Weekly Check-In Group 3 (3/17-3/24) w/o 7/29

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? 
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Weekly Check-In Group 3 (3/17-3/24) w/o 7/29

• EDD/W+D: 6w5d - 3/18

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip

Upcoming appts: This week! Finally! I have a call with the nurse on Wednesday and an ultrasound/doctor's appt on Friday. 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous. No vomiting, though. 

Rants/Raves: I'm normally a really healthy eater but nothing sounds appealing. The only things I want to eat are carbs....French fries and grilled cheese sandwiches and cereal. Ughhh. 

Questions: If you're a second time mom, when did the nausea end?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends?  Visiting friends and seeing Moulin Rouge in NYC in two weeks. 
  • @jpalacios892 all I eat are carbs too and I feel bad about it. I know it is important I eat healthy but I just can't seem to do it. My nausea seemed to go away around 12 or 13 weeks. So second trimester I was fine. 

EDD/W+D: March 18/6w+5d

Baby is the size of a(n): edge of a Reece's cup

Upcoming appts: This Thursday I get an ultrasound. I guess this is it, and I'll see if things look normal or not....

How are you feeling?: Anxious about my scan.

Rants/Raves: I would feel so much more optimistic if my betas were rising better. And if I hadn't gotten a fever in the beginning, and overheated at work, and not supplemented with extra folate and b vitamins, etc....

Questions: nope

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Going to farmer's markets
  • Loading the player...
  • @jpalacios892 my nausea really subsided around 10-11 weeks. It peaked at 8 weeks.

EDD/W+D: 3/20. 6+3

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appts: next Monday!!

How are you feeling?: pretty ok. Tired and slightly nauseated with some weird cravings, but no puking (yet). 

Rants/Raves: this is my last week of summer before I go back to work next week! Honestly I’m not really ready.

Questions: none atm

GTKY: a few more fun outings with DD: pool, zoo, etc. Also DD is going to daycare on Wednesday and I’m excited for some “me time”—lunch with girlfriends and maybe a manicure. 
  • I was debating participating until my appt so I know my “group,” but I am pretty sure I ovulated late and my appt isn’t until 8/20 :unamused: so I’ll go here.

@jpalacios892 I’m sure you are already tired of hearing every pregnancy is different ha, but anyway, for my first pregnancy I was only nauseous from 5.5-7.5 weeks. 

EDD/W+D: 3/19, 6w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Will find out. Super wanted a girl the first time and got a boy. Now I’m pretty indifferent. This is it though. Last baby. 

Baby is the size of a(n): ladybug

Upcoming appts: Not until 8/20. I’m annoyed I can’t get in a week sooner. 

How are you feeling?: I felt miserable all last week (vomiting, everything was disgusting, exhausted, etc.) and now I just have very, very low level nausea and some aversions. I hate that my symptoms subsided even though it’s nice to feel okay.  I’m also exhausted today but that is bc DS was up all night more or less. I am counting down the minutes until DH is home and I can go lie down. 

Rants/Raves: see above. Wish I were still vomming all the time honestly.

Questions: Don’t think so. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? I would really like to have one weekend just for our little family, but I don’t think we have any free weekends in August. So um I’m gonna hope my mommy friend does a playdate soon bc she has cute baby pools and DS has the time of his life there. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @silverhope omg same about the symptoms subsiding/feeling nice to feel okay! twinsies. I just wrote about this below. I am also wondering what the EDD my OB will give me on Wed--if I go by Ovulation or date or LMP, it's the same on the estimators, though, so maybe it'll be the same as those?

@kantobean No puking here yet either! I'm not "ready" to go back to work either, but I am looking forward to having something more to do.

@projectalice FX for you! I think I said the same in PGAL.

@jpalacios892SAMES on the--normally a healthy eater but nothing sounds appealing. Like... nothing. I keep eating fruit bc it's like the only think I can think of that I actually WANT to eat. We are having chicken soup w/ matzo balls tonight (a Kages/DH specialty.) Hopefully I can get some of that down bc it's my fave soup even though I don't normally eat chix.

