March 2020 Moms

STM+ Check-In August

varimamavarimama member
edited August 2019 in March 2020 Moms
Feel free to follow the prompts or not... 

EDD/Weeks + Days:

How old is/are your other kid(s)?

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family?

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family?

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)?
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: STM+ Check-In August

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 3.13/7w6d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? He'll be two this month! Ah!

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's wonderful! Definitely starting to throw more tantrums, but also getting smarter and funnier by the day. Due to our current daycare raising tuition, we are switching to another daycare next week, and I have major anxiety around that.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? I can't wait to see DS as a big brother :) 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Mostly financial, since daycare cost is crazy. I'm hoping we don't have a pricey NICU bill this time around too. I'm also nervous about the newborn phase and sleep deprivation again, since DS was a pretty easy baby. 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? So far, pretty similar. I think I felt more tired the first time around. I'm definitely exhausted right now, but I think I have so much going on that I don't focus on it as much. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • LittleSEZLittleSEZ member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 5w/5d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? He is 4.5

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Hes amazing. Super smart, growing like a weed and wants to go to Kindergarden so bad... he has to wait until next year since he wont be 5 until February.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? I had a brother, who died when I was 19 and he was 21. I can not wait to see the relationship these two have. It was important for me to provide my boy with a sibling. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? That my relationship with my boy will suffer. I never ever want him to feel like he is being replaced or I dont have time for him. ETA: I am 38 and will be 39 when this baby is born, I dont want any "special"  or extra testing/ultrasounds and prefer the one ultrasound at 18 weeks and not one now and then again every few weeks... Im not sure my Dr will do that because of my age. I will ask at my apt on the 14th.  

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? I didnt even know I was pregnant until I was 7 weeks with him. I found out at 5 with this one... I dont have any symptoms other than a BFP so, its exactly the same I just know this time and I was "unaware" last time. I havent changed anything in my life (aside from a few beers on the weekend) yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 3/11 8+1

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 9, DS is 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Pretty well. I’m ready for DD to go back to school. Summer has been loooong. This morning though, it was so sweet, I was crying because pregnancy hormones, and DS came over and have me a huge hug and just rubbed my face and put his head on my shoulder for a solid five mins. It made me cry harder because it was so dang cute, but it was so comforting at totally calmed me down. 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? I think it’ll be fun for DS to have a playmate closer in age. Plus he loves babies so I think it’ll be really cute. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Being able to spread my attention among three kids, and being outnumbered by kids!! 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? So far it has been VERY similar to my pregnancy with DD. FX it’s another girl! 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: I think I'll go off my O date now... so 3/14 & 7+5

How old is/are your other kid(s)? nearly 16 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? pretty good! He went through a really cranky/clingy phase for about a month (starting right after I found out I'm KU), but seems to be doing better now. He's also nursing more, which is a little weird (or maybe not?). Not more often, but for longer durations. I think it's mostly him just wanting to have some cuddle time, which is fine by me. Or maybe it's because my supply is dwindling and it takes him longer to get the same amount. 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Giving DS a sibling, completing our family. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Everything lol. FFTC: I'm not a huge fan of the newborn phase. I enjoy the snuggles and tiny, squishy baby, but DS was a tough, high-needs infant. I'm hoping this next baby will be easier than DS was, but I'm bracing for a rough 6ish months. And I have NO idea how I'm going to juggle 2 kids. 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? Pretty similar, but more symptoms. More nausea overall, more fatigue, more mood swings, etc. And I'm breaking out like crazy which is different than last time. I'm also trying to remember when my hair thickened up and stopped falling out last time, because I'm still shedding like crazy. 

@MrsVP614 I can understand the daycare anxiety. I have to send DS to someone new for a few days next week because his normal daycare is closed, and just THAT is anxiety inducing. And yeah, how the hell do people survive the newborn sleep deprivation on top of having to take care of a toddler?????

@LittleSEZ do you mind if I ask why you don't want to do any testing? I'm assuming your talking about NIPT and the NT scan?

@miss.sally aaaaaaaaaawwwww, your DS being so sweet just made me tear up at my desk <3

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder Glad I'm not alone in that!

