Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS Week of 7/29

Re: TFAS Week of 7/29

• @photographerwife No worries!  Mistakes happen and hopefully you moved it quickly enough that it hopefully won't do any harm.  :)
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• millpemillpe member
    Update - I emailed my dr about my leaky boobs, they forwarded it to a lactation consultant who asked a couple followup questions, and now I need to be seen this week... so I guess I have an appointment Friday. No idea what to expect. I'm assuming some bloodwork, so I might ask about doing any fertility testing along with it, even though I'm just seeing the PA this week.

*TW* I had a loss in May, but I've have negative hpts since then. My guess is that is one of the things they want to check. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Loading the player...
  • @millpe I am really happy you got in touch with them and that you are being seen this week. I wonder if it has something to do with your loss?  Please keep us posted, as we'll be thinking of you!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @millpe So sorry you're going through all this!  I hope you get some answers and it's nothing too concerning!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• millpemillpe member
    @kpearse99 and @shamrocandroll Thanks guys, I will definitely keep you posted if I learn anything! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • bows22bows22 member
    @mamaqdubu good luck with getting rid of the binky! It’s amazing how attached they get! I also hope your LO is feeling better. 

@millpe I’m glad you are going to get some answers! Keep us posted❤️
  • AF arrived this morning and honestly, I'm relieved. This last cycle has been so frustrating with not beginning charting out temping until mid-cycle and I'm hoping I get better insight with this next cycle. I'm wondering if this was possibly an anovulatory cycle though since there was no clear thermal shift?
  • @gingermama29 Sorry about AF.  If you didn't temp until mid-cycle, it's very possible/probable you just missed the shift.  I hope you get more insight next cycle!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @gingermama29 Sorry about AF! I hope charting gives you more clarity this month!
  • @shamrocandroll I feel your frustration. We were out of town staying with friends this weekend and it meant missing a chance on -1. 

@kpearse99 DD is always involved when I do my makeup. I save the empty compacts and paint them with nail polish to use as a toy, but she knows it's not the real stuff! 

@mamaqdubu Binky separation is rough! Hopefully things have calmed down. We went the Binky Fairy route. 

Month/Cycle: 1

WTO/TWW: TWW

Any thoughts on this cycle? It would be nice if things worked out but after 3 years of tracking my cycle I know they can vary from 26-35 days. My summer schedule tends to be less stressful and my cycles get shorter. I'll probably try an OPK next cycle.

Questions: none

Rant: Humidity. I'm pretty sure the heat has been giving me an upset stomach which I just don't have time for.
  • @jrouge12 that is a wonderful idea with the compacts! DS is obsessed with playing with mine when I do it, I’ll have to try that! 
  • @jrouge12 what a great idea! If i ever have a little girl I’ll have to remember that!

GTKY Thursday for TFAS:
     Have any of you done the Chinese gender prediction chart with your LO’s? Do you believe it in? haha (I know it’s a 50/50 chance at being right 😂) but was it correct for you in the past? 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I looked at the gender prediction chart soon after I found out I was pregnant. It said boy, but she's a girl! 

Wouldn't have cared either way, but it was wrong for me! 😊 
  • Hello! I’ve been reading along but I haven’t been in my phone a ton (I’m strictly mobile and didn’t want to spoil the Bachelorette 😆) so I haven’t been commenting much.

@millpe I hope your appointment is a step in the right direction In getting answers. I’m sorry your body is having field day with you. 

@jennifer_louise I hope your work trip goes well! Sorry it’s at an inconvenient time ttc-wise. 

@gingermama29 sorry for CD 1 but Glad you have a fresh cycle to start tracking with now. 

@bows22 How awesome for your DD! That’s nice they’ll still monitor but what an accomplishment! 
  • @mamaqdubu How’s your son feeling? How’s it going with no pacifier?
  • @kpearse99 It was right for me.  It has been 100% so far in my group of close friends from college, interestingly enough.  5 for 5!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @kpearse99 It’s 50/50 for me so far. Right for my son, wrong for my daughter. 
  • UGH, does anyone have and advice on how to get my 20 month old DS to quit nursing at night? Im so ready to be done. He wakes up and doesn't want to take a pacifier and it helps him fall back asleep. But im dying. He normally wakes up from his crib around 1-3 and i pull him into bed with me, and I dont mind that right now. im planning on keeping him in his bed before a sibling comes. But what do I do?! Tape off my boobs, sleep on the couch? Not to mention, im sure this is really jacking with my temps. So id like to stop before I have issues tracking around O. 
  • @photographerwife Send in your significant other. Only thing that worked for us. 
  • @tyrion_ I told him that, he's all.. "my sleep though" 🙄and DS is still in my room until we redo the other bedroom! 
  • What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle?  15th month / 6th? 7th? idk cycle

WTO/TWW? WFAF

Ages of other child(ren)?  officially 2!