EDD/W+D: 3/21 / 6w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we'll probably find out

Baby is the size of a(n): dried corn kernel (again, 🤩 for all our very different answers to this one!)

Upcoming appts: Thurs. 8/1--FX everything looks good.

How are you feeling?: Today, I actually feel probably the best I have had in a while? Not too nauseated or tired, but a little teeny bit of both. I wish I was hungrier--all I want to eat is fruit, though I forced myself to have some soup earlier.

Rants/Raves: Got some work done today on the courses I am teaching in the fall. DH had a GI Dr's appointment moved up a month bc they had a cancellation. So it's the week of Dr.'s visits! He has to go back in Wed. & I'll be driving him. I just recorded some podcast episodes with my BFF, so that was fun. Just glad I am feeling alright today & not going to be overanalyzing the symptoms "break" bc it's not like they're not there, they're just milder than they have been. 

Questions: I get this weird cervical pinching sometimes--it's hard to describe--I have had it before pre-O during ovulatory and *TW* during my mmc cycle around now *end TW**-- I don't know how better to describe it, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like it? It seems to be accompanied with occasional increased CM. I was trying to Dr. Google it but then stopped & I'm going to ask my OB about it on Thursday bc hopefullllyyyyyy we're having a "what next?" conversation instead of an "I'm so sorry" conversation.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? I don't want to say "nothing" but... I have gone to the same small music festival in PA every year of my life since I was 12-- but I am missing it this year. It's a big bummer, but we are too broke to make the trip. I am devastated--I feel like I have nothing to look forward to except the beginning of the semester. And "summer" doesn't really end where I live, anyway....
  • orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/W+D: 3/18, 6w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: TBD. Probably finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine blueberry

Upcoming appts: 8/13 

How are you feeling?: Not too bad! We’re on vacation in Florida and I’m currently lying beneath my beautiful dozing and sweaty 16 month old, who refuses to fall asleep in the travel crib (have been successfully transferring her at night). I haven’t been too nauseous, but I start crashing pretty hard come sundown. So far I’m a LOT less anxious in this pregnancy than I was during my first.

Rants/Raves: We had a nice, long, lazy beach day with all of my H’s family and none of my crew got sunburnt so I’ll call it a win. OH. The other day we saw baby sea turtles scrambling down to the ocean!!

Questions: @kagesstarshroom I was getting some pinchy cervical feelings, too. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? We’re on vacation now and will spend a long weekend in Maine in a coupla weeks. The time in between is pretty low key and we might paint the house. We’ll have a gazillion ripe tomatoes on the vines when we get home. My husband finally finished the last piece of his master’s degree and doesn’t start teacher duties until later in August. I’m off from school at the moment and only working two days a week. So we are in Bye Stress mode right now. I’m looking forward to it continuing!
  • @kagesstarshroom all I want is fruit too. I bought some fruit ice pops too. When I feel really well I can eat just about anything though. Good luck at your appt! 

@orbmaker that is so cool you saw baby sea turtles going to sea. That is on my bucket list! We were just in Bar Harbor, ME for a summer vaca. Hope you enjoy your Maine wknd!

• @silverhope fruit popsicles are a good idea!

@orbmaker i’m so glad you are able to get some relaxing vacay time in! and it made me feel so much better to know you’re getting punchy feelings too thank you for that. 🙂
  • @orbmaker I’m way jealous that you saw baby sea turtles! They are my second favorite animals. Also, I love Maine and I wish I lived close enough to visit (I’m in the Midwest now, but used to live in the northeast).
  • @projectalice I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. 

@orbmaker baby sea turtles?! So fun! I've never been to Maine, but would like to visit in the fall.

@kagesstarshroom Sending good vibes for your appointment tomorrow! What kind of podcasts do you have? DH is interested in doing his own - but clueless where to start for equipment.

@jpalacios892 yes to all the french fries!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    EDD/W+D:
    3/19, 6w+5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: DH wants to know, but I would like a surprise.

