you pick as your last meal? 
    Probably all dessert! 
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 thanks for explaining the MFM/OB relationship. It seems like there’s a lot of variation maybe in how they work together? I would feel better with something like that in place too. What an ordeal you had - sounds like you and your little one are troopers. 

@jvk2012 and @DDRRT1982 and @ibabyloveb87 I think you all made the point about being your own best advocate. Totally agree. The things I’m concerned about are i have endometriosis, likely adenomyosis, and Hashimotos. The adeno can result in miscarriages and the Hashis can increase your thyroid which would do the same. I do need the docs to get me some info about if I need more frequent monitoring and if not, why not. Thanks for the input everyone. 

@malloryfrommn same congrats as before! I know nothing about that world and am terrible at numbers so more impressive to me! lol. Nice milestone too and some security I imagine as you head into this baby phase 

• Options
    @optimism3 have you had your tsh checked yet? mine was high and i needed medication adjustment. i had to ask for blood orders from my dr
  • Options
    Hi @jca217131 love to have another Hashis around! 2 weeks ago it was 1.95. I want to check it constantly though because for some reason mine tends to jump around a lot. Awhile ago before I was pregnant my TSH actually went up once they increased my meds - crazy right? How often are you getting monitored? 

@Swiftlet we’re very close to each other for due date which is fun. Agreed - I may just call the MFM myself. Hear you on the smells and aversions - the worst. Yours are probably extra heightened with twins too 
  • Options
    @optimisim3 i read it should be at least once a month. since my tsh last time was 10, my dr upped the meds significantly and i’m getting rechecked at the month mark. 
  • Options
    @optimism3 Another Hashi girl here. Question - what thyroid medication are you on? 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    Hi @brookert615! I’m on synthroid. I was on the generic - Levothyroxine (I think?) for awhile, but it never went down consistently until I was on Synthroid. Apparently doctors do think it’s one of the times there is an actual difference between the generic and brand name I hear. Are you on anything? 

Fingers crossed @jca217131. I had to up my meds too to get here. Eager to get retested too. 

Are either of you gluten free? I was but the MS made me cave and start back. I’m worried about whether that’ll up my TSH. We’ll see 
  • Options
    @optimism3 I was on both as well and they kept having to up my dosage and my blood work was all over the place. My endocrinologist switched me over to Armour Thyroid and I haven't had to up dosage or anything since starting it - my blood work has been super consistent. Not sure if you've read the book "The Root Cause" but it's a very good book learning about Hashimoto's. 

https://www.amazon.com/Hashimotos-Thyroiditis-Lifestyle-Interventions-Treating/dp/0615825796/ref=sr_1_1?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvo_qBRDQARIsAE-bsH-ZHUqEJ3SHyZ7V4A-C0xu3flSCyqJDS4y7-m5h1rjNq3P1wnDTzNkaArBeEALw_wcB&hvadid=318589022761&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1025241&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=11610098673942997685&hvtargid=aud-647846986281%3Akwd-297885521655&hydadcr=15528_9753952&keywords=root+cause+by+izabella+wentz&qid=1564751097&s=gateway&sr=8-1
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @optimisim3 i am also on synthroid. tried levo first, but it didn’t work for me. from what i understand, everyone is different and it’s just trial and figuring out what works best. @brookert615 i have read that as well. for a good while i did the AIP diet and figured out what my body is sensitive too. now i just avoid those foods to minimize inflammation. I did go gluten free during that time, but I don’t think that’s one of my sensitivities...but i was also doing keto for a long time until now. MS and food aversions have me eating all the carbs these days. 
  • Options
    @brookert615 I’ll check that book out - thanks! 

@jca217131 same on the carbs! Reassuring you are too!