Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS Week of 7/29

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: If you just found out that you had a completely free day tomorrow (no work, no kids, no SO) how would you spend it?

Re: TFAS Week of 7/29

• Loading the player...
  • bows22bows22 member
    @gingermama29 I’m sure you are happy to get that day to get back in the swing of things from vaca. I’m glad you had a great time! I hope you get some O signs soon. How frustrating. 
  • @shamrocandroll oh girl, I'm sending you hugs and so many wishful hopes and good thoughts for this cycle to be it for you! Trust your friend if she says all is good, and just do what you want to do and what you feel like you need to do! I'm sorry about the pendant! I really hope it turns out... check in your sheets and in the towel you used for your shower.  I've lost my pendant that I have for DS (a few times actually) and thankfully it's always turned up in some place like that!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @gingermama29 Yes!  Love sleeping in my own bed after vacation!  Even better if it's in clean sheets!  Best feeling!!!  Glad you had a great vacation!

@bows22 Are you looking for a coast guard approved flotation device, or something she can just play in while you supervise?  My recommendation depends on the purpose.  We have a boat, so we need so have DS in an approved life vest when he's on it, but they tend to not me the most comfortable solution until they get bigger (30+ lbs) and can use the Puddle Jumper.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• edited July 2019
    Type yourWhat number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hopeful obviously, but it took us about 9-10 months to conceive my son, so trying to be cautiously optimistic of my time frame, even if it sucks. 

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Today has been a bit busy with DS, he spent the weekend with his dad and grandparents while i worked and its always a bit chaotic after that. Not only is my house a mess, and were starting on some bathroom repairs today, but after spending time with them he's like "entertain me! 24/7!!". Since I stay home with him during the week we get a nice routine going and it goes out the window when I work. Hes also creeping up more on that super toddler stage so that's a bit difficult. 

GTKY: If you just found out that you had a completely free day tomorrow (no work, no kids, no SO) how would you spend it? Id probably spend some time relaxing, and drinking -HOT coffee, and then spend some time browsing target or something, and have lunch out by myself. Id then go back home to the fam bam, because id miss them and my boy. Lol

edited for wording.
  • @gingermama29 I hope you have your O soon! That does sound frustrating! I'm glad you had a good weekend! 
    @bows22 I don't use any flotation devices for DS, like puddle jumpers or life jackets, I think they can create a false sense of security, and we'll wait until DS is more mature to introduce that. For now we just use one of those little mesh/floating ones they sit down in. He is about 28 lbs and still fits his well. Or I just hold him, he prefers that! I'm glad DD is better! I'm sure she will excel in her speech!
    @kpearse99 So sorry about your BFN, those feelings are the worst:( I hope you feel better soon. 
    @shamrocandroll FX for you this cycle, That sounds like it would be a hard weekend with all of that going on.. I Hope you find your pendant!

• @kpearse99 Thank you.  Usually it falls down my shirt and my cleavage/bra catches it, but not this time.  I don't wear it to bed or in the shower, but I'll be sure to retrace my steps when I get home tonight.  My puppy literally tries to eat anything and everything that touches the floor (including rocks), so I'm really nervous that she may have found it, but holding out hope!

@photographerwife Oh man... hot coffee?  What's that like?  Haha
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• millpemillpe member
    I dont have time to do a full update right now, but something funky is going on with my hormones/body. Yesterday I was spotting, which wasnt totally uncommon around this time before DS, but I also started lactating, like got my tshirt wet yesterday! I haven't bf since Jan I think! And now I'm spotting again today! It feels like I'm getting AF, but I'm on CD 17 and potentially 3DPO. Ugh.
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @millpe Ugh, I'm sorry.  That is really confusing!  I would be very alarmed to randomly start lactating as well.  I hope it's a good kind of weird, though!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @millpe geez, that is really strange and alarming - have you thought about calling your doctor?  Maybe they can do some blood work to see what your levels/number are and help figure out what's going on.

@photographerwife I LOVE hot coffee!!! Nothing better!

