Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 8/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 8/1

• adooadoo member
    edited August 2019

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: temping (although I forgot to put my thermometer next to my bed last night), prenatal, OPKs

R/R: rave: I slept past the normal 530 wake up time today! 

CS/Q: what’s everyone’s favorite amazon OPKs that don’t break the bank? 

• *lurking from TWW*

@adoo I use wondfo OPK’s and HPT. you can get a kit of 50 OPK and 20 HPT for I think $20? I know it was super inexpensive compared to CBD. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurking from TWW

hi @adoo! FYI we try to limit talk about children in all threads except TFAS (trying for a sibling). Can you please edit your post to remove the reference or add a TW (trigger warning)?

also ditto to @ejoseph16 on the wondfos!
  • @ttcbabyodo We all survived mercury retrograde! Congrats! 
  • @b_1029 I was wondering if you’d hang here or move to TWW immediately. How long after a trigger are you predicted to ovulate? 
  • @tyrion_ within 36 hours! My friend gave it to me around 9 last night. I just hope my one big follie held on until last night 😬 
  • tyrion_tyrion_ member
    edited August 2019
    @b_1029 ahhh, me, too! I’m sending you all the positive vibes! Sorry you’re sore but hopefully this will be the only time you need to do this. 

Edit: because my brain goes faster than my fingers 
  • @inthewoods23 September is next month! Yay! Glad you’re feeling good and excited for your appointments. 
  • @inthewoods23 SO excited for you!!! Progress!!!!!!!!! Let us know how today goes! 

@adoo I use the Wondfos from amazon because I'm a POAS addict. I buy the set without HCG tests because I have plenty of those already. I feel like the digitals do not accurately capture my surge because I've been surging really freaking fast recently. 

@tyrion_ dying at "the day is young". We survived retrograde!!! Now just time to survive the shadow (please no one throw tomatoes at me for reminding us all about it! :D

@ttcbabyodo So sorry about CD1, but glad AF is giving you some relief from the crazy feelings. I've been thinking about bringing up PCOS at my next well visit too. I have a few random hairs that grow (and I pluck), but the main reason I haven't brought it up before is because I've been very successful at weight loss, and don't really show many other symptoms. But who knows? 

@b_1029 truly keeping so many FX for you!!!!!

Month/Cycle: 11/11 (I was doing the math in the shower this morning and realized I can't count properly. Need to change my signature because I technically started on my September 2018 cycle, I just got my first BFN in October 2018. Counting is hard, guys.) 

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: BBTs, OPKs, PNVs, SMEP

R/R: I feel like my O surges have been really short for the last couple of cycles - I go from a stark white OPK to high or even peak in the same day. I've been getting 100% negative OPKs all week, but on CD12 and CD13 saw EWCM, so I made the executive decision to move to every day HIO even though SMEP wants me to wait until I get a positive OPK. I figure it can't hurt, right? Holding my SMU for an OPK now - going to try to make it 3 hours! 

Also, couldn't wake up for my morning run, packed my gym clothes for a lunchtime workout only to realize I forgot my badge to get into my work gym. Fail!!! 

CS/Q: Enjoy this hot mess haha. This cycle's chart features not 1 but 2 4am wakeups not of my own volition! 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @tyrion_ thank you!! 

@inthewoods23 lol can you tell I’m bad at relinquishing control?? That’s so exciting about your appointment! September is so freaking close!

@mvt2003 gahhhh to all the gym stuff. I hate when that happens. Is there any chance of going after work? I say go for the ED HIO, it can’t hurt!
  • @b_1029 Thanks! Probably no gym for tonight - we have to go return a drum pedal that "I" bought MH for his bday (he bought it for himself used from guitar center but the pedal they sent was NOT the pedal they advertised, so we're returning and have bought a different one) and then I'm sticking to my new ED HIO policy haha. Maybe I'll try to run home at lunch and grab my key (I live 7 minutes away). 

• @mvt2003 I am the sweatiest person on earth. I am jealous of people that can run at lunch and go back to work like nothing. 
  • @tyrion_ me too! We have showers that I absolutely have to take advantage of! 😂

• @adoo I also use Easy@Home.  @b_1029 Did you know Easy@ home has an app for reading the lines?  I like it way better than FF for that.  Soooo for anyone keeping score, that's easy@home Fertility Friend, and Femometer that I'm using for different aspects of my tracking.  

