February 2020 Moms

August Symptoms

Can this summer please stop flying by?!

Anyway, how are you feeling?

Re: August Symptoms

• I can’t believe it’s August either! Almost back to school time! I’m not sure if this is a symptom, but I’m having some back/butt pain at work and on my commute. Having to sit for long periods of time is killing me - I even bought a new office chair! I feel like I need to order one of those donut things to sit on all day. 
  • @therealbitts I had a lot of sciatic pain with my first. I found that propping my feet up under my desk helped some. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @therealbitts sounds like possible sciatica to me as well. I had it with DS starting at 10 weeks. This time it started around 8 weeks. It mostly only hurts when I’ve been on my feet all day...so basically just when I’m at work!
  • @ibabyloveb87 and @daffodil_shoe ugh it sucks! Maybe I will try propping my feet up on something under my desk. The only position that feels ok is just lying down, which is obviously not an option at work if I want to keep my job 😆
  • Woke up in the middle of the night with some minor lower back/lower abdominal cramping. I wasnt too worried, figured my insides are still just stretching out, plus it was better when I woke up for real. Just had to find a better sleeping position I guess! 
  • I noticed my skin getting much better. It was a mess for a few weeks but now it looks super clear. I'll take that. Still getting up once a night to pee. I noticed I get some lower abdominal cramps when I do an arm workout. I use one 20# dumbbell that I lower behind my head. 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• My skin is usually great and I'm breaking out like crazy! GAH!   :D
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • How is it already August! Back to work at the end of the month and I’ve been enjoying being Lazy! I’m still nauseous all the time! So tired and I’m getting winded just walking up stairs. I’m hoping for some extra energy in the next couple weeks as we head into the second trimester!
  • @brookert615 same. My back and shoulders too. AND i always feel super greasy and gross. WHYYYYYY
  • @ibabyloveb87 It's so weird and frustrating! I was promised better skin and hair! LOL
    TW
  • I am back to not feeling pregnant again! I will take not having the nauseous and exhaustion, but now I am just anxious again for my next appointment. And obsessively checking to see if I can feel my uterus yet! lol 
  • Still periodically nauseous but I think it might be a little better? I haven't thrown up in almost 2 weeks I think! But I have been very queasy on and off. Energy level seems better and I'm hungrier. Very vivid dreams. Peeing like 5 times a night. Sinus infection finally leaving me after 9 weeks of having it...though still have some facial/dental pressure and I'm still a bit congested.
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • @daffodil_shoe oh man, that sounds terrible. I’m so sorry!
  • @craftywitch I have no problem falling asleep, but if I don’t take Unisom, when I wake in the MOTN to pee, it takes me hours to fall back to sleep.
  • @craftywitch, yes some nights I can’t fall asleep or can’t go back to sleep easily after waking up to pee. 
  • @daffodil_shoe, sorry about the throwing up that's got to be hard. Looks like I will be joining the night crew too. Been up 3 nights this week. Unisom sounds good right now..

• @daffodil_shoe That's awful! Hopefully it was just a fluke!

@craftywitch So sorry! I hope you're able to get some consistent rest! 
    TW
  • @craftywitch I’m up until midnight every night despite my youngest consistently waking me between 6-630 AM. I feel your pain
  • @craftywitch I have a hard time going back to sleep when I wake up. 
  • Same same- no issues falling asleep, but staying asleep is a whole other beast!

Also @pigsforpoland that is hilarious and sounds exactly right. I can't see why they can't just serve you whatever is on the menu in the drive-thru. Totally unreasonable!

• I’ve started to experience the mood swings and crazy emotions (embarrassing emotional break down this week because I was hungry 😂). I’ve also started to feel joint pain in my knees and hips, which is frustrating because I just got back into a good exercise routine! Oh well, I’m officially in the 2nd trimester now so it has to get better, right?! 
  • I’m still so grumpy. 
  • @craftywitch 😂😂😂 
    TW
  • @craftywitch hahaha

Buttttttt i SWEAR I felt baby flutters today. I didn’t have to fart. I am telling myself it was way too early but who knows. I felt my first at 16 weeks and they say you feel earlier every time after?!? Or I’m just crazy  :D
  • @ibabyloveb87 I’ve been putting my hand on my stomach every night and I felt a swipe on my hand like a fish but now I keep checking to feel it again! Lol! DH was like no it’s too early and I’m like “nah, going with it” 😂
    TW
  • @robynlynn2000 DD2’s birth was my first vaginal delivery and for a couple of months after her birth I would, maybe a few times a month, wake up because I was starting to pee. Good times.
  • Anyone else's baby measuring big? I was 12 weeks and 2 days yesterday. Baby measured 13 weeks. Due date has remained the same. Loved seeing baby yesterday, super active!! 
  • @glynch0303 my first measured a week ahead for a good portion of my pregnancy. 
  • @glynch0303 Mine measured bang on target. My RE measured at 8 weeks and gave us a due date of Feb 8th. At 10.5 weeks, when I had an U/S with the OBGYN, she scoffed and (kind of smugly) said that measurement wasn't an accurate way of estimating due dates and real doctors use LMP. So we gave her all the IVF info which she plugged into her calculator...and then she grudgingly announced, "Your due date is Feb 8th." Hubby was laughing about it for the rest of the day.
  • Less nauseous now (Yau, second trimester!) and getting my energy back so I've started exercising. I'm hoping to gain less weight than last time (I gained 60 lbs last time)... So far, my weight gain has plateaued. And I'm craving veggies more than anything else so hopefully I meet my weight goal? Fingers crossed :) 
  • The midwives said it’s totally possible, especially in a second pregnancy to feel baby early. I just find the movements hard to differentiate from gas or other stretching. I’m sure some of them sometimes are the baby, but which ones???
  • @craftywitch that’s the million dollar question. I think the baby flutters feel more like a little fish than gas does. 
  • Ive been feeling lots of flutters for two weeks and trying to determine which is which. But Yesterday i felt like someone took a spoon and was just stirring constantly below everything. Right where the baby would be. But i found it hard to believe the baby would be rolling for over an hour. Made me feel sick to my stomach and I had to lay down. It definitely was not gas. But it wasnt the little popping, flutter feelings I normally think of. This is baby #3 so I'm sure I'm feeling things early. With my others it was right around 17 weeks that I was 100% sure they were baby kicks and not flutters. And I'm already at 14 weeks now.