Also, I meant to ask a question here for STMs. How long did it take for your NIPT results to come back? I can't remember what kind of testing my office does, but I can check later today. It says 1-2 weeks, estimated, but I'm wondering how accurate that is. Last time around, I think it took longer for me, and we used Counsyl.
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @MrsVP614 we used Counsyl last time, and the turn around was 1-2 weeks. I did, however, pester my doc's office at least once because I got a notification from Counsyl the the results were in and pending doctor's review. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 3/27, 5+6

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Almost 2.5 years

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's great! Talking so much and becoming more & more independent. He is in camp this summer and loves it so much! He's officially out of diapers which has been life changing. Haha! I will say that the tantrums have picked up about a few weeks ago though. I feel like I'm constantly picking my battles.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Feeling like our family is complete and for my DS to have a sibling. I also love raising small humans alongside my DH.

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I struggled HARD through the newborn stage until my DS was about 8 months old & he was an easy baby. I hope I'm able to appreciate the early stages a bit more as I know now just how fleeting they are. And my fingers are crossed that I get another baby who is a good sleeper. I'm sending out all the hope I can into the universe...haha!

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? The major difference is my appetite level. With my DS my appetite was raging from the moment I POAS until my 14th week. Not so much this time around. I'm just not that hungry. I didn't have MS with DS & so far I don't have it with this pregnancy. FX it continues that way!
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• kantobean said:
    *snip*

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I don’t know if I have the energy to do this. It took me 2 years with DD to feel like I was adequately balancing my mom life and my job. Obviously I still struggle with it but I was a complete mess for 2 years. I know it will be temporary but starting over with that terrifies me. And also the lack of sleep (part of the reason it took 2 years is bc DD didn’t STTN until she turned 2). 

*snip*

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder 3/14 was my due date with DS <3
    **TW**

• @MrsVP614 for my DS the test results came back in 10 days. 
    **TW**

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 3/8 by LMP (measuring and O 3/15)

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He’s doing pretty good! His tantrums are awful but his sweetness is just the best. When I’m dry heaving or puking he asks if I’m ok then imitates me. He’s been way less stingy with his kisses too, he gave me so many yesterday. Anyone having luck getting their toddler to be gentle with their belly? I don’t think he gets it yet and he is a rough and tumble little boy. 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? DS loves babies so I’m looking forward to him being a big brother! I also can’t wait for the snuggly newborn!

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? How I’ll be able to handle 2. DS was a high needs baby and is still a pretty high needs toddler.  I feel guilty that DS won’t get all the attention he’s used to and new baby won’t get all the attention DS got. I had some bad postpartum anxiety so I’m worried about that again. I’m worried I won’t remember how to take care of a newborn. I’m worried something will happen to me in delivery and idk how DH will cope or handle two kids alone... I’ve got a lot of worries 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? So far it’s pretty much like DS’s but I think nausea came a little earlier and my boobs aren’t sore but my nipples are. I’m wondering if it’s from still nursing DS.
    EDD 11/24/23

• @stassischroeder solidarity!! 

@varimama DD is also rough and loves climbing on me and “wrestling”, especially at bedtime and when daddy is getting her wound up. 😂 I hadn’t noticed until recently how much she kicks/jumps/leans on my belly. 😳
  • @varimama I can 100% relate to all of your concerns you have regarding adding to your family, too. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Question I just thought of: what is everyone's plans for in-room bassinet? For DS we used a RNP, which was obviously recalled, so I'm not sure what the best alternative is. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder also did not enjoy the newborn phase and also am shedding like crazy....although I usually am.

@miss.sally that is so sweet about DS snuggling you! What were your differences in pregnancy symptoms with DD vs DS?

@varimama I’ve read that you don’t get sore boobs is you are still nursing and it’s def true for me too (nipples excluded—ouch!). I had a lot of anxiety in the newborn phase, but I am hopeful this time I will be more prepared for what is to come. I hope it’s not as awful and debilitating as last time.

@kantobean ah! DS didn’t sttn until 13ish months and I thought that was bad. 2 years!! Poor you. I hope this baby makes up for the last baby and sleeps like a dream.

EDD/wks + days: 3/19 best guess, 7w

How old is your other kid?: 15 months

How is your kid doing?: He is so sweet and snuggly. Gah. Just love him. We are trying to wean him though (I only nurse for nap and bedtime) bc (1) I have hardly any milk left and (2) he needs to learn to fall asleep without a boob in his mouth. Weaning is not going well and since I feel like garbage and the easiest solution is to nurse him, I always cave. 

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your fam?: DS having a sibling (built in playmate) close in age. 

What are your concerns?: Giving enough attention to DS. And loving anyone as much as DS. He is the sweetest and the smiliest and I just don’t know how I could love anyone as much as him. 