@tyrion_ SERIOUSLY, THOUGH!  I feel like this week has been a month long. 

@ttcbabyodo Sorry about CD1, but I'm glad you're seeing this as a fresh start!

@b_1029 Eee so excited about this cycle for you!  I hope this does the trick for you!

@inthewoods23 September is SO SOON!!!  So excited for you!!!

@mvt2003 Once you get your +OPK, does it stay for a little while, or does it go negative quickly again?  It's common to get a -OPK in the morning and then + later in the day because LH surge generally doesn't happen early in the morning.  Supposedly that's why many OPKs don't recommend using FMU.  At least that's how FF explains it.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @mvt2003 I need like an hour to cool off before I can even shower. I will still keep sweating in the shower no matter how cold the water. It’s so awful. 
  • @shamrocandroll YES! We’re all going to April/May! 
  • @shamrocandroll I typically use FMU as a baseline (my CB digi uses FMU so I throw a Wondfo in for fun), but once I get to CD12ish, I try to do one in the early afternoon, plus maybe one more at evening. The high/peak usually stays for a day. Last cycle for example, I got my high reading on EOD CD14, peak by EOD CD15, back to high on CD16 am, low by EOD. I'm kind of feeling like I wasn't doing enough HIO earlier in FW, and instead was panicking once I got the high reading and trying to HIO then. (Side note - this is why I'm crazy haha). 

• Also - MH figured out a solution to my gym issue! My BiL works for my company and MH texted him to have him give me his key fob to the gym for today! 

• @mvt2003 Ah yes.  CBD does recommend FMU.  Mine usually surges in the afternoon, then I get a peak reading that evening and the next evening.  Then back down by the next day.  Someone here shared a graphic recently that helped me understand it better.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Sorry, I'm blowing up the thread today but I have to complain about this! I just did a 3 hour hold for my OPK, got to the bathroom, was holding the cup to dip the stick, opened my wondfo, and the freaking stick had a dye problem. A hot pink line straight in the middle of where my 2 lines should be. Guess I'm holding again for a 1pm OPK...

• @mvt2003 I never dump the pee until after I've read my results for this reason.  Especially with cheapies.  MH has walked into the bathroom to find a Dixie cup full of pee sitting on the sink counter with a stick resting on the rim on countless occasions.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mvt2003 I also do this with HPTs because obviously if I see any indication of a line on the cheapie, I will have to cross-check it against 4 other brands.  I'm just slightly crazy.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll That's what I do at home too, but unfortunately I was in my non-private work bathroom :# I figured I can be subtle walking *with* my pre-use pee cup and OPK to the ladies, but leaving it there to run back and get a fresh OPK was probably going to be a stretch. Cue the all-company email in 5..4..3..2.. :D 

• @mvt2003 Bah-hahaha.... yeah... that wouldn't work quite as well.  As it is, I'm slightly embarrassed when MH walks into a bathroom with an unexpected pee cup sitting there.  Never mind my coworkers.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I actually forgot one last night, MH called me to the bathroom and asked me to dispose of it. Ahhh romance. :D 

• @shamrocandroll because of my dream from last week where I take 3 +hpts and then send a picture them to my friend by text I'm already in my head telling myself to use a cup instead of directly on them. Don't want to waste it if I can pee on so many things when I finally see a positive 😆

@mvt2003 I have definitely done that too. Same with my hair on the shower wall 😬 oops!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I shed like a dog! MH has had commiseration sessions with my uncle and cousins' husbands about how much hair every woman in my family has! :D 

• @shamrocandroll I actually didn’t know that! I’ve been using the FF line reader. I think mercury retrograde ending = mass exodus to April! It only makes sense! 

@mvt2003 I’m glad you were able to figure out the gym! That’s super annoying about the OPK. 
  • @inthewoods23 I keep saying April except it’s like a 2% chance I ovulate on a date that would make it possible. So, you want to have a May emerald baby with me? 
  • @tyrion_ yes! we'll see! Depending on whether I use LMP or my transfer date I get either a late May or early June baby if the FET works.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I feel like we missed the window this month anyway so I’ll totally join you in May! 
  • @inthewoods23 May is an awesome month for a birthday.  Just sayin'  ;)  If I can't have April, I'll take May too.  But first I'll feel really sorry for myself about missing April.  Plus May would put me at a due date riiiiight around my birthday and I would really like to not be in labor on my birthday, hahaha!  Clearly I've thought about this too much.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19