Any thoughts about this cycle?  it's not a cycle right now so I'm just waiting...

Any questions? not now

Rant/Rave/Brag:  DD's speech is exploding right now!  She has such a crazy understanding of things around her that DH and I are trying very hard to keep up and continue challenging her.  Also, she's great with speech buuuuuuuut how do I teach my kid to be more coordinated?!?!?  DH and I are both very athletic and she's not haha

GTKY: If you just found out that you had a completely free day tomorrow (no work, no kids, no SO) how would you spend it?  literally, I would lay in bed and watch Grey's reruns, play on my phone, and sun tan.  Basically try to do all mind-numbing tasks
  • @mokay19 I feel like kids who are super advanced in speech are less advanced in fine motor, and vice versa.  It's possible she just won't be athletic like you and YH, haha.  I'm not coordinated AT ALL.  Never really have been.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mokay19 no advice about improving coordination but that's awesome about your DD and her speech development. I love this stage where they start rapidly increasing their vocabulary. It's so fun to witness.
    To answer your question, it's definitely possible I had a slight shift though it didn't line up with EWCM.
    Here's my chart if you're curious:

• @mokay19 that's awesome in DD's speech! Would something like a gymnastics class  or even swimming help with coordination? DS is in toddler gymnastics and swim classes and we love it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mokay19 fellow grey's fan here!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mokay19 For gross motor coordination I would get her signed up for dance or gymnastics as soon as she's potty trained (some early dance classes even offer like a mommy and me so that they can start before they are potty trained).  I teach dance to 3-6 year olds and it's amazing the growth they make in one year let alone the more they stick with it.  It teaches so much more than coordination and basic dance steps too, it teaches socialization skills, self confidence and a love of learning... and so much more!
    Our TTC Journey

• @shamrocandroll I just worry about her hurting herself because she’s such a clutz haha

@gingermama29 I could definitely see CD31 being your O date and an LP if 13 days if I counted correctly.  That slow rise is how all of my charts look and mine only go up about .5 degrees, too. 

@kathryn0903 @kpearse99 gymnastics or dance might be good to look into! When DH was a SAHD earlier this year they did yoga and she LOVED it so I should probably scope something out. Thanks!

And Kathryn, I’ve been re-watching all the Grey’s on Netflix and I’m on season 13 so I’m almost to the new episodes 😁

• @mokay19 no RE with my DD. Don't want to trigger anyone (including myself because this seriously drives me nuts) but:

We were a one-hit wonder with her, she took just one cycle to conceive. Second time around, here we are at cycle 16! Now my flight home tonight is delayed so no chance of HIO tonight and I'm majorly bummed. :(

• @jennifer_louise I am so sorry. This has to be so hard on you. And I’m sorry you’re flight is delayed. 
  • @tyrion_ thanks, friend. 💜 Although secondary IF really sucks, I do think it would be much more painful if I didn't already have DD. At the same time, in my heart I don't feel like I can ever "fit in" with all the moms who keep popping out babies because I don't know what that's like, but also how can I identify as IF with a toddler! It's a total contradiction, and pretty isolating. Thankfully, I have this community! 

• @jennifer_louise sorry about the delayed flight! It took us 17 months to conceive DD and now we’re at 15 months here. I honestly think the second time has been harder because I know how awesome it felt to be pregnant and have a newborn! And IF sucks no matter if you’ve experienced it before or not. Plus, I can’t imagine the emotions when it was so easy the first time and it’s all new. So sorry!
  • @jennifer_louise what @mokay19 said... IF sucks in general no matter if it’s the first or 5th time around, but I totally understand what you said about being grateful for your first LO and how it makes it a little better knowing you have her already. It’s crazy how the body works... no issues getting KU the first time and then the second time around... WTF? Hang in there ♥️ And give that DD extra snuggles when you are feeling down. 

Sorry I posted that question about the gender prediction and then sort of disappeared yesterday 😂 I realized I never even answered my own question hahaha mine said boy and he was a boy! 

Also, @mokay19 and @Kathryn0903 I LOVE LOVE greys!!!! So add me to the list!
    Our TTC Journey

• @jennifer_louise Hope you made it home alright last night. 

@shamrocandroll Hugs. I’m so sorry this has been difficult for you guys. 
  • @jennifer_louise I agree with PPs that IF sucks no matter what! We had an IF diagnosis before DS, and then ended up KU without help. This time feels harder in a different way because I'm not at the point I'm okay with getting help, but like I also know we kinda had issues, but if it's happened once we should be able to do it again?? Or maybe he's just our miracle baby? IDK. 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @millpe I totally get that! After DD I just assumed we were super fertile (eye roll) and now I assume that DD was just some kind of miracle! It's all a total mystery to me. Hope you get some answers from your doc soon! 💜 
  • Is there a TFAS thread for this week?
  • @gingermama29 I don’t think so! Do you want to start it? I can’t think of a GTKY haha