March 2020 Moms
Options

Any over 40 pregnancies here?

2nd time mom, had a son at 36. 
now at 40, EDD 3/9/2020
Im in a total state of anxiety since being 40 poses so many risks. I plan on getting genetic testing and already had GD so I expect to have it again. 
Wondering if anyone out there is also pregnant at 40 or over.
we conceived very easily and were extremely lucky to have no fertility issues
with either pregnancy. My fears are mostly about Down syndrome. I’m almost becoming obsessed researching the statistics online. 
Would love to hear some positive outcomes of advanced maternal age pregnancies.
since all I read is about all the risks of complications. 

Re: Any over 40 pregnancies here?

• Options
    I’m right there with you. I had DD at 36. I just found out (surprise!) I am expecting again at age 42. I am SO nervous for my first appointment. I just keep saying “healthy and strong.” When/if I hear that heartbeat I will probably be a mess. Then...the bloodwork. I think I am going home to be an anxious wreck until those results some back. I look at the stats and I freak about me it. I have to force myself to do the math and look at the percentage. It actually calms me down a ton. A 1 in 200 chance is really 0.5%. Things like that.

We’ve got this! Remember, we have already been down this road, both as expectant mothers and AMA. We have experience on our sides and little ones to keep us distracted.
  • Options
    Hi, ladies! We have an AMA monthly thread if you read through the Board Rules/Organization post. I think you'll find lots of likeminded folks there. I am also AMA, so I get all of the anxiety etc. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like at 36 I was significantly younger and the pregnancy seemed much less stressful. Not sure if it’s because I’m reading so much literature on women over 40 having babies with chromosomal abnormalities. It’s making me crazy with the anxiety. I get my test at 11 weeks since my doctor says the results are more accurate at that time. The wait is brutal. I opted it out of it with my first at 36 but this time around I’m definitely doing it. 
  • Options
    I'm 43 years old and expecting around mid March 2020. I got pregnant with my first at 36 and delivered at 37. I had multiple fetal stress tests towards the end of my first pregnancy,  as per usual,  and was frequently told by staff that I had the most active baby for the day,  which was great.  In addition,  my mom had my youngest sibling at 40 or 41 and I have an older sister who had her youngest at 40 or 41. Both very healthy babies with no issues whatsoever.  I can honestly say,  that I feel pretty good and feel that everything will be okay.  I wish all of you the best and hope everything will be okay with your March babies as well.  
  • Options
    Hey y’all.  I just turned 41 last week.  This is our 1st pregnancy through IVF.  Our EDD is 3/20.  Both my OBGYN and fertility Dr are monitoring us closely.  I’ve had 2 US’s already (Monday and Today)- both looked great. His HB was 130 Monday and 151 today.  I know it’s scary, I’ve never been so happy and terrified in my life- I literally thank the Lord every time I pee and don’t see blood.  Sending y’all positive vibes!!!!! 
  • Options
    So happy to see this thread. I am 42 and surprise. My other children are all grown and in college. Good luck ladies. I am 9 weeks 3 days and doing the NIPT testing. 
  • Options
    I am 41 and will be 42 in November. Due date is end of March. I had my daughter when I was 34 and did not have any testing done then but I will be this time. Also a nervous wreck!