Trying to Get Pregnant

Ten Things Tuesday 7/30

What ten things are you feeling grateful for or just loving for whatever reason this week?

Re: Ten Things Tuesday 7/30

• 1. SO
    2. my supportive family
    3. our jobs
    4. yoga
    5. our health
    6. hygge -- SO is obsessed with this concept right now and we are brainstorming how to make our apartment as cozy as possible for the long winter
    7. podcasts especially my current favorite, Uncover - the first season is about a woman who joined the NXIVM cult that was in the news recently. I'm off true crime podcasts and into cult podcasts right now.
    8. a casual dress code at my office....I'm wearing shorts today.
    9. Beauty products that have the word "glow" in them....even though I don't know if they really work it feels like I'm making my skin glowy if I use them
    10. The pasta I brought for lunch
  • @whitealbum29 omg yessss on Uncover!!!! I was obsessed with that season! 

Have you listened to Heaven's Gate yet? If not, you'll love it! Also there's a podcast called "Cults" that I listen to while running sometimes (I'm really fun, I promise! :D )
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Loading the player...
  • @mvt2003 -- ooh both of those sound amazing! The Shrink Next Door is pretty good too...kind of a cult one but not quite.
  • @whitealbum29 I've recommended The Shrink Next Door to multiple people, and I always recommend not to research it, just listen to the first episode so you get the "wth" moment in the first episode! Ha!

I'm currently binging the Crime Junkie backlist (I like that it's not just murder, and the hosts are committed to bringing awareness to under-represented cases). 

Also, if you're interested in cults, this is a few years old now, but it's one of the reasons I started really listening to podcasts. Karina Longworth's podcast You Must Remember This (a podcast about old Hollywood) did a season called Charles Manson's Hollywood in 2015 and it is quite frankly masterful. She is a fantastic researcher and storyteller, and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in true crime or cults. 

• @mvt2003 - definitely agree about The Shrink...and then if you don't look into it at all you can also be shocked at the end when you find out he's...still...practicing! :astonished:

Yes! Love YMRT. I loved that season and the ones on "Dead Blondes" and Joan Crawford. I don't know what the deal is with her newsletter through Patreon, I keep meaning to look into it because I think she's putting out new content that I'm missing. Do you still follow what she's up to? Also want to read her book on Howard Hughes!
  • @whitealbum29 It really is mind blowing that there have been no consequences for his obvious misconduct. (I also half wonder if maybe the reason things are being taken more seriously now is because the person he swindled was a man, but that's just the pessimist in me I think!) 

I have a love-hate relationship with Patreon - I understand the need for it, and I obviously see the point of paying people for their work. I just don't personally subscribe to them, mostly because I don't really know which one I would choose and I can't choose to support them all. :# I would be more likely to use an ad code than a Patreon, in all honesty, which is why I don't really mind podcast ads. 

• 1.  A day to be home from work and not go anywhere, except to help DH with an errand this morning, we wouldn't have had time to do otherwise.
    2.  DH took out the donations and we are finally starting to reclaim our dining room, which has become kind of a disaster.  :#
    3.  Kind of in the mood to start the next round of clothing donations.  We have been blessed with so. Much.  Nice to show some gratitude for it all by giving some away.
    4.  DH just called us down to look at a balloon! 🎈
    5.  Washer and drier
    6.  Hot food to eat
    7.  Fresh water to drink
    8.  New filters for the tap
    9.  Dehumidifier for the basement!
    10.  Family
  • @BusinessWife ah yes, clothing donation are a must for me too! 

1. I have a pretty nice place to live with cheap rent.
    2. My DH for working hard so that we have a nice place to live.
    3. My church for being a great suppost system.
    4. My doggy
    5. Having enough clothes to wear and more to give some away.
    6. Good food to eat everyday along with clean running water.
    7. A vehicle that works well enough to get me from point A to point B.
    8. Good eyesight and hearing
    9. Vegetables growing in my garden that I will be able to eat soon.
    10. A bit of nice sunny weather for change from all the rain.