November 2019 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-in 7.25

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.   

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: Do you have any pets? (feel free to share pics)
Me: 36  DH: 40
Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
   <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
<3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
Mirena out 1/23/24

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in 7.25

• What's going on this week? Not much. I have been staying home because I have been sick. Although I’m nesting so I have only spent 1 day resting on the couch. The other days I have been organizing different parts of my house. I have almost everything done except my schoolroom, nursery, and the kid’s closets. I have purchased everything I need, I’m just waiting for everything to be delivered. When I order with prime it takes a week or more for it to arrive. So irritating. 

How far along are you? I’m 23 weeks. 

Anyone have an appointment this week? My next appointment is next week. Just a normal OB appointment but it will be my first one at this new practice. 

Cravings/Symptoms? I have been suffering from hip pain. Only on one side so not as bad as I have had it with past pregnancies. No real cravings. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? It is cold. So cold. I wish it would just stay at 78 degrees because it is warm enough to be outside in the water but not so hot I’m miserable inside our house. Although, I do love being able to wear my jeans all the time. I kinda want to get some more that are different styles. So I may go to Motherhood maternity and look for some. 

Questions?

GTKY: Do you have any pets? (feel free to share pics) I have a miniature poodle, Charlie Brown, and a cat, Neko. My cat is crazy and my dog is just becoming an old man. He is scheduled for surgery next Monday to have some teeth pulled. I knew his oral health wasn’t the best but we just couldn’t do much about it when DH was in residency. 
  • What's going on this week? Just so much work. So. Much. Work. I might have taken on too many side projects, but I just get so anxious about money I find it hard to turn projects down. 

How far along are you? 25+5 today

Anyone have an appointment this week? No, not until Aug 5 for 28w checkup

Cravings/Symptoms? Really bad pain in my butt/upper thigh. I guess that is sciatic pain? I dunno. I did a few stretches last night, I guess it helped a little. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I know its dumb, but someone I know posted on IG about potty training her son, who is a few months younger than DS, and it sort of made me feel bad because we didn't successfully potty train with DS when we tried. I really want him to be ready, but I guess he's just not. It's hard for me not to compare. First it was how late he started talking, now this..

Questions?

GTKY: Do you have any pets? (feel free to share pics) We have two cats and a dog.. our dog is quite elderly and a bit incontinent now which is sad and also annoying. Like I don't blame him but I really wish he could hold his pee for a normal amount of time. 

@emeraldcity1214 one of the things I don't like about summer is the fact that its usually too hot to wear jeans. I really can't wait for fall so I can break out my comfy distressed jeans again. Although I guess I'll have to wait until late November or December this year since I won't fit them now!
  • Loading the player...
  • @creamcheeseplease I have found boys to be harder to train. Plus they can’t hold it very long either. So lots of accidents. At least for DS2 it was that way. I can’t remember training DS1. It was so long ago. I know back then it was the norm to start at 18 months though. I need to start training DD2. I’m just not mentally ready for it. Plus we have 3 trips coming up in the next 2 months and I’m not sure I want to deal with PT on those trips. However, she takes her diapers off all. The. Time. 😒 So I’m trying to decide which is more work, PT or rediscovering every 15-20 minutes when she starts stripping down. 

Also, you are getting so close to 3rd trimester. How has time flown so fast!!! We are going to be holding these babies soon. I can’t wait. I’m never putting this baby down either. Anyone who wants to hold him gets 4 minutes. 😂 I’m not even joking! I’m stingy with my babies. Plus I keep them at my breast as much as possible so that keeps people from asking to hold them too. I have no shame! 
  • I'm amazed that third tri is so close. I can't wait for baby snuggles too. I remember being so protective of DS when he was born and I hated anyone else holding him, and I totally thought I wouldn't be that way but I definitely was! I think its instinctual a lot of the time. BFing is always a good idea to keep them to yourself, haha. 

And, re PT, I probably wouldn't train you DD either with the trips coming up, but what do I know, I haven't even successfully trained one kid, haha. We're going away in August as well and until that trip is over I'm really just trying to talk about potty and read potty books with him. He does tell me he doesn't want to wear his diaper but he also doesn't want to wear underwear. Sorry kid.. those are your options! So many people have said boys are harder than girls. Honestly all the little girls in DS' daycare class are a bit ahead of the boys in many ways, haha, so I definitely believe it. 
  • @creamcheeseplease let him go commando. It helps to kick the muscle memory of a diaper hugging them. 

Has anyone seen the drive-by post on TTGP. It got nasty. Horrible stuff got said by the OP. 
  • So crazy, I think I read that drive-by on Friday right before it got deleted, when I pressed backspace it was gone. I do not understand people like that. 

@emeraldcity1214 like let him run around the house naked and try to get him to the potty in time? I tried with underwear but he didn't like the underwear and then when he peed himself he honestly wasn't that bothered by it, lol..
  • @creamcheeseplease yes, keep him naked from the waist down and when you see him pee, get him to the potty ASAP. That will help him connect the dots that he is actually peeing. Then he should gradually move to knowing right before he has to go and then you get him on it ASAP so he gets it in the potty. Then he should be able to do that mostly on his own. 

As for underwear, undies that hug like a diaper trigger muscle memory. So it can actually cause more accidents. I usually let my kids go without underwear for a full month so they lose the muscle memory. With my son, I gave him boxers to wear because they don’t hug like a diaper.