So far is this pregnancy the same or diff?: I got sick at the exact same time (5.5 wks), but this time I was extremely sick (couldn’t eat anything for a few days) the first week of morning sickness. And now I feel low level nausea pretty much all the time and serious aversions, but I mostly feel okay. Last time I was pretty nauseous for 2 weeks but never puked and then had aversions and cravings the rest of my pregnancy. Less zits this time. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @MrsVP614 I hope the new daycare turns out to be wonderful and that when you drop off Monday you’re anxiety will be relieved. 

@LittleSEZ I’m sorry about your brother!

@stassischroeder sorry you have similar concerns. I feel like my logical side knows it’ll work out but that side rarely has an ability to stop me from worrying anyways 🤷🏻‍♀️

@puppylove8910 the newborn stage is so hard, I loved it but I wish I hadn’t been so anxious the whole time. I had a bad sleeper and then barely slept when he slept because I kept watching him breathe terrified he’d stop and I needed to be there. 

@kantobean my DS didn’t sleep through the night until a couple months ago. Even still he wakes up for the day at like 5am 🤦🏻‍♀️ Part of me is like awesome I’m going to be getting even less sleep. He was still waking every hour until we night weaned at 19 months 😬

@silverhope and anyone else still nursing I highly recommend the book Adventures in Tandem Nursing by Hillary Flower. I never thought I’d be nursing past a year or nursing when pregnant or considering tandem nursing but my little guy just gets so much more from nursing than just milk I don’t want to take it from him before he’s ready. It’s kind of expensive so check and see if you have a local LLL you can borrow it from. They can also help with nursing/pregnancy concerns or weaning if that is what you want to do! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @stassischroederthat is correct. I didnt have them with my first. I had one ultrasound at 21 weeks and that was it... until I was 41 weeks and they wanted to check his fluid because I wanted to wait till 42 weeks to go into labor on my own. Im in the less is more category and hearing the HB at every appointment is enough for me without having to have an ultrasound. 

• nwshaynwshay member
    edited August 2019

Edited because u answered question #2 weirdly. 

Weeks + Days: 6+0 (March 26)

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2 (4/24/17)

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Great! She's at such a fun age. She's so funny and smart. She definitely keeps us on our toes

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Definitely seeing the interaction between the baby and my daughter

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Time and stress! We run our own business and I am a little nervous. I just hope the baby is as easy as my daughter was

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? The same so far. I don't feel pregnant and it makes me way too nervous.
  • @silverhope with DD I craved smoothies and fruit and all things sweet. I also didn’t have as bad morning sickness. With DS I had terrrrrible sickness starting early and lasted until 12 weeks. And craved salty things. Also with DD (and this pregnancy) my hair is falling out in clumps and I’m breaking out. With DS my hair was healthy and strong and my skin was awesome. Lol. It’s all so strange. 
  • @miss.sally interesting! I know every pregnancy is different, so I’m trying not to read into any differences I have. 

• EDD/Weeks + Days:  3/12, 8w

How old is/are your other kid(s)?  15 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?  DD is doing great!  I love her so much it's crazy.  I've really been enjoying my time off with her this summer.  I'm having her evaluated for speech because she currently only has one word (dog).  I think most of my friends think I'm overreacting, but I have a special ed background and I know that all the research says that early intervention is the best.  I'm thinking she's probably fine, but I'd hate to look back in 6 months (a year, two years) and wish I'd done something sooner.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family?  I really, really loved the newborn stage and can't wait to have another teeny tiny baby in my arms.  I am also really excited about seeing the two of them grow up together and become friends (hopefully).  I'm an only child so I really don't know how this sibling stuff works, lol. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family?  My concerns sound exactly like @silverhope's.  I worry that I won't love #2 as much as DD.  I also am equally worried that I'll love #2 more; the thought of which absolutely horrifies me.  Moms with more that one currently, (and maybe this is a ridiculous question) do you love both children equally?  

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)?  I have far less symptoms that my last pregnancy.  Last time, my boobs got huge and hurt so bad.  I was crazy emotional and cried/raged all the time.  I'm trying to tell myself that both of those things came along later that 8 weeks, but I can't really remember.  

@stassischroeder We had a Snoo that we bought for $770 with military discount and resold for $650.  It was so worth the investment and we'll be buying a new one for this baby.  This thing was so magical!  She slept in it until she was 6 months old and we switched her to her crib in her own room.  I was worried about the transition, but it was really smooth.
  • @stassischroeder I just answered the bassinet question in the other thread.
    @keeksie84 I have the same thoughts about loving another child. Like, how? I know our hearts will just magically grow to have room to love another baby, but I also worry about one feeling neglected. I feel like I rarely get one on one time with DS as it is, so I will just have to make it a top priority, despite having a newborn.
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/wks + days: 3/18 — 7wk1d

How old is your other kid?: 16 months & change

How is your kid doing?: She is an incredible thing — so sweet and snuggly and goofy. Her vocabulary is exploding! She’s been clingy and sensitive, but we’re on vacation and her schedule is all out of whack.