@m6agua it only takes once, right?!  That's so great about your DD! Yay for her :)
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• What number are you trying for? 
    Month/Cycle? 2nd

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not sure what to think right now. We had good timing, but now I feel bloated like AF is coming.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS had a playdate with our friends and their kid who is a month younger and they did so well! You could totally tell the different personalities. Their kid is so cautious and my kid is a wild child!

GTKY: If you just found out that you had a completely free day tomorrow (no work, no kids, no SO) how would you spend it?
    Depends on my mood, but probably going to a movie or getting a chance to go shopping on my own.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bows22 glad to hear your news about the early intervention! FX for you that this is your cycle!

@kpearse99 so sorry about your BFN. This is the first cycle I've temped or charted so unfortunately I don't have much information to go on. I've always paid attention to my CF so I've had a rough idea of when ovulation happened but this cycle has had at least two patches of EWCM so that's made things more challenging.

@shamrocandroll your kid-free, SO-free day sounds like a dream. Also I'm sorry to hear you lost that pendant. I hope you find it soon!

@photographerwife sounds like a busy weekend and day today. Hopefully he'll get back into his routine pretty quickly.

@m6agua yay for your DD! FX for you that your timing was good and this is your cycle!

@KathrynMD sounds like a fun play date. It's always fun to watch your child play with other kids. I know I really enjoy watching DD interact with other kids.
  • bows22bows22 member

@kpearse99 hugs, friend ❤️don’t beat yourself up about asking your DS for some mommy time. You’re a great mom and I’m sure he has long forgotten about it by now. 

@shamrocandroll I think you are doing the right thing with the birthday party. Im sure she understands and maybe you can make a special trip to visit sometime when you can see her and her LO without a million other people there? I am saying a prayer that you find that necklace. I have a bracelet with DD’s birthstone that I lost once and I was in really bad shape over it. A week later I was digging for something in my purse and there it was! So check your purse, just in case  

@millpe wtf?? I would probably call my doctor just because I’d be so curious, I’m sure everything is fine but seems so weird. 

@m6agua that is the cutest story about your DD. I’m glad you got some timing in this cycle and that you are back posting!

@shamrocandroll@m6agua Re: floatation devices, I guess that’s what I am trying to figure out. We have the coast guard approved infant life vest for when she is on my in-laws boat, do people use those when their kids are playing near the ocean or in the pool? Or is that overkill since I will be right next to her at all times? She doesn’t mind it but I’m sure she would have more fun without it. We also bought a float thing with the leg holes (probably similar to what @photographerwife mentioned) just for something different to do versus carrying her around in the pool. I guess really I am leaning towards not using anything (besides the float just for fun) but wanted to see if that’s the norm or not. 

• @bows22 I’m sure whatever you use will be fine! I didn’t even think about boating.. just make sure you get one that is made for life rescue. I don’t know the appropriate term. And i know my view on the puddle jumper seems kind of odd, I’d only be concerned if they were around a pool often, or in any situation where an accident could happen on a regular basis! We have a pool and it scares the crap out of me! 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @photographerwife oh yes the boat vest is legit, but we won’t be on a boat on vacation. I just meant we have that already if that seems to be what people use. Thank you though! I don’t think your view is odd at all and is very helpful. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @jennifer_louise thank you! I kind of want DD to be afraid for now until she learns how to swim. So that’s why I am leaning toward not using anything. But I didn’t want to be foolish either so it’s helpful to know that I’m not alone! I’m sorry your timing is screwed up this cycle. Hopefully you can HIO right before you leave and right when you get back. Also your rave about your DD is so nice. Your stories about her are always so sweet!
  • @photographerwife @bows22 I actually 100% agree on the false sense of security aspect.  If we are going to be literally right there, I will opt to not have a life vest on him at all.  I don't want him to think he can just walk into a body of water and float.  Drowning is probably my #1 fear, since we live on a lake.  DS is definitely getting bolder around water, and he doesn't meet the age requirement for actual swim lessons that aren't just mommy and me pool time until he's 3.  We have the Puddle Jumper for comfort reasons on the boat because it's a pontoon and not exactly going to just start sinking without warning.  But we also keep a vest style life jacket on there because I don't think the puddle jumper would necessarily prevent drowning if they fell in and couldn't roll themselves onto their back.  DS always tends to go face forward in the water with it on.  

