February 2020 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying.

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying.

• Burst into tears while talking with my husband about where the new babe will be if it's a boy. And the thought of making my oldest have to share a room after all the hype I had to do about him getting his own room so he would get excited about moving made me feel sad and guilty. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @noxacanthus Oh man! That would definitely cause tears!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @Swiftlet I’ve been craving Arby’s ever since I read your post 😂 it initially stuck with me because I kept thinking about the pep talk the husband must have had to give himself in the driveway and to go back inside the house, but eventually all I could think about was curly fries and cheese sauce. 
  • I just started crying thinking about how unadultlike I feel. Maybe its slight envy of friends on facebook, but enough of them are buying/building new homes, have been married for forever, have several kids....I'm a couple months shy of 29 and just got married, living in a "cheap" 1 bedroom apartment, 1st pregnancy. Feeling kind of like a failure and scared out of my wits with all the health issues I'm facing with this pregnancy. 
    Dont get me wrong, I'm so blessed by everything I have in life....I just want a better life for my husband and baby! 
    Ugh....
  • I start to choke up any time my kids cry. And they’re 5 and 3 so this is a lot. 😂😭😂
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nhh11nhh11 member
    edited July 2019
    babyroma said:
    I just started crying thinking about how unadultlike I feel. Maybe its slight envy of friends on facebook, but enough of them are buying/building new homes, have been married for forever, have several kids....I'm a couple months shy of 29 and just got married, living in a "cheap" 1 bedroom apartment, 1st pregnancy. Feeling kind of like a failure and scared out of my wits with all the health issues I'm facing with this pregnancy. 
    Dont get me wrong, I'm so blessed by everything I have in life....I just want a better life for my husband and baby! 
    Ugh....
    Don’t feel bad! Facebook showcases the best parts of everyone’s lives. It’s not real :). If it makes you feel any better, I grew up in the south and sooo many people I knew got married before 25. I didn’t get married till 30 - my grandma was quick to remind me I wasn’t getting any younger lol - and bought our house at 31. I’m currently 34 and just now on my first pregnancy!:) I understand the feeling. And I hope your health issues get better!
  • I spent too much time making a crockpot dinner for DH & DS and didn't have time to make a breakfast for me. So I sobbed because I have to take care of everyone else and no one takes care of me.
  • @craftywitch I feel you on that! My husband usually gets to eat a hot meal while I get the kids good ready and feed my youngest And then I can finally eat!
  • Because I watched the trailer for the new Tom Hanks movie about Mr. Rogers.
  • One of my guilty pleasure is The Bachelor/ette and a podcast done by a blogger who spoils the franchise, Reality Steve. He did a podcast this week where a domestic violence survivor shared her story (nothing at all to do with the show). I was trying so hard not to bawl. 
  • My 3 year old has been so sassy all day to me. She’s had a smart comment about everything or has simply mimicked me. She’s hit, pinched, kicked, and bit me as well. I’ve calmly taken things away from her all day long based on her behavior. I just put her in bed and she got up not even five seconds later telling me that she’s not going to bed and just generally being a sasshole. So what did I do? To my own horror I burst into tears! She’s a shark and smelled blood. So she started laughing at me for crying. I’m raising Regina George. 
  • @doodleoodle oh no! So sorry. Toddlers can be such jerks sometimes. DS is also 3 and sometimes I worry I’m raising a little terror.
  • @daffodil_shoe that makes me feel a little better, but I’m sorry you’re also going through it. I’m not really sure why two year olds get such a bad rap. In my experience three is much worse. At least, I’m hoping it’s just the age and not her personality 🤞
  • @doodleoodle 3 is rough. My 3yo lovvvves to tell me “No! Never!” When I ask him to do something. It’s fun. 😳
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @craftywitch omg! Mine does something similar. I’ll say something that I think they will be excited about like, “Who wants to help mommy make chocolate chip pancakes?” And she’ll not even look up from her toys and say, “no one!” 
  • edited July 2019
    @babyroma pets get more attentive when your pregnant. My cats always are my first indicator I'm pregnant because they crowd me out. 
  • @sassypants2010 yeah I knew pets have that sense. It just made me so happy! Lol
    The other night she was sitting on my stomach in bed and kneading it. I was fine with that until she licked my belly button unexpectedly! Haha 
  • @daffodil_shoe @craftywitch @doodleoodle noooooo! I’ve been a little MIA this past couple days so I’m just now catching up. My (just turned) 2 year old daughter has been a complete terror this week. It gets worse?!? 
  • @lanie1000 Two year olds are difficult because it’s hard for them to communicate and they get frustrated, but it turns out that living in blissful ignorance of what they think of you is much better for everyone. 
  • Listened to Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson 😭
  • Anybody not crying at all? If anything, I think pregnancy is making me more mellow. 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup That is awesome! I think I'm usually fine until there's a trigger that makes me happy or sad lol.
    TW
  • @rikiteacup la tee freakin da 😂 I’m so jealous. I am a mess. I caught my eyes starting to well up today and couldn’t think of a single reason as to why that was happening.

• @doodleoodle I am not surprised. I usually don't cry much. The only thing that makes me cry instantly is if an authority figure is mad/disappointed at me. Then I can't control it. I am only 25% through this pregnancy. A lot can change!
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @wheresjam47 hugs ❤️ my oldest son started kindergarten this time last year. I was a mess. It’s definitely an adjustment for the whole family. Hang in there! It’s really neat to watch them change and grow when they start school 😊
  • At the end of the "If you like pina coladas" song when it's "his own lovely lady" and he says "I never knew..." *SOBBING*
  • @craftywitch I can’t stop laughing
  • @craftywitch i have been singing that song for days. But I always look the part where he says "and though im nobody's poet, I thought it wasnt half had." I love that song but a lot of people dont realize its about two people trying to cheat and finding each other.
  • I’m crying every time I tell anyone I’m pregnant it seems! I’m just so happy and I can’t keep it in 🙃.
    TW
  • I took my 2 year old daughter to a Wiggles concert. I’ve never understood people that get emotional at concerts, but my eyes were definitely teary. Luckily my pride didn’t let any tears fall. I think I was just overcome with emotion that she was seeing her first live performance of songs we play all the time at home. 
  • New med students were matriculating today at the campus I work for. Beautiful, accomplished, young people with glowing proud families being all idealistic about the future and saying their doctor vows! *SOBS* They were all so beautiful and proud in their new little white coats while being awarded their first stethoscopes!
    Omg I always cry at graduations! Just the song can set me off lol