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your fam?: Sibling love! They’ll be pretty much exactly 2 years apart (Sylvia’s EDD was 3/16 and she was born 3/24), which I think is perfect. 

What are your concerns?: I know it’ll be a trying couple of years when they’re both so young. Just realizing how difficult it is to travel with one toddler, for example. And it’s hard to imagine surviving the newborn days with another little one to love on. But I’m sure we’ll get by.

So far is this pregnancy the same or diff?: I feel more uterus stretching and RLP earlier this time, which makes me think I’ll show sooner. Nausea seems earlier and more intense, too — changing poopy diapers isn’t helping anything. But I’m also a lot less anxious and focused on the day-by-day, week-by-week stuff, which feels more relaxed. Definitely ready for bed by 9 pm on a regular basis. 
  • @keeksie84 I’m an only child too! And that’s a lot of the reason why I wanted 2 kids ha. 

• @keeksie84 @MrsVP614 I think everyone naturally worries when they’re pregnant with their second how they could possibly love another baby as much, and then your heart really truly does just magically grow. And it’s not as hard as it seems to make one-on-one time for your toddler. Luckily most newborns can be in a swing or bouncer long enough for you to do an activity alone with your toddler, maybe on weekends you and your partner can split up and each take a child even for just a couple hours. I stay at home so I also enrolled my 2 year old in a super causal little school 4 hours a week, so that gave me some downtime with my infant. You will make it work and all thrive. 
  • @momoftoddlers I love the idea of enrolling DS in a toddler school a few days a week. 

@keeksie84 and @MrsVP614 I wasn’t really worried about loving DS more than DD, but it’s definitely a weird transition. It’s a totally different kind of love that I have for each of them and I think that is so cool. There’s also such a huge age gap, and maybe that helps. I’m definitely curious to see what it’s like having a newborn and toddler. 
  • @keeksie84 i have the same fears! And i don’t know which is worse!!! Loving DD more or possibly loving #2 more. I’m sure it will be fine once they’re both here but it is such a scary thought.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Feel free to follow the prompts or not... 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 8+4, 3/9

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 16 mo and 3.5 years (both girls)

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They are great. They get along so well. DD1 starts preschool in Sept. I’m so excited for her. She’s going to love it. DD2 is such a fun, silly girl. 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? This is my last time being pregnant! I’m excited to close this chapter. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? We have a three bedroom house and all the rooms are close together. I’m worried about sleep and noise, mostly. DD1 was and is high needs so I’m nervous for another round of colic. 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy? Similar, but maybe slightly more intense nausea. Thankfully it ended at 13/14 weeks with both so I’m holding on to that for dear life right now. 
  • treetop19treetop19 member
    edited August 2019
    @miss.sally.. awww to your DS. :)

@varimama, my DS doesn't know the meaning of gentle yet..lol.. he is constantly jumping on me.  that will have to stop as my belly gets bigger...

EDD/Weeks + Days: due date 3/7

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 13 year old DD, 3.5 year old DS

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? DD has been helping out more lately around the house, which has been awesome.  I don't know what I'll do when she goes off to school in a few weeks.   DS has been really restless lately, he's been in an out of the yard wanting to play like crazy all day.  he goes to part-time preschool in a couple of weeks, and it can't come soon enough.  :) 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? I can't wait to hold a newborn again.. I so miss the baby stage now that DS is relatively 'grown up'.  I'm looking forward to how DS will react to a sibling, I'm thinking it will be positively because he is a social little guy.  

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family?  being spread too thin, with 3.. and I fear DD will get the brunt of that.  she's already having to help out around the house more since I haven't been feeling well this 1st tri.  and the sleepless newborn nights.. not looking forward to those either.  I have a feeling they will be more difficult with a preschooler around, since I won't be able to 'nap when the baby naps.' 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? so far, it is pretty similar to my pregnancy with DS - sore boobs in week 5, nausea starting in week 6.. with DS the nausea let up about week 11, so I really hope this one will follow suit.  with DD didn't have too much nausea, though I had a little bit. 
  • Does anyone else stay up at night wondering how your LO will react to becoming a sibling? I am feeling more and more anxious about it, largely because she's a sensitive bean. Everyone says she'll adjust and it will be fine, but I can't help but worry about it.
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese

I stay up at night worrying about everything. How DS will react is absolutely one of the topics that crosses my mind. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder Gotta love a mother's intuition! Hope your little dude feels better soon.
    I'm also obsessing over DS and how he will adjust to being a sibling, along with you @WorkingOnMyNightCheese. I know there's only so much we can do, but as much as I'm excited about expanding our family, I'm also sad and anxious about my relationship with DS. 
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Any advice on when to get DS out of his crib?
    I've been team crib until he's either too tall or climbing out... and we haven't had that problem. But now I'm wondering if we should go ahead and make the switch soon when we redecorate his room ahead of baby #2, so it's one less change after the baby is here.
    I'm also debating whether to transition to the toddler bed with his crib mattress, or move to a full mattress and reuse the crib mattress for March baby.
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Coming late to this August party! 

@MrsVP614 I hope the daycare switch goes smoothly, and I think like some universities do, daycares should have “tuition freezes,” because we make family planning decisions around them etc. etc. Also I did informaseq for my bloodwork last night, and it took 7 (business) days, 9 days total to get the results, and I called to get them (“like where are my results????”). Also we skipped right to a full bed. Part of this is because DD needs us to rest with her, but also I just don’t see the point of a toddler bed unless you need it!

@LittleSEZ I so feel you on the importance of providing LO with a sibling. I have two brothers. And DH was an only child (with some step siblings). I was definitely the one pushing for three! And I am so so sorry about your brother. Major hugs. I can’t wrap my mind around that.

@miss.sally That is SO cute re: DS hugging you. And I feel you on the being outnumbered fears!

@stassischroeder My second was an easier newborn than DD, so FX the same for you! And re: the ears, Mom ALWAYS knows best!

@kantobean Ugh I go through a weird phase from the end of my maternity leave until 10 months or so where I am so resentful I have to work, because I want to focus on being a good mom. Legit might quit this time (and then regret it a few months later).

@SDSwenson What is your business?

@keeksie84 Yes. I totally love both equally. Exactly equally. And the “good” moments they share make me love each of them equally more. I promise you will feel the same (although I still strongly argue that my brother Justin is my mom’s favorite hahaha).

@JenEP maybe I said this elsewhere, but we have simila raged kids! My DD is 3 years and ten months, and DS is 19 months! So we are both crazy haha.

EDD/Weeks + Days: March 12th, 8 weeks and 5 days (so crazy!)

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 3 years and 10 months and DS is a little over 19 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Pretty good! DS has been a little cranky, but he has his last two baby teeth coming in AND he’s had a little cold, so I’m like, dude, I get it. DD is great… but god she can throw tantrums/whine with the best of them!

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? If all goes well, I just can’t believe I am getting to have three babies! It took a lot of work to get DH (sort of?) on board, and we started pretty late, so I’m just amazed. I also freaking love newborns; I love newborn clothes, I love middle of the night snuggles, I love breastfeeding blah blah blah.

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? When do you pump with three kids? Do you sleep? How many times will DS throw something on the baby's face? Do I seriously have to keep working?

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? So far I’d say it’s like my pregnancy with DD, because I had extreme nausea/vomiting with DS and a milder version (puking maybe once a day) with DD. BUT yesterday reminded me of my pregnancy with DS. So far today is better… so we’ll see!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited August 2019
    @MrsVP614 No advice really, but I’ve been contemplating the same thing. I’m planning to put my kid (who will be like 21 months at the time) into a twin-sized floor bed around Christmas. I want to use the crib for new BB and not switch big kid up too close to the EDD. I know a lot of folks switch to a bed much later, but we’re kinda Montessori and some like-minded folks do it at 1 year or earlier! So fingers crossed. I’d rather buy a bed she could use indefinitely than buy another crib and crib mattress. 
  • @orbmaker Just chiming in to say that is EXACTLY my plan. Love the floor twin beds! Semi-Montessori here as well! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 Check out the company Sprout if you haven’t! Love them for their simple, kid-friendly designs and the non-toxic, American-made approach. 
  • @MrsVP614, we moved son at 18 months old into a full size twin bed with bed rails. He slept on a mat at daycare and when he napped at home he slept in the twin, so we just went for it for night time too. Hes 4.5 now, we never looked back. He never climbed out of the crib, it just felt right to move him... slept much better in the bed than the crib. We did have to gate the top of the stairs so if/when he got out of bed in the night he would come straight to our room and we wouldnt worry he would fall down the stairs.