@jennifer_louise I actually never watched it when it was airing, so I'm only like halfway through, and stil have like 8000 more episodes to go, haha!  But it's my guilty pleasure.  MH is always like "WTF are you watching?" haha.  I haven't heard about a reboot, but I'm also never really in the loop on those sorts of things.  

Still no pendant yet.  I'm so sad!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @gingermama29 playing games with my family is my favorite way to spend vacation!

@bows22 so glad to hear about her rocking the evaluation! that's awesome!

@kpearse99 is it bad i'm looking forward to the age when I tell them i need private mommy time, and they know what that means and actually leave me for 5 minutes?

@shamrocandroll so many hugs

@photographerwife hot coffee and target? Also high on my list!!
  • kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited July 2019
    @mamaqdubu it's not bad at all!  But don't be fooled - he doesn't always give me the time I request  :D When he was younger and I needed a break I used to hide in my closet for a few minutes hahaha  I'm not ashamed!

@bows22 now that I think of it, I don't think we ever put DS in a floatie of any sort when we were at the beach.  He was certainly too scared to go anywhere further than just having the waves brush up on his feet and we were always right there holding his hand.

@shamrocandroll I was thinking about you and your pendant this morning.  I don't know if you're religious but have you tried saying a prayer to Saint. Anthony?  For some reason, it usually works haha

@jennifer_louise I hope you get some good HIO in this cycle.  It sucks that you're traveling, I have a lot of travel coming up in August and I am not looking forward to it.  I'm hoping it doesn't screw with my timing either.

AFM: I am a day late and I am really hoping this cycle doesn't turn into another 40 day cycle like last one.  I have no idea what's going on and I would really like normalcy to return.  What makes a LP long anyway?  Also, I can't say that I have noticed any EWCM the last 2 cycles either.... so that's starting to concern me a bit too...
    Our TTC Journey

• @bows22 Hahaha!  I totally refer to my TB friends as my friends!  I usually make myself sound extra cool by saying "my friend from my mom group"  :lol:

@kpearse99 I'm not particularly religious, but I wouldn't turn down a prayer from someone who is!  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• m6aguam6agua member
    @bows22 I guess with the floatation device in the ocean I would suggest the life jacket or nothing. The life jacket is designed to keep them upright, where things like the arm floats and other things aren't. I haven't been with DD at an ocean, but we have been on the beach of a lake and we did nothing when she was playing in the shallows/sand. We did take her out for a short while in one of those ones she sits in with the canopy above her and pulled her along, but there were no waves. We also took her out without anything, just holding her. We were always by her and engaged with her no matter what part of the water she was in.

@jennifer_louise My cycles were short like that before I was pregnant the first time in late 2015, like 23-25 days. It sucked. After I started tracking I realized my LP was a little short and I O'd sort of early. It seemed to normalize after my mc, probably from the extra progesterone. Those are sweet words about your LO, I am feeling the same sentiments these days. Also it is so cute how they announce things so proudly!

@millpe I am sorry about your cycle, hopefully AF or BFP comes soon and you don't have to worry about it.
    It is so fun to see these LO's grow. So far I feel like every age/development phase has been fun, I think because overall just watching them learn in grow is amazing.

@shamrocandroll I think I have similar thoughts to you with the security stuff. While we don't live on a lake, my parents have a house on the channel that is just off of the lake and we go there quite a bit. There is no barrier between the yard and the channel. We also go on the pontoon a lot, we go to the sand bars and the beach. I've been doing the parent/child swim lessons at the Y with DD since she was 6 months. We have done 3 and are going to do another in September. After that I am bumping her up the the next level, without us. I am a bit nervous for that, but I know she needs it.

@kpearse99 I'm sorry. I am not too sure on the LP, but I am pretty sure progesterone has a play in it for length and the dryness. After having DD I was always dry with virtually no CM, my progesterone was really low, but I also had quite a bit of hormone imbalance overall.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• edited July 2019
    @kpearse99 I never thought I would still.be trying to schedule work training around HIO a year later, but here we are. Oh well! And I'm sorry about AF not coming. I hope you can move along soon anyway!

