1st Trimester

Not Excited

Hi all
i just took the test and it’s positive.
im 37. I’m not excited. It’s not necessarily an unwanted pregnancy but 
I feel too old. I want to open an animal shelter. I want to do things. And yes being a mom was on that list but I’m not excited and I feel absolutely awful that I’m not excited.

what is wrong with me?

Re: Not Excited

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited July 2019
    You can still do things like open an animal shelter when you’re pregnant / have a kid. Your life doesn’t have to stop. Sorry to hear you’re not excited about your pregnancy but I think it’s normal to freak out about your life changing. 

Edited - I’m confused, you posted in April saying you were 5 weeks and concerned with body image. Is this a different pregnancy or the same? 
  • Thanks for replying. I miscarried that pregnancy in april. We weren’t trying my boyfriend just can’t control his body lol 

i am still worried about my body because after the miscarriage I got back on track and lost weight and started feeling good. I have a lot to lose and now I feel like I have this huge setback.

It’s not unwanted but I’m in the middle of moving to another state next month and I’m really stressed out. I’m just not excited about it right now. Im worried/annoyed/scared

everyone kept telling me I’m too old to have kids and I always got mad and defended myself but I guess now because I’m scared I’m believing that
  • Loading the player...
  • I would give it a bit of time. I think your feelings are normal with just finding out your pregnant, especially if it wasn’t really planned, but you have about 8 more months to adjust to the idea.

See if you can think of it this way...It’s great that you already have plans to move because you will be settled in by the time the baby is there. You can still open an animal shelter, it just may happen a little bit later than what you planned. You’ve lost weight and now your body is healthier than before to carry this baby. You lost weight once, you know you can do it again. And you are definitely not too old! I would just give it time, is stressful and scary now, but you can do this! Good luck! 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @squishees sorry to hear about your loss. Like others have said, you're definitely not too old. GL
  • I know when I ovulate. And he couldn’t pull out fast enough. Things happen
  • Thank you for all your support guys. I know I will eventually be happy I’m just so used to my life how it is and I’m so stressed. Ahhhh lol
  • I hope 37 isnt "too old" because Im 38 and just found out Im pregnant.