Baby is the size of a(n): Popping firecracker (those little ones you throw on the ground)

Upcoming appts: First appointment 8/14 - which feels forever away

How are you feeling?: MS hit me this morning, and I actually felt better after I got sick. 

Rants/Raves: Random: I've been binge watching American Horror Story and fell asleep with it on. I must have passed out hard, because DH came home (after 10:30 pm) and I woke up suddenly to our dog growling at the bedroom door (she never does this). I panicked and thought there was an intruder in the house at first. Apparently when DH came home he woke the dog up, she barked (which she usually never does), I must have slept through the barking. He didn't come upstairs for a bit, so our dog must have fallen back asleep too. Dog and I both woke up scared. I was terrified, and had heart palpitations for 10 minutes afterwards. 

Questions: ---

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? We have an all-inclusive trip to the Caribbean planned in September, so besides the first OB visit, I just want to jump to that.
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• @lusineg Thanks for asking! It's actually my BFF's podcast, not mine, and it's a Buffy/pop culture podcast. He uses this site called Zencastr (I think) and we can record together using, like, standard headphones and our laptops. IDK what editing tools he has. And it sounds really good. Tell YH to look into Zencastr! I think there's a free trial version he could use to get started and see if it works for him? These days, I am guessing having the right software makes up for not having, like, fancy mics. Anyway, glad you are feeling better after getting sick. I was super nauseated this morning and felt better after eating and then lying down again. I was like "remember how bad you feel now for later when you *think* you feel bad, Kages."
  • @lusineg aw man, an all-inclusive when you can't drink! Ha. No, but in all seriousness that sounds amazing. Which island?

• EDD/W+D: March 22/ 6.3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:  Def finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): dried corn kernel 

Upcoming appts: first appointment Wednesday Aug 7th

How are you feeling?: icky and gross. At work I can't stop vomiting (work in a restaurant)

Rants/Raves: I loveeeeee telling people im expecting 😍

Questions: anyone else have a RIVER of discharge lately?? Good Lord.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Kayaking!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kagesstarshroom - Thanks, I'll have him check it out! I remember when Buffy first came out and I was a little scared to watch it. :D How often do you podcast with him? DH is into D&D, so he's gone back and forth with deciding to do it or not. Laptop and headphones seems doable for a beginner! 

@silverhope - We booked this trip to the coast of Mexico the day before I found out I was pregnant. Last time we went, I had a leftover cough from a cold, and was on medicine, and couldn't drink - that was harder! I'm looking forward to their virgin slushies though. The resort has room service until 11 pm night, and they have a 24 hour snack bar - so I'm excited about that! 

@kantobean - What kind of weird cravings are you having?

• @lusineg all carbs all the time. I have twice now bought pizza bagels at the grocery store. I don’t think I’d eaten those since the 90’s!

also those peanut butter sandwich crackers. Mmmm.

and today I was craving a chicken salad sandwich. I got one and it was very good.
  • @kantobean Yeah so, we ordered pizza hut last night bc I found a coupon and as soon as I had seen the coupon it was over, we were getting pizza hut. #oops.

@lusineg He should do it! It's fun! I've been on.... like... 4-5 episodes? Let's see... I did one for an earlier season, one for season 5 i think, an episode on the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, one on Buffy & politics, & I just did this short one, which is for paying subscribers only. So 5! Or 4.5 if you count the short one as only half. I like doing it! Bc it's my BFF, I sort of function as a back-up a lot of times, which I am fine w/. 
  • EDD/W+D: (unofficially) 3/18.. 7 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly beans

Upcoming appts: not until 8/20 :neutral:

How are you feeling?: generally worse than I ever felt with my first, but not terrible.

Rants/Raves: bummed I still have 3 weeks until my appt.

Questions: none

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? I’m going to NC next week to caddy for my brother in a big amateur golf tournament. Should be fun, but hot!
  • @kantobean We had pizza rolls recently, one of DH's favorite things to bring camping. The first week that pregnancy hunger hit me, I picked up the cheese and crackers - they're great for at work. 