Omg I'm so happy to be able to keep up with that thread this week! 

@millpe just ordered a state of the art pair of ute glasses from Amazon, expected delivery on Thursday. I'll point em your way then (:

@shamrocandroll GG is my guilty pleasure too and I know MH judges me so hard. But he also sometimes sits to watch with me because I think he secretely loves it. It's so lamely good, and I also love all the outfits. 

• @m6agua I'm not dry, nor have I been, I just haven't gotten the EW. I'm trying to read about it on google but everything I'm finding is really just talking about short LP.
    Our TTC Journey

• m6aguam6agua member
    @kpearse99 Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. Yeah, I don't know much about it and most of the things I have heard has been about short LP too. I just know that progesterone is a major player in that phase, so I would think it would be for short and long LPs. Hopefully you can figure it out.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @millpe I hope you get some clarity soon! Ive heard that you really never stop lactating.. But that super weird that it happened all of a sudden! 
    @m6agua SO cute! She has the right to be proud! Lol!
    @Kathryn0903 FX that AF doesn't show!
    @jennifer_louise I hope that is the case.. we'll see! FX for you to get your BFP soon! Littles are the sweetest, its so fun watching them grow and become little people!
    @millpe IKR, unicorn is the hope! Two of my best friends got KU accidently and told me that i'm the only person they've ever known whos tried to get KU, like that's some big prize or something.. 🙄 My day off needs funds too! haha
    @mamaqdubu the winery sounds sooo nice. Poor babe! I hope he feels better soon! Im right with you on trying to get rid of the binky. Hes still obsessed. ill have to try cutting them! Id also love some personal space, I cant wait for the day when he doesnt want to crawl all over me... but then i want another, so... 🤷🏼‍♀️
    @kpearse99 WebMD says that the luteal phase can be lengthened by a number of things, including hormone imbalance, PCOS, endometriosis and a few other things, I hope its all just a fluke for you! I dont always notice EWCM either though, Maybe we need to drink more water?? idk.. FX for you!
  • @photographerwife I think I just read that on WebMD too  :D I just went through all of my RE testing so I know I don't have any of that stuff... so I'm guessing just a 2 cycle fluke then...?! ugh!
    Our TTC Journey

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 10/9

WTO/TWW? Tww 

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 next month (ahhhhhh, my baby is growing up too fast).

Any thoughts about this cycle? So over it. Timing was great but of course I've been sick so hoping that didnt delay ovulation.

Any questions? How do you respond when your LO is constantly making comments on having a baby sibling? It breaks my heart but it's so adorable at the same time.

Rant/Rave/Brag: My BFF is driving me insane with all the wedding talk but I let her go because she's happy.  I just wish we could take a break from the 24/7 wedding talk. On the flip side, super proud of my son and his creativity! 

GTKY: If you just found out that you had a completely free day tomorrow (no work, no kids, no SO) how would you spend it? Sleeping in then probably cleaning in peace.  
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited July 2019
    @millpe I love this age for DD too! I agree with you that is so fun to watch them learn new things and develop their speech! Also to answer your question, I am using FF to track my cycle/CF and temping every morning. Part of my issue is that I didn't start until partway through my cycle so I don't have data for the first 20 days. 

@mamaqdubu I hope your DS feels better. That sounds like a rough night.

@kpearse99 FX that this doesn't turn into a long cycle for you. 

@jennifer_louise ugh super short cycles sound rough too! Hopefully you'll be able to work out timing with the work trip. It's so hard when traveling conflicts with FW. FX for you!

Edited for clarity
  • edited July 2019
    I accidently typed replies on the wrong thread, cut and moved to TWW!

• @photographerwife I think you might have just posted your response to the dailies here by mistake.  I wanted to make sure to let you know so you can move it.  Being tagged unexpectedly in TFAS might be triggering for some.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Im so sorry! i just realized this. 

SO SO sorry for anyone that I accidentally tagged here.