March 2020 Moms
Options

Fit Friday 7/26

How's your fitness plan going (or not going?) What are your fitness plans moving forward?

πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Re: Fit Friday 7/26

• Options
    Omg @kagesstarshroom love the Billy gif!!!Β 

Im planning on getting back to the gym this week and running and weight lifting.... hoping no SCH this time around!Β 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUIΒ 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin I basically made this post so I could post the Billy gif lol. ^_~*

AFM: I did some yoga yesterday. Hoping to try to do a little every day, but depression has been getting in the way of my fitness goals. My BFF and I were talking yesterday about one of the great contradictions of mental health--how we know working out will make us feel a bit better, but how hard it is to motivate yourself to workout when you're down. Anyway, I am hoping also to get some walking in, but trying to be kind to myself when I don't.Β 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom Loving the Billy gif! Watched the new season in a day and now I'm pissed I have to wait another year lolΒ 

AFM--**Responding while eating a double chocolate donut** :#Β 
    I made it to my Pure Barre classes the past 2 days so I am happy with that and I am signed up for the weekend. Hopefully, I can get back to my regular routine now that I had my first appt.Β 
  • Options
    I lifted weights Monday, did a short run Tuesday, and have been too tired to do anything else this week. πŸ™„ I am still getting in walks. I’m going to the gym tomorrow to do more weights and either run or elliptical.Β 
  • Options
    jenEPjenEP member
    My motivation has been non-existent so other than chasing my toddlers, not a whole lot of exercise here. DH has also been working so much that I can’t get away for a class. Hoping MIL will watch my girls tomorrow so I can go to prenatal yoga. I didn’t it with my pregnancy with my oldest and loved it. I didn’t do much with my second pregnancy and was in a lot more pain through. I really want to stay active this time! *as I scroll Instagram instead of working out during my girls’ nap*
  • Options
    I went to the gym Tuesday and Thursday for two 2-mile treadmill jogs and some legs and back work. Added some walking to the treadmill cycle so my mile's dropped from 9 minutes to 11 minutes. It's distressing to slow down, but we just saw the baby's flickering pulse this week and I'd rather not hurt myself by pushing too hard.
  • Options
    Good work, ladies! @kagesstarshroom Hugs. Depression can be so debilitating. Watch out for perinatal depression and advocate for yourself always!Β 

I ran at work Monday and Tuesday and before work today. Hoping to run tomorrow and Sunday. I find if I do it early, it's much more likely to happen. I also blocked off an hour on my calendar at work (lunch time) to run two days next week. So then I don't feel pressured to wake up super early those days.

Also, ladies, I just had the BEST thought... we are all going to start feeling better in September (second trimester!) and it will be FALL for so many of us. That weather is amazing and we'll want to walk/run/exercise outside. YESSSSS!Β 

PS Let's not think about the third trimester yet lol lol lol.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020Β 

• Options
    I had started a really intense workout routine with a friend/NHL trainer about two months before I found out I was KU. I’ve been too tired to continue but he did say he would modify some plans for me once I start feeling better. I’m looking forward to that, as I really want to stay active this time around. I didn’t last time and everything just hurt. My new OB also told me she wants me to get an HOUR of exercise a day. Even if it means going for a long brisk walk. That will be a tough goal to meet but I’m going to do my best.Β 
  • Options
    I was just thinking about how to stay healthy and saw this thread! :) I was doing well with home workouts but now that the nausea has kicked in, I feel like all want to do it lounge and not eat vegetables haha! Any tips would be appreciated!Β 
  • Options
    I’ve been mostly keeping up with my 30 min Beachbody workouts every day. I miss one here or there due to being busy but I’m not beating myself up about it. Last pregnancy I didn’t workout at all and gained way too much weight. I also had a lot of issues from a very weakened core after delivery. I’m hoping to avoid that this time!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb β€˜17)

• Options
    Β It’s been years since I’ve worked out properly. Also recently dx with hypothyroidism so dealing with side effects from that. If any others with thyroid issues have any advice, please chime in.Β 

In setting realistic small goals for myself, because anything too much, I’ll fail at. I’m on a stationary bike right now and will try for 20-30 mins of that. We also just got an elliptical so I’m going to try and use it a few times a week in the morning for 20 minutes as a starting goal.Β 

@mininovak If I eat small snacks often, the nausea stays away. I’m going to try with small intervals in the Β morning, if I try to do anything after work I’m pooped.Β 
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• Options
    I ran/walked this morning but it was already hot and I struggled to jog more than 5 minutes at a time. I’m so ready for first tri exhaustion AND this crazy heat to go away.
  • Options
    @lusineg I have had my thyroid removed so not sure how your symptoms compare but for me the most important thing is making sure my dosage and the brand of medication I’m on work for me. Thyroid meds aren’t like others where the generic is the same as the name brand according to my doctor and also my personal experience. It took a while to dial in the dose and brand (keep in mind it changes for some women during pregnancy though I was lucky and mine didn’t last time so hoping that stays the same this time too). Some brands made me feel off like one I couldn’t sleep and one made me have the shakes and one was just too expensive even though I felt fine. I hope you and your doctor are able to dial in something quickly for you that works!Β 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb β€˜17)

• Options
    @kantobean "I’m so ready for first tri exhaustion AND this crazy heat to go away." SAME. Except I live in Louisiana, so basically it will be hot 4ever. I am typing this so that I do it: I am going to do some yoga today. #accountability
  • Options
    I workout 6 days a week, 5:15am Mon-Fri and 8:30 on Saturdays... I crossfit, so usually an hour to an hour and a half with my additional accessory work after the programmed lift and workout. I will continue with that through this pregnancy.Β 
  • Options
    @littlesez that's awesome!! I hope you can keep up that pace!

afm I made it to the gym last night and got in a legs workout. not sure about tonight though as I might be on a later train than normal. also my bloat is so bad by the end of my work day it is uncomfortable to run right now but that is what I neeeeeed :(Β 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUIΒ 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin, unless any complications occur, I will. I was there every day with my first pregnancy too. All 42 weeks of it. Though that was 4.5 years ago... god willing I will keep going.Β 
  • Options
    @lusineg good idea. I think I’m going to have to try morning workouts as well. Afternoons and evenings are reserved for naps πŸ˜‹
  • Options
    so far still doing what I was before.Β 
    pole dancing 2 nights a week and continuing with conditioning at home and contortion trainingΒ 

I danced up to 2 weeks before my daughter was born last time so all going well plan on doing what I always have and just modifying as needed