@kagesstarshroom We had Little Caesar's pizza last night!

Today I had leftover pizza for lunch, and then went to a local market. Picked up kalamata olives, rice pudding, and chocolate chip cannolis. Held me over after lunch. The market may be my go to, because they have such a variety of foods - only tough part was seeing a lot of the soft cheeses and hoagies that I love. 

• @lusineg you can always ask if the soft cheeses are pasteurized! Pretty much all cheese made in the US are, so most of them are safe.
  • EDD/W+D: 7/18/19/ 7w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out when possible 

Baby is the size of a(n): M&M 

Upcoming appts: I have an ultrasound on Monday where they’ll hopefully hear and measure the heartbeat. Hopefully graduating from my fertility clinic. 

How are you feeling?: Anxious about my upcoming appointment. The fatigue/ exhaustion is real. Also the bloating. Sometimes when I go too long without eating or eat too fast I get that icky post-holiday eating feeling. But nothing I’d call nausea. 

Rants/Raves: 4 day weekend coming up to rest and recharge woo hoo! 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? Camping with my family and telling family and close friends we are expecting (waiting to hear the heartbeat on Monday)
  • dmadden123dmadden123 member
    edited August 2019
    Hi March mamas this is my first pregnancy. 25 years old and so is DH. We are both very excited!
    EDD/W+D:  unofficial DD is 3/23/19 and currently 7 weeks exactly.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: I can’t wait to find out! I’d like to do an early gender determination test.

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry today! 

Upcoming appts: first appointment isn’t until next week on 8/16/19 😒 feels like forever away... I just want to hear that heartbeat 🙏🏻💓

How are you feeling?: boobs are sore, occasional nausea but it’s not all day and not severe. Really hungry all the time. Makes me nervous that I don’t feel more sick at this point 😣

Rants/Raves: this is my first pregnancy so I’m super nervous of something going wrong. I worry about it every day. I was expecting today at 7 weeks to feel nauseous or something when I woke up but nothing.. 😕

Questions: any second time moms out there able to provide a little reassurance if they didn’t have morning sickness at 7 weeks but everything was totally normal?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to doing before summer ends? 
    At this point just getting that first ultra sound lol no vacations or anything in the near future, took a little weekend trip to San Diego in June.

• @dmadden123 From what I've seen on here and what I've read, every pregnancy is different--and there are other mamas on this board in your boat who haven't been experiencing nausea or have only vaguely been (for example, the post above yours in this thread.) Try to stay calm! You can probably ask if there are options to go in sooner for your exam if you are too stressed? Take solace in the symptoms you do have, if that's possible. =)
  • @kagesstarshroom yes you’re right! I’m trying 😓 thank you  :)
  • @dmadden123 First pregnancy here too and I totally feel you on the worrying everyday! I do have nausea but I don’t think having or not having certain symptoms is an indicator of anything bc I’ve heard good and bad stories on either end. My appt isn’t till next week either so I’m just like SHEIFNCGXUDIWKDNX I just wanna know!!! Lol I’ve learned google is not ur friend and just try to stay positive! 
  • @mrsc918 yess it’s so hard!  :s  thanks  :)
  • @dmadden123 this is not my first pregnancy and I'm crazy nervous. I am also in the same boat with no symptoms and I was with my daughter as well. Your appt will ease a lot of your anxiety. 
  • @SDSwenson thanks so much for you input I really appreciate hearing that you’ve experienced this too. How far along are you? Yes I can’t wait for that first appointment. Have you had yours yet? 
  • @dmadden123 same as others have said.. and my 1st pregnancy I did not have 1 symptom. I felt amazing but it was definitely an anxious time until I could feel him move everyday. Hang in there! My first appt isn’t until 8/20 so I feel your pain on waiting.. it’s awful.
  • Ok that’s reassuring to hear... thank you so much for sharing that. Yes the waiting is so hard! We can do it... lol 😅 @npkat